Battle For Caen: Phase 1 Beta Release

PC : Battle Academy is a turn based tactical WWII game with almost limitless modding opportnuities.

Moderators: Slitherine Core, BA Moderators

shermanVC
Corporal - Strongpoint
Corporal - Strongpoint

Battle For Caen: Phase 1 Beta Release

Post by shermanVC »

Hey Lads, Beta Version is here

Battle For Caen, Let's cheer for British Commonwealth Force who fought in Normandy

Here is the google drive: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1LQLaC ... IQ_PHEw_-Q

Currently, there are 8 missions, 3 Canadian and 5 British. All missions happened in June, Cross Oden happens on 28 June, and all others happened around D-day.
I heard the limitation for a Campaign is 32 missions, so if I made too many for the final project, I ll split it into first half and second half.

I m not going to talk too much about the mission itself, but I ll show some pictures.

If u r interested, download it and try it out.

Please leave feedback to me, so I can improve the Campaign. Maybe some missions are not well polished, so please report any bugs if you encounter one, I ll see what I can do for u.

Hope u all love it, and thx for everyone who helped me.
Attachments
20200119165902_1.jpg
20200119165902_1.jpg (615.86 KiB) Viewed 5239 times
20191104222924_1.jpg
20191104222924_1.jpg (551.47 KiB) Viewed 5239 times
20200119165523_1.jpg
20200119165523_1.jpg (325.71 KiB) Viewed 5239 times
shermanVC
Corporal - Strongpoint
Corporal - Strongpoint

Re: Battle For Caen: Phase 1 Beta Release

Post by shermanVC »

More Screenshots
Attachments
20190524112518_1.jpg
20190524112518_1.jpg (346.78 KiB) Viewed 5237 times
20200119171455_1.jpg
20200119171455_1.jpg (554.71 KiB) Viewed 5237 times
20200119171620_1.jpg
20200119171620_1.jpg (746.55 KiB) Viewed 5237 times
shermanVC
Corporal - Strongpoint
Corporal - Strongpoint

Post by shermanVC »

Here is the Mega File Link: https://mega.nz/#F!5Y8CWQhC

Make Sure Evey File is downloaded

This is a reference picture, make sure u have the same files.
Attachments
All Files.png
All Files.png (33.79 KiB) Viewed 5235 times
shermanVC
Corporal - Strongpoint
Corporal - Strongpoint

Post by shermanVC »

And here is the RAR compressed file, also google drive: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1ituGk ... XaUHhgugBX

Hope it will help
Eagletanker
Sergeant - Panzer IIC
Sergeant - Panzer IIC

Post by Eagletanker »

Okay, finished playing the campaign. You did pretty well. I suggest you add some high vegetation and edging to some levels, as they can be pretty bare at times. I like the changing loading screens you have and will try to figure it out so I can do some for Barbarossa.
shermanVC
Corporal - Strongpoint
Corporal - Strongpoint

Post by shermanVC »

TankerOne wrote: Tue Jan 21, 2020 5:00 am Okay, finished playing the campaign. You did pretty well. I suggest you add some high vegetation and edging to some levels, as they can be pretty bare at times. I like the changing loading screens you have and will try to figure it out so I can do some for Barbarossa.
Thank you for the feedback.
shermanVC
Corporal - Strongpoint
Corporal - Strongpoint

Post by shermanVC »

Ok...
It looks the mod is not... played by many people. And only one feedback.
Glad I made many missions, so it can be treated as the final version.
I am not going to develop it anymore. I know it is a really old game at the moment, and it will be leak of players.
Still thanks for everyone's support.
macrun11
Private First Class - Opel Blitz
Private First Class - Opel Blitz

Post by macrun11 »

Hello ShermanVC, I just finished a 14 hr shift working on the R.R. Had a few! B.A is my favorite game ever! I still follow the forum every day. I just want to thank you for your effort, I just finished the 2nd mission, its people like you who keep this game alive! your hard work is greatly appreciated! I always hoped that there is going to be a B.A. revival . Your work is
outstanding!! Great Work Sir....I will finish your campaign ASAP!

Really nice work Sir!
Fluffi
Senior Corporal - Destroyer

Post by Fluffi »

For whatever reason I forgot that people also post mods and scenarios in the main Battle Academy forums and not just in the Scenario Designs and Modders Corner pages. The screenshots look impressive to say the least! I am somewhat unsure about having a campaign that's 32 missions long, given that the campaigns from the base game average out at 9 (Operation Husky having 10 I believe), and the most I've seen in a campaign so far has been around 13 missions from Dkdom's Normandy British maps. However that's still up to you, so if you want to set the record of biggest campaign in Battle Academy then I'm all for it (even if it puts a dent into my hard drive's storage space lol)!
shermanVC
Corporal - Strongpoint
Corporal - Strongpoint

Post by shermanVC »

