Difference in Army Size When Playing Multiplayer

Field of Glory II is a turn-based tactical game set during the Rise of Rome from 280 BC to 25 BC.
canuckgamer
Senior Corporal - Destroyer
Senior Corporal - Destroyer

Difference in Army Size When Playing Multiplayer

Post by canuckgamer » Sat Dec 07, 2019 10:36 pm

I only play FOG 2 multiplayer PBEM. However I "scout" scenarios in single player mode so I can see how many men are in each army. My thinking is that if the numbers are about the same, the scenario should be balanced. I've noticed that the numbers are signficantly different in single player vs. multiplayer. In single player the AI side always has a much larger army. I assume that this is to balance the scenario for those people who play against the AI.

Cunningcairn
Lieutenant Colonel - Fw 190A
Lieutenant Colonel - Fw 190A

Re: Difference in Army Size When Playing Multiplayer

Post by Cunningcairn » Sun Dec 08, 2019 1:08 am

canuckgamer wrote:
Sat Dec 07, 2019 10:36 pm
I only play FOG 2 multiplayer PBEM. However I "scout" scenarios in single player mode so I can see how many men are in each army. My thinking is that if the numbers are about the same, the scenario should be balanced. I've noticed that the numbers are signficantly different in single player vs. multiplayer. In single player the AI side always has a much larger army. I assume that this is to balance the scenario for those people who play against the AI.
The higher the difficulty level you choose when playing against the AI the fewer points you get to use to build your army. If you want to scout the numbers choose the lowest level against the AI and you will get the same points you would get in a multiplayer game of the same size.

rs2excelsior
Administrative Corporal - SdKfz 251/1
Administrative Corporal - SdKfz  251/1

Re: Difference in Army Size When Playing Multiplayer

Post by rs2excelsior » Tue Dec 10, 2019 12:17 am

When you're setting up a single player match, you can click "advanced options" to see (and edit) the exact point allocations to each side. SP does give the AI extra points compared to the player, or what a MP opponent would have.

Return to “Field of Glory II”