Release Date Release Date?

Field of Glory: Empires is a grand strategy game in which you will have to move in an intricate and living tapestry of nations and tribes, each one with their distinctive culture.
Set in Europe and in the Mediterranean Area during the Classical Age, experience what truly means to manage an Empire.

Moderator: Pocus

Yaitz331
Sergeant - 7.5 cm FK 16 nA
Sergeant - 7.5 cm FK 16 nA

Release Date Release Date?

Post by Yaitz331 »

So, I'm guessing it's going to be some time before the release date is announced.
To tide us over, can we at least have the release date of the release date?
:P
ringoblood
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38

Re: Release Date Release Date?

Post by ringoblood »

Same, it would be nice Ian. :D
juanval
Administrative Corporal - SdKfz 251/1
Administrative Corporal - SdKfz  251/1

Post by juanval »

Watching that all the core features are explained in dev diaries, we don't have to wait much longer. July perhaps?

My guess is that slitherine has already a release date set :wink:
ringoblood
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38

Post by ringoblood »

During the Stream Today May 6, 2019, Iain stated it will be last week of June. or end of June of 2019. :D
devoncop
Sr. Colonel - Battleship
Sr. Colonel - Battleship

Post by devoncop »

ringoblood wrote: Mon May 06, 2019 5:59 pm During the Stream Today May 6, 2019, Iain stated it will be last week of June. or end of June of 2019. :D
Yes !!l!l :D :D :D :D :D
zonks
Lance Corporal - Panzer IA

Post by zonks »

Can't watch anymore youtube playthroughs, need to play it, Loaded up Rome 2 to scratch that itch since Imperator failed (now 60% Negative reviews)
MizzouRah
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38

Post by MizzouRah »

I'll get it at some point but it's past my window of getting it over IR which I just purchased. Can't wait to read some reviews though and watch some LP's.
76mm
Lieutenant Colonel - Panther D

Post by 76mm »

Olek wrote: Tue May 07, 2019 1:56 am ...since Imperator failed (now 60% Negative reviews)
Don't see what all the fuss is about...I just bought it and think it is not bad. I'm not sure that it will hold my attention for years and years, but so far I've found it enjoyable.
devoncop
Sr. Colonel - Battleship
Sr. Colonel - Battleship

Post by devoncop »

76mm wrote: Tue May 14, 2019 10:37 am
Olek wrote: Tue May 07, 2019 1:56 am ...since Imperator failed (now 60% Negative reviews)
Don't see what all the fuss is about...I just bought it and think it is not bad. I'm not sure that it will hold my attention for years and years, but so far I've found it enjoyable.

Agree totally.

Big free patch due in June too with very big improvements being planned.
juanval
Administrative Corporal - SdKfz 251/1
Administrative Corporal - SdKfz  251/1

Post by juanval »

If at the end of June could be the release date, then the release date of the release date can be at the end of May :D
ringoblood
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38

Post by ringoblood »

juanval wrote: Tue May 14, 2019 2:24 pm If at the end of June could be the release date, then the release date of the release date can be at the end of May :D
Lol :P
zonks

Post by zonks »

76mm wrote: Tue May 14, 2019 10:37 am
The game has blatantly been served up as a vessel for another 60+ DLC, that is what the fuss is about, many of the positive reviews given, which stands at this time around 38%, are reviewing it on what it is going to be, not what it is now.

But what we have now is essentially a game released as "early access", you buy into the game and wait till features are added and bugs fixed, the difference with Imperator is that while you are waiting for completion you must keep paying.
76mm

Post by 76mm »

I won't post more in this thread about a different game, but two responses:
Olek wrote: Sat May 18, 2019 7:14 am The game has blatantly been served up as a vessel for another 60+ DLC, that is what the fuss is about...
Sure, just like all Paradox games...not sure how this one is any different? I don't think it is any more "bare bone" than CKII.
Olek wrote: Sat May 18, 2019 7:14 am ...many of the positive reviews given, which stands at this time around 38%, are reviewing it on what it is going to be, not what it is now.
I haven't reviewed it on Steam, but if I did, I would rate it positively for what it is now. I've got almost 200 hours into Imperator at this point and have enjoyed it quite a bit, although admittedly it is far from perfect. The complete lack of a manual alone costs one or even two stars.
Daniele
Slitherine
Slitherine

Post by Daniele »

We have a release date ;)

Return to “Field of Glory: Empires”