LFDLM - Joseon 1593-94
ahuyton - Tibetan Lords 1560-1589
Eobrian2 - Joeson 1595-1598

Anti-Ming

Snugglebunnies (captain) - Wokou
Pixel - Southern Rebels 1597 - 1598
GentlemanRanker - Southern Rebels 1571-1593
Fikabo - Tibetan Rivals 1500-1589

The Pro-Ming players should set up the games, please. Each player will have one game against each of the opponents, so four games in total. It would be helpful to post here that the games are set-up and indicate the password chosen.

Games can be set-up with the Mandate of Heaven module, make sure to select the 'filter off' mode.

Please make sure you select 'Open battle', large army, pot luck terrain.

The winner should report the result in this thread using the following (realistic example) format:

Snugglebunnies (Wokou) defeated ahuyton (Tibetan Lords 1560-1589), 60-20

I will assign points as follows:

Victory by breaking the opponent's army - 5 points
Victory but without breaking the enemy - 2 points
Losing but inflicting 50%+ casualties - 1 point
Draw ( ie equal losses or you both give up or game abandoned) - 1 point each

Have fun, attack rather than defend...
Pixel
Sergeant First Class - Panzer IIIL
Sergeant First Class - Panzer IIIL

Re: The Ming and their enemies - Round One

Post by Pixel »

Also a reminder for those on the Ming side setting up games: large forces, open battle with pot-luck terrain

As mentioned above filter off

Easier to reference with it all in one place :mrgreen:
Image Image
ahuyton
1st Lieutenant - 15 cm sFH 18

Post by ahuyton »

My challenges are all set up, pw alan

If I made any errors just let me know by pm and I will try again or you can set up for me.
KiwiWarlord
Lieutenant Colonel - Fw 190A

Post by KiwiWarlord »

Challenges to Snuggles, Pixel, GR & Fikabo posted.
Passwords have been sent by Private Message ( PM ) to each of you.
fikabo
Corporal - Strongpoint
Corporal - Strongpoint

Post by fikabo »

I have just start one game. Rest games start in second half of week.
I have to learn with people (not computer) how play using Tibetans so will have more chances with next games.
And because of KiwiWorld has no game started at the moment I will start with him.
ahuyton

Post by ahuyton »

fikabo wrote: Mon Jul 08, 2019 2:49 pm I have just start one game. Rest games start in second half of week.
I have to learn with people (not computer) how play using Tibetans so will have more chances with next games.
And because of KiwiWorld has no game started at the moment I will start with him.
Good luck with all your games, Fikabo. If you want advice in the games do not hesitate to ask. Kiwiwarlord in particular is an excellent player and a nice guy so you can learn from him for the future.
SnuggleBunnies
Major-General - Jagdtiger

Post by SnuggleBunnies »

SnuggleBunnies (Wokou) defeats Eobrian2 (Joseson) 43-9

The Wokou used smaller forces of 4-5 units on each flank to distract the Joseon cavalry, leaving the Joseon infantry badly outnumbered. Frontal attacks went surprisingly poorly, but once the flanks swept in on both ends, the Joseon center crumbled, just as the Wokou's delaying forces were starting to suffer in the face of cavalry assaults.

GG.
SnuggleBunny's Field of Glory II / Medieval / Pike and Shot / Sengoku Jidai MP Channel:

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCjUQy6dEqR53NwoGgjxixLg
LFDLM
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G

Post by LFDLM »

My Joseon defeats the GentlemanRanker's Southern Rebels 40-4.

I went straight ahead. I shouted insults and prayers very loudly. Buddha heard me.
ahuyton

Post by ahuyton »

ahuyton (Tibetan Lords) won against Gentleman Ranker's Southern Rebels 50-14

A pleasant open terrain for my cavalry, a handy wood or two for my skirmishers and plenty of good luck going my way. A pleasant game, irrespective of the result, as is always the case with Nick.
KiwiWarlord

Post by KiwiWarlord »

LFDLM wrote: Fri Jul 26, 2019 7:50 pm My Joseon defeats the GentlemanRanker's Southern Rebels 40-4.

I went straight ahead. I shouted insults and prayers very loudly. Buddha heard me.
Wow what a good start,well done that man.
if only Buddha would smile on my boys.....
ahuyton

Post by ahuyton »

Snugglebunnies (Wokou pirates) won against ahuyton (Tibetan Lords) 45-28

A river across the middle of the field and plenty of woods made manouevre difficult for both of us. SB took the risk of crssing the river, to his credit, and then we swirled around shooting and trying to find advantage. Interesting game.
Last edited by ahuyton on Thu Aug 01, 2019 10:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
fikabo
Corporal - Strongpoint
Corporal - Strongpoint

Post by fikabo »

fikabo (Tibetans rivals) defeats LFDLM (Joseon) 65:43.
Joseons make very powerful attack in centre and nearly destroy my troops but I have some forces on right wing which win wing and start encircles.
PS: Buddha had a dilemma to whom to help. I think he help a little me (In duels was 2:1 for me but my lost duel was devastating).
SnuggleBunnies

