The Dustbin

Moderator: Field of Glory 2 Tournaments Managers

Nosy_Rat
Administrative Corporal - SdKfz 232 8Rad

Re: Late Antiquity; winners post your results here . . .

Post by Nosy_Rat » Sun Nov 24, 2019 9:42 pm

Division A

Nosy_Rat (Huns) defeats klayeckles (Arabs) 50-19.

Geffalrus
Sergeant Major - SdKfz 234/2 8Rad

Re: Classical Antiquity: winners post your results here . . .

Post by Geffalrus » Mon Nov 25, 2019 1:07 am

MikeC_81 wrote:
Sun Nov 24, 2019 8:47 pm
LoL, still gotta find a way to beat Geffalrus and pick up a win between Triarii and Harvey. I wouldn't call that a good chance. :lol:
On the other hand, here I am playing the guy who uploads FoG 2 tutorials to youtube, so if I get styled-on, the whole world is gonna see it. :lol:

Geffalrus

Post by Geffalrus » Mon Nov 25, 2019 1:17 am

klayeckles wrote:
Sun Nov 24, 2019 8:43 pm
Division A

Klayeckles (Arab) 52 beat Geffalrus (Byzantine) 27

a wild battle where the byzantines took a central hill early but paid a steep price taking it. it looked over for them, but then the arab elephants pursued routers and exposed a flank. soon the elephants were rampaging thru the arab ranks--causing several troops to falter. in just minutes the battle swung wildly in favor of the byzantines. But the arabs weren't finished. they set up a massive missile barrage against the troops on the hill, and soon the byzantine hill was surrounded on all sides. several break out attempts by the byzantine lancers failed, while the dismounted lancers faced greater numbers and local outflanks on another side. the battle finally ended when the arab cav penetrated and began cutting into the flanks. GG and crazy. we had about a 25pt swing in one turn!
He's not wrong, it was a crazy game. Here's me taking the hill and getting tired of his massed archers dropping volleys on me. His elephants eye my lancer flanks hungrily.....
Screen_00000010.jpg
Screen_00000010.jpg (530.25 KiB) Viewed 353 times
Byzantines strike back! Don't call it a comeback, I been here for-
Screen_00000022.jpg
Screen_00000022.jpg (531.84 KiB) Viewed 353 times
-oh, nevermind, here's the high water mark before everything gets flanked. GG Klay - real fun contest all around. :D
Screen_00000036.jpg
Screen_00000036.jpg (529.47 KiB) Viewed 353 times

sunnyboy
Administrative Corporal - SdKfz 251/1
Administrative Corporal - SdKfz  251/1

Re: Biblical: winners post your results here . . .

Post by sunnyboy » Mon Nov 25, 2019 1:54 pm

Division A

The Lydian Civil War, Sunnyboy (Lydian with Greek ally) defeated Morkin the Free (Lydian), 51-25

With some woodland guarding one of my flanks, Morkin's Lydian B team was unwilling to advance on the A teams defensive line and risk any hidden surprises from the woods. After a short lull the A team advanced towards the right while refusing the left flank. The B team response was naturally to advance on their right while refusing the left flank. As the axis of the battle lines pivoted the B team was having the best of the fight catching a number of skirmishers and one tardy unit of raw hoplites, ruthlessly putting them to the sword and lance. However the more numerous B cavalry was somewhat delayed by this. As the two battle lines clashed, the A teams larger infantry line gained the ascendancy and secured a win before the enemies more numerous horse could impact the fight.

Thanks for a good game Morkin.

sunnyboy
Administrative Corporal - SdKfz 251/1
Administrative Corporal - SdKfz  251/1

Re: Biblical: arrange your matches here . . .

Post by sunnyboy » Mon Nov 25, 2019 2:06 pm

Div A

sunnyboy - Lydian 687-551 BC with Greek 680-551 BC ally challenges nyczar - Assyrian 681-609 BC with Egyptian 664-571 BC ally
PW: nyczar

fikabo
Corporal - Strongpoint
Corporal - Strongpoint

Post by fikabo » Mon Nov 25, 2019 4:38 pm

Division C

fikabo (Jewish with Roman) defeats Karvon (Sarmatian 350 BC-24 AD) 50:21

A flat map except for the hill on my right wing, two forests in the middle on both sides. Sea on the left. I put the stronger forces on the left, the weaker right wing was to defend on the hill.
When the left wing approached the opponent unexpectedly began to shift his right wing to the left.
Half of his horses passed, 5 lancers remained and I managed to successfully attack them by blocking fall back with skirmishes.
Because the advantage of the opponent on the right wing was too great, I decided to do similar move (transfer my right wing to left).
As a result, the front turned 90 degrees. I had about 15% advantage (I lost skirmishes, my opponent lost lancers).
Then opponent 5 irregular foots came out of the forest. I decided to focus on them because it is an easier task for my legions than evading lancers. The Sarmatian decided to circle my right wing (hence some of his horses made 3/4 wheels around my units). I inhibited these intentions with the help of skirmish, losing more, but some his horses also disappeared. After destroying 4 infantry units, there were enough points to win the game.

