Classical Antiquity: winners post your results here . . .

Moderator: Field of Glory 2 Tournaments Managers

DzonVejn
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G

Re: Classical Antiquity: winners post your results here . . .

Post by DzonVejn » Sat Oct 12, 2019 12:58 am

Division C

Dzon Vejn (Saka with allies) wins 44-11 VS Rob123 (Romans)

fikabo
Corporal - Strongpoint
Corporal - Strongpoint

Post by fikabo » Sat Oct 12, 2019 2:08 am

Division C

fikabo (Jewish+Romans) defeated Rob123 (Romans+Jewish) 55:23

I have many skirmishes which doing what possible to weaken stronger infantry of enemy in centre and with elephant try to lock enemy cavalry from attempt to encircle my army from my left. On my right the same thing make my 2 horses on small hills. My center was first on 4 square hill so I have some terrain handicap. My left wing win and finish battle just in time because my right part of middle start to collapse.

vakarr
2nd Lieutenant - Panzer IVF/2
2nd Lieutenant - Panzer IVF/2

Post by vakarr » Sat Oct 12, 2019 4:04 am

Division D

vakarr (Thracians+Greek allies) defeated rs2excelsior (Romans) 51-13

on perfect Roman terrain - a mountain map with a lake covering one side of the map and a mountain covering the other side, with a bowling green in between. There was a wood and a hill at the Thracian end of the battlefield but the Thracians went in for the attack and destroyed all but two of the non-legionary units. The legionary units were just beginning to make their way through the Thracian infantry when the game ended. The Roman elephant was seen off with some really good shooting and the Roman cavalry suffered similarly before being charged from all directions by light horse. Elsewhere the Thracians advanced across the front of the Roman line or fell back, it was a tough battle to win!

Karvon
Administrative Corporal - SdKfz 251/1
Administrative Corporal - SdKfz  251/1

Post by Karvon » Sat Oct 12, 2019 7:39 am

Division C

Karvon (Sarmatian 350 BC-24 AD) defeated Bluefin (Kappadokian 260 BC - 17 AD) 49=11 for a score of 4-0.

A large river largely walled off the left, though it did have a crossing at each end. A large hill with scattered rough lay on the right closer to the Kappadokains. Beyond the hill, a large forest blocked things off. A small hill lay in about the middle of the Kappodokian area. Two smaller woods provided a bit of protection for each their flanks.

We deployed a small group of light foot hidden in trees beyond the river with the plan of pushing them down and around the enemy right, if the crossing was left unguarded. The rest of our light foot we placed on the right to screen an advance acroos the hill and thru the woods. Our lancers were in four equal divisions. Spread across the middle of the field.

The Kappadokians deployed a mass of medium foot in the middle supported by a warband or two. On each flank were half a dozen horse. Several light horse were also on each wing. A few light foot screened their position.

Our light foot beyond the river made the long march to the far crossing, and ended up skirmishing with a lone enemy horse to no effect. Our lights on the right, swept ahead and disrupted and drove off opposing lights and softened up the enemy horse a bit for the following lancers. We pushed the first division of lancers on our left into the opposing enemy horse, breaking and driving off about half of them and locking into combat with the survivors. The second division we launched into the center to tie down the massed enemy foot. These guys fought gloriously, disrupting and fragmenting a fair number, but eventually got ground down by the numbers and mostly died. The two remaining divisions attacked the enemy left, dispatching most of the enemy horse and then wheeling in on the enemy center to finish off the infantry disorganized by the sacrificial charge of our second division, breaking the enemy army and winning the battle.
2019-10-12 Sarmations vs Kappadocians.jpg
2019-10-12 Sarmations vs Kappadocians.jpg (878.37 KiB) Viewed 512 times

lydianed
Sergeant First Class - Panzer IIIL
Sergeant First Class - Panzer IIIL

Post by lydianed » Sat Oct 12, 2019 8:06 am

Division B

lydianed (Samnites & Gauls) defeated desertedfox (Antigonids) 45:19

With the map a wide open plain, Sam and the boys were prepared for a tough battle against the hard hitting pikes. The Samnite MF did a decent job of turning both flanks and allowed the cavalry to get behind the Antigonid lines and cause havoc. Thanks for the game.

Morbio
Brigadier-General - 15 cm Nblwf 41

Post by Morbio » Sat Oct 12, 2019 8:59 am

Division B

Morbio: Roman (Numidian) defeated paulmcneil: (Galatian Numidian) 43-17.

DzonVejn
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G

Post by DzonVejn » Sat Oct 12, 2019 3:33 pm

Division C

Dzon Vejn (Saka with allies) wins VS MikeMerchant (Seleucid) 44 to 10

Schweetness101
Senior Corporal - Destroyer

Post by Schweetness101 » Sat Oct 12, 2019 5:01 pm

Division D

Schweetness101 (Carthage) beat KiFi (Macedonia) 46-11

gg to Kifi

stockwellpete
Field of Glory Moderator
Field of Glory Moderator

Post by stockwellpete » Sun Oct 13, 2019 7:19 am

Classical Antiquity            A-D tables.jpg
Classical Antiquity A-D tables.jpg (882.51 KiB) Viewed 421 times

stockwellpete
Field of Glory Moderator
Field of Glory Moderator

Post by stockwellpete » Sun Oct 13, 2019 7:19 am

Weekly round-up
A slow start in Division A where Geffalrus (Antigonid) is setting the early pace with 2 wins from his first 2 matches. youngr (Italian Hill Tribes) has also started with a win. Lots of action in Division B mostly involving paulmcneil (Galatian). He started off with 3 straight wins but has now lost 3 of his 7 matches and has 16 points. lydianed (Samnite) is second with 2 wins from 3 starts. DzonVejn (Saka) is the early leader in Division C with 2 straight wins while newcomers Schweetness101 (Hannibal in Africa) and vakarr (Thracians) share the lead in Division D with 2 wins each.

