‘41-‘43 soviet dlc wishlist

Order of Battle is a series of operational WW2 games starting with the Pacific War and then on to Europe!

Moderators: Order of Battle Moderators, The Artistocrats

GUNDOBALDO08
Sergeant Major - Armoured Train

‘41-‘43 soviet dlc wishlist

Post by GUNDOBALDO08 »

Hi guys,
before it will be too later in relation to scheduled work, I would suggest our wishlist to devs about next soviet dlc.
Here my must important wish issue:
- new 3d in game model and GUI icon of soviet infantry;
- focus on axis non german forces;
- new soviet units: 76mm at gun, t34 flame (OT34), kv1s, t34-57, t70, snipers...
- new german units: pzII F, pzII Lucks, marder IIIM, stug IV and snipers

Any more?
kondi754
General - Elite King Tiger

Re: ‘41-‘43 soviet dlc wishlist

Post by kondi754 »

Soviet assault engineers units - appeared first time at Smolensk area, August 1943
This troops wore steel body armor (breastplates like medieval knights :) ) and they did an amazing work attacking fortifications or during the breaking of the German defense on the main points of Red Army attack (only later mechanized corps entered the battle, in order to use the so-called operational success and broaden the breakthrough area)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GdJtVAmcCBs#normal

Soviet_Assault_Engineers.jpg
Soviet_Assault_Engineers.jpg (255.56 KiB) Viewed 3163 times
Erik2
Order of Battle Moderator
Order of Battle Moderator

Post by Erik2 »

Soviet SMG units. These submachine gun units are pretty iconic.
More lend-lease units like Hurricane, US M3 halftrack.
kondi754

Post by kondi754 »

yes, lend-lease units, I forgot about it - soviet P39 Airacobra is number 1 :!: , all halftracks (British univ. carrier too) would be welcome, Studebaker truck should replace from 1943 or 44 Soviet GAZ truck as default transport for infantry and light artillery (katyushas too)
GAZ could remains as a platform for AA batteries only
terminator
Field Marshal - Elefant
Field Marshal - Elefant

Post by terminator »

kondi754 wrote: Wed Aug 14, 2019 9:01 pm Soviet assault engineers units - appeared first time at Smolensk area, August 1943
This troops wore steel body armor (breastplates like medieval knights :) ) and they did an amazing work attacking fortifications or during the breaking of the German defense on the main points of Red Army attack (only later mechanized corps entered the battle, in order to use the so-called operational success and broaden the breakthrough area)
Steel body armor could be a Specialization for the Soviet Engineers units ?

soviet_soldier_body_armor_194.jpg
soviet_soldier_body_armor_194.jpg (386.26 KiB) Viewed 3109 times
Last edited by terminator on Thu Aug 15, 2019 9:03 am, edited 2 times in total.
kondi754

Post by kondi754 »

terminator wrote: Thu Aug 15, 2019 8:52 am
kondi754 wrote: Wed Aug 14, 2019 9:01 pm Soviet assault engineers units - appeared first time at Smolensk area, August 1943
Steel body armor could be a Specialization for the Soviet Engineers units ?
Maybe, but these were completely new assault units, rather like US Rangers or German Pioniers, I wouldn't call them sappers or engineers with armor
GUNDOBALDO08

Post by GUNDOBALDO08 »

Could be usefull somethink like citizen/people militia or similar (as japanese one) for stalingrad scenario.
kondi754

Post by kondi754 »

I suppose that soviet partisan unit would be much more expected and used in the game
Perhaps some form of workers' militia composed of Stalingrad's factories employees, but it doesn't seem necessary to me, they are enough as auxilliary (pre-deployed) units

I think that it will also be possible to use civilian units in subsequent parts of the game, but much later and in slightly different circumstances...
GUNDOBALDO08

Post by GUNDOBALDO08 »

kondi754 wrote: Thu Aug 15, 2019 3:14 pm I suppose that soviet partisan unit would be much more expected and used in the game
Perhaps some form of workers' militia composed of Stalingrad's factories employees, but it doesn't seem necessary to me, they are enough as auxilliary (pre-deployed) units

I think that it will also be possible to use civilian units in subsequent parts of the game, but much later and in slightly different circumstances...
Obviously the best use of citizen militia will be in battle for Berlin in ‘45, I guess the last scenario of Soviet trilogy...
TripleCP
Senior Corporal - Destroyer
Senior Corporal - Destroyer

Post by TripleCP »

GUNDOBALDO08 wrote: Thu Aug 15, 2019 4:21 pm Obviously the best use of citizen militia will be in battle for Berlin in ‘45, I guess the last scenario of Soviet trilogy...
I though there already was Volksgrenadier and/or Volksturm units in EndSieg, but I don't remember offhand. In the Soviet case it would be Narodnoe Opolcheniye (People's Militia). The best known of these formations were formed for the defense of Moscow and Leningrad (over a dozen divisions in each). A handful of these performed well enough and acquired enough combat experience that they became regular rifle divisions.
https://www.facebook.com/RussianFront75/
terminator
Field Marshal - Elefant
Field Marshal - Elefant

