New Projekt: Phcas & AKRebels "PAK"-Mod - RELEASE v2.70

A forum to discuss custom scenarios, campaigns and modding in general.

Moderators: Slitherine Core, Panzer Corps Moderators, Panzer Corps Design

jeffoot77
Master Sergeant - Bf 109E

Re: New Projekt: Phcas & AKRebels Mod "PAK" - RELEASE v0.035

Post by jeffoot77 »

La Moselle! only french players could have seen this error! Are you french Terminator?
edit: and thxs Phcas for the B1, i will test it.
my custom mini-campaign in order of battle :
http://www.slitherine.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=374&t=79333&p=676302#p676302

Panzer corps mods archive : http://jeffoot.freeboxos.fr:41226/share/KmCyju7JFZX6dD2B/
terminator
Field Marshal - Elefant
Field Marshal - Elefant

Post by terminator »

0006_Opel_Flak38.png
0006_Opel_Flak38.png (434.11 KiB) Viewed 2838 times
terminator
Field Marshal - Elefant
Field Marshal - Elefant

Post by terminator »

jeffoot77 wrote: Sun Dec 22, 2019 4:19 pm La Moselle! only french players could have seen this error! Are you french Terminator?
There's a chance :)
The Moselle river crosses 3 countries: France, Luxembourg and Germany.
Last edited by terminator on Mon Dec 23, 2019 5:13 am, edited 1 time in total.
phcas
Lieutenant-General - Do 217E

Post by phcas »

terminator wrote: Sun Dec 22, 2019 9:47 am France scenario :

Typo: Monselle River -> Moselle River

France.jpg
Thanks, corrected in the next update
phcas

Post by phcas »

terminator wrote: Sun Dec 22, 2019 6:01 pm 0006_Opel_Flak38.png
Thanks, fixed in next update
phcas

Post by phcas »

Preview.jpg
Preview.jpg (77.46 KiB) Viewed 2795 times
We are upgrading the Italians. Bianchi Miles & Alfa-Romeo 500 + HQ
Italians.png
Italians.png (32.95 KiB) Viewed 2795 times
phcas

Post by phcas »

Preview.jpg
Preview.jpg (77.46 KiB) Viewed 2793 times
We plan to add Infantry AT units for many countries. Like ATR Bazooka Panzerfaust Panzerschreck Piat. The graphic will have 2 figures and the max strength is 10. They will have a higher hard attack number and lower soft attack number than regular infantry. Experimenting with fire animations of Panzerfaust.
00B_013_AT44.png
00B_013_AT44.png (13.53 KiB) Viewed 2793 times
00_AT44.png
00_AT44.png (309.35 KiB) Viewed 2793 times
Latro
Staff Sergeant - Kavallerie

Post by Latro »

phcas wrote: Sun Dec 22, 2019 10:22 pm We plan to add Infantry AT units for many countries. Like ATR Bazooka Panzerfaust Panzerschreck Piat. The graphic will have 2 figures and the max strength is 10. They will have a higher hard attack number and lower soft attack number than regular infantry. Experimenting with fire animations of Panzerfaust.
Nice but.. the big scenarios are at regimental level. Dunno if whole regiments of AT guys at strength 10 would fit the scale.

Oh, and the Panzerfaust should be held in the armpit, not on the shoulder, like a bazooka.[/nitpick]
phcas

Post by phcas »

Latro wrote: Sun Dec 22, 2019 10:44 pm
phcas wrote: Sun Dec 22, 2019 10:22 pm We plan to add Infantry AT units for many countries. Like ATR Bazooka Panzerfaust Panzerschreck Piat. The graphic will have 2 figures and the max strength is 10. They will have a higher hard attack number and lower soft attack number than regular infantry. Experimenting with fire animations of Panzerfaust.
Nice but.. the big scenarios are at regimental level. Dunno if whole regiments of AT guys at strength 10 would fit the scale.

