The Dustbin

Moderator: Field of Glory 2 Tournaments Managers

stockwellpete
Field of Glory Moderator
Field of Glory Moderator

Re: Biblical: winners post your results here . . .

Post by stockwellpete »

Biblical                                A-D tables.jpg
Biblical A-D tables.jpg (626 KiB) Viewed 1658 times
stockwellpete
Field of Glory Moderator
Field of Glory Moderator

Post by stockwellpete »

Weekly round-up
desertedfox (Egyptian) is the new leader in Division A after securing 2 victories this week in his first season at Division A level. He still faces strong challenges from harveylh (Kyrenean Greek) and the unbeaten sunnyboy (Lydian) in order to win the championship. The previous winner in the last 2 seasons, ianiow (Arab) suffered two narrow defeats this week to leave his quest for a treble looking decidedly shaky now. Just a couple of drawn matches in Division B this week which means Ulysisgrunt (Cypriot) is still looking favourite to win automatic promotion to an A division for the second time in recent seasons.

Unbeaten runs of 3 matches or more
desertedfox (Division A) 3 matches
sunnyboy (Division A) 3 matches

Match completion rate (45 matches in total to be played in each division)
Division A - 28 out of 45 matches completed :D
Division B - 17 out of 45 matches completed :D

Division A has excellent match completion while Division B is a little bit slow.

Player of the week
desertedfox (Division A) with 2 wins this week to go top of the table in his first season in the top flight. :D
Bluefin
Administrative Corporal - SdKfz 232 8Rad
Administrative Corporal - SdKfz 232 8Rad

Re: Late Antiquity: arrange your matches here . . .

Post by Bluefin »

Division D

Bluefin (Alan) vs GeneralKostas (Frank and Breton)

pw is kingfish
pm sent
stockwellpete
Field of Glory Moderator
Field of Glory Moderator

Re: Biblical: arrange your matches here . . .

Post by stockwellpete »

Biblical                                A-B charts.jpg
Biblical A-B charts.jpg (654.72 KiB) Viewed 1861 times
NikiforosFokas
Sergeant Major - SdKfz 234/2 8Rad
Sergeant Major - SdKfz 234/2 8Rad

Post by NikiforosFokas »

Div B
Challenge for paulmcneil is up. Pw 12345. Pm have sent.
For Byzantium!!
Nijis
Major - 8.8 cm FlaK 36
Major - 8.8 cm FlaK 36

Re: Early Middle Ages: winners post your results here . . .

Post by Nijis »

Div B

Nijis (Byzantine 963-987 AD) defeats IMC (Viking 780-899 AD with Frankish ally) 62 to 39.

Great asymmetrical clash between cavalry- and infantry-heavy armies on a mostly open plain. The Byzantines broke the western horse on the right flank and fell back before the advancing heavy foot on the left, but eventually the spears caught up with them and mauled the cavalry. The battle hung in the balance for a few turns, but the Byzantines' mobility allowed them to prevail once the battle lines had dissolved into scattered fights.
MikeMarchant
1st Lieutenant - Grenadier

Re: Late Antiquity; winners post your results here . . .

Post by MikeMarchant »

Division D

I don't know whether to report a win or a draw. My battle with Bluefin timed out, but the game reported a victory for me.

The scores were: 55/38. I had 10 warband, a couple of legionary units and a chariot left, while Bluefin had 5 cavalry asnd 2 light horse. I just couldn't catch him to finish him off.

I think the rules say a game that times out is a draw, and I'm happy with that - it was an epoc battle, and many thanks to Bluefin for it.

Best Wishes

Mike

(Yes, it is a draw. stockwellpete)

(2-2)
ulysisgrunt
Lieutenant Colonel - Panther D
Lieutenant Colonel - Panther D

Post by ulysisgrunt »

Division B

Ulysisgrunt(Cypriot) defeated garymann(Arab) 52-29
MikeMarchant

Post by MikeMarchant »

Division B

MikeMarchant (Elamite 815-539 BCE - Allies: Babylonian) defeated garymann (Arab 1000-313 BC1-1111) 61/38

A bright start by the Arab camels on my left flank (lots and lots of them) who seemed to disrupt everythign they spat at. A combination of tenacious chariots and obstinate cavalry eventually put them to flight collapsing the Arab right wing. The centre was dominated by Elamite infantry and cavarly, with support from heavy chariots and more light chariots, in a race for time as my right flank rapidly folded. The Arab centre, with help from troops flanking from my left crumbled dramatically, leaving me watching the Arab forces on my right flank hesitate and then join the general rout.

Great game, Gary, and bad luck. Look forward to our next.

Best Wishes

Mike
fikabo
Corporal - Strongpoint
Corporal - Strongpoint

Post by fikabo »

Division C

fikabo(Polish with Vikings) defeated GDod (Arab Conquest) 59:34

There were two hills, one on the right closer to me and the other on the left closer to GDod.
I planned to walk around the Arab hill with the main forces from behind. The rest, including many massed archers, would defend my hills.
I stupidly placed 3 light archers alone in the woods at Arab Hill and lost them.
Then clever gambit with the Arab skirmish forced me to attack at the enemy's hills.
Although at the moment I was slightly winning (about 5%) I felt that I would lose because the fight against the superior spearman attacking from hill did not bode well.
By sacrificing the general (moving him to the attacked unit), I managed to delay the disintegration of my units until the hill had been surrounded by my main forces.
An operation could go wrong but the cavalry in the woods blocked the reinforcment.

