New Mega Merge Mod (Campaign / factions / Scenarios etc..)

Moderators: Slitherine Core, BA Moderators, WH40K Armageddon moderators

Post Reply
sakura0022
Lance Corporal - Panzer IA
Lance Corporal - Panzer IA
Posts: 13
Joined: Sun Mar 17, 2019 1:15 pm
Location: Japan

New Mega Merge Mod (Campaign / factions / Scenarios etc..)

Post by sakura0022 » Fri Aug 16, 2019 4:40 pm

Hi everybody!

Over the last few months I have developed a large scale mod for Armageddon. As I started to play around with Armageddon I realised how incredibly moddable the game is so I decided to try something!
The outcome is below!

Thank you first to the developers of the game for making it possible to mod the game so easily and thank you too to the makers of the community edition and Deranzo for developing it further! I used the community edition
as a base for the mod as it overall made the game more interesting and strategic.

Anyway, let's get to it! I will start off with units!

Units

I merged all of the major unit mods together. Took a while!

Great mod By Deranzo https://www.slitherine.com/forum/viewto ... 26&t=76966 - I didn't take all of the units as I was worried about overkill but I merged a good portion. I added some missing pictures, stats and animations.
Another super mod By Japhet https://www.slitherine.com/forum/viewto ... 26&t=86445 - Next I took units from this mod that I felt were missing from the game, not everything, as there are just an incredible amount of units really.
Great mods by Pizzagrenadier https://www.slitherine.com/forum/viewto ... 26&t=62868 https://www.slitherine.com/forum/viewto ... 26&t=55680 https://www.slitherine.com/forum/viewto ... 26&t=90649 - Bit trickier but I made these mods compatible with the community edition, adding traits etc... I also used the last link to give me ideas to add units of my own to fill out the Tau faction.
Another great mod by Emistro https://www.slitherine.com/forum/viewto ... 26&t=77190 - Made the units compatible with the community edition, changed size of units, added some depth too.

In addition I created a lot of new units, especially for Chaos, Eldar, Dark Eldar and the Adeptus Sororitas. Also, I created another whole new faction, Necron! Just a taste below, there are a lot more! New units for all factions! Recovered some lost units too!
necrontaste.png
necrontaste.png (903.69 KiB) Viewed 2151 times
Factions

I went through and reworked the factions in the game to allow for space for the other new factions with their own logos.
0 - Still Imperial Guard
1 - Still Orks
2 - Now Adeptus Astartes (Went through campaigns and changed flags etc....)
3 - Now Chaos
4 - Now Adeptus Sororitas
5 - Xenos1
6 - Xenos2

The Xenos factions are Necron, Tau, Dark Eldar and Eldar and Tyranids. The editor just crashes when you try and add many more individual factions so by combining these factions with a combined logo I thought it was the best and most immersive way to go about things. I made all new flags, logos etc.. for all. Xenos2 has the 40K Xenos codex logo to differentiate from the other Xenos faction incase they play eachother in a scenario.

Stats

This is where I overhauled a bit. I wanted games to last a bit longer so I reduced the shot count universally but also tried to keep with lore, powerful weapons stay powerful etc...
Also, I created a new movement type called "jump". This movement type allows units such as assault squads and crisis suits to be more mobile. In general the movement is somewhat between hover and air.
In addition, I had to spend alot of time on the three main files attack, unitpes and weapon to make sure everything was in some way level. Also, I changed the costs for each unit so there was more of a difference between
tanks, infantry, titans etc....

Sound

Music makes a game for me so this was maybe my favourite part of the modding! I scoured the various sources I own of the 40K universe.
1. I gave a lot of weapon sounds more impact, like the bolter and lasgun sounds.
2. New weapon sounds for the Necrons and all other factions.
3. New Move sounds for a lot of units to add more atmosphere to the game.
4. I also added some voice to some move sounds to give the game a bit more life. These voice move sounds only play 50 percent of the time so it doesn't overload your ears.
5. Music, a lot of music, mainly environmental music. I found the game rotated on three in game tracks for the music mainly but I wanted more control so I silenced the tracks and referred my scenarios to
environmental tracks I spliced together. These tracks have varying degrees of battle atmosphere to them with added themed music for each scenario.
6. A lot more sounds!
Turn up environmental music when playing scenarios and effects too to hear all the goodness!