Post by SnuggleBunnies »

SnuggleBunnies (Wokou) draws with ahuyton (Tibetan)

Snug: 28% routed
ahuy: 45% routed

A long battle of maneuver. The Wokou could not stand in the open against Tibetan cavalry, and they were woefully outshot by Tibetan skirmishers. However, Tibetan foot could not stand against the Wokou, and the Lancers couldn't push into rough ground. Night fell with neither army breaking the other.
SnuggleBunny's Field of Glory II / Medieval / Pike and Shot / Sengoku Jidai MP Channel:

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCjUQy6dEqR53NwoGgjxixLg
fikabo
Corporal - Strongpoint
Corporal - Strongpoint

Post by fikabo »

fikabo (Tibetans rivals) defeats KiwiWorld (Ming troops) 60:43
It was roller coster game in which both side could win. It is hard to describe (especially with my not very good English) but I will try.
First Tibetans make surprising attack in centre with some direction to left wing. Everything goes better than planned (luck and many archers shooting help in this) until attack stopped on forest and left wing of Ming made his attack which destroy half of my right wing.
Next when situation of my right wing was even worst I decide that only way to win is to risky move of lancers on back of centre of Ming (there was many forest and I was not sure of flank attack from here - hopefully my lights units made some distractions). Lancers where successful and win battle before my troops in middle have been circled.
KiwiWarlord

Post by KiwiWarlord »

fikabo wrote: Sat Aug 03, 2019 1:35 pm fikabo (Tibetans rivals) defeats KiwiWorld (Ming troops) 60:43
It was roller coster game in which both side could win.
It was indeed.
New to the world of SJ fikabo may be but he knows how to handle the Tibetans.
Well done, you played extremely well.
GentlemanRanker
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G

Post by GentlemanRanker »

GentlemanRanker (Southern Rebels) defeated eobrian2 (Joeson) 7 - 42.

The Joeson initiated a powerful cavalry envelopment to their right, this was unexpectedly slowed up by a weak Rebel forlorn hope situated in a large marsh on the flank. The Rebels scrambled to reinforce their left flank, and were able to redeploy sufficient firepower to defeat the cavalry attack. The formidable Joeson infantry started the game picnicking in a wood in their deployment area, and were eventually deployed a couple of turns too late to overwhelm the weakened Rebel centre.

MVP - a fragmented unit of Rebel Chongbing in the marsh, which survived numerous rounds of melee, pinning two Joeson cavalry units until they could be flanked and routed.
KiwiWarlord

Post by KiwiWarlord »

The modified rules for Round 2 sort of slipped past me until recently. ( too much Ming on the brain :shock: )

As the Teams are not swapping around ( ie the Ming play the Anti Ming in Round 2 ) I put forward to the Players that the Teams stay as they are in Round 2, ie the Ming Team play the pro Ming armies in Round 2 and the Anti Ming play the anti Ming armies.

The main reason for swapping the teams around in the first place was to give all players a taste of both sides and making for a balanced Event.
I doubt that there is time for a reverse of both rounds so I put it to the Players that the Teams stay as they are for Round 2 and there be no reverse Rounds.

The aim of the Event is to Conquer the Ming.

How say you all ?
GentlemanRanker
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G

Post by GentlemanRanker »

Brian, my expectation was that the teams would stay the same, but the factions would change, i.e. I would choose a pro-Ming army for Round 2, and you would select from the anti-Ming armies.

However, I have no deep feelings about the matter either way, and am happy to go with the consensus. Despite the various thorough drubbings dished out, I greatly appreciate the opportunity that this friendly tournament offers to play SJ against real opponents. Thank you all.
KiwiWarlord

Post by KiwiWarlord »

GentlemanRanker wrote: Thu Aug 08, 2019 8:37 am Brian, my expectation was that the teams would stay the same, but the factions would change, i.e. I would choose a pro-Ming army for Round 2, and you would select from the anti-Ming armies.
That is correct, the composition of the Teams stays the same GR. The proposal is that the Ming Team continue as Ming & play the post 1600 Ming armies in Round 2 thus stay Ming. Ming Ming ??
ahuyton

Post by ahuyton »

KiwiWarlord wrote: Thu Aug 08, 2019 10:43 am
GentlemanRanker wrote: Thu Aug 08, 2019 8:37 am Brian, my expectation was that the teams would stay the same, but the factions would change, i.e. I would choose a pro-Ming army for Round 2, and you would select from the anti-Ming armies.
That is correct, the composition of the Teams stays the same GR. The proposal is that the Ming Team continue as Ming & play the post 1600 Ming armies in Round 2 thus stay Ming. Ming Ming ??
Well that makes a lot of sense.

If SB agrees then let us do that. Jack?

Return to “Sengoku Jidai: Tournaments & Leagues”