Panzer Corps 2 - Dev Diary #10

A new story begins...
The sequel to a real classic: Panzer Corps is back!

Moderator: Panzer Corps 2 Moderators

Patrick Ward
Slitherine
Slitherine

Re: Panzer Corps 2 - Dev Diary #10

Post by Patrick Ward »

Yeah the delay hit us harder than we'd really like to admit so we're trying to get some more visually obvious fixes in there before release.

Pat a Pixel Pusher

AceDuceTrey
Senior Corporal - Destroyer
Senior Corporal - Destroyer

Post by AceDuceTrey »

Patrick Ward wrote: Fri Sep 06, 2019 4:24 pm No plan survives contact with the enemy, said someone famous. Aren't surprise and change par for the course?
That "someone famous" was an Armored Officer- they never planned ahead- claiming they planned "on the move". The rest of us knew the "5 P's: Prior planning prevents poor performance; or, Poor planning produces poor performance.

Also I have a question on encirclement: Does any opening in the envelopment REGARDLESS OF DISTANCE to the nearest supply source allow resupply; i.e., is supply distances from their sources infinite?
Retributarr
Lieutenant Colonel - Panther D
Lieutenant Colonel - Panther D

Post by Retributarr »

AceDuceTrey wrote: Tue Sep 10, 2019 3:18 pm
Patrick Ward wrote: Fri Sep 06, 2019 4:24 pm No plan survives contact with the enemy, said someone famous. Aren't surprise and change par for the course?
That "someone famous" was an Armored Officer- they never planned ahead- claiming they planned "on the move". The rest of us knew the "5 P's: Prior planning prevents poor performance; or, Poor planning produces poor performance.

