What's the skinny on the new dlc?

Field of Glory II is a turn-based tactical game set during the Rise of Rome from 280 BC to 25 BC.
Mord
Sergeant First Class - Elite Panzer IIIL
Location: North of Innsmouth, Mordbunker HQ, Windham, ME, USA

What's the skinny on the new dlc?

Post by Mord »

I am assuming it's taking longer to create because the content is increasing with each new release? I am also assuming the next one will further push us into the future so hopefully we'll be getting a s***-ton of new models and I figure that's upping the time between expansions, but who knows? I am a pretty patient guy but 9 months without a word is making me antsy for some news. What's up? How much longer before an official announcement on what it's gonna be? The offices are shutting down in a couple days I was hoping we'd hear something before that.

Mord.
MVP7
Lieutenant Colonel - Elite Panther D
Lieutenant Colonel - Elite Panther D

Re: What's the skinny on the new dlc?

Post by MVP7 »

Other than telling us that there will be more DLC in the future, I don't think RBS or anyone else from Slitherine will reveal any details before the official announcement. The first definitive proof of new DLC is probably going to be a beta tester search that usually means the release is still a few months away.

It has now been a bit over 6 months (not 9) since the release of Wolves at the Gate. There was 8 months between the release of Rise of Persia and Wolves at the Gate. Those two were clearly the largest expansions in terms of content and I think we can expect similar amount of units from the future DLC as well.

The long pause since the last expansion has probably more to do with Patrick Ward being busy with the Panzer Corps 2 graphics than the FoG2 expansion being worked on. RBS's work on the army lists is probably well on the way though and a lot of the mechanical changes that have been tested in the recent open betas would previously have happened in the DLC beta. That could mean that the next DLC might release sooner after the start of the beta than previously but I still wouldn't expect a release before next March or April.
Mord
Location: North of Innsmouth, Mordbunker HQ, Windham, ME, USA

Post by Mord »

I don't know why I said 9. On the 30th it'll be 7. I guess it feels like 9. Yeah, I don't really expect any answers, just blowing off steam. I hope we don't have to wait all the way to March or April, though!

I didn't know artists were shared between games. That sucks.

But it is a testament to how much I love this game that I am constantly fantasizing about new content. It is rare indeed for me to be this taken by a game, less than a handful have ever kept my attention longer than a few months or that I want to play them all the time. I can see myself playing FoG II for a decade.

Mord.
Adebar
Sergeant First Class - Panzer IIIL
Sergeant First Class - Panzer IIIL

Post by Adebar »

Mord wrote: Tue Dec 17, 2019 5:11 pm But it is a testament to how much I love this game that I am constantly fantasizing about new content. It is rare indeed for me to be this taken by a game, less than a handful have ever kept my attention longer than a few months or that I want to play them all the time. I can see myself playing FoG II for a decade.
Exactly the same here. Constantly dreaming of bizzarly cladded Bronze Age midgets or tiny medieval tin can knights on pixel horsies entertainingly trashing each other according to the FOG ruleset.

IC XC
NI KA
z1812z
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38

Post by z1812z »

I have been playing wargames for a long, long time and there has been no game before this that has captured my imagination and interest as completely as FOG.

The game is so well crafted and considered. All of the components come together very well. I have never thought of a game before as being "charming", but FOG has that special something that lifts it above the other games I play. And yes I am looking forward to the next DLC!
Byron01
Lance Corporal - Panzer IA
Lance Corporal - Panzer IA

Post by Byron01 »

Its a great game. Must have more!
melm
1st Lieutenant - 15 cm sFH 18
1st Lieutenant - 15 cm sFH 18

Post by melm »

Next year, we may see knightly knights and Alexius Byzantine army(which is pretty weak as I read from Alexiad). Fingers crossed.:)
Meditans ex luce mundi
Latro
Staff Sergeant - Kavallerie
Staff Sergeant - Kavallerie

Post by Latro »

melm wrote: Wed Dec 18, 2019 7:55 am Next year, we may see knightly knights and Alexius Byzantine army(which is pretty weak as I read from Alexiad). Fingers crossed.:)
But before that..the Bronze Age !!
All fingers crossed, plus toes..
TheGrayMouser
General - Carrier
General - Carrier

Post by TheGrayMouser »

Once we get some chivalric knight models, longbowmen and medieval pike, Hyborian wars will be possible ;)
rbodleyscott
Field of Glory 2
Field of Glory 2

Post by rbodleyscott »

TheGrayMouser wrote: Wed Dec 18, 2019 3:07 pm Once we get some chivalric knight models, longbowmen and medieval pike, Hyborian wars will be possible ;)
Ah, Bossonian longbowmen!
Richard Bodley Scott

Geffalrus
Lieutenant Colonel - Panther D
Lieutenant Colonel - Panther D

Post by Geffalrus »

The Conan unit will be absolutely OP.
We should all Stand With Ukraine. 🇺🇦 ✊

Return to “Field of Glory II”