Oh, and the Panzerfaust should be held in the armpit, not on the shoulder, like a bazooka.[/nitpick]
OK I see your point. The problem is that we have a lot of graphics with this anti tank stuff. Like Polish and German AT rifles. Thery are not used yet in the game. Does someone have an idea how to use them?
uzbek2012
Brigadier-General - 15 cm Nblwf 41

Post by uzbek2012 »

phcas wrote: Mon Dec 23, 2019 6:59 am

OK I see your point. The problem is that we have a lot of graphics with this anti tank stuff. Like Polish and German AT rifles. Thery are not used yet in the game. Does someone have an idea how to use them?
A Polish anti-tank guns were almost a secret weapon for the poles, for the well was used as a trophy in the armies of Germany and Italy )
http://www.opoccuu.com/polskoe-protivot ... -35-ur.htm
http://www.yaplakal.com/forum2/topic1565500.html
https://topwar.ru/27886-protivotankovoe ... olsha.html
https://warspot.ru/11091-samoe-sekretno ... pospolitoy

P.s.
The Soviet PTRD and PTRS antitank rifles were used by the Soviet Army throughout World War II. 8)
https://warfarehistorynetwork.com/2016/ ... nk-rifles/

Last edited by uzbek2012 on Tue Dec 24, 2019 12:04 pm, edited 4 times in total.
guuzidi
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38

Post by guuzidi »

In my honest opinion - in the way described by you in your previous post (AT squad - 2 figures/strenght 10).

I know that historical accuracy is one of the main goal of the mod, but we should bear in mind the fact, that PC is just a game. Beautiful, addictive and fun, but still a game. Second thing, I doubt if the game engine is "flexible" enough to render 100% dependence of the operational level of ww2. This also applies to the size and type of units.

Compromise between playability and historical accuracy is unavoidable and I think that your idea is good example of such necessary and perfect compromise.
phcas

Post by phcas »

guuzidi wrote: Mon Dec 23, 2019 11:55 am

In my honest opinion - in the way described by you in your previous post (AT squad - 2 figures/strenght 10).

I know that historical accuracy is one of the main goal of the mod, but we should bear in mind the fact, that PC is just a game. Beautiful, addictive and fun, but still a game. Second thing, I doubt if the game engine is "flexible" enough to render 100% dependence of the operational level of ww2. This also applies to the size and type of units.

Compromise between playability and historical accuracy is unavoidable and I think that your idea is good example of such necessary and perfect compromise.
Thanks, we can make the strenghts max 8 if we think thats better, but in Market Garden the PIAT played a important role and the German Panzerfaust supply at the end of the war was the last stand against the rolling Red tanks.
captainjack

Post by captainjack »

[/quote]
[/quote]

AT Rifles generally were initially a modest boost to AT capability in infantry units (much better than bundles of grenades and molotov cocktails) and kept on because they were also good against bunkers, as sniper weapons and as anti-materiel weapons. That would suggest a boost to HA of special units (eg Polish cavalry) withhigher numbers of AT Rifles.

However Russian tactics for AT Rifles depended on large numbers, so separate units would make good sense there. I think later war German milita units armed with high numbers of panzerfaust would also make sense as separate units. Market Garden is another good case for separate units rather than a general boost.

I'd see a useful role for sparate AT units as relatively fast (3 move) units with similar stats to infantry but lower SA (1 or 2) and higher HA (typically 3 or 4) and AT class, so you lose your close trait and are weaker against infantry attack, but the speed of movement and the +2HA/star make you quite dangerous to less well armoured hard targets. An alternative approach would be to allow specially equipped units (Polish Cavalry for example) switch from Inf class to AT class, with a tweak to SA and HA as above. That means you have to choose between dangerous to tanks and dengerous to soft targets but not both.

For the PIAT infantry, maybe give them artillery class and range 1, but good HA stats and OK SA stats. So they provide defence for neighbouring units by suppressing tank attacks quite well and a bit against soft targets. They can also take shots at tanks or bunkers without return fire - and since Piats had no muzzle or propellant flash they were very hard to detect so this seems reasonable. Something like SA 5 and HA8 or 10 and maybe 4 or 5 ammo would probably be useful without overpowering them.
phcas

Post by phcas »

captainjack wrote: Tue Dec 24, 2019 12:57 am

AT Rifles generally were initially a modest boost to AT capability in infantry units (much better than bundles of grenades and molotov cocktails) and kept on because they were also good against bunkers, as sniper weapons and as anti-materiel weapons. That would suggest a boost to HA of special units (eg Polish cavalry) withhigher numbers of AT Rifles.

