New Projekt: Phcas & AKRebels "PAK"-Mod - RELEASE v2.60

A forum to discuss custom scenarios, campaigns and modding in general.

Moderators: Slitherine Core, Panzer Corps Moderators, Panzer Corps Design

phcas
Lieutenant-General - Do 217E

Re: New Projekt: Phcas & AKRebels Mod "PAK" - RELEASE v0.035

Post by phcas »

terminator wrote: Wed Jan 01, 2020 1:15 pm France 1940 :

The texts could be better presented using the line jumping element <br> :

:arrow: Before :

France(1).jpg

:arrow: After :

France(2).jpg
Ok fixed in the next update
phcas

Post by phcas »

jeffoot77 wrote: Wed Jan 01, 2020 10:45 am Greetings and best wishes for 2020 !!!

i just finished "France" scenario and i m completing some feelings about it:

-refugges : "Blowing them away would not be decently, but it clears the way"

--> i dit it one time ! but it is not glorifying! why not withdrawing 100 prestige each time player kill refugees? In fact, the refugees are not a real problem to move his own units .

-Hitler never arrived on 11th june . Not implemented yet? He will arrive, I test it again, it works, turn 14 hex 63,1

--> exact, he arrives on turn 14 but in the mission objectives, i quote: " the fuher will arrive on 11 june" and the turn 14 = 17 june in the game ! so i was expected him on turn 8 ( 11 june) and he never arrived on turn 8 .. just a probleme of date in objectives...

-when going south of france to get some prestige by taking towns, i got some difficulties to find airfields for my planes. No airfield in Nantes and Dijon : very strange , isn't it?

- I left some troops behind me to prevent partisans taking cities but i did'nt see any partisans ... it could be a idea t oforce the player to let some troops in each big city or maybe historically , there were'nt partisans?

Many thanks for this wonderful mod. You can't imagine the pleasure the players are feeling when discovering for the first time one scenario of the mod with all these new units and all the new mechanics.

Best wishes from France too !
Hello Jeffoot77

* About refugees, I maybe input the 100 prestige withdrawing.
* About the Hitler arriving, it was a error, now you will be told he will arrive at 17 june. Thanks.
* 4 airfields are added now, Poitiers, Nantes, Dijon and Lyon. Thanks. (The map is not fine tuned yet a lot of detail will follow later)
* About Partisans. There are no Partisans in the scenario yet. I think like Bruno told us that there were no Partisans at that moment in time. If I find any prove otherwise, I will tell you.

There will be a new update release in a few days. All this things will be updated in the France scenario then. Thanks.
uzbek2012
Brigadier-General - 15 cm Nblwf 41
Brigadier-General - 15 cm Nblwf 41

Post by uzbek2012 »

phcas wrote: Wed Jan 01, 2020 9:07 am
uzbek2012 wrote: Mon Dec 30, 2019 2:42 am
Excellent, but Russian units were under the Tsar ))) at the beginning of world war II in the USSR was the Red Army ;) Happy new year )
Thanks for this info uzbek2012, happy new year
Not for that, once again congratulations on the holidays and waiting for a new version of your excellent historical mod ! :lol:
https://masterok.livejournal.com/5860119.html

And send the refugees to Africa ;)
https://zefirka.net/2017/06/05/evropejs ... voj-vojny/
jeffoot77
Master Sergeant - Bf 109E

Post by jeffoot77 »

About Partisans. There are no Partisans in the scenario yet. I think like Bruno told us that there were no Partisans at that moment in time. If I find any prove otherwise, I will tell you.

--> ok , in fact I wanted to talk about the fact that the Germans did not leave the crossed cities empty after their passage. It's just that leaving a unit in every big city makes sense. In addition, the second part of the scenario consists of breaking into the south with too many units to manage. And forcing the player to choose a unit behind for each city also allows less boredom in the second part of the map. it would add some small skirmishes at the end of the scenario ( in theses cities , IF there is no german unit) .

