The Dustbin

Moderator: Field of Glory 2 Tournaments Managers

DzonVejn
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G

Re: Classical Antiquity: winners post your results here . . .

Post by DzonVejn » Sat Oct 12, 2019 12:58 am

Division C

Dzon Vejn (Saka with allies) wins 44-11 VS Rob123 (Romans)

melm
Master Sergeant - U-boat
Master Sergeant - U-boat

Re: Early Middle Ages: winners post your results here . . .

Post by melm » Sat Oct 12, 2019 1:13 am

Division B

melm (Andalusian 756-1049AD) beat Nijis (Byzantine 963-987AD) 50-19.

In 1600 pts army match, bow's effectiveness actually increases as player can deploy more bow unit and concentrate them somewhere to loose havoc. Byzantine is one case. It disrupted several of my units before I was able to engage. However, after the middle of Byzantine line was cracked by Muslim spearmen and no more reserve was placed in the middle, Byzantine battle array gradually melted away. The cavalry skirmish on my right flank aka Nijis left flank is also in my favor. It's pleasant to play with Nijis who has good sense of humor. Good game.

fikabo
Corporal - Strongpoint
Corporal - Strongpoint

Post by fikabo » Sat Oct 12, 2019 2:08 am

Division C

fikabo (Jewish+Romans) defeated Rob123 (Romans+Jewish) 55:23

I have many skirmishes which doing what possible to weaken stronger infantry of enemy in centre and with elephant try to lock enemy cavalry from attempt to encircle my army from my left. On my right the same thing make my 2 horses on small hills. My center was first on 4 square hill so I have some terrain handicap. My left wing win and finish battle just in time because my right part of middle start to collapse.

vakarr
2nd Lieutenant - Panzer IVF/2

Post by vakarr » Sat Oct 12, 2019 3:54 am

fikabo wrote:
Sat Oct 12, 2019 2:08 am
Division C
I have many skirmishes which doing what possible to weaken stronger infantry of enemy in centre and with elephant try to lock enemy cavalry from attempt to encircle my army from my left. On my right the same thing make my 2 horses on small hills. My center was first on 4 square hill so I have some terrain handicap. My left wing win and finish battle just in time because my right part of middle start to collapse.
So was it the JPF or the PFJ that won?

vakarr

Post by vakarr » Sat Oct 12, 2019 4:04 am

Division D

vakarr (Thracians+Greek allies) defeated rs2excelsior (Romans) 51-13

on perfect Roman terrain - a mountain map with a lake covering one side of the map and a mountain covering the other side, with a bowling green in between. There was a wood and a hill at the Thracian end of the battlefield but the Thracians went in for the attack and destroyed all but two of the non-legionary units. The legionary units were just beginning to make their way through the Thracian infantry when the game ended. The Roman elephant was seen off with some really good shooting and the Roman cavalry suffered similarly before being charged from all directions by light horse. Elsewhere the Thracians advanced across the front of the Roman line or fell back, it was a tough battle to win!

Karvon
Sergeant - Panzer IIC
Sergeant - Panzer IIC

Post by Karvon » Sat Oct 12, 2019 7:39 am

Division C

Karvon (Sarmatian 350 BC-24 AD) defeated Bluefin (Kappadokian 260 BC - 17 AD) 49=11 for a score of 4-0.

A large river largely walled off the left, though it did have a crossing at each end. A large hill with scattered rough lay on the right closer to the Kappadokains. Beyond the hill, a large forest blocked things off. A small hill lay in about the middle of the Kappodokian area. Two smaller woods provided a bit of protection for each their flanks.

We deployed a small group of light foot hidden in trees beyond the river with the plan of pushing them down and around the enemy right, if the crossing was left unguarded. The rest of our light foot we placed on the right to screen an advance acroos the hill and thru the woods. Our lancers were in four equal divisions. Spread across the middle of the field.

The Kappadokians deployed a mass of medium foot in the middle supported by a warband or two. On each flank were half a dozen horse. Several light horse were also on each wing. A few light foot screened their position.

Our light foot beyond the river made the long march to the far crossing, and ended up skirmishing with a lone enemy horse to no effect. Our lights on the right, swept ahead and disrupted and drove off opposing lights and softened up the enemy horse a bit for the following lancers. We pushed the first division of lancers on our left into the opposing enemy horse, breaking and driving off about half of them and locking into combat with the survivors. The second division we launched into the center to tie down the massed enemy foot. These guys fought gloriously, disrupting and fragmenting a fair number, but eventually got ground down by the numbers and mostly died. The two remaining divisions attacked the enemy left, dispatching most of the enemy horse and then wheeling in on the enemy center to finish off the infantry disorganized by the sacrificial charge of our second division, breaking the enemy army and winning the battle.
2019-10-12 Sarmations vs Kappadocians.jpg
2019-10-12 Sarmations vs Kappadocians.jpg (878.37 KiB) Viewed 722 times

desertedfox
Sergeant - Panzer IIC
Sergeant - Panzer IIC

Re: Biblical: winners post your results here . . .

Post by desertedfox » Sat Oct 12, 2019 7:51 am

Division A

desertedfox - Egyptian 664-571 BC defeated youngr - Median 626-550 BC with Babylonian ally 66-32

Thx for a most interesting game. The score doesn't reflect how close the game was.

lydianed
Sergeant First Class - Panzer IIIL

Post by lydianed » Sat Oct 12, 2019 8:06 am

Division B

lydianed (Samnites & Gauls) defeated desertedfox (Antigonids) 45:19

With the map a wide open plain, Sam and the boys were prepared for a tough battle against the hard hitting pikes. The Samnite MF did a decent job of turning both flanks and allowed the cavalry to get behind the Antigonid lines and cause havoc. Thanks for the game.

