Multiplayer at home setup

PC : Turn based WW2 goodness in the mold of Panzer General. This promises to be a true classic!

Moderators: Slitherine Core, Panzer Corps Moderators, Panzer Corps Design

malcolm3000
Private First Class - Opel Blitz

Multiplayer at home setup

Post by malcolm3000 »

Hello,

I'm trying to setup Panzer Corp so I may play against my father on two separate computers at home. I have them loaded on two pc's. I can play single on both, I can also log on on both at the same time but with only my username. I've created separate usernames with two separate email addresses, however it will not allow me to log on with a separate account number.

My question is this: Has anyone setup up Panzer Corp to be able to play multiplayer on separate computers from the same IP address?

I'm willing to buy a separate license but it will still be registered to the same IP address so I'm no sure if it will work.

Thanks,

Malcolm.
PeteMitchell
Major-General - Tiger I
Major-General - Tiger I

Re: Multiplayer at home setup

Post by PeteMitchell »

Haven't tried it but if it is because of having the same IP (not sure), have you thought of using a VPN (tunnel) on one of the computers so this computer will have a different IP compared to the other.

Do you get any error message(s)?
Comprehensive Battlefield Europe AAR:
http://www.slitherine.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=145&t=86481
malcolm3000

Post by malcolm3000 »

I'm getting the message '"login isn't correct" (I registered with another email address and username). I've tried the VPN with different IP address but the same message comes up. I cannot set up a head to head game. I want to be able to play against another human player in my home. Perhaps it just can't be done.

I'm really trying to set up a game with my father who can relate to ww2. I think panzer general is simple and the turn based strategy is something he can learn. It's a shame this great game is not setup for LAN or internet play at home.
PeteMitchell
Major-General - Tiger I
Major-General - Tiger I

Post by PeteMitchell »

OK, so it's not the IP... well, just two more thoughts:

1. do you have two valid PzC serial numbers, i.e. one for each installation? (not sure if needed... just as an idea, the first username could be linked to the serial number and the second username without a different serial number might not work, don't know?)

2. did you contact Slitherine support?
Moniker
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38

Post by Moniker »

Following up on Pete's number 2 suggestion you might post your issue in the Tech Support area in top section of the forum. Perhaps that would help. Good luck.
VPaulus
Slitherine
Slitherine

Post by VPaulus »

We don't allow duplicate accounts of the same user.
Two separate computers, two user accounts and two licenses, this what's needed to play in multiplayer.
There's no LAN option.
PeteMitchell
Major-General - Tiger I
Major-General - Tiger I

Post by PeteMitchell »

VPaulus wrote: Thu Apr 18, 2019 9:22 am We don't allow duplicate accounts of the same user.
Two separate computers, two user accounts and two licenses, this what's needed to play in multiplayer.
There's no LAN option.
That's what I had thought eventually, makes perfect sense from a DRM perspective...
WillKeith

Post by WillKeith »

Yeah, the time has come to update this thread. What if I use a proxy to play on 2 computers and the same house?
sbpc1
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G

Post by sbpc1 »

hotseat with a laptop or tablet not an option for you?

there is probably some way you could even wireless/remote connect one or two android devices to the pc/laptop with panzer corps on it and hotseat that way.
HamzaRoy

Post by HamzaRoy »

Yep, it may work. Actually, it worked for my father and me, but you should only use a residential proxy cause it hides your IP. You can try this one https://soax.com/residential-proxies. We've been using it since we installed the game. Though it's been a long time since Panzer Corp was launched, it's still my favorite game. My dad showed it to me about 2 years ago for the first time. It's still probably the most memorable event of that year. We spent a record time playing it during lockdown (about 17 hours). We had a great time then.

Return to “Panzer Corps”