Battlefield: Europe MOD v2.4

A forum to discuss custom scenarios, campaigns and modding in general.

Moderators: Slitherine Core, Panzer Corps Moderators, Panzer Corps Design

Intenso82
Most Successful Mod 2017
Most Successful Mod 2017

Re: Battlefield: Europe MOD v2.0

Post by Intenso82 »

PeteMitchell_2 wrote: Tue Nov 05, 2019 6:56 am We also agreed in some house rules regardind paradrop use and not allowing direct complete air encirclement, becausr it is so unrealistic.
One can expect a reduction in losses among Axis aircraft.
In my game as Allies with McGuba, often the last sixth attack destroyed a unit. But this was not always due to chance, and then the unit was encircled.
[MOD] RUSSIA AT WAR:1941 - http://www.slitherine.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=147&t=75743
Intenso82
Most Successful Mod 2017
Most Successful Mod 2017

Post by Intenso82 »

PeteMitchell_2 wrote: Mon Nov 04, 2019 4:29 pm @Intenso82: how did you envision this result board among multiplayer players to look like?
I think it may look like a table in google.
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... sp=sharing

In which you can record and watch the result.
There is also a description as I assume that often the game may not be brought to an end, so the consent of both sides is necessary.
There is also information about the length of the game, links to AAR :) (if available) and there is a field in which you can leave feedback or a link to a post with comments on the forum.
Or a few links.

I asked Keen about the results of the games with Uhu and added them.
If someone have any suggestions or need to change something, write me.
Also this table is available for comment for everyone.

I also added the Scores board tab.
But her goal, in my opinion, is not to find the strongest player,
so that you can find an opponent for multiplayer and see how experenced he is in the game, how many games he played.
Until I found a way to update it automatically when entering the results of the game, only manual updating.

At the same time, everyone players can use the Google Forms to add game results.
https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIp ... w/viewform

And players themselves can add results to this table.
If you need to edit something, you can leave a comment there or write to me.

There is the opportunity to add to the list of games that have not yet ended. Game Status - In progress...
Perhaps this will come in handy, since the game can go on for several months. And after that players can add the final results of the game.

Well, so far it is clear from the statistics that all victories were won by the Allies and so far there has not been a single Draw.
Although versions 1.94 and 2.0 are different.
Let's see if some Axis player changes that. :D
[MOD] RUSSIA AT WAR:1941 - http://www.slitherine.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=147&t=75743
McGuba
Colonel - Ju 88A
Colonel - Ju 88A

Post by McGuba »

Intenso82 wrote: Tue Nov 05, 2019 8:10 am
PeteMitchell_2 wrote: Tue Nov 05, 2019 6:56 am We also agreed in some house rules regardind paradrop use and not allowing direct complete air encirclement, becausr it is so unrealistic.
In my game as Allies with McGuba, often the last sixth attack destroyed a unit. But this was not always due to chance, and then the unit was encircled.
I think both sides can benefit from this house rule. In our games whichever side had more air units at any given theatre he could achieve total air superiority only by fully encircling all the enemy air units and then just shoot them down one by one. Or he could do the same even during winter and then wait until those hapless enemy air units run out of fuel. Then all you have to do is to gather most of your air units at any part of the map and suffocate the enemy air power in a few turns with little effort. So at some point we ended up gathering large air forces and move them around like a big circus, trying to encircle the enemy fleet. I think it is a silly mechanic and very unrealistic. Ideally, maybe air units should be able to fly thourgh each other to avoid this, but since it is not possible to mod it I guess it is a good idea to use this house rule in multiplayer.
ImageImage
slitherine.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=147&t=47985
slitherine.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=147&t=36969
PeteMitchell
Major-General - Tiger I
Major-General - Tiger I

Post by PeteMitchell »

Question could be if the weather makes a difference, i.e. no full encirclement during bad weather only or at any weather (incl. sunshine)?
Comprehensive Battlefield Europe AAR:
http://www.slitherine.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=145&t=86481
PeteMitchell
Major-General - Tiger I
Major-General - Tiger I

Post by PeteMitchell »

Intenso82 wrote: Tue Nov 05, 2019 8:25 am
PeteMitchell_2 wrote: Mon Nov 04, 2019 4:29 pm @Intenso82: how did you envision this result board among multiplayer players to look like?
I think it may look like a table in google.
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... sp=sharing

In which you can record and watch the result.
There is also a description as I assume that often the game may not be brought to an end, so the consent of both sides is necessary.
There is also information about the length of the game, links to AAR :) (if available) and there is a field in which you can leave feedback or a link to a post with comments on the forum.
Or a few links.

I asked Keen about the results of the games with Uhu and added them.
If someone have any suggestions or need to change something, write me.
Also this table is available for comment for everyone.