Scenarios

Firstly, I created a lot of new buildings for the editor, new tiles, you will see some in the scenarios. Also, the scenarios are embedded in the game itself, they have their own section in the scenarios menua. This allowed me to pick scenario images etc...
A few of the scenarios are reworked game scenarios that I liked.
The scenarios....

1. The Seige of Somonor - Player Necron vs Eldar
2. The Assault of Vraks - Player Chaos vs Imperium
3. The Retaking of Acheron - Player Adeptus Astartes vs Orks.
4. The Defence of Sha'draig - Player Imperium vs Tyranids
5. The Assault of Sha'draig - Player Tyranids vs Imperium
6. The Harvest of Ka'Mais - Player Tau vs Tyranids
7. Battle on Ka'Mais Moon - Player Necron vs Tau
8. The fall of Greyshroud - Player Drukhari vs Imperium
9. Incursion in the Yuctan System - Player Necron vs Imperium
10. The Defence of Hope - Player Adeptus Sororitas vs Chaos
11. The Search of the Lost Tomb - Player Adeptus Mechanicus vs Necron
12. Xenos Test Scenario vs Imperium
13. Imperial Test Scenario vs Chaos

I tried to cover most of the factions so I could test balance, stats, sound etc....
It is also the first time I created scenarios so please let me know if everything works as it should.

Any feedback at all is welcome!

Campaigns

1. Death Korps of Krieg.

Future

Balancing as much as possible, tweaking!

Install

Follow the link to download the zip file containing my community edition at https://drive.google.com/open?id=1lib5s ... Nnoc-c7IEW Don't forget to turn up environmental music and effects to hear all the goodness!
1. If you have the community edition already backup up your copy and place mine in its place to try it out.
2. If you don't have the community edition just unpack the zip and place the folder at the head of your drive for ex. C:\Warhammer 40000 Armageddon not like C:\Warhammer 40000 Armageddon\Warhammer 40000 Armageddon.
Also, run ArmageddonGame.exe as an administrator.

Update 1 - Added extra units to the campaign as it was a bit too challenging.
Put the contents of the following zip file in your "data" and "Graphics" folders.
https://drive.google.com/open?id=14FMtl ... dH81wzoaCC

And you should be good to go!

Have fun playing! Be nice, first mod!
Last edited by sakura0022 on Mon Oct 21, 2019 10:48 am, edited 9 times in total.

sakura0022
Lance Corporal - Panzer IA
Lance Corporal - Panzer IA
Posts: 13
Joined: Sun Mar 17, 2019 1:15 pm
Location: Japan

Re: New Mega Merge Mod (Plus New units / factions / Scenarios etc..)

Post by sakura0022 » Mon Aug 19, 2019 3:27 pm

Anybody had a go yet? Looking for any feedback!

Thank you!

Parallax
Twitch Fidelity Award 2017
Twitch Fidelity Award 2017
Posts: 154
Joined: Thu Jun 04, 2015 12:22 am

Re: New Mega Merge Mod (Plus New units / factions / Scenarios etc..)

Post by Parallax » Tue Aug 20, 2019 1:48 pm

sakura0022 wrote:
Mon Aug 19, 2019 3:27 pm
Anybody had a go yet? Looking for any feedback!
Thank you!
Very big work, but i think there is lack of balance in the new scenarios.
There is not enough requisition to test all your units. Maybe you should create large map with lot of points to spend and to give players to just carnage AI with all possible ways. Something like final scenario of vanilla campaign or similar "revers-scenario" from "Untold Battles" :)

sakura0022
Lance Corporal - Panzer IA
Lance Corporal - Panzer IA
Posts: 13
Joined: Sun Mar 17, 2019 1:15 pm
Location: Japan

Re: New Mega Merge Mod (Plus New units / factions / Scenarios etc..)

Post by sakura0022 » Wed Aug 21, 2019 1:14 pm

Parallax wrote:
Tue Aug 20, 2019 1:48 pm
sakura0022 wrote:
Mon Aug 19, 2019 3:27 pm
Anybody had a go yet? Looking for any feedback!
Thank you!
Very big work, but i think there is lack of balance in the new scenarios.
There is not enough requisition to test all your units. Maybe you should create large map with lot of points to spend and to give players to just carnage AI with all possible ways. Something like final scenario of vanilla campaign or similar "revers-scenario" from "Untold Battles" :)
Thanks for the feedback! Yes, balance is an issue with some of the new scenarios. There are simply just too many units to test! That is why I posted here to try and get some help!

I took your advice and quickly made up a new scenario where you can test the new units against the Imperium. Just download the update to try it!

