New TT Mod version 1.5.18 now available!

Field of Glory II is a turn-based tactical game set during the Rise of Rome from 280 BC to 25 BC.
stefankollers
Corporal - Strongpoint
Corporal - Strongpoint

Re: New TT Mod version 1.5.18 now available!

Post by stefankollers »

Hi superb mod as usual. Although tried out the AngloDanish Army from the list. The Banners seem to be Roman. LEC III Gallacia......Possible bug ? Unfortunately I dont know how to do a screenshot or how to upload it, to show you, anyway maybe Ihave done something wrong my end. I have deletated your previous version before downloading the new one.
julianbarker
Sergeant - Panzer IIC
Sergeant - Panzer IIC

Post by julianbarker »

The banners show a boar when I try the Anglo Danish, not Roman at all.

As for the screenshot - just press print screen on your keyboard. The image file will appear in the Screen folder in the FOG2 folder in My Games.

Use the full editor and add the image as an attachment inline using the buttons at the bottom when you compose a message. You may need to resize the image - the forum doesn't very large images.
lapdog666
Sergeant First Class - Panzer IIIL

Post by lapdog666 »

TT mod challenge issued Seleucid vs romans and more

challenge issuer lapdog666 (check description)
Paul59
General - King Tiger
General - King Tiger

Post by Paul59 »

stefankollers wrote: Sat Sep 07, 2019 4:48 pm Hi superb mod as usual. Although tried out the AngloDanish Army from the list. The Banners seem to be Roman. LEC III Gallacia......Possible bug ? Unfortunately I dont know how to do a screenshot or how to upload it, to show you, anyway maybe Ihave done something wrong my end. I have deletated your previous version before downloading the new one.
Actually you are quite right, this is a bug that crept in at the very last moment.

I was caught out by one of the changes in the last official update; the Anglo Danish side name was changed to Anglo Danish instead of Anglo Saxon, and I updated the TT Mod army list to show this, not realising that I had not put the new Anglo Danish side name into the TT Mod banner file. The result is that the game displays the Roman banners for the Anglo Danish, this happens whenever the game cannot find the correct banners for the Side name.

I will correct for the next update, but I don't understand why Julian is seeing the correct flags?
Field of Glory II Scenario Designer - Age of Belisarius, Rise of Persia, Wolves at the Gate and Swifter than Eagles.

Field of Glory II Medieval Scenario Designer.

FOGII TT Mod Creator

Warhammer 40,000: Sanctus Reach Tournament Scenario Designer.
stefankollers
Corporal - Strongpoint
Corporal - Strongpoint

Post by stefankollers »

Thanks for replying. Actually in the middle of re-installing game, having downloaded the Custom battles mod twice, thinking the problem was at my end, I dont usually follow instructions very well, so my wife had a go only to get the same result. Glad you have taken the trouble to have a look. Mod is your usual high standard with extra units and great textures..Pity the devs dont incorporate this superb piece of work into the main build.

Anyway look forward to your next update.
julianbarker
Sergeant - Panzer IIC
Sergeant - Panzer IIC

Post by julianbarker »

Mystery solved. I thought I had correctly the TT Mod Custom Battles, but it looks like I didn't. I must have just selected it in the RH list and then chosen Anglo Danish without hitting Launch. When done properly I see the amended army list and the Roman banners.
choppinlt
Master Sergeant - Bf 109E
Master Sergeant - Bf 109E

Post by choppinlt »

Paul59, all I want to say is THANK YOU for this mod, it is simply beautiful! :D I have been a big fan of the TT Mod for several months, but I havnt taken the time to thank you yet. I cut my teeth TT gaming with ancients. While I still do some TT gaming, FOG2 with your work really scratches an itch. I have a number of TT armies and use the Little Big Men shield decals (they're simply awesome...shout out to Stephan Hales), but this is far less time consuming and less expensive!

Thanks again! 8)
Sennacherib
Staff Sergeant - StuG IIIF
Staff Sergeant - StuG IIIF

Post by Sennacherib »

any chance that one day it will be include in the original game even as a DLC ?
MarkShot

Post by MarkShot »

Paul,

Yes, thank you. The spirit of modding is a very refreshing counter-balance to companies ... that build business models around nickel and dime-ing a customer base:

* You want a breast plate, $5 please.

* You want blood, $5 please.

* You want variant facial expressions, $5 please.

I don't know if I can call myself a modder (as I have no graphic arts skills, but I know programming well):

* I have released 100 page games guides with a 0.5M downloads.

* I have released a co-program (didn't patch) the game which added map hot spots for an operational warfare game.

* I have released a co-program edge scroll for a popular tank sim which didn't have it.

* I have fixed a crashing bug in the most popular mod for an FPS, because I know how to script changing 10,000 files in seconds.

Never did I think of charging. The reward was to share my love of my hobby and with others who felt the same.

---

So, it is refreshing in this new age of publisher greed (NOTE: I am NOT referring to Slitherine/Matrix) that gamers give so generously to the community.

Thank you.
Dux Limitis
Sergeant Major - Armoured Train
Sergeant Major - Armoured Train

Post by Dux Limitis »

Holy moly,they really should let you into the devs' group,then we could see more units in the official game,no need to download the mod.
TheGrayMouser
General - Carrier
General - Carrier

Post by TheGrayMouser »

Hey Paul, I Just downloaded this fantastic mod. Unfortunately I am getting a fatal error message

Sorry I cannot screenprint it, I've tried F2 and the print key, nothing seems to work with the "windows error box" superimposed on the game...