Unbeaten runs of 3 matches or more
No-one as yet

Match completion rate (45 matches in total to be played in each division)
Division A - 4 out of 45 matches completed :|
Division B - 11 out of 45 matches completed :D
Division C - 6 out of 45 matches completed :|
Division D - 6 out of 45 matches completed :|

These are reasonable match completion rates, Division B is excellent.

Player of the week
Geffalrus (Division A), DzonVejn (Division C), Schweetness101 (Division D) and vakarr (Division D) all posted 2 wins this week in their first 2 matches. :D

GeneralKostas
Corporal - Strongpoint
Corporal - Strongpoint

Post by GeneralKostas » Sun Oct 13, 2019 4:19 pm

Division D

vakarr (Thracian 680-461 BC + allies) beat GeneralKostas (Lysimachid 320-281 BC) 60-41

Bluefin
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G

Post by Bluefin » Sun Oct 13, 2019 8:56 pm

Division C

Bluefin (Kappadokian) defeats Rob 123 (Roman) 62-50 in a battle that could've swung either way.

Thanks for the game Rob123.

(3-1)

Schweetness101

Post by Schweetness101 » Mon Oct 14, 2019 1:24 am

Division D

Schweetness101- Carthaginian (Hannibal in Africa) 202 BC defeated rs2excelsior - Roman 105-25 BC: 55-26

the battle line stretched across a low, wide plateau with a a mixture of rough, open and forested ground, slightly favoring the Carthaginian side and giving them an uphill advantage on a few tiles. Both sides cavalry went almost entirely to their respective right side. The Romans started strong with a few routs on the Carthaginian left, including the Carthaginian elephant, but their cavalry flank petered out under withering ranged fire from a mass of light foot and horse, while the Carthaginian cavalry got a few more good flanks in. The rough terrain permitted inferior Carthaginian infantry to hold out long enough for their cavalry to wrap up the roman left.

Here's an image from the end:
https://imgur.com/4fkcLgC

gg to rs2excelsior

Tresantes
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G

Post by Tresantes » Mon Oct 14, 2019 5:34 am

Division C

Tresantes (Pyrrhic) defeats General Shapur (Spanish) 46-21

The Spaniards were hoping for some rough terrain, but encountered the forces of Pyrrhus on a fairly flat plain...

fikabo
Corporal - Strongpoint
Corporal - Strongpoint

Post by fikabo » Mon Oct 14, 2019 10:56 pm

Division C

fikabo (Jewish+Romans) defeated edb1815 (Thracian Hellenistic with Antigonid ally) 49:12

Strange mountain map.
Battle could be only in two narrow gorges.
I have better position because those gorges were wider on my side and I have shorter distance beetwen them so could move units from one side to other.
I have many skirimishes which were quite effective in this map but frequently get trapped trying to evade to not available areas.

stockwellpete
Field of Glory Moderator
Field of Glory Moderator

Post by stockwellpete » Tue Oct 15, 2019 8:55 am

Classical Antiquity            A-D tables.jpg
Classical Antiquity A-D tables.jpg (890.54 KiB) Viewed 321 times

Morbio

Post by Morbio » Tue Oct 15, 2019 5:07 pm

Division B

Morbio (Roman (Numidian)) beat desertedfox (Antigonid) 60-37

harveylh
Staff Sergeant - StuG IIIF
Staff Sergeant - StuG IIIF

Post by harveylh » Tue Oct 15, 2019 7:02 pm

Division A

harveylh – Syracusan 280-211 BC with Carthaginian 235-146 BC ally defeats youngr - Italian Hill Tribes 490-275 BC with Latin Ally, 54-22

A game that was closer than the score indicates. Good use of terrain by the Italian Hill Tribes made this a tough game for the Greeks.

Schweetness101

Post by Schweetness101 » Wed Oct 16, 2019 12:53 am

Division D

Schweetness101- Carthaginian (Hannibal in Africa) 202 BC defeated vakarr - Thracian 680-461 BC with Greek 680-461 BC ally: 63-44

Was a very close game that I feel I was outplayed in, but got a lucky win anyway. Vakarr started out very strong, handily routing my light foot and horse, and badly damaging my cavalry in the early stages, badly enough that I gave up on the skirmisher battle and just charged my infantry into his in the hopes of routing enough peltasts and thracian spearmen with my veteran italians and african spears to get to 60% first. It was an entirely flat and mostly open map with nowhere for Thracian medium foot to play at advantage. He had an unlucky fallen general, disrupting i think 3 or more units at once, followed up by some impact foot charges that surprisingly double dropped his best infantry, and also an elephant flank, resulting in almost all of his line troops quickly dissolving.

gg to vakarr

SawyerK
Corporal - Strongpoint
Corporal - Strongpoint

Post by SawyerK » Wed Oct 16, 2019 11:55 am

Division D

SawyerK (Romans with Spanish) defeated GeneralKostas (Lysimachid with Thracians) by 40 to 14.

This was a hard fought battle with the Lysimachid heavy cavalry threatening to flank the Romans southern rim. But the legionnaires held off multiple blows there while their Scutari allies swept the Thracians from the rough ground at the north of the map. The allied win on the north then allowed the Romans to roll up the northern flank faster than the Lysimachids could take out the south.

Return to “Field of Glory II Digital League”