Field of Diplomacy - Calling Players for an MP game

Field of Glory: Empires is a grand strategy game in which you will have to move in an intricate and living tapestry of nations and tribes, each one with their distinctive culture.
Set in Europe and in the Mediterranean Area during the Classical Age, experience what truly means to manage an Empire.

Moderator: Pocus

13obo
Captain - Heavy Cruiser
Captain - Heavy Cruiser

Re: Field of Diplomacy - Calling Players for an MP game

Post by 13obo »

I think this discussion, as fun as it was, has ran its course... There were two reasons for the dispute:
- The "diplomacy" in this game is only a stepping stone or an opportunity to gain an upper hand with the final goal to win by yourself, as there's no allied victories (yet).
- Greece is a great place to expand and there were (and still are) bound to be disputes about it.

Lessons were learned and people took note of what happened, so keep that in mind going forward!

Thumbs up on the roleplay though.
ledo
Administrative Corporal - SdKfz 232 8Rad

Post by ledo »

13obo wrote: Thu Aug 08, 2019 10:24 am I think this discussion, as fun as it was, has ran its course... Ultimately, the reason for the dispute was that Greece is a great place to expand and there were (and still are) bound to be disputes about it.

Lessons were learned and people took note of what happened. So let's move on and remember that the "diplomacy" in this game is only a stepping stone or an opportunity to gain an upper hand with the final goal to win by yourself, as there's no allied victories (yet).
You're acting like this has gotten out of hand, but I feel perfectly happy to keep making my point if Macedonia continues to dispute it. Diplomacy is a game of trust and I deal with it as such. Carthage is a loyal ally to the end, even to its own detriment. If Macedonia would rather blatantly disregard it's agreements the distinction should be made. In diplomacy there are costs to ignoring verbal agreements, and to ignore contraventions would advantage the opportunistic player at the expense of all others.
pnoff
Senior Corporal - Destroyer

Post by pnoff »

ledo wrote: Thu Aug 08, 2019 10:18 am That was of course after you declared war.
Your point being...?

1) treaty is broken and void.
2) Macedon declares war.
3) Epirus shows that they had the same understanding of the treaty by inventing unconvincing excuses.

The king is now retiring from this discussion for good. The Carthage is entitled to the last word, since we know that nothing new or interesting will be said anyway.

- Pnoff of Macedon
ledo

Post by ledo »

pnoff wrote: Thu Aug 08, 2019 10:30 am
ledo wrote: Thu Aug 08, 2019 10:18 am That was of course after you declared war.
Your point being...?

1) treaty is broken and void.
2) Macedon declares war.
3) Epirus shows that they had the same understanding of the treaty by inventing unconvincing excuses.

The king is now retiring from this discussion for good. The Carthage is entitled to the last word, since we know that nothing new or interesting will be said anyway.

- Pnoff of Macedon
Nothing of interest to you perhaps. Since none of my arguments serve your purposes.

As for the three points you stated, I've heard them before this was the 'flimsy' I was referring to. My point being, that you only sought an explanation after you declared war. Odd.
13obo
Captain - Heavy Cruiser
Captain - Heavy Cruiser

Post by 13obo »

ledo wrote: Thu Aug 08, 2019 10:30 am
You're acting like this has gotten out of hand, but I feel perfectly happy to keep making my point if Macedonia continues to dispute it. Diplomacy is a game of trust and I deal with it as such. Carthage is a loyal ally to the end, even to its own detriment. If Macedonia would rather blatantly disregard it's agreements the distinction should be made. In diplomacy there are costs to ignoring verbal agreements, and to ignore contraventions would advantage the opportunistic player at the expense of all others.
You've made your point already, and so has Macedon, there's no point to carry on repeating the same thing. Any further discussions may just lead to more ... hostilities in the forum, and that's what I'm trying to avoid. Let's keep it civil instead of bickering like a bunch of Diadochi.
ledo

Post by ledo »

13obo wrote: Thu Aug 08, 2019 10:39 am
ledo wrote: Thu Aug 08, 2019 10:30 am
You've made your point already, and so has Macedon, there's no point to carry on repeating the same thing. Any further discussions may just lead to more ... hostilities in the forum, and that's what I'm trying to avoid. Let's keep it civil instead of bickering like a bunch of Diadochi.
Outside the game there are no hostilities on my part. I'm sorry if you got that impression. I have not made any personal attacks or slights on their character aside from opportunist which is just a strategy that is played by some players.
13obo
Captain - Heavy Cruiser
Captain - Heavy Cruiser

Post by 13obo »

Great! I've just been on too many forums to know things can escalate quick and a back and forth discussion that goes nowhere can contribute to that. Sorry if I misinterpreted things. Didn't mean to try to censor or anything - was just trying to help keep the discussion civil.
ledo

Post by ledo »

13obo wrote: Thu Aug 08, 2019 10:48 am Great! I've just been on too many forums to know things can escalate quick and a back and forth discussion that goes nowhere can contribute to that. Sorry if I misinterpreted things. Didn't mean to try to censor or anything - was just trying to help keep the discussion civil.
All good. It's my bad. I've pmed you to apologize as I was worried that you thought you and I were having an out of game argument and that was absolutely not the case.
13obo
Captain - Heavy Cruiser
Captain - Heavy Cruiser

Post by 13obo »

You are too kind and I also want to apologise for my initial presumption of hostile language despite actually the conversation being quite civil. I totally missed the fact that you're all roleplaying entitled rulers, as opposed to actually being ones!