However it reads: Unhandled Exception 0xC0000005 Expflags:
0 Expaddress: 0x6B255E37

I have tried to narrow down when this occurs and it appears exclusive to the Roman lists ( at least when played as human). It can happed during the unit selection field, or at deployment...
Paul59
General - King Tiger
General - King Tiger

Post by Paul59 »

TheGrayMouser wrote: Sun Sep 29, 2019 3:34 pm Hey Paul, I Just downloaded this fantastic mod. Unfortunately I am getting a fatal error message

Sorry I cannot screenprint it, I've tried F2 and the print key, nothing seems to work with the "windows error box" superimposed on the game...

However it reads: Unhandled Exception 0xC0000005 Expflags:
0 Expaddress: 0x6B255E37

I have tried to narrow down when this occurs and it appears exclusive to the Roman lists ( at least when played as human). It can happed during the unit selection field, or at deployment...
Hi GrayMouser,

I am sorry to hear you having problems with the mod.

Do you know exactly which Roman list you were trying to play with, or was it several of them? Which version of the mod were you using; SP Custom battles, Campaigns, or MP Custom battles?

I have just loaded the Roman 219 - 200 BC list on my build of the TT Mod (Sp Custom Battles), and it worked perfectly. I also suspect that if there was a major problem with the Roman lists this issue would have been reported several times already. All that leads me to believe that this may be due to a faulty download. With previous versions of the TT Mod several problems, similar to yours, have been reported, and they all turned out to be due to a faulty download. With such a large download there are more chances that something will be corrupted. So maybe try downloading the mod again.

cheers

Paul
Field of Glory II Scenario Designer - Age of Belisarius, Rise of Persia, Wolves at the Gate and Swifter than Eagles.

FOGII TT Mod Creator

JC_von_Preussen
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38

Post by JC_von_Preussen »

Hello and thank you for the mod !
The Custom battles modules now includes my Wars of the Diadochi Epic Battles collection. I have indicated the scenario difficulty level which most closely matches the reported historical situation of each battle in the introduction. However you can still play at other levels to give yourself an appropriate challenge. The battles are; Defeat of Leonnatus, Crannon, The Hellespont, Orcynia, Cretopolis, Paraitakene, Gabiene, Gaza, Ipsus and Corupedium. To find these select Epic Battles and they will be within the TT Mod Custom Battles 1.5.18 module. The three battles most suitable for MP play; Orcynia, Paraitakene and Gabiene are available under TT Mod Multiplayer 1.5.18.
What do I exactly need to download to be able to play ALL of the epic battle in mp ? I'm a bit confused.
Thank you in advance !
JC
Paul59
General - King Tiger
General - King Tiger

Post by Paul59 »

If you want to play the MP versions of Orcynia, Paraitakene and Gabiene all you need is the TT Mod Multiplayer version.

I did not make MP versions of the other scenarios.

FOGII TT Mod Creator

JC_von_Preussen
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38

Post by JC_von_Preussen »

Paul59 wrote: Mon Sep 30, 2019 6:58 pm If you want to play the MP versions of Orcynia, Paraitakene and Gabiene all you need is the TT Mod Multiplayer version.

I did not make MP versions of the other scenarios.
Thank you, this is very clear to me now.

I tried the first three epic battles. I watched Kings and generals beforehand, and I loved it. Good job !
The battle with Krateros might have used scripted mecanics (in a better world) so that he could capture Macedonian units...
Paul59
General - King Tiger
General - King Tiger

Post by Paul59 »

I've just noticed a bug with the Khazar Guard alternate texture. It's caused by a bit of a mismatch with the main game files. It's far too complicated to explain what has happened, but if it is not fixed by the next main game update, I will have to do something to fix it myself in a future TT Mod update.

FOGII TT Mod Creator

FightingPoultry
Corporal - Strongpoint
Corporal - Strongpoint

Post by FightingPoultry »

sorry to be dim - but how do you play this in MP - in multiplayer i try to accept games , but it says i dont have the scenario SKIRMISH - yet i dont see skirmish in the list of user scenario dl section .
Paul59
General - King Tiger
General - King Tiger

Post by Paul59 »

FightingPoultry wrote: Thu Nov 14, 2019 9:01 pm sorry to be dim - but how do you play this in MP - in multiplayer i try to accept games , but it says i dont have the scenario SKIRMISH - yet i dont see skirmish in the list of user scenario dl section .
Make sure you have downloaded the MP version of the TT Mod, and precisely follow the installation instructions from the first post. If you have done all that and it still does not work, you may have a corrupted download, so delete the mod and download it again. This has happened a few times with the TT Mod, I think the problem is that it is such a large mod it can sometimes have problems when downloading it.

FOGII TT Mod Creator

MarkShot

Post by MarkShot »

Can this be used with version 1.5.21 of the game?

Thanks.
rbodleyscott
Field of Glory 2
Field of Glory 2

Post by rbodleyscott »

MarkShot wrote: Fri Nov 15, 2019 6:18 am Can this be used with version 1.5.21 of the game?

Thanks.
Yes
Richard Bodley Scott

Return to “Field of Glory II”