Unable to load saves

Herz
Lance Corporal - Panzer IA

Unable to load saves

Post by Herz »

"Failed to load file. Check the campaign is still installed."

Is the error I keep getting when trying to continue campaign or load a save. Tried deleting and renaming the sanctus folder in my documents to regenerate a new one and no luck.
Read a few other threads on this issue and that seemed to be the fix for everyone, but no dice on my end. Tried repairing the game and etc and still unable to load saves.
Which, is a bummer since I'm pretty deep in the 2nd campaign.

Tried uninstalling, reinstalling to a different hard drive and still no luck.

I can create and load campaign editor levels I've made but thats about it.
pipfromslitherine
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Unable to load saves

Post by pipfromslitherine »

Assuming these are saves for the core game campaigns that is very odd. What version of the game are you running (Slitherine/Steam/etc)?

Try checking the contents of the error.log file after an unsuccessful attempt to see if it provides more detail on why it can't find the campaign.

Cheers

Pip
follow me on Twitter here
Herz

Post by Herz »

pipfromslitherine wrote: Thu Oct 24, 2019 3:39 pm Assuming these are saves for the core game campaigns that is very odd. What version of the game are you running (Slitherine/Steam/etc)?

Try checking the contents of the error.log file after an unsuccessful attempt to see if it provides more detail on why it can't find the campaign.

Cheers

Pip
Currently running the Steam bundle that was on sale with all the DLC.

I forgot to also mention the message I get is just a pop up in the game itself and not an actual error or crash.

Contents of the error.log

20191024_174525
VER:10000 BUILD:10009
PLATFORM: WINDOWS
WinVer:6.1.7601.18015
0: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080
CPU String: AuthenticAMD
Model = 2
Family = 15
Extended family = 6
CLFLUSH cache line size = 64
CPU Brand String: AMD FX(tm)-8350 Eight-Core Processor
Cache Size = 2048K
Found DirectX Version Number: 4.09.00.0904
Creating Device.....
MonkeyInitStart
MIS: Found DD
MIS: IsHW
MIS: SetCoop
MIS: Setting Disp Mode
MIS: Done Init 3D Device
MIS: Tex Enum
MIS: SDRS
MIS: Init Decal Render
TS: Start
TS: IAPSent
TS: UILoaded
INITIAL LOAD 2782
TS: BattleObj
TS: Managers
TS: BFBB
TS: LT
TS: InitDLUI
TS: Messages
TS: Ended
RequestStats - failed, 2
LOADTIME: 0
KERNEL MEMORY CHECKING IS **OFF**

I cleared the original and kept a copy just incase, that way I could try to narrow it down and get the message popup to see if it would show up on the log.

Its def an odd one. I can play through the campaign's fine until I save and try to re-load.
Herz

Post by Herz »

One thing I've also noticed.

I was able to download all the user made campaigns and I'm able to save and load in them.

I checked and noticed they installed the campaigns in my My Games/SANCTUS/Campaigns folder, but none of the single player campaigns are there, but instead in the Steam folder for Sanctus Reach. I tried copying them over from that to the My Games/Sanctus/Campaigns folder hoping that would help but no luck.

Tried uninstalling, reinstalling, verifying game cache, different hard drives, running as admin and all sorts of ways I could think of this being fixed but no luck.
pipfromslitherine
Site Admin
Site Admin

Well that is very odd. Is there some Steam setting which gets it to treat the Steam folder as your local folder?

To confirm, you are saying that you downloaded the user campaigns and they appeared in your Steam folder?

Cheers

Pip
Herz

Post by Herz »

They did not appear in my steam folder. They appeared in the MyGames/SANCTUS/Campaigns folder
pipfromslitherine
Site Admin
Site Admin

OK - so that is all working as it should. Can you please post the top (say) 20 lines from one of the save games. You can open any LSF file with any text editor.

Cheers

Pip
Herz

Post by Herz »

DISPLAYNAME 6
TYPE 0
FILTER 1
CARRYMISSION SAVIOURSOFSACREDMOUNTAIN
SAVENAME 6300000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000
AUTO 1
ISAUTO FALSE
CAMPAIGN ::CAMPAIGNS/HOUROFTHEWOLF

[CAMPAIGN]
V_SC_MISSION_197 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0
V_SC_MISSION_44 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0
V_SC_MISSION_52 1 0 0 0 0 0 0 0
V_SC_MISSION_124 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0
V_SC_MISSION_93 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0
V_SC_MISSION_119 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0
V_SC_MISSION_137 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0
V_SC_MISSION_228 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0
V_SC_MISSION_232 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0
V_SC_MISSION_79 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0
V_SC_MISSION_22 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0
Herz

Post by Herz »

pipfromslitherine wrote: Fri Oct 25, 2019 7:08 pm OK - so that is all working as it should. Can you please post the top (say) 20 lines from one of the save games. You can open any LSF file with any text editor.

Cheers

Pip
Okay, so I tried something. I moved my contents of my Campaign folder from the Steam folder to the My Games one, I also went in and edited the save file to have the path be from that folder and it seems to work.

So, if I edit each save I can go back and load them O.o

But I changed the path from
CAMPAIGN ::CAMPAIGNS/HOUROFTHEWOLF
to
CAMPAIGN /My Games/SANCTUS/CAMPAIGNS/HOUROFTHEWOLF

after transferring over my Campaigns folder and it loads just fine and is playable.

This is super odd
pipfromslitherine
Site Admin
Site Admin

The only way that the savegame ends up looking like that is if the campaign it was saved from was in the user folder, it does a comparison on the path before it tags the save. Removing the :: is all that is necessary to have to look in the game folder rather than the local campaigns folder. Have you got a strange placement for your Documents folder?

Cheers

Pip
Herz

Post by Herz »

pipfromslitherine wrote: Fri Oct 25, 2019 8:56 pm The only way that the savegame ends up looking like that is if the campaign it was saved from was in the user folder, it does a comparison on the path before it tags the save. Removing the :: is all that is necessary to have to look in the game folder rather than the local campaigns folder. Have you got a strange placement for your Documents folder?

Cheers

Pip
I do not. It's in the first area of the hard drive it's installed to. Tried deleting it and having it create a new one with no luck.

Gonna give removing the :: a shot and see if the saves will also load. I'm happy I found a workaround for now because I really enjoy the game 😅
trimtrab

Post by trimtrab »

I had the same problem, and even when I had copies of my old campaign saves, nothing would bring back my old saves. I must of restarted the second part of the wolves campaign three times. I'd get so far and then something would delete my saves (updates?) It almost ruined the game for me. I've restarted it again, but I'm not holding my breath. I'm gutted because you have a great game here.
VPaulus
Slitherine
Slitherine

Post by VPaulus »

Do you have Microsoft OneDrive , Google Drive or any cloud system installed?
These might be moving the files from your Windows documents folder to the cloud.
trimtrab

Post by trimtrab »

I had one drive and cloud, but I deleted them to avoid confusion. I found old saves and put them into my save file, but nothing came up when I tried to load them.
pipfromslitherine
Site Admin
Site Admin

I am not clear what you mean when you say nothing came up. That the saves did not show in the list, that they failed to load, etc?

Cheers

Pip

Return to “Sanctus Reach Tech Support”