It is just my feeling about it. i understand there are no real partisans in 1940
my custom mini-campaign in order of battle :
http://www.slitherine.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=374&t=79333&p=676302#p676302

Panzer corps mods archive : http://jeffoot.freeboxos.fr:41226/share/KmCyju7JFZX6dD2B/
phcas

Post by phcas »

jeffoot77 wrote: Thu Jan 02, 2020 9:48 am About Partisans. There are no Partisans in the scenario yet. I think like Bruno told us that there were no Partisans at that moment in time. If I find any prove otherwise, I will tell you.

--> ok , in fact I wanted to talk about the fact that the Germans did not leave the crossed cities empty after their passage. It's just that leaving a unit in every big city makes sense. In addition, the second part of the scenario consists of breaking into the south with too many units to manage. And forcing the player to choose a unit behind for each city also allows less boredom in the second part of the map. it would add some small skirmishes at the end of the scenario ( in theses cities , IF there is no german unit) .

It is just my feeling about it. i understand there are no real partisans in 1940
OK I found some information about 3 resistance groups operating in july 1940 in France:

Group Liberte under Francois de Menthon
Group Paris under Jean Cassou
Group Revolution Nationale under Henri Frenay

They did sabotage against German trucks and that kind of things. I will make graphics of this groups and they will be in the scenario as "Light partisans" showing up behind enemy lines.
jeffoot77

Post by jeffoot77 »

nice ! i began the very exciting battle of britain and after 12 turns :

- it is a delight to play so many various planes ! (i purchased 4 new core 109 fighters ) The rescue planes are a great idea to get fallen pilots in pneumatic boats: is the plane has to be near the boat? or it appears even if the plane is far from it ? if the location is automatic , is it possible to have just a vague idea of ​​the location of the pilot with his boat without making it appear precisely? by indicating by a "question mark" for example the zone. Like that, the seaplane has to be moved near the location and has to looking for it. For me , it seems too easy to find the boats.

- I have not encountered ace pilots of RAF ( like my favorite one :) : Josef František https://fr.wikipedia.org/wiki/Josef_Franti%C5%A1ek ). The prototype plane is very fun to shot down even if it is very hard to destroy.. there is a flaw ( no spoil) :)

- it could be fun to get Adolf Galland or Günther Rall as auxiliary aces pilots to help in case of a big problem. ( i have some ace pilots but not really very useful with +1 attack... )
- after 12 turns , i have the control of the airspace, the scenario seems not very difficult but need a lot of prestige to repair the fighters with elite replacement. That's is ok, i need to save my pilots and it is very good !
- i was surprised that there are not a lot of enemy anti-aircraft units. Mainly in the NORTH EST and EST and even in london (only two , isn't it? ) . As they don't make massive dammage, they are almost harmless. .. cool for my planes. ^^
- sinking the transport boats is cool butit is no longer useful after destroying 50% ( objective also very quickly reached) . And if continuing to sink brings in a little prestige (20 or 30 by boat?)
- radars take a long time to destroy and besides this is the last objective I have left. That's ok for me, even if it seems more logical that the bombing of london should be longer.I think there not enough ballons or not enough city hexs in london to make longer the objective )

All this are just suggestions.

Panzer corps mods archive : http://jeffoot.freeboxos.fr:41226/share/KmCyju7JFZX6dD2B/
phcas

Post by phcas »

jeffoot77 wrote: Thu Jan 02, 2020 2:16 pm
- I have not encountered ace pilots of RAF ( like my favorite one :) : Josef František
Do you know this men jeffoot77?
jf.jpg
jf.jpg (131.11 KiB) Viewed 3230 times
You will find him in 303 Polish squadron, Duxford airfield 52,26 in the next update :)
phcas

Post by phcas »