Thanks for game.

DzonVejn
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G

Post by DzonVejn » Mon Nov 25, 2019 7:27 pm

Division C

A draw between DzonVejn (Saka) and batesmotel (Roman). I killed 58% of his troops, he killed 38% of mine.

(2-2)

melm
Master Sergeant - U-boat
Master Sergeant - U-boat

Re: Early Middle Ages: winners post your results here . . .

Post by melm » Tue Nov 26, 2019 4:21 am

Divsion B

melm (Andalusian) drew with Geffalrus (Polish)27-16. Turns run out.

(2-0)

Karvon

Post by Karvon » Tue Nov 26, 2019 7:34 am

Div C

Karvon (Sarmatian) defeated General Shapur (Spanish) 61-49 for a score of 4-0.

A deep stream ran across the center of the field. Beyond the stream on our left, a mountian spur jutted. A hilly plateau broken up by rough ground lay across the stream in the center with a larger hill dominating the left end. A small forest shielded the enemy left. Some hills and forests fell on our left and right but played no significant role in the battle.

We opted for a predominately lancer force, not wishing to try to match up with the Spanish expected masses of light and medium foot. We deployed one division of lancers on our left and three in the center. A token division of light foot we deployed on our right.

The Spanish deployed a mass of medium foot on the slopes of the hills dominating our left, screened by a number of light foot. They immediately began to redeploy in a defensive box in the rough and slopes of the hills.

We advanced our left division of lancers to threaten the skirmishers who advanced to control the stream by hiding in the water. Over the course of the battle, these ground down our lancers with their skirmishing which we weren't able to effectively counter with the troops on hand.

In the meantime, our main body of lancers supported by our light foot and some light horse cautiously encircled the Spanish foot awaiting on the plateau, then supported by shooting from our handful of light foot, began a series of charges. As the day wore on, the Spanish infantry began to buckle and then the cracks appeared. The lancers swept into the breaches and more and more of the Spanish foot crumbled. Despite our own mounting losses, including 2 generals, we eventually smashed enough of the stubborn Spanish foot to break them shortly before darkness fell..
2019-11-25 Sarmations vs Spansih.jpg
2019-11-25 Sarmations vs Spansih.jpg (844.93 KiB) Viewed 575 times

Karvon

Post by Karvon » Tue Nov 26, 2019 8:29 am

Division C

Karvon (Germanic Horse Tribes with Dacian ally) defeated DzonVejn (Sassanid Persian with Kushan ally) 61-41 for a 4-0 win.

The initial deployment
The attachment 2019-10-23 German Horse Tribes vs Sassanid Persians.jpg is no longer available
Our plan was to engage the massed enemy elephants with our light foot while our lancers would encircle and/or chase off the enemy horse. To that end, we shifted 3 divisions of lancers to the right to circle behind the advancing light foot, while our fourth division of lancers on the left, supported by some skirmishing horse would attempt to drive off the opposing horse archers.

On the right, our foot flanked the advancing elephants thru the woods and nearby rough and began pouring arrows and javelins on them. One division of lancers circled around behind the forest while another turned to face off some of the advancing enemy horse archers. The third division, bringing up the the tail of the pincer got a bit scattered as they tried to avoid a pack of light horse archers eagerly hunting them.

On the left, our lancers and horse began a prolonged game of cat and mouse with the opposing light and heavy horse archers. We caught and broke some of them, but also eventually lost some of our own to massed bowfire.

The enemy elephants wheeled about to facing their tormentors and charged into the rough and woods to escape the hail fire. Two of them were shot to pieces and fled and the other two managed to get stuck in for a long slog in the bad terrain. Eventually these two were worn down and destroyed. The light foot then turned about to support one division of lancers countering the enemy horse archers which had bedeviled our straggling third division.

Our other encircling lancers raced to close in on the enemy right from the rear, arriving just in the nick of time to relieve the bedraggled left division and engulf the Persian cataphracts and the Sassanids broke and headed for home.
Attachments
2019-10-23 German Horse Tribes vs Sassanid Persians.jpg
2019-10-23 German Horse Tribes vs Sassanid Persians.jpg (889.29 KiB) Viewed 565 times

MikeMarchant

Post by MikeMarchant » Tue Nov 26, 2019 10:14 am

Division C

MikeMarchant (Seleucid 124-63 BCE - Allies: Jewish) defeats Rob123 (Roman 105-25BC with Jewish 64 BC-6 AD ally) : 61/37

Bad luck, Rob. Thanks for the game.