I also added the Scores board tab.
But her goal, in my opinion, is not to find the strongest player,
so that you can find an opponent for multiplayer and see how experenced he is in the game, how many games he played.
Until I found a way to update it automatically when entering the results of the game, only manual updating.

At the same time, everyone players can use the Google Forms to add game results.
https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIp ... w/viewform

And players themselves can add results to this table.
If you need to edit something, you can leave a comment there or write to me.

There is the opportunity to add to the list of games that have not yet ended. Game Status - In progress...
Perhaps this will come in handy, since the game can go on for several months. And after that players can add the final results of the game.

Well, so far it is clear from the statistics that all victories were won by the Allies and so far there has not been a single Draw.
Although versions 1.94 and 2.0 are different.
Let's see if some Axis player changes that. :D
Nice, I like it a lot. Simple and effective... AARs or just uploading replays would be wonderful of course...

Do you think there is a simple way to record key loss/casualties numbers (not only ratios I mean), e.g. infantry, tanks, fighters (and/or anything else?)

Would also be cool if people could give some ideas/hints on strategies that worked for them but then we are almost back to brief AARs already.

I wonder how many people have tried BE MP already by now?
Intenso82
Most Successful Mod 2017
Most Successful Mod 2017

Post by Intenso82 »

PeteMitchell_2 wrote: Tue Nov 05, 2019 5:56 pm
Question could be if the weather makes a difference, i.e. no full encirclement during bad weather only or at any weather (incl. sunshine)?
As we know, the aviation encirclement does not work 100% in bad weather.
Air units have the opportunity to escape from the encirclement if their own ground units do not see the enemy air units of the ring.
Which theoretically means that the surrounded air units can get out if the weather is bad and they are in enemy territory.
McGuba wrote: Tue Nov 05, 2019 9:10 am I think it is a silly mechanic and very unrealistic. Ideally, maybe air units should be able to fly thourgh each other to avoid this, but since it is not possible to mod it I guess it is a good idea to use this house rule in multiplayer.
What about air ambushes? :)
This feature impressed me more and from ambushes I probably lost more units than from air encirclement.
But the Panzer Corps is interesting in that counter tactics can be found against both of these tactics.

It seems that this is a game feature or bug. :)
And I agree that air units in bad weather should have free movement.
And in good weather, bombers should not be an obstacle to the passage of other air units.
At the same time, fighters should be able to arrange air ambushes.
Intenso82
Most Successful Mod 2017
Most Successful Mod 2017

Post by Intenso82 »

PeteMitchell_2 wrote: Tue Nov 05, 2019 6:00 pm Nice, I like it a lot. Simple and effective... AARs or just uploading replays would be wonderful of course...
Yes, it remains to start using it.
For someone to add his game with Uhu with status - In progress :lol:
And after the end added the result.

Replays do not work on such large scenario.
They are already in the panzer corps rather not work well.
PeteMitchell_2 wrote: Tue Nov 05, 2019 6:00 pm Do you think there is a simple way to record key loss/casualties numbers (not only ratios I mean), e.g. infantry, tanks, fighters (and/or anything else?)
Screenshots?
PeteMitchell_2 wrote: Tue Nov 05, 2019 6:00 pm Would also be cool if people could give some ideas/hints on strategies that worked for them but then we are almost back to brief AARs already.
To do this, players can create a topic in the AAR section.
It is not necessary to do a complete AAR, just a couple of posts with fixing the result. It can also be a place for discussion and questions.
PeteMitchell_2 wrote: Tue Nov 05, 2019 6:00 pm I wonder how many people have tried BE MP already by now?
I know five people with you :)
If you add your game with Uhu through the form, there is a chance more people will know about it :D

ps.
By the way, I still had the idea that through the form it would be possible for the player to declare about himself that there is a desire to play in multiplayer.
Something like Status request game. To find another opponent to play.
But I don’t know whether to add such an item to the form.
This will already resemble old Bulletin Board Systems(BBS). Or not?)
PeteMitchell
Major-General - Tiger I
Major-General - Tiger I

Post by PeteMitchell »

Intenso82 wrote: Tue Nov 05, 2019 8:05 pm For someone to add his game with Uhu with status - In progress
OK, if I put "in progress" it still requires the number of turns to victory... I don't want to be over-optimistic for any side though :mrgreen:
Intenso82 wrote: Tue Nov 05, 2019 8:05 pm PeteMitchell_2 wrote: ↑Tue, 5 Nov 2019, 19:00
I wonder how many people have tried BE MP already by now?
I know five people with you
If you add your game with Uhu through the form, there is a chance more people will know about it
I know oladelmar and Hassanka (long time ago, MP was still in kind of "beta" back then) were interested, too.
Intenso82 wrote: Tue Nov 05, 2019 8:05 pm ps.
By the way, I still had the idea that through the form it would be possible for the player to declare about himself that there is a desire to play in multiplayer.
Something like Status request game. To find another opponent to play.
But I don’t know whether to add such an item to the form.
This will already resemble old Bulletin Board Systems(BBS). Or not?)
I am a bit undecided here, maybe it's just easier to create a separate forum thread for it and people can just put their interest there, i.e. by leaving a comment/reply?