You also need your troops now in the back cities in France 1940 or your city flags can change again to french Jeffoot77!
04019_Maquis1940_3.png
04019_Maquis1940_3.png (77.93 KiB) Viewed 3228 times
04019_Maquis1940_2.png
04019_Maquis1940_2.png (76.45 KiB) Viewed 3228 times
04019_Maquis1940_1.png
04019_Maquis1940_1.png (76.15 KiB) Viewed 3228 times
Latro
Staff Sergeant - Kavallerie
Staff Sergeant - Kavallerie

Post by Latro »

Maybe call them Groupe? Is a bit more french..
phcas

Post by phcas »

Latro wrote: Thu Jan 02, 2020 3:31 pm Maybe call them Groupe? Is a bit more french..
04019_Maquis1940_3.png
04019_Maquis1940_3.png (78.16 KiB) Viewed 3217 times
04019_Maquis1940_2.png
04019_Maquis1940_2.png (76.58 KiB) Viewed 3217 times
04019_Maquis1940_1.png
04019_Maquis1940_1.png (76.31 KiB) Viewed 3217 times
OK
jeffoot77

Post by jeffoot77 »

thxs to You and AkRebel too. nice work . (did you take a vacation ??)

daon
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G

Post by daon »

Group "Combat" under Henri Frenay, "révolution nationale" is the name of Vichy's collaborative government policy
phcas

Post by phcas »

daon wrote: Fri Jan 03, 2020 10:41 am Group "Combat" under Henri Frenay, "révolution nationale" is the name of Vichy's collaborative government policy
Wikipedia

Resistance when it first began in the summer of 1940 was based upon what the writer Jean Cassou called refus absurde ("absurd refusal") of refusing to accept that the Reich would win and even if it did, it was better to resist.[41] Many résistants often spoke of some "climax" when they saw some intolerable act of injustice, after which they could not longer remain passive.[42] The résistant Joseph Barthelet told the British SOE agent George Miller that his "climax" occurred when he saw the German military police march into the Feldgendarmerie in Metz a group of Frenchmen, one of whom was a friend.[42] Barthelt recalled: "I recognized him only by his hat. Only by his hat, I tell you and because I was waiting on the roadside to see him pass. I saw his face all right, but there was no skin on it, and he could not see me. Both his poor eyes had been closed into two purple and yellow bruises".[42] The right-wing résistant Henri Frenay who had initially sympathized with the Révolution nationale stated that when he saw the German soldiers in Paris in the summer of 1940, he knew he had do to something to uphold French honor because of the look of contempt he saw on the faces of the Germans when viewing the French.[42] In the beginning, resistance was limited to activities such as severing phone lines, vandalizing posters and slashing tyres on German vehicles.[43] Another form of resistance was underground newspapers like Musée de l'Homme (Museum of Mankind) which circulated clandestinely.[44] The Musée de l'Homme was founded by two professors, Paul Rivet and the Russian émigré Boris Vildé in July 1940.[45] In the same month, July 1940 Jean Cassou founded a resistance group in Paris while the liberal Catholic law professor François de Menthon founded the group Liberté in Lyon.[45]

If Révolution nationale is wrong we remove it. Does anyone have more info about Maquis resistance july 1940
daon
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G

Post by daon »

" The right-wing résistant Henri Frenay who had initially sympathized with the Révolution nationale stated "
until March 1941, he worked for the intelligence service of the army, then he asked to be put on leave and founded the resistance group "Combat"

resistance groups were created in 1941
right wing : Combat
Communist : FTPF
phcas

Post by phcas »

daon wrote: Fri Jan 03, 2020 12:48 pm " The right-wing résistant Henri Frenay who had initially sympathized with the Révolution nationale stated "
until March 1941, he worked for the intelligence service of the army, then he asked to be put on leave and founded the resistance group "Combat"

resistance groups were created in 1941
right wing : Combat
Communist : FTPF
We are trying to find a solution to force the Germans to keep units in the back in the France scenario. We only can do that with resistance groups. We know they were there in later years but found some info about the summer 1940 also. we need it for the scenario.