Morbio
Brigadier-General - 15 cm Nblwf 41
Brigadier-General - 15 cm Nblwf 41

Post by Morbio » Sat Oct 12, 2019 8:59 am

Division B

Morbio: Roman (Numidian) defeated paulmcneil: (Galatian Numidian) 43-17.

stockwellpete
Field of Glory Moderator
Field of Glory Moderator

Re: Calling grumpydaddy845 and Breogan . . .

Post by stockwellpete » Sat Oct 12, 2019 9:36 am

I am still waiting to hear from grumpydaddy845 and Breogan and I am going to give them until Monday morning.

lydianed

Re: Classical Antiquity: arrange your matches here . . .

Post by lydianed » Sat Oct 12, 2019 11:12 am

Division B

lydianed (Samnite + Gauls) challenges ulysisgrunt (Jewish) pw: ulysisgrunt

PM sent.

rs2excelsior
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G

Post by rs2excelsior » Sat Oct 12, 2019 1:18 pm

vakarr wrote:
Sat Oct 12, 2019 4:04 am
Division D

vakarr (Thracians+Greek allies) defeated rs2excelsior (Romans) 51-13

on perfect Roman terrain - a mountain map with a lake covering one side of the map and a mountain covering the other side, with a bowling green in between. There was a wood and a hill at the Thracian end of the battlefield but the Thracians went in for the attack and destroyed all but two of the non-legionary units. The legionary units were just beginning to make their way through the Thracian infantry when the game ended. The Roman elephant was seen off with some really good shooting and the Roman cavalry suffered similarly before being charged from all directions by light horse. Elsewhere the Thracians advanced across the front of the Roman line or fell back, it was a tough battle to win!
Well played to you--the Thracian infantry did a wide flanking march, forcing my infantry to turn to meet them. Our main battle lines were just meeting perpendicular to our initial deployments. I have to say, I was surprised to see this--I thought my force had some more fight left in them and might be able to turn things around. GG!

EDIT: Do we report the rout % or the casualty % at the end screen? Casualties were 51-13, but rout was 44-17. Not that I think that matters for scoring, but for my own reference.(Answer: Rout% stockwellpete)

DzonVejn
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G

Post by DzonVejn » Sat Oct 12, 2019 3:33 pm

Division C

Dzon Vejn (Saka with allies) wins VS MikeMerchant (Seleucid) 44 to 10

Schweetness101
Administrative Corporal - SdKfz 251/1
Administrative Corporal - SdKfz  251/1

Post by Schweetness101 » Sat Oct 12, 2019 5:01 pm

Division D

Schweetness101 (Carthage) beat KiFi (Macedonia) 46-11

gg to Kifi

Schweetness101

Re: Early Middle Ages; arrange your matches here . . .

Post by Schweetness101 » Sat Oct 12, 2019 6:32 pm

Division D

Schweetness101 (Arab) challenges Doyle50 (Anglo Danish), password is "anglo". PM sent.

fikabo
Corporal - Strongpoint
Corporal - Strongpoint

Post by fikabo » Sat Oct 12, 2019 7:08 pm

vakarr wrote:
Sat Oct 12, 2019 3:54 am
fikabo wrote:
Division C
Jewish 64BC - 6AD with allies Roman won.
What means JPF and PFJ?

Triarii
Master Sergeant - Bf 109E
Master Sergeant - Bf 109E

Re: Early Middle Ages; arrange your matches here . . .

Post by Triarii » Sat Oct 12, 2019 7:13 pm

Challenges up from
Triarii - Spanish 900-1049 AD with Andalusian ally

for
Nosy_Rat - Abbasid 815-835 AD
Sennacherib - Andalusian 756-1049 AD

Passwords in PM

MikeMarchant
Sergeant Major - SdKfz 234/2 8Rad

Re: Late Antiquity; winners post your results here . . .

Post by MikeMarchant » Sat Oct 12, 2019 8:18 pm

Division D

MikeMarchant (Ancient British 60 BCE-80 CE - Allies: Roman 24-196) defeated rs2excelsior(Byzantine 551 - 578 AD): 46/21

The Byzantines started with a decent defensive position deep behind two large flanking woods, with a lot of lancers sat behind heavy infantry, fronted by lights. Leaving my artillery redundant, our chariots caused mayhem with the lights and then toyed with the advancing lancers while my warband advanced rapidly to take to the woods. By this point the Byzantines were bottled up and had no room to manoeuvre. Chariots, cavarly and warband, led by a single legionary cohort swarmed in from all sides.

Bed luck, rs2excelsior, thanks for the game.

Best Wishes

Mike
Last edited by MikeMarchant on Sun Oct 13, 2019 8:50 am, edited 1 time in total.

MikeMarchant

Post by MikeMarchant » Sat Oct 12, 2019 8:20 pm

fikabo wrote:
Sat Oct 12, 2019 7:08 pm
vakarr wrote:
Sat Oct 12, 2019 3:54 am
fikabo wrote:
Division C
Jewish 64BC - 6AD with allies Roman won.
What means JPF and PFJ?
Life of Brian?

Schweetness101

Re: Early Middle Ages: winners post your results here . . .

Post by Schweetness101 » Sat Oct 12, 2019 9:15 pm

Division D

Schweetness101 - Arab (Abbasid) 874-946 AD defeated Challenge1 - Viking (Ireland) 900-1049 AD with Scots ally: 51-25

Arab mediocre lancer cavalry pulled up in a long line in front of the viking shield wall, somewhat neutralizing them for a time while the dailami foot wrapped up the left flank in the rough ground. My right consisting of some cheaper foot and a few massed archers ultimately collapsed but not in time.

gg to Challenge1

Return to “Field of Glory II Digital League”