Erik's campaigns & mods

Moderators: The Artistocrats, Order of Battle Moderators

SgGhost
Private First Class - Opel Blitz
Private First Class - Opel Blitz

Re: Erik's campaigns

Post by SgGhost »

Hi Erik

I continued after the draw in Brest, choose Jutland and got another Draw there. Got all objective except connect Flensbog with Skagen. Next scenario was again to choose witch scenario to attack Denmark? :roll:
I don't have any unit that can reach Skagen within the limit of 15 turns. A paratropper can reach Skagen but then can't reconnect with Ålborg :(

/Peter
Erik2
Order of Battle Moderator

Post by Erik2 »

SgGhost wrote: Sun Jan 19, 2020 1:04 pm Hi Erik

I continued after the draw in Brest, choose Jutland and got another Draw there. Got all objective except connect Flensbog with Skagen. Next scenario was again to choose witch scenario to attack Denmark? :roll:
I don't have any unit that can reach Skagen within the limit of 15 turns. A paratropper can reach Skagen but then can't reconnect with Ålborg :(

/Peter
I have often used a loss/draw to kick the player back a step and retry the scenario or choose a different one in a branch.
Recently I've started to use this only for losses, so you're a victim of earlier cruelty on my part.
When I revise any earlier campaigns I'll fix this.

Note that you can always use the cheat #igotnukes to get an automatic win if you want to move to the next scenario (hit shift c on the keyboard to open the console)
Finally, I'll probably add more turns to the Denmark scenario(s).
ColonelY
Colonel - Ju 88A
Colonel - Ju 88A

Post by ColonelY »

Great work, thanks a lot, the first scenario (in Germany West 45) is just fantastic! 8)

I have a problem with another campaign that I can't actually begin... :?

Germany East 45 -> there is the map of Europe, the selection of the Goldap scenario (the first one, so that's fine) -> it's loading, then I click the "continue" button and then there is just a simple picture of the map... (which looks like the preview.png) :shock: I've no idea why...
Last edited by ColonelY on Sun Jan 19, 2020 4:50 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Dwightd
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G

Post by Dwightd »

Just went back to the US corp for the fun of it

US-CORP 44-45, V1.2, Omaha Beach lvl4

The trigger for the main objective counts 6 VP's but only shows 5 when you look at the details. It appears Louvieres is used in the count, but is not identified in the details
Louvieres.jpg
Louvieres.jpg (437.23 KiB) Viewed 1970 times
The objective/trigger work correctly, just took a little looking to figure the 6th VP. No biggie, it was pretty obvious anyway.

So I do have a wish list item also. There are basically two waves in the deployment phase, two rows of placement spots. After the scenario starts, you have to wait to capture a VP and wait 3 turns to deploy any addition CP.

How about having another wave on turn 3 or 4. Like the way you did on the UK/Canadian beach scenarios. I lik the way that works :)

As always, great work :!:
ColonelY
Colonel - Ju 88A
Colonel - Ju 88A

Post by ColonelY »

ColonelY wrote: Sun Jan 19, 2020 3:21 pm I have a problem with another campaign that I can't actually begin... :?

Germany East 45 -> there is the map of Europe, the selection of the Goldap scenario (the first one, so that's fine) -> it's loading, then I click the "continue" button and then there is just a simple picture of the map... (which looks like the preview.png) :shock: I've no idea why...
I am playing with version 7.1.4 of OOB :wink: , but this shouldn't be the reason, should it? :?
Erik2

Post by Erik2 »

ColonelY wrote: Mon Jan 20, 2020 8:16 am
ColonelY wrote: Sun Jan 19, 2020 3:21 pm I have a problem with another campaign that I can't actually begin... :?

I am playing with version 7.1.4 of OOB :wink: , but this shouldn't be the reason, should it? :?
Don't know...this campaign works fine for me. Just tested the first 2 scenarios.
I think the campaign and all scenarios were saved in 8.3.
Maybe time for an update, Colonel
Erik2

Post by Erik2 »

Dwight

Thanks for reporting, added to my list.

This campaign is one of my many Panzer Corps conversions.
I try to stay true to the original map and units (showing a bit of respect for the original designers. :) )

BrucErik CSD Studios will maybe do a US Normandy campaign at some point, similar in scope to the UK/Can version.
It is a lot of work though, so not in the near future.
Dwightd
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G

Post by Dwightd »

Erik2 wrote: Mon Jan 20, 2020 12:03 pm BrucErik CSD Studios will maybe do a US Normandy campaign at some point, similar in scope to the UK/Can version.
It is a lot of work though, so not in the near future.
That is something worth waiting for :wink:

While your on the US-Corp 44-45 list, I have another one to add.

