Stable Master Buff?

Field of Glory: Empires is a grand strategy game in which you will have to move in an intricate and living tapestry of nations and tribes, each one with their distinctive culture.
Set in Europe and in the Mediterranean Area during the Classical Age, experience what truly means to manage an Empire.

Moderator: Pocus

choppinlt
Master Sergeant - Bf 109E

Stable Master Buff?

Post by choppinlt »

I was reviewing some regions in my empire and much to my delight :D I found that I had a Stable Master in one of my (non capital) regions. I quickly started vectoring various cavalry to the region to receive the +1 attack. After several turns no unit has received any buff at all. :( I also have the Master Armorsmith, and my units have been receiving that buff just fine, but the Stable Master does not seem to be working. What am I doing wrong?
loki100
Brigadier-General - Elite Grenadier

Re: Stable Master Buff?

Post by loki100 »

you only get one such +1 per unit, so for eg many cavalry can get it from either the stable master or the armoursmith, so its possible that all your units are upgraded?
desertedfox
Master Sergeant - U-boat
Master Sergeant - U-boat

Post by desertedfox »

I experienced the same thing from the Stable Master..nadda.
choppinlt

Post by choppinlt »

loki100 wrote: Thu Sep 05, 2019 6:34 am you only get one such +1 per unit, so for eg many cavalry can get it from either the stable master or the armoursmith, so its possible that all your units are upgraded?
Well if that is true, then that is good to know about a single +1/unit, so thank you! However most units i put with the Stable Master were NOT upgraded from the Armorsmith, though a few were. So bottom line is that the Armorsmith does not appear to be working for me at all. :(
loki100

Post by loki100 »

ok

second guess - and it really is just a guess. In my last game I had one that I built, and over time rotated my armies into the region, got the +1 et al.

near the end of the game, I captured a second one. Now I know I left armies in that region and I'm pretty sure I never got any upgrades off it. Now it was near the end of the game, it was just about possible that my heavy units were already upgraded, so I paid nil attention to the issue.

but does this fit your instance? that somehow you got a second one?

sorry just trying to offer a possible explanation
choppinlt

Post by choppinlt »

I suppose it is possible, but I'm not aware of one. I admit that I stumbled on to this one, but I must have had auto build for the province and it showed up. I havnt conquered any rich real estate lately that may contain another Armorsmith either, but I will try to keep my eye out for one. Any efficient way to try and find out where one may be?
loki100

Post by loki100 »

The ledger identifies any unique buildings so a quick scan will spot if you have two
choppinlt

Post by choppinlt »

Ah yes, the ledger! According to the ledger I have no other Stable Master. I did the next turn and again no Stable Master upgrade, HOWEVER I noticed that the unit parked in the region got a +1 defense... so it appears to be acting like another Armorsmith. :?
Pocus
Ageod
Ageod

Post by Pocus »

Equipment (for unit) visibility will be improved, but probably not for the incoming patch. For now, only one equipment allowed per unit, you can't accumulate several.

EDIT: I mean you can't accumulate.
AGEOD Team - Makers of Kingdoms, Empires, ACW2, WON, EAW, PON, AJE, RUS, ROP, WIA.
choppinlt

Post by choppinlt »

Hi Pocus, any idea why the Stable Master isn’t working properly in my case? DesertedFox reported a similar issue as well.
Pocus
Ageod
Ageod

Post by Pocus »

Not really, it should work for LC, MC, HC in the same way as Master Fletcher. If you have a saved game with a non upgraded cav that don't get his new gear, then please send the saved game at support@slitherine.co.uk. It's not too late to fix the bug before the patch release...
AGEOD Team - Makers of Kingdoms, Empires, ACW2, WON, EAW, PON, AJE, RUS, ROP, WIA.
desertedfox
Master Sergeant - U-boat
Master Sergeant - U-boat

Post by desertedfox »

choppinlt wrote: Fri Sep 06, 2019 8:17 pm Hi Pocus, any idea why the Stable Master isn’t working properly in my case? DesertedFox reported a similar issue as well.
I think it is working now for me. Earlier I'll take a stab at what I think happened. I had three cav units in the region. Only 1 upgraded after a number of turns. I think it kept selecting the one that had been upgraded randomly in following turns.
choppinlt

Post by choppinlt »

Interesting DesertedFox...well I can confirm that cav units keep getting the +1 defensive bonus, NOT the attack bonus.
Pocus wrote: Sun Sep 08, 2019 8:32 am Not really, it should work for LC, MC, HC in the same way as Master Fletcher. If you have a saved game with a non upgraded cav that don't get his new gear, then please send the saved game at support@slitherine.co.uk. It's not too late to fix the bug before the patch release...
This is an MP game...there are no saved games for MP are there?

Thanks
Pocus
Ageod
Ageod

Post by Pocus »

No, and that's a pain for us to identify and get files. I'll check on my side again if there is something odd on the Stable Master.
desertedfox
Master Sergeant - U-boat
Master Sergeant - U-boat

Post by desertedfox »

I can confirm that my units who eventually did receive the bonus received a defensive +1, not and attack bonus.
Pocus
Ageod
Ageod

Post by Pocus »

err yes, this is what the SM does.
choppinlt

Post by choppinlt »

Hmm, then there’s a conflict. According to Grognerds Guide it says the stable master gives a +1 attack bonus, but we are getting a defensive bonus. Is the guide incorrect?
loki100

Post by loki100 »

no its +1 defend, this is the norm for the master buildings. The exception is the fletcher where you get a bonus on ranged attack.
choppinlt

Post by choppinlt »

loki100 wrote: Thu Sep 12, 2019 5:06 pm no its +1 defend, this is the norm for the master buildings. The exception is the fletcher where you get a bonus on ranged attack.
OK then, problem solved! :lol: Thanks you guys for helping to clear that up.
YohanTM2
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38

Post by YohanTM2 »

Hi, what section of the rules are these upgrades in? I can't seem to find them

Return to “Field of Glory: Empires”