Can't Figure out the Economy

Warhammer 40,000: Gladius Relics of War brings you to a world of terror and violence. Four factions will engage in a brutal war for dominance over the planets resources.
ScottWashburn
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38

Can't Figure out the Economy

Post by ScottWashburn »

I love the game and usually I do pretty well with it, but I still can't really grasp the ins and outs of the economic aspects. In a recent game playing Imperial Guard, my economy was rolling along smoothly and then between one turn and the next everything just fell apart. I had comfortable plus growth rates in every category and then suddenly they were all hugely negative and that was the end. In a few turns I had no resources to build anything at all. Nothing else had happened that I could tell. I hadn't lost any resource points or anything, but suddenly I'm in the Great Depression!
ErissN6
1st Lieutenant - Grenadier

Re: Can't Figure out the Economy

Post by ErissN6 »

Same with SMarines, sometimes I brake my economy. We must figure it firstly, before combats. Economy is the 1st battle to be won, but it still somewhat a mystery for it is so easy to forget it and focus on other dangers.
Kabookie
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G

Post by Kabookie »

A few things affect your econ negatively: unit upkeep, tile upkeep, building upkeep, loyalty and population (above population limit).
ErissN6

Post by ErissN6 »

Kabookie wrote: Wed Jun 12, 2019 3:43 amaffect your econ negatively: loyalty
You mean lack of loyalty. Loyalty is good for economy.
ErissN6

Post by ErissN6 »

kaisiyatsy wrote: Thu Jun 27, 2019 11:06 pmI had comfortable plus growth rates in every category and then suddenly they were all hugely negative
So this seems an overflow bug. Maybe devs coded Loyalty on 8bits, and if you have more than 128 it becomes negative.
I_Am_King_Midas
Lance Corporal - SdKfz 222
Lance Corporal - SdKfz 222

Post by I_Am_King_Midas »

I doubt he had over 128 loyalty. We would need more details from the story or a save file to say whats really going on.

Return to “Warhammer 40,000: Gladius - Relics of War”