Let's get back to the backstabbing then.
pnoff

Post by pnoff »

13obo wrote: Thu Aug 08, 2019 12:47 pm You are too kind and I also want to apologise for my initial presumption of hostile language despite actually the conversation being quite civil. I totally missed the fact that you're all roleplaying entitled rulers, as opposed to actually being ones!

Let's get back to the backstabbing then.
OOC not sure where Carthagenian ruler came off as entitled, but Macedonian foreign ministry will surely be happy with your impression :P
RufusTFirefly
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38

Post by RufusTFirefly »

All these misunderstandings of contracts and appointments might have been avoided.
Dont trust on spoken word that tomorrow might be forgotten. Write it down. Write it on papyrus!
Egypt sells papyrus. We will make you a good offer and a fair price. Satisfied customers is all we want. Buy Egyptian papyrus!
13obo
Captain - Heavy Cruiser
Captain - Heavy Cruiser

Post by 13obo »

I'd offer you some Celtic wine for your papyrus but it may be blood and I'm not sure you'd have uses for it.
Geffalrus
Lieutenant Colonel - Panther D
Lieutenant Colonel - Panther D

Post by Geffalrus »

RufusTFirefly wrote: Thu Aug 08, 2019 7:01 pm All these misunderstandings of contracts and appointments might have been avoided.
Dont trust on spoken word that tomorrow might be forgotten. Write it down. Write it on papyrus!
Egypt sells papyrus. We will make you a good offer and a fair price. Satisfied customers is all we want. Buy Egyptian papyrus!
I don't know about the rest of you, but I'm sold. I'll take 100 units!
We should all Stand With Ukraine. 🇺🇦 ✊
ledo

Post by ledo »

Geffalrus wrote: Thu Aug 08, 2019 8:23 pm
RufusTFirefly wrote: Thu Aug 08, 2019 7:01 pm All these misunderstandings of contracts and appointments might have been avoided.
I don't know about the rest of you, but I'm sold. I'll take 100 units!
Seriously though could we get some papyrus. Id say my kingdom for some papyrus, but with missing trade goods deficits I'm running it might be both or neither.
pnoff

Post by pnoff »

This is to officially announce Non-Aggression Pact between Macedon and Lysemakos, with 5 year warning between any hostilities.

-Pnoff of Macedon
Morbio
Brigadier-General - Elite Grenadier
Brigadier-General - Elite Grenadier

Post by Morbio »

pnoff wrote: Fri Aug 09, 2019 12:35 pm This is to officially announce Non-Aggression Pact between Macedon and Lysemakos, with 5 year warning between any hostilities.

-Pnoff of Macedon
What's the odds of Lysemakos being attacked in the next couple of turns? :wink:
RufusTFirefly
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38

Post by RufusTFirefly »

13obo wrote: Thu Aug 08, 2019 7:57 pm I'd offer you some Celtic wine for your papyrus but it may be blood and I'm not sure you'd have uses for it.
Yes, you are right. We wont need the blood as we prefer to write our messages with ink on papyrus, not with blood on the skin of our enemies like you do.

And vine might taste better when grown in the provinces of Carthage. Climate is favorable for vine there. Maybe we can trade elephants for vine as we heard the Carthagians have some interest in elephants (Gods may know why Carthage needs that much elephants).
devoncop
Sr. Colonel - Battleship
Sr. Colonel - Battleship

Post by devoncop »

RufusTFirefly wrote: Fri Aug 09, 2019 5:19 pm
13obo wrote: Thu Aug 08, 2019 7:57 pm I'd offer you some Celtic wine for your papyrus but it may be blood and I'm not sure you'd have uses for it.
(Gods may know why Carthage needs that much elephants).

Indeed so.....Macedonian scrubland is not ideal Elephant country......though apparently the coastline provinces of what were once Epirus are very much appreciated by Jumbo and his buddies 😉
13obo
Captain - Heavy Cruiser
Captain - Heavy Cruiser

Post by 13obo »

Year 286 update (turn 25):
- Macedonia continues its aggressive expansion with its next victim- Lysimachus himself! I guess brotherhood means nothing for Cassander.
- Seleucids are busy reconquering India! It seems half of their empire is busy producing scripture and culture to offset the integration of the poor Indians back to the fractured Macedonian empire.
- The Antagonids are fighting several small fights and biding their time.
- Ptolemeic Egypt is on a crusader south towards the exotic lands of the Nubians.
- Meanwhile, the West is still vastly barbaric with nations literally struggling to stay alive. Rome is still trying to unite the boot, the Arverni are fighting with their Celtic brothers on several fronts, the Celtiberi are fractured, and Carthage is struggling with the Berbers and Syracusians.

So far so good!
pnoff

Post by pnoff »

13obo wrote: Thu Aug 22, 2019 4:51 pm Year 286 update (turn 25):
- Macedonia continues its aggressive expansion with its next victim- Lysimachus himself! I guess brotherhood means nothing for Cassander.
Fake news alert!

We just pretend to be at war to circumvent restriction placed by sacred Pocus oracle on land trading.

-Pnoff of Macedon

Return to “Field of Glory: Empires”