Ideas for Panzer Corps 2

A new story begins...
The sequel to a real classic: Panzer Corps is back!

Moderator: Panzer Corps 2 Moderators

jeffoot77
Master Sergeant - Bf 109E

Re: Ideas for Panzer Corps 2

Post by jeffoot77 »

hello everybody,

I would like to propose a game mode that will hardly require any work to the developers but that will make fury with the players. It is to propose a world map composed of dozens of small areas (like a hex) to unlock .
For example, the zone or the city of dunkirk is to be unlocked by clicking on it: what is happening by clicking on it? we would access a historical scenario of the battle of Dunkerque that must be won to unlock the area of ​​the world map.
You're going to tell me: "but it's a big job for a designer!" And that's where I say "no, not at all!" Because at the beginning of the game, all these small areas would be blocked but it's the players who will propose the scenarios of these areas! no work for developers! Obviously if the scenario "dunkirk" is proposed several times by several players, only one will be selected, the one with the most positive votes from the players. Thus, over the months, the world map would be filled with scenarios proposed by the community.
To validate this or that scenario, one could imagine a red color for the new scenarios little played and the zone would then become green after having been noted positively by many players.
The only work that this game mode would require would be the creation of "the world map of the community."

I know that my idea has no chance to pass but i take my chance ... thank you for reading.
my custom mini-campaign in order of battle :
http://www.slitherine.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=374&t=79333&p=676302#p676302

Panzer corps mods archive : http://jeffoot.freeboxos.fr:41226/share/KmCyju7JFZX6dD2B/
Retributarr
Lieutenant Colonel - Panther D

Re: Operation Sealion (German: Unternehmen Seelöwe),

Post by Retributarr »

Delete this Duplicate...Please!.
Last edited by Retributarr on Tue Apr 02, 2019 5:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Retributarr

Post by Retributarr »

If Operation Sea Lion had happened, would Britain have been able to repel the invading force?:
https://www.quora.com/If-Operation-Sea- ... Stalingrad

This meant that there were roughly half a million soldiers in Britain that were prepared for an invasion from Germany, plus the numbers from the British Colonies, volunteers from America, Poland, Czechoslovakia, Belgium, Luxembourg, and all other occupied territories friendly with the Allies. It must be noted that some of these went back to fight in Europe.

The British Army of June 1940 constituted twenty-two infantry divisions and one armoured division, with the infantry divisions, on average, being at half strength, possessing only one-sixth of their standard artillery strength, and almost entirely lacking transport. Ammunition could not be spared for practise exercises (though some records show that a stockpile numbering 290 million rounds of .303 ammunition was possessed by the British on 7 June 1940, with this number rising to 400 million in August).

Tank estimates also vary - though Viscount Cranbourne stated that Britain had only fifty infantry tanks, and two hundred light tanks, Churchill stated:

…in the last half of September we were able to bring into action on the South coast front sixteen divisions of high quality of which three were armoured divisions or their equivalents in brigades. [4]

Official sources give the tank numbers on 10 June 1940 as 142 infantry tanks and 103 cruisers. [5]

Nevertheless, the British government felt confident in Britain’s factory output and ability to repel an invasion using tanks, as they sent 102 tanks to Egypt in August 1940.

May 1940, the creation of the "Local Defence Voluntee":...later becoming known as the Home Guard!.

By the end of June, 1.5 million volunteers signed up for the Home Guard. This was far more than the government had expected. Equipment was in short supply, and they had no uniforms.
(Improvised weaponry used by the Home Guard.)

These are the kinds of improvised weapons that the Home Guard had to use. Molotov cocktails, flamethrowers, guns (privately owned), and a knife or bayonet on a pole.
Retributarr

Re: Operation Sealion (German: Unternehmen Seelöwe),

Post by Retributarr »

Retributarr wrote: Tue Feb 12, 2019 6:32 am Operation Sealion (German: Unternehmen Seelöwe),
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Operation_Sea_Lion

After looking over the web-site, can someone see if it is possible to make an 'Operation Sealion' campaign?.