Would you want to keep the link to this google doc file here in the long BE thread (at the risk of it getting buried) or create an additional new separate thread as well by the way? People could post their interest for new matches there as well potentially?
Uhu
Colonel - Fallschirmjäger

Post by Uhu »

[dequote=Intenso82 post_id=813511 time=1572941452 user_id=106812]
[/quote]

True, but you can see, if an encircling hasvthe goal to destroy the given aircraft, or starve it from fuel and let them just crash.
Uhu

Post by Uhu »

Intenso82 wrote: Tue Nov 05, 2019 7:45 pm
PeteMitchell_2 wrote: Tue Nov 05, 2019 5:56 pm
As we know, the aviation encirclement does not work 100% in bad weather.
Air units have the opportunity to escape from the encirclement if their own ground units do not see the enemy air units of the ring.
Which theoretically means that the surrounded air units can get out if the weather is bad and they are in enemy territory.
McGuba wrote: Tue Nov 05, 2019 9:10 am I think it is a silly mechanic and very unrealistic. Ideally, maybe air units should be able to fly thourgh each other to avoid this, but since it is not possible to mod it I guess it is a good idea to use this house rule in multiplayer.
What about air ambushes? :)
This feature impressed me more and from ambushes I probably lost more units than from air encirclement.
But the Panzer Corps is interesting in that counter tactics can be found against both of these tactics.

It seems that this is a game feature or bug. :)
And I agree that air units in bad weather should have free movement.
And in good weather, bombers should not be an obstacle to the passage of other air units.
At the same time, fighters should be able to arrange air ambushes.
Yes, this seems to be a fair solution. Although air ambushes are for me also a little shady.
Intenso82
Most Successful Mod 2017
Most Successful Mod 2017

Post by Intenso82 »

PeteMitchell_2 wrote: Tue Nov 05, 2019 8:23 pm OK, if I put "in progress" it still requires the number of turns to victory... I don't want to be over-optimistic for any side though :mrgreen:
You can try again. Now the number of turns is an optional parameter. Although you could enter any character, for example "-".
PeteMitchell_2 wrote: Tue Nov 05, 2019 8:23 pm Would you want to keep the link to this google doc file here in the long BE thread (at the risk of it getting buried) or create an additional new separate thread as well by the way? People could post their interest for new matches there as well potentially?
Actually, I don’t know. It is worth considering other opinions.
It seems to me that a separate thread will be buried faster?
And the main thread is periodically updated.
PeteMitchell
Major-General - Tiger I
Major-General - Tiger I

Post by PeteMitchell »

Intenso82 wrote: Wed Nov 06, 2019 2:08 pm It seems to me that a separate thread will be buried faster?
And the main thread is periodically updated.
This is also true... Yes, maybe one way to do it could be to bring the link forward in the main thread once in a while, I agree... :D
PeteMitchell
Major-General - Tiger I
Major-General - Tiger I

Post by PeteMitchell »

Intenso82 wrote: Wed Nov 06, 2019 2:08 pm
PeteMitchell_2 wrote: Tue Nov 05, 2019 8:23 pm OK, if I put "in progress" it still requires the number of turns to victory... I don't want to be over-optimistic for any side though :mrgreen:
You can try again. Now the number of turns is an optional parameter. Although you could enter any character, for example "-".
Thanks, yes it is working now, I just put it in. The standard formatting in the table (with data entry via a form) seems left aligned, could that be? ...and would it also be possible to udpate the data set via the same form as well (i.e. to complete/overwrite it) or would this only be possible manually via you now? Thanks!

One more question regarding the two links, i.e. for doc and entry form:
Do you think it would be possible to include the links (in a php forum post) in a way so that they open in a separate browser tab (or window) maybe?
Right now they seem to open in the same tab, so you kind of "lose" the BE forum thread page (as I am not sure you can click back after you have submitted the form?)...
Intenso82
Most Successful Mod 2017
Most Successful Mod 2017

Post by Intenso82 »