Wikipedia

Resistance when it first began in the summer of 1940 was based upon what the writer Jean Cassou called refus absurde ("absurd refusal") of refusing to accept that the Reich would win and even if it did, it was better to resist.[41] Many résistants often spoke of some "climax" when they saw some intolerable act of injustice, after which they could not longer remain passive.[42] The résistant Joseph Barthelet told the British SOE agent George Miller that his "climax" occurred when he saw the German military police march into the Feldgendarmerie in Metz a group of Frenchmen, one of whom was a friend.[42] Barthelt recalled: "I recognized him only by his hat. Only by his hat, I tell you and because I was waiting on the roadside to see him pass. I saw his face all right, but there was no skin on it, and he could not see me. Both his poor eyes had been closed into two purple and yellow bruises".[42] The right-wing résistant Henri Frenay who had initially sympathized with the Révolution nationale stated that when he saw the German soldiers in Paris in the summer of 1940, he knew he had do to something to uphold French honor because of the look of contempt he saw on the faces of the Germans when viewing the French.[42] In the beginning, resistance was limited to activities such as severing phone lines, vandalizing posters and slashing tyres on German vehicles.[43] Another form of resistance was underground newspapers like Musée de l'Homme (Museum of Mankind) which circulated clandestinely.[44] The Musée de l'Homme was founded by two professors, Paul Rivet and the Russian émigré Boris Vildé in July 1940.[45] In the same month, July 1940 Jean Cassou founded a resistance group in Paris while the liberal Catholic law professor François de Menthon founded the group Liberté in Lyon.[45]
jeffoot77

Post by jeffoot77 »

"The right-wing résistant Henri Frenay formed the French Resistance group Mouvement de Libération Nationale in 1940"

source: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Henri_Frenay

it is not in 1941 !

edit: more info here in french : https://fr.wikipedia.org/wiki/Henri_Fre ... _la_guerre

daon
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G

Post by daon »

1st attack in Paris against german army : 08/21/41
https://fr.wikipedia.org/wiki/Attentat_ ... arb%C3%A8s
phcas

Post by phcas »

Captured (Beute) units will have their own sign now. They will be "nopurchase" and given to the player on a historical correct moment like the prototype units. The big difference with prototype units is that Captured units can receive replacements so you can keep them alive.
03021_T-5_VD.png
03021_T-5_VD.png (79.65 KiB) Viewed 3062 times
03021_T-5_VD.png
03021_T-5_VD.png (44.36 KiB) Viewed 3062 times
03021_T-3_IIIG.png
03021_T-3_IIIG.png (75.75 KiB) Viewed 3062 times
guuzidi
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38

Post by guuzidi »

daon wrote: Fri Jan 03, 2020 5:13 pm 1st attack in Paris against german army : 08/21/41
https://fr.wikipedia.org/wiki/Attentat_ ... arb%C3%A8s
That's true. Generally, during The 'Fall Gelb' and next few months we can't even think of the french ressistance organizations as a combat/armed movement able to effective and organized fight against german forces, even at the local level.
jeffoot77 wrote: Fri Jan 03, 2020 4:25 pm "The right-wing résistant Henri Frenay formed the French Resistance group Mouvement de Libération Nationale in 1940"

source: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Henri_Frenay

it is not in 1941 !

edit: more info here in french : https://fr.wikipedia.org/wiki/Henri_Fre ... _la_guerre
Yes, in 1940 but, as far as I know, in non-occupied zone, after the regular campaign and in specific political reality of so called 'France Vichy'.
daon
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G

Post by daon »

Etienne Achavanne, 1st sabotage in France
It cuts the cables of the electric network and the telephone lines of the air base of Boos, June 20, 1940.
Communication between the airfield and Kommandantur of Rouen is broken.
The next day the RAF operated the bombing of this base, 18 Luftwaffe aircraft were destroyed on the ground and 22 German soldiers killed in this raid.
Sentenced to death by a German military court on June 28, he was shot on July 4, 1940 near Rouen

It was an isolated act

Return to “Panzer Corps : Scenario Design”