To make this invasion of England possible, first!..."Air-Superiority" would be absolutely necessary. and...2nd..."Control over the Channel" to a significant enough degree would also be absolutely necessary in order to make an invasion possible.

Step 1 Destroy Fighter Command:
The Germans never accomplished step 1 of their plans - defeat Fighter Command.

To gain air-superiority, the German's failed in this task for 2-Main Reason's!.

1. They initially attacked the 'Radar-Stations' and were in the process of destroying them, however...for some reason...the mission was never completed???. The German's must not have realized...just how vitally-important these 'Radar-Stations' would be to British 'Fighter-Command' in ensuing final victory over the 'Luftwaffe'.

Had the 'Radar-Stations' been 'neutralized/put out of commission', Fighter Command very likely would have not been able to derail Hermann Göring's Luftwaffe effort's to have sufficient/necessary control over the air-space over England in order to help ensure that the invasion could be successful!.

2. At the outset the Luftwaffe 'Bombed and Strafed' the British Airfields, destroying aircraft on the ground as well as 'Pot-Holing' the airfield landing surface so intensely so as to make the airfield landing strips unusable for take-off or landing.

Then due to a 'Bomber-Groups' unintentional bombing of a British coastal harbour and town during the dark of night (They got lost!), British Bomber-Command then dispatched an air-fleet of bombers to bomb Berlin in retaliation!. Hitler got horribly upset, got his 'ire' up,...and then commanded the 'Luftwaffe' to bomb London as a priority instead of the airfields to get his revenge for the bombing of Berlin!. The British were now able to repair and keep their air-fields in repair to permit the Hurricane and Spitfire aircraft to continue their efforts to oppose the Luftwaffe'.

Had the 'Luftwaffe' instead have maintained a continual effort to make the British Airfields unusable, 'Fighter-Command' would not have been able to make any further realistic air-challenges to the German air-force!. Finally, at last..now...'Air-Superiority' would have been established!!!. The scheduled/planned invasion could now be attempted or put-off until the following spring after more intensive preparations would have been initiated.
En'-Addition;

Before the actual..."Operation-zionie SeaLion" , why-not...conduct a 'Full_Slug-Em-Out-Match' between the opposing sides...to then see/determine if an 'Invasion' is even to be attempted???.

Perhap's...make this an 'Optional' task' for those who want to feel that they have really earned the right or the opportunity to do the actual invasion!. Other's may not want to be inconvenienced by this additional effort?.

ImageA Royal Observer Corps spotter scans the skies of London

http://military.wikia.com/wiki/Battle_of_Britain
On 11 July, Grand Admiral Erich Raeder, Commander-in-Chief of the Kriegsmarine (German Navy), told Hitler that an invasion could only be contemplated as a last resort, and only after full air superiority had been achieved. The Kriegsmarine had been nearly crippled by the Norwegian Campaign, with many of its ships having been sunk or damaged, while the Royal Navy still had over 50 destroyers, 21 cruisers and eight battleships in the British Home Fleet.http://military.wikia.com/wiki/Home_Fleet[26][27][nb 11] There was little the weakened Kriegsmarine could do to stop the Royal Navy from intervening. The only alternative was to use the Luftwaffe's dive bombers and torpedo bombers, which required air superiority to operate effectively. Grand Admiral Raeder said, "A powerful and effective air force might create conditions favourable for an invasion, whether it could was not in the Navy War Staff's province."[29]

On 16 July, although he agreed with Raeder, Hitler ordered the preparation of a plan to invade Britain;[30] he also hoped that news of the preparations would frighten Britain into peace negotiations. "Directive No. 16; On the Preparation of a Landing Operation against England" read, in part, as follows:

Since England, despite its militarily hopeless situation, still has not shown any signs of being prepared to negotiate, I have decided to prepare a landing operation against England and, if necessary, carry it out. The objective of this operation is to eliminate the English home country as a base for the continuation of the war against Germany...
2) Included in these preparations is the bringing about of those preconditions which make a landing in England possible;
a) The English air force must have been beaten down to such an extent morally and in fact that it can no longer muster any power of attack worth mentioning against the German crossing. (italics added)[31][nb 12][32]

All preparations were to be made by mid-August. For secrecy, this directive was only issued to Commanders in Chief, but Hermann Göring passed it on to his Luftwaffe Air Fleet commanders by coded radio messages, which were intercepted by Britain's Y-Service and successfully decrypted by Hut 6 at Bletchley Park.[33]

http://military.wikia.com/wiki/Cryptana ... the_Enigma
### Image
Enigma machine was used commercially from the early 1920s and was adopted by the militaries and governments of various countries—most famously, Nazi Germany.

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/ ... or_set.png
### Image
A series of three rotors from an Enigma machine scrambler. When loaded in the machine, these rotors connect with the entry plate on the right and the reflector drum on the left
PeteMitchell
Major-General - Tiger I
Major-General - Tiger I

Post by PeteMitchell »

I just saw the first vlog of Fantasy General II and the following came to my mind for PzC2:

Do you guys plan some sort of first person / ego view perspective where you can zoom into the battlefield (i.e. as with Google Street View)?

This could be really cool! :mrgreen:
Comprehensive Battlefield Europe AAR:
http://www.slitherine.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=145&t=86481
Patrick Ward
Slitherine
Slitherine

Post by Patrick Ward »

PeteMitchell_2 wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2019 4:38 pm I just saw the first vlog of Fantasy General II and the following came to my mind for PzC2:

Do you guys plan some sort of first person / ego view perspective where you can zoom into the battlefield (i.e. as with Google Street View)?

No. This would be really expensive :shock: .

Pat a Pixel Pusher

Retributarr

Post by Retributarr »

EFFECTS OF CLIMATE ON COMBAT
IN EUROPEAN RUSSIA

http://www.allworldwars.com/Effects-of- ... ussia.html

Chapter 2. Snow
The Russians used T34 tanks to pack down snow; the tracks used on German tanks during the first year of the war were too narrow for this purpose.

Section III. Armored Forces
The principal shortcoming of German tanks was the narrow width of their tracks. Tanks sank deep into the snow, and because of then-limited ground clearance, ultimately became stuck. Russian tanks, particularly the T34, KVl, and KV2, were able to drive through deep snow because of their good ground clearance and wide tracks, and therein lay their special effectiveness in winter warfare.

Frequently, Russian infantry followed close behind their tanks, using the trail made in the deep snow by the wide tank tracks.

After the first winter of the war, Germans started to use wide, removable tracks. These solved the problem of snow mobility, but tanks so equipped could not be moved on German railroad cars and were too wide to cross the standard German military bridge. Russian wide tank tracks were factory equipment; the broad gage of Russian railroads with their correspondingly wide flat cars eliminated the transportation problem.

Tanks in Snow, Desert and Jungle in WWII
https://www.tanks.net/tank-history/tank ... -wwii.html
The weather played a huge part of course, especially because the Russians were used to it, planned for it and built their tanks for it.

The purpose of this particular posting was to highlight the preparedness for winter and mud conditions that the Russians had as an advantage over the German forces.

What I didn't show here... but know also... is that German lubricants froze solid in the Russian winter, therefore making their tanks unusable...unless the panzer crew could build a fire under the engine of their tank to keep the engine lubricants from freezing up. Same goes for their Artillery, firing pins and other mechanisms shattered in the cold or would not operate. The Russians were already familiar with these issues and had found ways to deal with them.

Also... the wide Russian Tank Treads worked very well on wet...soft ground soil, where as the Narrow Gauge Tracks on the German Tanks would cause them to easily sink into the mud.

