Potzblitz V24.2b JAN 1st 2024

A forum to discuss custom scenarios, campaigns and modding in general.

Moderators: Slitherine Core, The Lordz

Colomish
Private First Class - Opel Blitz

Re: POTZBLITZ V9.51 AUG23th 2019

Post by Colomish »

I’m addicted to this mod however I’m very curious if there’s a list for all the events and it’s requirements? Heard CP was hard so been stubborn enough to keep playing them until I either win as them or get bested after the war however I realized there was an event system that I haven’t noticed until turn 32....
Februarius

Post by Februarius »

Hi Robotron,

First let me thank you for this wonderful piece of work.
With POTZBLITZ installed this game is the best possible WW1 strategic experience.

Only thing that I would like to change for my own gaming preference is the number of turns. Right now it seems a bit low.
I would like to have as longest possible campaign (Time of Fury grand campaign with 450 turns comes to my mind :) ).

So if I would to increase number of turns to lets say x2 or x4 how much would this screw the campaign balance?
Would it be possible to adjust other parameters (perhaps tehnology) to balance things out?

I am prepared to sacrifice some historical accuracy for the sake of prolonged gaming experience.
I would appreciate your comments on how to change this effectively.

Once again thank you for this wonderful mod and your help.

Kind regards,
Februarius
Robotron
Brigadier-General - Elite Grenadier

Post by Robotron »

@Colomish:
You must have overlooked the manual included in the download archive: a detailed PDF of more than 100 pages with explanations to all additional rules and features. You can find the description to most events from page 26 onwards. 8)

@Februarius:
I'm sorry to say this but I can't help you with your request.
See, I had to invest quite a lot of time and thought changing the original number of turns to fit the length of the game to the needs of my mod.
Changing the number of turns again is nearly impossible now since too many parts of the scripts would have to be re-balanced and re-edited, likely literally thousands of edits.
That's an effort I won't invest again in this project, I hope you will understand. :|

To both of you thanks for the feedback and have fun with the game.
Slitherine's Commander the Great War - Director's Cut: POTZBLITZ mod!
FIND IT HERE: http://www.slitherine.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=218&t=77884&p=662610#p662610
MarechalJoffre
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G

Post by MarechalJoffre »

Just wanted to say thank you @Robotron for this project. It's amazingly detailed, and I have thus far sunk 50+ hours into CGTW just with this mod. No other WWI game can surpass this in my opinion, and I've tried many other like To End All Wars, SC:WWI Classic etc. Great work!
Robotron

Post by Robotron »

Thank you very much MarechalJoffre.

I'm still trying to refine the game so people can expect a new update before christmas.
FIND IT HERE: http://www.slitherine.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=218&t=77884&p=662610#p662610
anguille
2nd Lieutenant - Panzer IVF/2
2nd Lieutenant - Panzer IVF/2

Post by anguille »

Very interested to install this. Just finished a normal game and would love to start a new one with your mod.
Robotron

Post by Robotron »

I'd like to wish all forum members a happy new 2020 or as we here in Germany say: "einen guten Rutsch ins neue Jahr" (literally: a happy transition into the new year).

Potzblitz mod will return with a brand-new Version 10 any time soon in January 2020 including quite a lot of improvements/balancing/bugfixes for ardent fans.

See you soon & cheerio! :mrgreen:
Kossatx
Sergeant - 7.5 cm FK 16 nA
Sergeant - 7.5 cm FK 16 nA

Post by Kossatx »

Have a happy transition into the new year you too Robotron :D
Zombo
Sergeant First Class - Panzer IIIL
Sergeant First Class - Panzer IIIL

Post by Zombo »

Hi Robotron

I'm back into the game after a 2019 annus horribilis

wish you a happy 200 and looking forward to your v10 installment
Robotron

Post by Robotron »

Short update about some stuff V10 will include:

- for singleplayer Entente vs CP AI: option to choose the German war plan before starting a game: Schlieffen, Aufmarsch Ost, Rupprecht or historical modified Schlieffen.
- "difficulty setting" options removed , replaced by war plan choice options
- "Austrian Defense Plans" event will neutralize danger of any Russian surprise attack. Even if Serbia surrenders to Austrian ultimatum!
- Schlieffen plan/Austrian Defense plan will exclude each other.
- new German troop setup in East Prussia, added Gumbinnen town.
- German AI units in East Prussia will be forced to stand and fight.
- German city of Posen now a fortress
- raised Russian war effort per turn before onset of Russian Supply Crisis
- onset of Russian Supply Crisis somewhat delayed
- AI front weight reworked but as of now only partially tested
- Abadan Oilfields event was defunct and now fixed
- "Muddy weather" events fixed
- "Ammo factory explosion" event now can happen as soon as "Women workforce" events got triggered
- unless Entente chooses "Guarantee Belgium Neutrality" Britain will declare war on CP on turn 4 rather than turn 3.
- choosing "British Royal Navy Review" will raise British naval transport capacity from 2 to 3
. zeppelins PP cost now 20 (was 25)
- fighter plane range down to 4 (was 5)
- Russian commanders will unlock sooner depending on German advance in the east
- lots of minor bugfixes as usual

If you still enjoy the mod and have any suggestions about stuff you would like to see, please tell me. :)
Falconette

Post by Falconette »

Many thanks for all your work, Robotron!

This mod makes C:TGW the best WW1 wargame ever.

I have a suggestion/question regarding the Russian flag. If I understand this right, you're currently using the Czar's standard in the mod. It is true that it appeared as Russian national flag on some French/Entente postcards and memorabilia, but it was due to a misunderstanding. In reality, the Russian Empire used its usual white-blue-red flag as state flag since 1888 de facto and 1896 de jure. In 1914 a new national flag "for private use" was introduced and it combined the Czar's standard with the white-blue-red colours. So I would like to ask you to edit the Russian flag if it's possible. 1914 version would be the best, but just reverting to the basic version of C:TGW would do as well. Thank you in advance! :)

berto
Corporal - Strongpoint
Corporal - Strongpoint

Post by berto »

Still following.
Campaign Series Legion, http://cslegion.com/csl/
CS Lead Coder https://www.matrixgames.com/forums/viewforum.php?f=10167
PzC & PzB Lead Coder https://wargameds.com
Robotron

Post by Robotron »

@all: sorry for the delay, I'll double my efforts.
Robotron

Post by Robotron »

As a finishing touch I've added 20 new "End Game" screens for different outcomes of the Grand Campaign.
There might also be a final "score" and "rank" feature for singleplayer, but no permanent highscore-table because load & save is done by the unmoddable core engine.

I plan V10 to be the definite final version of the mod - for real this time, besides bugfixes of course.
shri
Lance Corporal - Panzer IA

Post by shri »

Great to know @Robotron.

I don't comment often, but many like me have continued to follow this game only due to your untiring efforts.
shri

Post by shri »

BTW i have some queries on Ver 9.51-

1. Why does German morale keep going down even with capture of Brussels and holding all towns/cities in Prussia?
2. Is Russia having more PP now? they seem to attack both Germany and Austria untiringly with ease.
Robotron

Post by Robotron »

1.Without looking at your savegame I can only guess why German morale would drop.
Most likely it's because of more Russian units on German hexes than German units on Russian hexes. This will end once Tannenberg has happened (manual, page 56) or Warsaw was captured.
Another reason might be that you are taking more losses than you are causing enemy casualties.

2. Yes, Russia has received a few more PP to be able to better prepared for the Russian Supply Crisis event in 1915. Just wait until spring/summer 1915 then they will run out of steam.
shri

Post by shri »

Thanks.

So, i tried the alternative Eastern attack as Germany and by mid 1915 i had just 1 leader in the east and none in west- Falkenhyn. Granted i being a bad player couldn't capture Minsk or Riga in 1914.

But the German army running out of leadership is WAD? Also, can't Germany have some more leaders? so many were famous.
OTOH Austria is swimming in leadership, every second army has one by 1916. Weird.
shri

Post by shri »

The German leaders take more time to come and come only after substantial casualties are lost, problem is when you go east you don't lose those casualties in belgium and thus have lots of PP to build a real Navy and go JUTLAND but not much army casualties.
Robotron

Post by Robotron »

The problem here is that the game does not support specific commander prerequisites for different scenarios.
In the case of the Eastern campaign I'll raise the chance for commanders to be unlocked after Russian cities were taken.

Return to “Commander the Great War : Mods & Scenario Design”