Also I have a question on encirclement: Does any opening in the envelopment REGARDLESS OF DISTANCE to the nearest supply source allow resupply; i.e., is supply distances from their sources infinite?
The rest of us knew the "5 P's:
'Nodder Version'...:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don't know if this is exactly the 5-P's...but...here goes anyway!.

```Precise-Perfect-Planning-Prevents-Piss-Poor-Performance'.
DupDup90
Private First Class - Opel Blitz
Private First Class - Opel Blitz

Post by DupDup90 »

Are there any more information about the timeline you can share?
Will it release this year? How many more Beta phases will there be? When will be the next Dev Diary?

I was really excited, because I loved panzer general and panzer corps, but the lack of updates makes me wonder if the game really will release soon...
Patrick Ward
Slitherine
Slitherine

Post by Patrick Ward »

We're deep into early beta. There's still functionality to go in so lots of testing still to be done. We're starting to get some actionable beta reports so hopefully testing will improve over the coming months.

Some hardware issues set us back a couple of weeks but we're back on track.

Thats about all I can say. I don't think anyone is in a position to give a release date and even an estimate would be foolish.

Pat
Art Director / Artist

Pat a Pixel Pusher

Owi
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G

Post by Owi »

ow men .. it looks fantastic. Cant wait for a release! :D
funat
Corporal - Strongpoint
Corporal - Strongpoint

Post by funat »

Ok, so 'deep in early beta' and 'features to go in' - so 2021.
Because beta comes after feature freeze and serves for tuning performance and bug fixing. You are forgetting that probably half the people here are IT.
Patrick Ward
Slitherine
Slitherine

Post by Patrick Ward »

funat wrote: Thu Sep 19, 2019 6:39 am Ok, so 'deep in early beta' and 'features to go in' - so 2021.
Because beta comes after feature freeze and serves for tuning performance and bug fixing. You are forgetting that probably half the people here are IT.
We've only ever had a beta forum so its always been called beta even though technically, yes its alpha. We have said that before though maybe that was only in the beta forum. The functionality currently missing isn't essential for release but should be in sometime in October. Then yes, if you want to split hairs, we'll be in beta.

Pat a Pixel Pusher

funat
Corporal - Strongpoint
Corporal - Strongpoint

Post by funat »

Ok, cool - I don't mind late, as long as it's all clear. In that case I expect beta phase to take on another 3-4 months until we can have RC. So Christmas this year would even be possible in theory, but more realistic is Spring 2020.
PanzerCro
Sergeant - Panzer IIC
Sergeant - Panzer IIC

Post by PanzerCro »

When we can expect new diary ?
proline
2nd Lieutenant - Panzer IVF/2

Post by proline »

PanzerCro wrote: Thu Oct 03, 2019 10:15 am When we can expect new diary ?
They don't seem to be excited about building interest in this game. I wonder if it will come out this year?
dominickpa
Private First Class - Wehrmacht Inf

Post by dominickpa »

I am wondering if I get Panzer Corps original game, while waiting for the second version, would that be a good experience for learning the second version, or is the second version greatly different in game strategy and play?
mcc6256

Post by mcc6256 »

Why make everybody wait for a Vanilla Campaign. The Grand Campaign is better. Just release PzC-2/1939 and everything else
is add on.
And Please make the unit icons look like PzC-2 and not OoB-2.
Thanks.
PeteMitchell
Major-General - Tiger I
Major-General - Tiger I

Post by PeteMitchell »

dominickpa wrote: Mon Oct 28, 2019 2:54 am I am wondering if I get Panzer Corps original game, while waiting for the second version, would that be a good experience for learning the second version, or is the second version greatly different in game strategy and play?
Personally, I think it would be a lot of fun just by itself... some game mechanics seem different but overall very good idea/experience to start with PzC1 and/or even PG for this reason... and it might still be a while until PzC2 is ready...
Comprehensive Battlefield Europe AAR:
http://www.slitherine.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=145&t=86481
dalfrede
Colonel - Fallschirmjäger
Colonel - Fallschirmjäger

Post by dalfrede »

dominickpa wrote: Mon Oct 28, 2019 2:54 am I am wondering if I get Panzer Corps original game, while waiting for the second version, would that be a good experience for learning the second version, or is the second version greatly different in game strategy and play?
There is little difference in strategy between the two.
The differences are in tactics. Such as airplane basing is different, and AntiTank has support fire.
PzC and PxC[2] have big learning curves. Playing one will reduce the learning curve of the other.
Issues like prestige management will be similar.
The differences in play between the Grand Campaign, US Corp, and Soviet Corps are greater than those between PzC and PzC2.
There comes a time on every project when it is time to shoot the engineer and ship the damn thing.
proline

Post by proline »

PzC is a very fun game in its own right. I highly recommend it. Just don't get the Mac version. Or the iPad version.
Owi
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G

Post by Owi »

GUYS! This is awsome .. love the last video. On Release - Panzer Corp will be back where it belongs to - the throne of strategic WWII Games (for me it never left the throne anyway) :D
TomJoh66
Lance Corporal - Panzer IA
Lance Corporal - Panzer IA

Post by TomJoh66 »

I'm not sure I'm reading the posts right, but I don't see even the vaguest hint of a schedule. Really looking forward to the new game, but I'd like to plan whether, on my new computer, to start adding campaigns to existing PzC or wait for PzC 2 -- if the latter, how long to wait?
PeteMitchell
Major-General - Tiger I
Major-General - Tiger I

Post by PeteMitchell »

My (uneducated) guess is 2020 :mrgreen:

PzC1 gold edition is always worth it I would say... and upgrading a PC is always the right or always the wrong time... (IMHO)
Comprehensive Battlefield Europe AAR:
http://www.slitherine.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=145&t=86481
FOARP
Administrative Corporal - SdKfz 232 8Rad
Administrative Corporal - SdKfz 232 8Rad

Post by FOARP »

Pure pedantry of me I know, but "The Germans launch Operation Battleaxe" is wrong - Operation Battleaxe was a British offensive.

Return to “Panzer Corps 2”