Ally stole my province

Field of Glory: Empires is a grand strategy game in which you will have to move in an intricate and living tapestry of nations and tribes, each one with their distinctive culture.
Set in Europe and in the Mediterranean Area during the Classical Age, experience what truly means to manage an Empire.

Moderator: Pocus

YohanTM2
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38

Ally stole my province

Post by YohanTM2 »

I know this has been mentioned before and I'm hopeful it will be in the next bug fix. Had a combined battle in the middle of Egypt and one of my best regions is now owned by my ally, very frustrating.
TimDee58
Staff Sergeant - StuG IIIF

Re: Ally stole my province

Post by TimDee58 »

I had a worse situation last night, I (Achaia) was at war with the Antigonids, Macedonia (who I had no treaties with ) were also at war with them.... in 3 provinces I laid siege to cities only to have them go to much smaller macedonian forces who marched in at the last minute after I did all the hard work!

Oh well, it at least (in my mind) gave me a perfect Casus Belli!
Pocus
Ageod
Ageod

Post by Pocus »

Yes this will be. The region will have to be owned at most 5 turns ago by you and relationship with your ally will have to be 50 or more.
AGEOD Team - Makers of Kingdoms, Empires, ACW2, WON, EAW, PON, AJE, RUS, ROP, WIA.
TimDee58

Post by TimDee58 »

I cannot believe why this is allowed, my army was 200+ in size, and had reduced the enemy defences over a long time, the city was given to a non ally who arrived in the turn it was conquered with an army of no more than 50 (to repeat, we were not allied).

This happened in 4 provinces in the space of 2 turns.

I can think of no historical instance where a besieging army stood by and watched a newcomer of much smaller size seize their prize.

It's nonsensical.
YohanTM2
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38

Post by YohanTM2 »

I did eventually get it back as a gift and they have given me several other regions since then
Pocus
Ageod
Ageod

Post by Pocus »

TimDee58 wrote: Sun Sep 15, 2019 4:14 am I cannot believe why this is allowed, my army was 200+ in size, and had reduced the enemy defences over a long time, the city was given to a non ally who arrived in the turn it was conquered with an army of no more than 50 (to repeat, we were not allied).

I can think of no historical instance where a besieging army stood by and watched a newcomer of much smaller size seize their prize.

It's nonsensical.
The turn they took the region from you, did you assault the city? I would say that if you did not and they did, I can see why the game gives it to the assaulter. I'm not saying it is right, but given the state of the code, that would not surprise me.
AGEOD Team - Makers of Kingdoms, Empires, ACW2, WON, EAW, PON, AJE, RUS, ROP, WIA.
TimDee58

Post by TimDee58 »

thats possible but i believe they assaulted it before i got the notification that i'd breached the last wall
franciscus
Senior Corporal - Destroyer
Senior Corporal - Destroyer

Post by franciscus »

YohanTM2 wrote: Sun Sep 15, 2019 12:06 pm I did eventually get it back as a gift and they have given me several other regions since then
Hi

I have never seen that happen 😳

Is there a mechanism to give back regions to allies ???

Regards
YohanTM2
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38

Post by YohanTM2 »

Hi Pocus, yes, I think that is what happened
Pocus wrote: Sun Sep 15, 2019 12:14 pm
TimDee58 wrote: Sun Sep 15, 2019 4:14 am I cannot believe why this is allowed, my army was 200+ in size, and had reduced the enemy defences over a long time, the city was given to a non ally who arrived in the turn it was conquered with an army of no more than 50 (to repeat, we were not allied).

It's nonsensical.
The turn they took the region from you, did you assault the city? I would say that if you did not and they did, I can see why the game gives it to the assaulter. I'm not saying it is right, but given the state of the code, that would not surprise me.
rbodleyscott
Field of Glory 2
Field of Glory 2

Post by rbodleyscott »

TimDee58 wrote: Sun Sep 15, 2019 4:14 amI can think of no historical instance where a besieging army stood by and watched a newcomer of much smaller size seize their prize.
Siege of Nicaea, First Crusade. The Crusaders did the besieging. Their Byzantine allies sneaked a force by boats across the lake and accepted the Turkish garrison's surrender. The Crusaders woke up to see the Byzantine flag flying from the citadel.

This is pretty much the exception that proves the rule, however. The Crusaders and Byzantines were allies, even though the Byzantine force was much smaller, and they wouldn't have been able to do it without the lake. Not only that but Nicaea was a Byzantine city held by the Turks, and the Crusaders were supposedly besieging it on the Byzantines' behalf - though they might well have refused to give it up if they had in fact captured it - hence the Byzantines pre-empting that possibility.

I can't immediately think of any other cases. though no doubt it must have happened - but rarely.
Richard Bodley Scott

Pocus
Ageod
Ageod

Post by Pocus »

Very interesting trivia, thanks Richard.

In game, this has more to do with some game engine limitation.
rbodleyscott
Field of Glory 2
Field of Glory 2

Post by rbodleyscott »

Pocus wrote: Tue Sep 17, 2019 2:16 pm Very interesting trivia, thanks Richard.
:shock:

Byzantine history may be Byzantine, but it is never trivial!
Richard Bodley Scott

TimDee58

Post by TimDee58 »

rbodleyscott wrote: Tue Sep 17, 2019 2:56 pm
Pocus wrote: Tue Sep 17, 2019 2:16 pm Very interesting trivia, thanks Richard.
:shock:

Byzantine history may be Byzantine, but it is never trivial!
Hahaha.....

Return to “Field of Glory: Empires”