On Pointe du Hoc, I got credit for taking a primary objective before I took it :shock:

As you can see, I have not taken Isigny-sur-Mer yet, but I was awarded a minor victory. I have taken 2 of the three objects, but not this one. This happened on turn 17 of 20.
VP location.jpg
VP location.jpg (391.41 KiB) Viewed 1913 times
Must of been the overwhelming force surrounding them :wink:
Last edited by Dwightd on Mon Jan 20, 2020 10:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ColonelY
Colonel - Ju 88A
Colonel - Ju 88A

Post by ColonelY »

Erik2 wrote: Mon Jan 20, 2020 11:55 am Don't know...this campaign works fine for me. Just tested the first 2 scenarios.
I think the campaign and all scenarios were saved in 8.3.
Maybe time for an update, Colonel
Indeed, this update may be required :cry: because some units have been added with this 8.3 version... And if some of those units are on a scenario, this one seems not to work! :evil:

I've checked this by opening the first 2 scenarios in the Editor, just to take a look... on the russian side, there was many strange units called "Type 97 Shinhoto Chi-Ha" as some tanks but anyway without the correct skin (I mean without the skin of all other surroundings soviets tanks) and even some trucks transporting some art or something called as well "Type 97..." with the picture of this japanese tank within the unit list -> those are probably some of the units added by the 8.3 upgrade. :wink:
Zekedia222
Staff Sergeant - StuG IIIF

Post by Zekedia222 »

The Shinhoto Chi Ha is the unit that replaces any units not available in your version, but that ARE placed in a scenario.
Klinger, you're dumber than you look, and THAT boggles the MIND.
- Charles Emerson Winchester III
ColonelY
Colonel - Ju 88A
Colonel - Ju 88A

Post by ColonelY »

Yes, you're right :) , it corresponds to what I've seen when opening these scenarios in the editor. But then the corresponding scenarios are unplayable - I'll have to consider upgrading my OoB... :wink:
Zekedia222

Post by Zekedia222 »

Which version are you playing in?
Zekedia222

Post by Zekedia222 »

I noticed a few things while playing your Germany Grand Campaign. I’m not sure if you have the invasion for Poland uploaded for download, but there is an excessive amount of Polish tanks. If you keep obliterating the 7TPs, they keep re-appearing. Keep in mind, only 140 7TPs could’ve been in service at any point, as thats about how many were produced before the September campaign.
Erik2

Post by Erik2 »

Zekedia222 wrote: Mon Jan 20, 2020 11:21 pm I noticed a few things while playing your Germany Grand Campaign. I’m not sure if you have the invasion for Poland uploaded for download, but there is an excessive amount of Polish tanks. If you keep obliterating the 7TPs, they keep re-appearing. Keep in mind, only 140 7TPs could’ve been in service at any point, as thats about how many were produced before the September campaign.
Which scenario is this?
ColonelY
Colonel - Ju 88A
Colonel - Ju 88A

Post by ColonelY »

Zekedia222 wrote: Mon Jan 20, 2020 10:10 pm Which version are you playing in?
The version 7.1.4. 8)
GabeKnight
Lieutenant-General - Karl-Gerat 040
Lieutenant-General - Karl-Gerat 040

Post by GabeKnight »

ColonelY wrote: Tue Jan 21, 2020 10:53 am
Zekedia222 wrote: Mon Jan 20, 2020 10:10 pm Which version are you playing in?
The version 7.1.4. 8)
Then you should update your game to the current build v8.3 ASAP.
Some of your reported issues may be caused by this.
bru888

Post by bru888 »

@Erik - Quick tip: Wherever you have those V1 Flying Bombs, in addition to setting them for Experience = 10, make them Aggression = 100. Else, as I noticed in St. Vith, some of them choose to land at an airfield.

Edit: Which they continued to do, some of them, on the first turn despite the heightened aggression (and assigning them land unit targets). However, they took off again on the second turn and attacked, which is fine.
- Bru
ColonelY
Colonel - Ju 88A
Colonel - Ju 88A

Post by ColonelY »

I like the idea of using these Flying Bombs... but they do actually only few damage, don't they? :(
terminator
Field Marshal - Elefant
Field Marshal - Elefant

Post by terminator »

bru888 wrote: Thu Jan 23, 2020 11:38 pm @Erik - Quick tip: Wherever you have those V1 Flying Bombs, in addition to setting them for Experience = 10, make them Aggression = 100. Else, as I noticed in St. Vith, some of them choose to land at an airfield.

Edit: Which they continued to do, some of them, on the first turn despite the heightened aggression (and assigning them land unit targets). However, they took off again on the second turn and attacked, which is fine.
It’s because the "V1" are OUT OF GAS and some will refuel at the airfield :

Vith(1).jpg
Vith(1).jpg (394.72 KiB) Viewed 1665 times

On takeoff :

Vith(2).jpg
Vith(2).jpg (356.34 KiB) Viewed 1665 times

:arrow: If you set FUEL=5 e.g. at Scenario Start it is OK :idea:

Vith(3).jpg
Vith(3).jpg (252.92 KiB) Viewed 1665 times

PS: if Fuel < 2 the "V1" will return to base :!:
Last edited by terminator on Fri Jan 24, 2020 1:12 pm, edited 11 times in total.
terminator
Field Marshal - Elefant
Field Marshal - Elefant

Post by terminator »

2qbI.gif
2qbI.gif (510.68 KiB) Viewed 1649 times

:arrow: The file with Fuel = 5 at Scenario Start :
01Vith(V1Fuel).zip
(494.06 KiB) Downloaded 53 times

LankyTornIndianrhinoceros-size_restricted.gif
LankyTornIndianrhinoceros-size_restricted.gif (945.03 KiB) Viewed 1644 times