Best Wishes

Mike

Geffalrus

Post by Geffalrus » Tue Nov 26, 2019 12:45 pm

melm wrote:
Tue Nov 26, 2019 4:21 am
Divsion B

melm (Andalusian) drew with Geffalrus (Polish)27-16. Turns run out.

(2-0)
melm did an excellent shadow warrior impersonation - I spent most of the match completely in the dark as to his numbers, location, and unit choices. Other than his veritable horde of skirmishers that drew blood like a flock of mosquitos. And when I tried to pin them down, I discovered that he ALSO had a large force of heavy cavalry, at which point it became time to retreat to my hill in a dignified manner. As with most such retreats, it rapidly became decidedly UN-dignified. My heavy infantry survived largely unscathed, but my cavalry was ripped to shreds. Nightfall ended things, though clearly melm had a bit better of the encounter. :)

The eye of the storm:
Screen_00000902.jpg
Screen_00000902.jpg (500.77 KiB) Viewed 395 times

Geffalrus

Re: Early Middle Ages; arrange your matches here . . .

Post by Geffalrus » Tue Nov 26, 2019 1:52 pm

Division B

Geffalrus - Polish challenges batesmotel - Khorasanian 821-1003 AD with Dailami 928-1055 AD ally

PM to be sent

PW is last

Barrold713
Sergeant - 7.5 cm FK 16 nA

Re: Biblical: winners post your results here . . .

Post by Barrold713 » Tue Nov 26, 2019 4:07 pm

Division B for Barely

Barrold713 (Boy Band League) defeats markwatson360 (Median) 63-47

I benefited from some fine rolls and cascade breaks that caused a full 15% of the Median force to break and rout in a single turn.

Thanks for the challenging match.

BDH

Barrold713

Re: Biblical: arrange your matches here . . .

Post by Barrold713 » Tue Nov 26, 2019 4:33 pm

Division B Challenge

Barrold713 (Boy Band League) challenges General Shapur (Egyptians)

PW: battle

Nosy_Rat

Re: Late Antiquity: arrange your matches here . . .

Post by Nosy_Rat » Tue Nov 26, 2019 6:58 pm

Division A

Nosy_Rat (Huns) challenges Geffalrus (Byzantines) and nyczar (Ancient British + Romans).
Pw is "league". PMs sent.

desertedfox

Post by desertedfox » Tue Nov 26, 2019 11:48 pm

Division B

desertedfox - Antigonid 320-301 BC defeated phoyle3290 - Carthaginian (Hannibal in Italy) 216-203 46-6

Thx 4 a gg.

melm
Master Sergeant - U-boat
Master Sergeant - U-boat

Post by melm » Wed Nov 27, 2019 4:15 am

Division B

melm(Andualusian) beat General Shapur (Muslim Conquest) 43-18.

Very hard game to pick the Muslim superior spearmen bulwark between two large woods little by little. Finally a corner collapsed to reach the victory condition. GG.

Geffalrus

Post by Geffalrus » Wed Nov 27, 2019 4:28 am

Division B

Geffalrus (Polish) defeats General Shapur (Arab Conquest) 51-12

The Polish position featured some steep hills that enabled a solid defense of shield walls backed by massed archers. A horde of my light troops seized the difficult terrain on both flanks, allowing for some devastating harassment on the advancing Arabian flanks. Shapur was almost able to focus fire down some of my units, but my larger number of archers on higher ground provided continuous counter-battery fire. Uninterested in a frontal assault, the veteran spears retreated with the Polish infantry in hot pursuit. As one would expect of such highly trained infantry, they were able to maintain good order and do an about face once we were both on even ground. The Polish shield wall wobbled a bit under the furious assault of the Arabian infantry, but the armored spearhead of the dismounted nobles, plus some flank attacks from cavalry that were able to ride around the flanks, eventually overcame the impressive morale of the veteran spears.

In all honesty, the Arab Conquest list is quite formidable with one of the sturdiest infantry lines I've ever seen. GG Shapur.

Pictured below is my infantry holding just long enough for my right flank to secure the win.
Screen_00000915.jpg
Screen_00000915.jpg (503.58 KiB) Viewed 489 times

youngr
Sergeant First Class - Elite Panzer IIIL
Sergeant First Class - Elite Panzer IIIL

Post by youngr » Wed Nov 27, 2019 6:09 am

Division B

youngr (Anglo-Danish) defeated batesmotel (Khorasanians) 50-21

A game dominated by a small central hill. The Anglo-Danes advanced round one side of the hill and managed to hold their line, but only just. Thanks for the game.

Cheers
Richard

Return to “Field of Glory II Digital League”