Neutral AI invading besieged province

Field of Glory: Empires is a grand strategy game in which you will have to move in an intricate and living tapestry of nations and tribes, each one with their distinctive culture.
Set in Europe and in the Mediterranean Area during the Classical Age, experience what truly means to manage an Empire.

Moderator: Pocus

FrenchDude
Senior Corporal - Destroyer

Neutral AI invading besieged province

Post by FrenchDude » Fri Oct 11, 2019 10:34 pm

Here's my problem : As Rome, I'm besieging a city owned by the Senones. I've been sieging the region for two turns and the garrison is suffering heavy casualties. I'm thinking about assaulting the city soon, but then the Etrusci, who have neutral relations with me, just come in and take the city I was sieging without any warning. My army is sent back to the nearest roman region, and the Senones' last city belongs to the Etruscans.

My question is : Is this working as intended ? or is it a bug ? if that's intended : I don't understand how a foreign army could take the city I'm already besieging. It's highly frustrating and doesn't make any sense. I know there are historical examples of weird trickery leading to the capture of a city by another army than the one already besieging it, but these were exceptionnal cases. If the AI can just get in and take a region I'm already attacking while my legions just sit and let them proceed without reacting like if they were a bunch of retarded sloths, then what's the point of sieging a region ? If that's a bug, i can provide a save of the turn right after the Etrusci took the city, and perhaps that I have an auto save frome the turn before too

The 1.05 patch feels very nice and it's a pleasure to play this game, but this problem is something that is a bit irritating.

rs2excelsior
Corporal - Strongpoint
Corporal - Strongpoint

Re: Neutral AI invading besieged province

Post by rs2excelsior » Tue Oct 15, 2019 1:54 am

That issue predates this patch--from my experience it's a bit less common now, although I don't know if that is coincidence or if something has changed. It is frustrating--I think the AI is assaulting the weakened garrison (or the game is giving them priority if the city falls normally, for some reason).

FrenchDude

Post by FrenchDude » Tue Oct 15, 2019 4:13 am

The same thing happened again for me during the same game : I was besieging the Etruscan Capital, and a Celtici army (at war with the Etruscans) enters the region. I order my army to assault the city the next turn because I don’t want to see the city I’ve been sieging for two turns lost to the newcomer like it had happened before.

Next turn, instead of taking the city, my troops fall back to the nearest Roman region, and the city is taken by the Celtici.

Lysimachos
Lieutenant Colonel - Fw 190A

Post by Lysimachos » Tue Oct 15, 2019 7:17 am

The same is happening to me ...
Quite really disturbing and clearly unhistorical!
"Audentis fortuna iuvat"
- Virgilius

(Good luck favours the brave)

Pocus
Ageod
Ageod

Post by Pocus » Tue Oct 15, 2019 3:27 pm

I'll note that as a problem, thanks.
AGEOD Team - Makers of Empires, ACW2, WON, EAW, PON, AJE, RUS, ROP, WIA.

Lysimachos

Post by Lysimachos » Tue Oct 15, 2019 9:09 pm

Thanks to you! :D
"Audentis fortuna iuvat"
- Virgilius

(Good luck favours the brave)

krieg63
Master Sergeant - Bf 109E
Master Sergeant - Bf 109E