Thank you!

stroganoff
Private First Class - Opel Blitz
Private First Class - Opel Blitz
Posts: 3
Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2015 11:33 am

Re: New Mega Merge Mod (Plus New units / factions / Scenarios etc..)

Post by stroganoff » Thu Aug 29, 2019 3:24 pm

Hallo sakura0022 :)
Thank you very much for your effort! You really did a great job here! I love this game and you've improved this already great game many times over with your mod!
I'm sure that with time the balance can be improved with the help of the community. I'm still surprised how such a great mod was created without warning! Thanks again! :)
If you have time and desire at some point, maybe you would also add the Cadians for the Imperial Guard? I mean, that the Cadians already have sprites in the game? That would be really fantastic!
Either way, a big compliment from me for this great work! Keep it up!

sakura0022
Lance Corporal - Panzer IA
Lance Corporal - Panzer IA
Posts: 13
Joined: Sun Mar 17, 2019 1:15 pm
Location: Japan

Re: New Mega Merge Mod (Plus New units / factions / Scenarios etc..)

Post by sakura0022 » Fri Aug 30, 2019 2:28 pm

stroganoff wrote:
Thu Aug 29, 2019 3:24 pm
Hallo sakura0022 :)
Thank you very much for your effort! You really did a great job here! I love this game and you've improved this already great game many times over with your mod!
I'm sure that with time the balance can be improved with the help of the community. I'm still surprised how such a great mod was created without warning! Thanks again! :)
If you have time and desire at some point, maybe you would also add the Cadians for the Imperial Guard? I mean, that the Cadians already have sprites in the game? That would be really fantastic!
Either way, a big compliment from me for this great work! Keep it up!
Hello!
No problem at all, I enjoy modding the game! I am glad you enjoyed the mod too!
Yes, the balance is just something I need people to test really, it will come over time but probably never really fully balanced as the 40K universe is not balanced anyway.
Yes, I am looking at adding more Imperial Guard factions. I have some Death Krieg in the early stages and I would like to add Cadian too. I am also adding more Chaos units too for a bit more variety.
I will try and get something out near the end of next week!
Thanks again for your feedback!

deranzo
Warhammer Designer
Warhammer Designer
Posts: 170
Joined: Wed Mar 22, 2017 12:53 pm

Re: New Mega Merge Mod (Plus New units / factions / Scenarios etc..)

Post by deranzo » Thu Sep 12, 2019 5:14 pm

Nice!
Balancing is the most important stuff in our mods. Everybody should consider it may be unbalanced before playing. But feedback makes mods to work better. So, don't hold yourself to make a review.
it is a good day to die

sakura0022
Lance Corporal - Panzer IA
Lance Corporal - Panzer IA
Posts: 13
Joined: Sun Mar 17, 2019 1:15 pm
Location: Japan

Re: New Mega Merge Mod (Plus New units / factions / Scenarios etc..)

Post by sakura0022 » Sun Sep 15, 2019 6:05 am

Finally got some time to finish off an update. I added a lot to the Chaos roster, Cadian and Death Korps of Krieg.
I also added a scenario to test the Imperium and Astartes units with plenty of points to spend, under attack from the forces of Chaos.

I edited a lot overall so better just to download the base file again.

Let me know if any issues!

And thank you Deranzo for the words. I will keep editing, would like to do a campaign sometime.

stroganoff
Private First Class - Opel Blitz
Private First Class - Opel Blitz
Posts: 3
Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2015 11:33 am

Re: New Mega Merge Mod (Plus New units / factions / Scenarios etc..)

Post by stroganoff » Wed Sep 18, 2019 2:48 pm

Your mod is a great addition to the game. Thanks a lot for this! :)

sakura0022
Lance Corporal - Panzer IA
Lance Corporal - Panzer IA
Posts: 13
Joined: Sun Mar 17, 2019 1:15 pm
Location: Japan

Re: New Mega Merge Mod (Plus New units / factions / Scenarios etc..)

Post by sakura0022 » Sun Sep 22, 2019 2:34 pm

stroganoff wrote:
Wed Sep 18, 2019 2:48 pm
Your mod is a great addition to the game. Thanks a lot for this! :)
Thank you! Just finishing off a mini campaign to see how it goes! Will hopefully upload in a day or two.

sakura0022
Lance Corporal - Panzer IA
Lance Corporal - Panzer IA
Posts: 13
Joined: Sun Mar 17, 2019 1:15 pm
Location: Japan

Re: New Mega Merge Mod (Plus New units / factions / Scenarios etc..)