However Russian tactics for AT Rifles depended on large numbers, so separate units would make good sense there. I think later war German milita units armed with high numbers of panzerfaust would also make sense as separate units. Market Garden is another good case for separate units rather than a general boost.

I'd see a useful role for sparate AT units as relatively fast (3 move) units with similar stats to infantry but lower SA (1 or 2) and higher HA (typically 3 or 4) and AT class, so you lose your close trait and are weaker against infantry attack, but the speed of movement and the +2HA/star make you quite dangerous to less well armoured hard targets. An alternative approach would be to allow specially equipped units (Polish Cavalry for example) switch from Inf class to AT class, with a tweak to SA and HA as above. That means you have to choose between dangerous to tanks and dengerous to soft targets but not both.

For the PIAT infantry, maybe give them artillery class and range 1, but good HA stats and OK SA stats. So they provide defence for neighbouring units by suppressing tank attacks quite well and a bit against soft targets. They can also take shots at tanks or bunkers without return fire - and since Piats had no muzzle or propellant flash they were very hard to detect so this seems reasonable. Something like SA 5 and HA8 or 10 and maybe 4 or 5 ammo would probably be useful without overpowering them.
Thanks very much for your clear long explanation. We will think about this.
Last edited by phcas on Sat Dec 28, 2019 6:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
terminator
Field Marshal - Elefant
Field Marshal - Elefant

Post by terminator »

0808_Strongpoint.png
0808_Strongpoint.png (164 KiB) Viewed 2539 times
PS: usually I use paint.net and not Paint to paste the images, which explains this strange aspect.
nono hard et heavy

Post by nono hard et heavy »

terminator wrote: Wed Dec 25, 2019 7:13 am 0808_Strongpoint.png

PS: usually I use paint.net and not Paint to paste the images, which explains this strange aspect.
Hello, Terminator.
Merry Christmas.
Do you know why when a unit receives a decoration (or a reward) after a victorious battle, the graphic of this decoration does not appear in the message window?
Personally, I think there is an error between the text in the 'Data' 'awards' folder and the 'UI' 'awards' folder.
Greetings.
Latro

Post by Latro »

That would probably be a typo in awards.pzdat giving an incorrect png name.
nono hard et heavy

Post by nono hard et heavy »

Latro wrote: Wed Dec 25, 2019 10:08 am That would probably be a typo in awards.pzdat giving an incorrect png name.
Hello Latro.
The text in the 'Data' 'awards' folder is :
IDS_AWARD_INFANTRY_ASSAULT_BADGE1 GER_infantryassaultbadge1.png
Maybe there's a solution:
IDS_AWARD_INFANTRY_ASSAULT_BADGE1
GER_Infantry_Assault_Badge1
I checked and the text in 'Data' 'awards' (GER_infantryassaultbadge1) matches the text under the image in 'UI' 'awards'.
Greetings.
Bruno
terminator
Field Marshal - Elefant
Field Marshal - Elefant

Post by terminator »

nono hard et heavy wrote: Wed Dec 25, 2019 9:44 am Hello, Terminator.
Merry Christmas.
Do you know why when a unit receives a decoration (or a reward) after a victorious battle, the graphic of this decoration does not appear in the message window?
Personally, I think there is an error between the text in the 'Data' 'awards' folder and the 'UI' 'awards' folder.
Greetings.
Sorry but I haven’t earned any awards yet :(

Merry Christmas Everybody :D
Latro

Post by Latro »

Bruno,
There does indeed not seem to be a typo.
What do you mean with " 'Data' 'awards' folder"
Do you have a seperate Data/awards folder?
There shouldn't be. awards.pzdat goes directly in the Data folder.

Return to “Panzer Corps : Scenario Design”