DatMoff wrote: Tue Jan 28, 2020 2:40 am For whatever reason I forgot that people also post mods and scenarios in the main Battle Academy forums and not just in the Scenario Designs and Modders Corner pages. The screenshots look impressive to say the least! I am somewhat unsure about having a campaign that's 32 missions long, given that the campaigns from the base game average out at 9 (Operation Husky having 10 I believe), and the most I've seen in a campaign so far has been around 13 missions from Dkdom's Normandy British maps. However that's still up to you, so if you want to set the record of biggest campaign in Battle Academy then I'm all for it (even if it puts a dent into my hard drive's storage space lol)!
Hmmm, sorry I do not use the forum that much. And thanks for the support.
Should I also post it on the modder corner?

thank you
Fluffi

Post by Fluffi »

Well, I rarely check the "main forum", which basically is the forum that we're currently in. I'm fine with you putting it in the Modder's Corner or in Scenario design, but ultimately it's your choice if you want to do that.
Paul59
General - King Tiger
General - King Tiger

Post by Paul59 »

I would guess that most people (ie: non modders) only look at the main forum though. I did start by putting my Italian Skirmish mod on the Modders forum, and have had very few downloads. The mods I later posted on the Main forum have had quite a bit more.
Field of Glory II Scenario Designer - Age of Belisarius, Rise of Persia, Wolves at the Gate and Swifter than Eagles.

Field of Glory II Medieval Scenario Designer.

FOGII TT Mod Creator

Warhammer 40,000: Sanctus Reach Tournament Scenario Designer.
Fluffi

Post by Fluffi »

@Paul
That's true. Speaking of, I was planning on doing a campaign based off of your 1946 Cold War mod, but the only thing holding me back is my very limited experience with creating campaigns overall (I've attempted to make campaigns in the past, but without much success because I didn't even know how to upload scenarios back then). To be fair though, it'd probably be more logical for me to talk about this on that thread rather than here but here we are I guess. : P
Paul59
General - King Tiger
General - King Tiger

Post by Paul59 »

DatMoff wrote: Wed Jan 29, 2020 5:09 am @Paul
That's true. Speaking of, I was planning on doing a campaign based off of your 1946 Cold War mod, but the only thing holding me back is my very limited experience with creating campaigns overall (I've attempted to make campaigns in the past, but without much success because I didn't even know how to upload scenarios back then). To be fair though, it'd probably be more logical for me to talk about this on that thread rather than here but here we are I guess. : P
Rico has already created some scenarios based on my Spanish Civil War Mod. I think they are stand alone scenarios rather than linked in a campaign. I have no objection to you using my mods for that purpose.
Field of Glory II Scenario Designer - Age of Belisarius, Rise of Persia, Wolves at the Gate and Swifter than Eagles.

Field of Glory II Medieval Scenario Designer.

FOGII TT Mod Creator

Warhammer 40,000: Sanctus Reach Tournament Scenario Designer.
Fluffi

Post by Fluffi »

Just out of curiosity, will the British Shermans use the Sherman II skin from Merr's Random Skirmish scenarios? Assuming that the reskinned M3 Stuart isn't going to be the only unit that gets a makeover for the campaign itself.
shermanVC
Corporal - Strongpoint
Corporal - Strongpoint

Post by shermanVC »

DatMoff wrote: Sat Feb 01, 2020 2:16 am Just out of curiosity, will the British Shermans use the Sherman II skin from Merr's Random Skirmish scenarios? Assuming that the reskinned M3 Stuart isn't going to be the only unit that gets a makeover for the campaign itself.
R u asking about this campaign? The Sherman is already changed slightly...
Fluffi

Post by Fluffi »

Yes, I was asking that. I only asked this because I didn't really see any Sherman's in the given screenshots and I was just going off of the retextured Stuart in the earlier screenshot
shermanVC
Corporal - Strongpoint
Corporal - Strongpoint

Post by shermanVC »

DatMoff wrote: Tue Feb 04, 2020 7:52 pm Yes, I was asking that. I only asked this because I didn't really see any Sherman's in the given screenshots and I was just going off of the retextured Stuart in the earlier screenshot
In my old post "Battle of Caen - Anglo-German Battle of Normandy", I showed most retexture for the allied units. U can check it out.
Fluffi

Post by Fluffi »

I did, and now I'm thinking to myself "why do I ask these questions like as if half of the website is blocked off for me". The answer is probably because I'm oblivious to everything around me. Regardless, I'm somewhat intrigued by the Canadian/British sniper unit because I don't recall the sniper unit being a two-man squad usually.
ME262
Corporal - Strongpoint
Corporal - Strongpoint

Post by ME262 »

hello Sherman, I have been having a great time playing the cean beta, scenario # six is very tough, after many attemps I cannot win this one.. there are several scripts that are empty and the number of allied loses seems way way to low to even come close to winning. I hope you can adjust this one in your second release? or maybe you can just explain how to kick this ones *ss :twisted: the maps are awesome!

Return to “Battle Academy”