I don't know if any of this information would ever make any difference in the game, but I thought it worth mentioning anyway.

Finally, winter clothing... the German armed forces were ill equipped in this department as well. They lost more casualties/deaths to freezing than to actual combat in winter conditions.
Retributarr

Post by Retributarr »

On the 'Fly'..."AI":

I'd like to submit that the 'AI' could be used for more than just the Computer-Player.

Why-Not make this capability that the Computer-Player has... to also be available for the Human-Player...to be able to be utilized by the Human-Player...if and when the player desires it to take over...to...have it control "my units/the players units" for that turn or for the balance of the Scenario...if I elect for it to do so.
bth901
Lance Corporal - Panzer IA
Lance Corporal - Panzer IA

Post by bth901 »

PeteMitchell_2 wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2019 4:38 pm I just saw the first vlog of Fantasy General II and the following came to my mind for PzC2:

I also would love to get such a possibility. There was one in "battle isle 4 the andosia war" by pressing the TAB Key if I remeber correctly. The camera moved smoothly down behind the selected unit into the first person view. It was also possible to shoot and move in this view. I liked it a lot to do the attacks in this view. It gave me a very deep feeling of "being" there! Although a close "zoom in" where I can move the view area up when getting closer to see further would also be nice.

Anyway, the game play I have seen today in the Twitch channel looked great. I am looking forward to the game. Will it be available on GOG store as well on release day or only on steam and here in the store?
Tom
jeffoot77

Post by jeffoot77 »

the first person camera is a dream . it costs too many works and money for so little improvement ... Besides, most of players will desactivate after somes turns.

but the close zoom is cool , i think they will implement it.
my custom mini-campaign in order of battle :
http://www.slitherine.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=374&t=79333&p=676302#p676302

Panzer corps mods archive : http://jeffoot.freeboxos.fr:41226/share/KmCyju7JFZX6dD2B/
Retributarr

Post by Retributarr »

Again..."Operation Sealion (German: Unternehmen Seelöwe)".

The Focke-Wulf Fw 200 CONDOR...could it have made a difference in operation sea-lion?.

Condor aircraft join the Battle of the Atlantic_1940
http://ww2today.com/august-1940-condor- ... e-atlantic

The FW 200 Condor began patrols from Bordeaux-Merignac airfield in western France in August 1940. Flying in wide sweeps out over the Bay of Biscay and into the Atlantic west of Ireland it would continue round the north of Britain and land in Norway, a route that encompassed most of the possible convoy routes. It proved highly effective not only because of its bomb load, but also in its capacity as a reconnaissance aircraft capable of calling in U-Boat attacks.

"Often described as ‘the scourge of the Atlantic’, attributed to Winston Churchill, in fact he said:
To the U-boat scourge was now added air attack far out in the oceans by long range aircraft. Of these, the Focke Wulf 200, known as the Condor, was the most formidable".
Salivan
Lance Corporal - SdKfz 222
Lance Corporal - SdKfz 222

Post by Salivan »

What about a "Front Line", similar to Order of battle, just to have another factor to play about the suplies that arrives to the front units.
ptje63
Sergeant First Class - Elite Panzer IIIL
Sergeant First Class - Elite Panzer IIIL

Post by ptje63 »

Does PC2 have the option to withdraw a unit under siege under your own condition instead of the games' rules/parameters?
For instance, an attacked unit may stand ground but severally damaged when the AI decides for me, while I myself might have decided for an honourable retreat...
americanlt
Private First Class - Opel Blitz

Post by americanlt »

Add as many new weapons as possible.
Retributarr

Post by Retributarr »

Distinct Legible Readability for words and information indicators :
I have experienced difficulty in reading briefings and other instructions as well as being able to comfortably see numbers that indicate how much fuel is left for Aircraft or how many turns they have as of this point in time been aloft in the air.