Post by sakura0022 » Sun Oct 06, 2019 3:06 pm

Finally got the campaign done. Not fully tested so let me know if any issues. Thank you!

sakura0022
Lance Corporal - Panzer IA
Lance Corporal - Panzer IA
Posts: 13
Joined: Sun Mar 17, 2019 1:15 pm
Location: Japan

Re: New Mega Merge Mod (Campaign / factions / Scenarios etc..)

Post by sakura0022 » Sat Oct 12, 2019 4:48 pm

Added a small update as the campaign was a bit too difficult.

tunike
Private First Class - Opel Blitz
Private First Class - Opel Blitz
Posts: 2
Joined: Sun Oct 20, 2019 2:34 pm

Re: New Mega Merge Mod (Campaign / factions / Scenarios etc..)

Post by tunike » Sun Oct 20, 2019 2:57 pm

First thx for mod

I was trying your campaign played on Hard difficulty 1 mission no issues some more balance maybe not sure, 2 mission hard one must say i did it tho but balance is well bad hydras dont do dmg to aircrafts for example and they are only so call AA unit i thing its not working trait at all.I did that mission only with shadowswords tanks and death krieg enginers inf all other units are terrible if i compare it to this one prices for basic leman russ tanks are crazy 500 - 800 and you can have storm lord for 1090 artylery super weak and costly and i killed chaos fighters with only engines squads like literally nothing else can do crap to them titans cost fortune and are weak and rly easy to die like shadowswords tanks can one shot titan :D also strongest unit of the chaos is probably predator tanks that thing is so strong i need focus fire it with all my units and its still alive and killing all.Again engineers suicide attacks only cure + shadowswords fire from 4 range . And i am stuck at third mission now like you say use tech priest Raza but i dont have any at start cant buy any units either even if i sell all my units from previous mission still can buy single unit like my limit is 0, and even if i can buy units i dont see any raza hero unit in store. Captured all victory points but nothing is happening cant find that second tech pries which i suppose to save checked whole map he is nowhere to found. and that where i ended with testing cant move forward sadly ....

End of report .... Emperor protect :D

sakura0022
Lance Corporal - Panzer IA
Lance Corporal - Panzer IA
Posts: 13
Joined: Sun Mar 17, 2019 1:15 pm
Location: Japan

Re: New Mega Merge Mod (Campaign / factions / Scenarios etc..)

Post by sakura0022 » Mon Oct 21, 2019 10:51 am

tunike wrote:
Sun Oct 20, 2019 2:57 pm
First thx for mod

I was trying your campaign played on Hard difficulty 1 mission no issues some more balance maybe not sure, 2 mission hard one must say i did it tho but balance is well bad hydras dont do dmg to aircrafts for example and they are only so call AA unit i thing its not working trait at all.I did that mission only with shadowswords tanks and death krieg enginers inf all other units are terrible if i compare it to this one prices for basic leman russ tanks are crazy 500 - 800 and you can have storm lord for 1090 artylery super weak and costly and i killed chaos fighters with only engines squads like literally nothing else can do crap to them titans cost fortune and are weak and rly easy to die like shadowswords tanks can one shot titan :D also strongest unit of the chaos is probably predator tanks that thing is so strong i need focus fire it with all my units and its still alive and killing all.Again engineers suicide attacks only cure + shadowswords fire from 4 range . And i am stuck at third mission now like you say use tech priest Raza but i dont have any at start cant buy any units either even if i sell all my units from previous mission still can buy single unit like my limit is 0, and even if i can buy units i dont see any raza hero unit in store. Captured all victory points but nothing is happening cant find that second tech pries which i suppose to save checked whole map he is nowhere to found. and that where i ended with testing cant move forward sadly ....

End of report .... Emperor protect :D
Thanks for the feedback!
Will look more at balancing but added a quick update to scenario 3 as the unit limit was too low so no units were available for use. Also, increased the strength of titans as they were not buffed like the other units. Just download update 1 again for use. Thanks again!

tunike
Private First Class - Opel Blitz
Private First Class - Opel Blitz
Posts: 2
Joined: Sun Oct 20, 2019 2:34 pm

Re: New Mega Merge Mod (Campaign / factions / Scenarios etc..)

Post by tunike » Tue Oct 22, 2019 3:30 pm

Well i gave it a try still without change i can buy 1 unit when i sell all my units from previous mission

Post Reply

Return to “Mods and Scenario Design”