Field of Diplomacy: Winds of Change

Field of Glory: Empires is a grand strategy game in which you will have to move in an intricate and living tapestry of nations and tribes, each one with their distinctive culture.
Set in Europe and in the Mediterranean Area during the Classical Age, experience what truly means to manage an Empire.

Moderator: Pocus

13obo
Captain - Heavy Cruiser
Captain - Heavy Cruiser

Field of Diplomacy: Winds of Change

Post by 13obo »

Heya,

This thread is for a newly starting multiplayer game from previous Field of Diplomacy games (Field of Diplomacy and Field of Diplomacy: New World Order). The last one was quite fun and successful, but two patches that hit during the interim led to the balancing of the game being thrown out of whack.

Miscellaneous rules for the new game:

- Difficulty: I suggest Experienced because Balanced difficulty in 1.05 removes the extra money upkeep from experience, making the Diadochi even stronger compared to smaller nations. If people prefer balanced, we can change that too but this would lead to the tier 1 powers dictating the game much more.
- Turn time: 36h.
- Players: 16.
- Dynamic diplomacy via the in-forum mail function is encouraged to maximise your chances of not only survival, but winning as well!
- Priority will be given to players from the previous game, but new players are welcome.
- Available nations are the below ones as other than the major powers, there are a select few minor ones that can have a meaningful impact on the game.

Major Powers
- The Antigonids - Nijis
- The Seleucids - 13obo
- The Ptolemies - desertedfox
- Macedon - saikoren
- Lysimakos - chb75
- Rome - SpeedyCM
- Carthage - ledo

Minor Powers
- Pontus -
- Armenia - mst007
- Sparta - MARVIN_THE_ARVN
- Arverni - Morbio
- Arabia/Judea -
- Dacia - mihnea_1309
- Aethiopia - Soar
- Iberians -
- Sarmatia - RufusTFirefly
- Syracuse - Wulfburk
- Saka -
- Celticii -

Please post your interest and preferred faction here and I will update this topic with the players who have stated an interest. Once we have 16 players interested, I can host the game in FOGE as well.
Last edited by 13obo on Tue Oct 22, 2019 8:33 pm, edited 17 times in total.
MARVIN_THE_ARVN
Sergeant First Class - Panzer IIIL

Re: Field of Diplomacy: Winds of Change

Post by MARVIN_THE_ARVN »

Howdy howdy,

I was the Bactria player in the first game and I am currently the Nubia player in the second game.

I'd be interested in giving Sparta a go with the new changes in the patch.

If not a Syracus could be fun if Carthage and Rome want to play and make deals.

You may have noticed the theme with minors it's because I struggle with time to play the big boys but if you are short I could give Rome a go.

Difficulty wise, it's a tough one, the higher difficulty really hits the smaller nations hard but I'm willing to give it a go if that is what others want.
"I'll gladly trade you some ARVN rifles, never been fired and only dropped once"
RufusTFirefly
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38

Post by RufusTFirefly »

Would like to give Sarmatia a try.
Playing Lysimacos in another game. After some losses had only two weak and damaged provinces left. So I decided to accept the offer of Sarmatia to become a client state. Now I am a client of an AI nation. What a shame. :cry:
13obo
Captain - Heavy Cruiser
Captain - Heavy Cruiser

Post by 13obo »

Both of you have been added! The difficulty setting is open for debate of course!
Wulfburk
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38

Post by Wulfburk »

Sign me up for Syracuse.
SpeedyCM
Sergeant Major - Armoured Train
Sergeant Major - Armoured Train

Post by SpeedyCM »

Guess I might try these bloody Romans.
ledo
Administrative Corporal - SdKfz 232 8Rad
Administrative Corporal - SdKfz 232 8Rad

Post by ledo »

Since the other game is most likely collapsing with the Seleucids leaving, I probably will play Carthage again if I can. I don't play singleplayer and I don't like to have more than one game running at a time, so I'd rather just play Carthage because that's the country I enjoy most, and actually know enough about to manage semi-capably.
13obo
Captain - Heavy Cruiser
Captain - Heavy Cruiser

Post by 13obo »

Added all of you. I think I'll be abandoning that game too... Too many crucial nations are leaving.
MARVIN_THE_ARVN

Post by MARVIN_THE_ARVN »

Okay, I'l post a message in that game as I'm still in it letting people that another has started.
"I'll gladly trade you some ARVN rifles, never been fired and only dropped once"
mihnea_1309
Lance Corporal - SdKfz 222

Post by mihnea_1309 »

What happens if you miss your 36 hours window for a turn? Are you out definitively or does the AI take that turn for you but you can come back afterwards?
13obo
Captain - Heavy Cruiser
Captain - Heavy Cruiser

Post by 13obo »

The latter- MP in the game is quite forgiving if you're off for a few days. The AI also does not override your building orders but will issue new ones when buildings are completed. Those will likely be bad ones, but if you're back by 3-4 turns, that shouldn't be a big deal. Not sure how the AI handles diplomacy and but it issues army orders too.

You should sign up! MP is quite fun and different from SP. Most of us don't play SP anymore.
mihnea_1309

Post by mihnea_1309 »

13obo wrote: Sat Oct 12, 2019 6:50 pm The latter- MP in the game is quite forgiving if you're off for a few days. The AI also does not override your building orders but will issue new ones when buildings are completed. Those will likely be bad ones, but if you're back by 3-4 turns, that shouldn't be a big deal. Not sure how the AI handles diplomacy and but it issues army orders too.

You should sign up! MP is quite fun and different from SP. Most of us don't play SP anymore.
Cool! Well I'm not very good at the game (just finished my first full SP campaign) but I'll gladly join if there's places left. I'll take Dacia if available, or something else if not.
13obo
Captain - Heavy Cruiser
Captain - Heavy Cruiser

Post by 13obo »

Dacia is yours and don't worry, it's not that different in the beginning at least. I added myself as Seleucids as there doesn't seem to be any Diadochi yet.
desertedfox
Master Sergeant - U-boat
Master Sergeant - U-boat

Post by desertedfox »

I haven't played The Ptolemies - yet, so now is as good a time as any.
mst007
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G

Post by mst007 »

I`ll try Armenia please. I wasn`t in the first game, hope thats ok?

Mark
13obo
Captain - Heavy Cruiser
Captain - Heavy Cruiser

Post by 13obo »

Added both of you. Thanks for joining us. By now, the people that would've wanted to join the new game would have, so we're open for new recruits!
chb75
Lance Corporal - Panzer IA
Lance Corporal - Panzer IA

Post by chb75 »

I am in

- Lysimakos -

Let's try the underdog major
13obo
Captain - Heavy Cruiser
Captain - Heavy Cruiser

Post by 13obo »

Excellent- you won't be disappointed! They are really an underdog but hopefully the new patch makes their start a bit easier.

Two more major powers left and then a couple more minor nation players and we should be good to go!
Nijis
Major - 8.8 cm FlaK 36
Major - 8.8 cm FlaK 36

Post by Nijis »

Okay, so if no one else is jumping on the chance, I'll try the Antigonids again.

I fully expect Seleucos and Ptolemy to dogpile on me this time, and I'm ready to go down fighting. Bring it, world.
13obo
Captain - Heavy Cruiser
Captain - Heavy Cruiser

Post by 13obo »

Very brave of you- added! And I wouldn't call what happened in the other game dogpiling... It was a temporary cooperation to weaken the stronger opponent, which barely worked other than stalling your expansion I guess.

Return to “Field of Glory: Empires”