Much of the time, this lettering is in "Pencil-Thin"...'Light-Grey'??? not Thicker Lettering...in 'Dark-Black', therefore...very difficult to see or read properly. As well...indicators for various stats are so puny that fly-droppings are larger!. Why so 'Small'?. Cannot the 'User' have 'Control' overt how small or large the lettering and numbering of items is?.
AceDuceTrey
Senior Corporal - Destroyer
Senior Corporal - Destroyer

Multi unit simultaneous movement

Post by AceDuceTrey »

I noticed in your latest update on PC2 that the player had the option to make simultaneous unit moves and/or attacks, rather than just single unit actions. It would be great if both the player AND the AI could be forced to ONLY use simultaneous actions each turn- as an option (AND as ACTUALLY happens in real war)! Implementing each unit's actions individually is an unrealistic form of cheating that all generals wish they could have because it allows individual units to perform "recon in force" with all remaining unmoved units available to react. The point being: once one unit has ended its actions in a turn, ALL units should also have ended their actions as well, and units that remained stationary/took no actions or only partial actions should be credited with defensive and spotting bonuses.
George_Parr
Sergeant - Panzer IIC
Sergeant - Panzer IIC

Post by George_Parr »

Not sure if this has already been mentioned somewhere, but it would be nice if the game had better mod-support, as in: mods can be put into a specific mod-folder and you can choose at the start which version of the game to load, instead of having to rely on GME or having to use multiple copies of the game.

In addition to that, it would also be nice if the save-files would be kept seperately as well.
Retributarr

Post by Retributarr »

George_Parr wrote: Sun Sep 22, 2019 10:58 am Not sure if this has already been mentioned somewhere, but it would be nice if the game had better mod-support, as in: mods can be put into a specific mod-folder and you can choose at the start which version of the game to load, instead of having to rely on GME or having to use multiple copies of the game.

In addition to that, it would also be nice if the save-files would be kept seperately as well.
I 'Heartily'...2nd that "Motion-Proposal" of yours 'George'!.

Yes!...I find that instructions for installing/activating 'JGME' or whatever?...are "too-confusing" and very poorly explained with many of the installation details omitted on of how to install the particular Activation-Module. Which translates into...that I am unable to make it work!.

if the game had better mod-support
Again!!!...I 'Whole-Heartily-Agree'!...it's called...make this whole process user-friendly as much as possible. It's called the "K.I.S.S.-Principle" ______"Keep.- It.-SIMPLE. Stupid!!!".

Having the 'Game-Modules' "ORGANIZED"...as you have suggested...I think...is a 'Fabulous Idea'...why not???.

AnyWay!...thank's for your posting!...I'm not aware of any previous suggestion such as yours being submitted.
dalfrede
Colonel - Fallschirmjäger
Colonel - Fallschirmjäger

Post by dalfrede »

Retributarr wrote: Sun Sep 22, 2019 5:24 pm AnyWay!...thank's for your posting!...I'm not aware of any previous suggestion such as yours being submitted.
I have made similar suggestions in the PzC forum a while ago.
Particularly, for Mods to work on the Ipad, the mods must be packaged in wrappers, as ebooks are.

There are indications that the Beta will be doing something, but it isn't clear what it is yet.

The Dev are aware of Mac and Ipad issues/complaints about mods and are hopefully dealing with it on PzC2.
There comes a time on every project when it is time to shoot the engineer and ship the damn thing.
Glaucon

Post by Glaucon »

I’m replaying pzc1 gc right now. I second the idea for some kind of limitation on the global supply of a unit. As in, I have say 500 total strength ticks for all pziv units in the ‘42 campaign. It can refill based on historical production. For players wanting the traditional purchasing system, just have an option (like the fog of war button) to reset supply limits to the max at the start of each scenario.

Self imposed limits work to a point, but tying unit availability to a global strength pool would be a nice addition to get a more historical feel.

Return to “Panzer Corps 2”