In fact, it's hard for me to say why I have won. Arabs was well commanded and this army is really very good (not in rough terrain).
I must have had some good luck in the hill battles and maybe the massed archers fire did its job.
Very interesting game.
Triarii
Lieutenant Colonel - Fw 190A
Lieutenant Colonel - Fw 190A

Re: Classical Antiquity: winners post your results here . . .

Post by Triarii »

Division A

Triarii (Carthage in Italy with Samnite allies) beat Cunningcairn (Ptolemaic with Roman Ally) 62-42

Good tough game and very close to the end - the Carthaginian cavalry struggled around a contested hill and onto the Pergamene flank before pikes and legions saw off all the Carthaginian MI.
Najanaja
Sergeant First Class - Elite Panzer IIIL

Post by Najanaja »

Challenge for GDod (Jewish) and Karvon (German Horse) vs Najanaja (Roman).
pw = 1234
oscarius
Staff Sergeant - StuG IIIF
Staff Sergeant - StuG IIIF

Post by oscarius »

Div C
oscarius (Rus) beat Ulysisgrunt (Byzantne) 62 - 46

A large swamp in the centre of the map neatly saw both sides, lacking medium infantry, divided in two with the Byzantine general sending a whole cavalry force on one side while I supported my cavalry with axemen one flank and my regular infantry on the other. The klibanophoroi, deployed with the Byzantine infantry, gave me great cause for concern but my spearwalls and huscarls managed to contain and flank them. The skutatoi ended up swarmed by spearwalls who weren't much fussed by their bow fire. A good match, those klibanophoroi especially had me scared.
bomber23
Senior Corporal - Destroyer
Senior Corporal - Destroyer

Re: Early Middle Ages; arrange your matches here . . .

Post by bomber23 »

Division D challenges for

Ki fi
Challenge1
Doyley50
Garokan
Questar17

from bomber23 paswword 1234
SimonLancaster
1st Lieutenant - 15 cm sFH 18

Post by SimonLancaster »

Div D

SLancaster (Indo-Greek 175 BC-10 AD with Indian 500 BC- 319 AD allies) defeated KiFi (Macedonian 320-261 BC with Greek ally) 52-17.

Harder fight than the score suggests. My elephants and archers did well. The centre held and I was able to turn the flank and put the enemy to flight.
YouTube channel for Field of Glory 2: Ancients and Medieval.

https://www.youtube.com/@simonlancaster1815
rbodleyscott
Field of Glory 2
Field of Glory 2

Post by rbodleyscott »

Division B

rbodleyscott (Arab Conquest) defeated batesmotel (Khorasanian with Dailami allies) 50-25

As Chris said, the Arab Veteran Spearmen amoeba seemed inexorable, shrugging off the Dailami impact and then grinding them down.

A steep hill covered with light infantry neutralised the Khorasanian left wing cavalry (though these were more of a forlorn hope than anything else, being all his lower quality units), allowing me to concentrate all of my cavalry to hold off his right wing. His elephants attacked my armoured lancers twice, but they were able to break off, and then I was able to interpose spearmen to block the elephants from doing further damage.

My cavalry were mostly slaughtered, but they bought enough time for my infantry to grab the win.

(Chris: Apologies for no message on the last turn, I had not noticed that the rout difference was 25%. It was a great game, thanks)
Richard Bodley Scott

SawyerK

Post by SawyerK »

In Division D SawyerK (Pictish with Scots) defeated Garokan (Roman with Arab) by 49 to 22. This was a hard fought match with the Picts relying on a patch of rough ground on their left flank to hold that side of battle while their right flank fought and won through a mixture of legionnaires, allies and cavalry.
SawyerK

Post by SawyerK »

Division D

SawyerK (Pictish with Scots) defeated Garokan (Roman with Arab) by 49 to 22.

This was a hard fought match with the Picts relying on a patch of rough ground on their left flank to hold that side of battle while their right flank fought and won through a mixture of legionnaires, allies and cavalry.
XLegione
2nd Lieutenant - Panzer IVF/2
2nd Lieutenant - Panzer IVF/2

Post by XLegione »

Division B

XLegione - Arab (City) 300-633 AD with Sassanid 591-628 AD ally defeated paulmcneil - Ancient British 60 BC-80 AD and Roman 24 -196 AD Ally 63%-42%

Ciao
SimonLancaster

Post by SimonLancaster »

Div D

SLancaster (Indo-Greek 175 BC-10 AD with Indian 500 BC- 319 AD allies) defeated SawyerK (Roman 199-106 BC with Spanish 300-10 BC ally). 60-41.

Very tough game. The Romans held out for a long time in the centre. It was a war of attrition and I just had enough units left at the end to push the enemy to 60%.
YouTube channel for Field of Glory 2: Ancients and Medieval.

https://www.youtube.com/@simonlancaster1815

Return to “Field of Glory II Digital League”