Post by terminator »

GUNDOBALDO08 wrote: Thu Aug 15, 2019 4:21 pm Obviously the best use of citizen militia will be in battle for Berlin in ‘45, I guess the last scenario of Soviet trilogy...
The battle of Berlin (16 April – 2 May 1945) was not the last Soviet battle in WW2 :
- The Prague Offensive (6–11 May 1945), the last major military operation of World War II in Europe
- Soviet invasion of Manchuria (9–20 August 1945)
WarHomer
Sergeant First Class - Panzer IIIL
Sergeant First Class - Panzer IIIL

Post by WarHomer »

GUNDOBALDO08 wrote: Thu Aug 15, 2019 4:21 pm
kondi754 wrote: Thu Aug 15, 2019 3:14 pm I suppose that soviet partisan unit would be much more expected and used in the game

Obviously the best use of citizen militia will be in battle for Berlin in ‘45, I guess the last scenario of Soviet trilogy...
I really hope Berlin won´t be the last. There´s the japs to finish off and I think we´ve all wondered what would have happened if things had come more to a head with the western allies. The Berlin finish has been done to death.
GUNDOBALDO08

Post by GUNDOBALDO08 »

WarHomer wrote: Fri Aug 16, 2019 10:44 am
GUNDOBALDO08 wrote: Thu Aug 15, 2019 4:21 pm

I really hope Berlin won´t be the last. There´s the japs to finish off and I think we´ve all wondered what would have happened if things had come more to a head with the western allies. The Berlin finish has been done to death.
Not important if Berlin will be the last scenario, very important is that it must be “epic”!!! Im disappointed we can’t play the battle of B. in endsieg from German side, so I hope we can enjoy an extraordinary experience playing from Soviet side!
bebro
Slitherine
Slitherine

Post by bebro »

Battle of Berlin will certainly be in the Soviet cam.
GUNDOBALDO08

Post by GUNDOBALDO08 »

bebro wrote: Fri Aug 16, 2019 1:49 pm Battle of Berlin will certainly be in the Soviet cam.
Wow, thanks Bebro! 😀
LandMarine47
Major-General - Tiger I
Major-General - Tiger I

Post by LandMarine47 »

Will there be any scenarios or gameplay elements revolving around order No. 227 and soviet changes in their command structure? It would be interesting to see how this could be implemented in game, either mid scenario or as a specialization.
GUNDOBALDO08

Post by GUNDOBALDO08 »

In order of Soviet Planes my wish for next dlcs is:
Yak 3: the best Soviet fighter of ww2 introducted in 1944, illogically after yak 7 and 9;
P39 and A20 havoc: maybe after acquisition of planes lend lease specification;
Yer 2 and Pe-8: the second was the last 4engine Soviet bomber in ww2
PoorOldSpike
Colonel - Ju 88A
Colonel - Ju 88A

Post by PoorOldSpike »

WarHomer wrote: Fri Aug 16, 2019 10:44 amI really hope Berlin won´t be the last...and I think we´ve all wondered what would have happened if things had come more to a head with the western allies. The Berlin finish has been done to death.
Gen George Patton was all for attacking the russkis, he said after VE day-
"I would have you tell the Red Army where their border is, and give them a limited time to get back across. Warn them that if they fail to do so, we will push them back across it."
After all, the West had atom bombs, but the Russians didn't have their own til 4 years later, so by not kicking the russkis out of Europe, the west let their chance slip by, and half of Europe remained under the Russian heel for the next 50 years.
GUNDOBALDO08

Post by GUNDOBALDO08 »

PoorOldSpike wrote: Sun Aug 18, 2019 5:37 am
WarHomer wrote: Fri Aug 16, 2019 10:44 amI really hope Berlin won´t be the last...and I think we´ve all wondered what would have happened if things had come more to a head with the western allies. The Berlin finish has been done to death.
"I would have you tell the Red Army where their border is, and give them a limited time to get back across. Warn them that if they fail to do so, we will push them back across it."
After all, the West had atom bombs, but the Russians didn't have their own til 4 years later, so by not kicking the russkis out of Europe, the west let their chance slip by, and half of Europe remained under the Russian heel for the next 50 years.
There was Japs more to win and public opinioni in west Allied country was very tired of war. Million more of deads for Soviet-Allied war could be the way for people revolution in west country so Soviets will gain this “what if” war...
kondi754

Post by kondi754 »

PoorOldSpike wrote: Sun Aug 18, 2019 5:37 am

https://nypost.com/2010/12/19/was-patton-killed/

I don't know if it's true but... :wink:
During the war, there were several mysterious deaths in strange circumstances, eg. plane crash in Gibraltar, in July 1943, where General Sikorski, Prime Minister of the Polish government in exile, died or assasination of Admiral Francois Darlan in Alger, December 1942
Their circumstances and the time of occurrence of these events are puzzling... Each time it was exceptionally suited for powerful people who ruled the world or wanted to rule in the future
Last edited by kondi754 on Sun Aug 18, 2019 11:18 am, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Order of Battle Series”