PeteMitchell_2 wrote: Wed Nov 06, 2019 8:44 pm The standard formatting in the table (with data entry via a form) seems left aligned, could that be?
For some reason, this happens by default. :roll:
Although the Google document is set to align to the center.
Then I have to manually align :|
PeteMitchell_2 wrote: Wed Nov 06, 2019 8:44 pm and would it also be possible to udpate the data set via the same form as well (i.e. to complete/overwrite it) or would this only be possible manually via you now? Thanks!
I have not yet figured out if there are any scripts in Google Doc. Therefore, now in manual mode. After adding full results. I can manually delete the intermediate record and add the result to the Scores board. :)
But I think this is not a big job. Games last a considerable time.
Just in case, I gave access to editing table to McGuba (but don’t know if he checked it). I can also give editing access to anyone who wants to help in this process. In order to distribute control and not to be lost in unforeseen cases.
PeteMitchell_2 wrote: Wed Nov 06, 2019 8:44 pm One more question regarding the two links, i.e. for doc and entry form:
Do you think it would be possible to include the links (in a php forum post) in a way so that they open in a separate browser tab (or window) maybe?
Right now they seem to open in the same tab, so you kind of "lose" the BE forum thread page (as I am not sure you can click back after you have submitted the form?)...
I did not think about that.
Because usually I open links in the browser through the right mouse button - open in a new tab :)
But if you use ctrl + left click will be the same result. :)
PeteMitchell
Major-General - Tiger I
Major-General - Tiger I

Post by PeteMitchell »

PeteMitchell_2 wrote: Mon Oct 28, 2019 5:35 pm
Intenso82 wrote: Mon Oct 28, 2019 3:00 pm
PeteMitchell_2 wrote: Fri Oct 25, 2019 7:11 pm By the way, Uhu and I started a multiplayer game as well, I am a bit delayed due to my recent trip but we have started! :mrgreen:
Hopefully, we can share some observations soon as well ... :D 8)
Good news! Will there be an AAR?
I know about the game of Uhu and Keen.
And which side are you playing for? Or its a pair game?
Thanks! AAR could be a good idea but we are not there yet... I was even too busy to play much yet... :lol:
Uhu started as Axis, I am playing Allies... maybe we change sides later, not sure yet... 8)
Just a quick heads-up, so we are down 20 turns and you can tell that Uhu has played PzC and especially this BE mod several (hundred?) times more often than I have (or maybe already even more often than I ever will) :mrgreen:... I think Uhu is really good... from an Allies perspective: Moscow lost quickly, Kiev encirclement kind of delayed/avoided for a while... North Africa big mess from the get-go...

BE MP is great fun though!
Anyone else out there who wants to play another game?
Uhu

Post by Uhu »

...and still, PeteMitchell_2 offers a strong defense and could destroy many of my worthy units (panzers, fighters, etc.) with good strategy!
I would suggest anyone, who played not yet multi, or/and the Allied side, to play both sides with yourself in hotseat mode: you can learn a lot of by this way! One that you see, what and how many and when the Allied reinforcements will be available, second, you learn how to play with the Allies. I did not yet played Allied against human opponent and honestly, I do want to play one side at a time, but later I will be glad to try out the Allied side too.
PeteMitchell
Major-General - Tiger I
Major-General - Tiger I

Post by PeteMitchell »

Learning of the day: in MP, it seems possible to somehow upgrade some of the SU Army units!
PeteMitchell
Major-General - Tiger I
Major-General - Tiger I

Post by PeteMitchell »

Just out of fun (and as a sneak preview), here is the casualties/loss screen at turn 26 from the MP game of Uhu and me... maybe some will recognize the intensity of the fighting... :mrgreen:

(I believe I was too aggressive in the beginning and my Allied losses are too high, by the way...)

Casualties Turn 26 End of Allied Turn.jpg
Casualties Turn 26 End of Allied Turn.jpg (44.89 KiB) Viewed 3257 times
PeteMitchell
Major-General - Tiger I
Major-General - Tiger I

Post by PeteMitchell »

As we haven't yet started a separate AAR for our MP game, I just felt like sharing another casualties overview here, I hope you don't mind... We may post some more information later, too... :mrgreen:

Any thoughts or comments are welcome of course :D

Casualties Turn 35 End of Allied Turn.jpg
Casualties Turn 35 End of Allied Turn.jpg (48.29 KiB) Viewed 3080 times
Intenso82
Most Successful Mod 2017
Most Successful Mod 2017

Post by Intenso82 »

PeteMitchell_2 wrote: Wed Nov 20, 2019 2:50 pm As we haven't yet started a separate AAR for our MP game, I just felt like sharing another casualties overview here, I hope you don't mind... We may post some more information later, too... :mrgreen:

Any thoughts or comments are welcome of course :D
I can compare with my game for the Allies some losses are similar, some are different.
I see higher losses among infantry and transport, so I can assume that the Axis reached the frozen Soviet units on the banks of the Volga. They managed to unfreeze and join the battle?
I also note that the Allies were able to shoot down 4 Axis fighters. Much more than I could in my game for the Allies with McGuba (there were only two).

Return to “Panzer Corps : Scenario Design”