Moderators: Order of Battle Moderators, The Artistocrats

gunny
Sergeant First Class - Elite Panzer IIIL

Custom Poland Campaign 1939

Post by gunny »

Download Link: http://www.mediafire.com/file/9oxidnudr ... 9.zip/file

Human Player: Germany

Disclaimer: The Scenario maps are not historically accurate the units are in the basic timeline. The goal was to provide a somewhat easy, enjoyable, campaign for relaxing play.

Many thanks to Eric2, bru888, vexiliant, Zekedia222, LNDavoust, terminator, and others who answered various posts in the forums enabling a little more depth in the campaign by providing advice on triggers and such which is limited though by my imagination.

You should see something like this below when you click on the link:
camp download.png
camp download.png (21.78 KiB) Viewed 3861 times
robertahyuk
Sergeant Major - Armoured Train

Re: Custom Poland Campaign 1939

Post by robertahyuk »

I just downloaded your campaign and will give it a shot before the week-end. Looks interesting from what I've seen. Good job!!!
ColonelY
Colonel - Ju 88A
Colonel - Ju 88A

Post by ColonelY »

:D Thanks, a lot of fun!

For a long time in the second scenario I was wondering: "Where the hell is this guy, the Gruden or something..." :lol:

In Lebensraum-scenario, maybe simply change this text a little: "Stand by for reinforcements. New primary objectives." -> Actually, these new primary objectives appear at the beginning of the next turn, so what about something like "[...] reinforcements. New primary objectives coming soon." :wink:
gunny

Post by gunny »

Thanks for comments I will look into that - Some things I need to do early today first thing this morning but am looking forward to checking this out later today as time permits.

There are also other improvements that need doing too for example the 2nd scenario was made over a year ago the older scenario editor but did not finish it until recently and I could not figure out how to get things to work without the player moving a unit around there is probably an easy fix but I can;t figure it out got worn out play testing it trying to figure things out.
ColonelY
Colonel - Ju 88A
Colonel - Ju 88A

Post by ColonelY »

Scen. 2: But if we send the available ATs and art (which are slow to move) directly forward to help for the defensive stand in the woods, one is anyway moving units... including the firsts recon task and the small polish counterattack to take care around the same woods, we have units moving more or less all the time anyway. :wink: So this shouldn't be a "real" problem...
GabeKnight
Lieutenant-General - Karl-Gerat 040

Post by GabeKnight »

gunny wrote: Tue Jan 28, 2020 1:35 pm [...] and I could not figure out how to get things to work without the player moving a unit around [...]
Try "turn start" as trigger event instead of "move event".

Thanks for sharing the campaign, gunny, but seriously, who the f**k is this Gruden??? :?: :shock: :shock: :?: :lol:
gunny

Post by gunny »

GabeKnight wrote: Tue Jan 28, 2020 4:42 pm

Thanks for sharing the campaign, gunny, but seriously, who the f**k is this Gruden??? :?: :shock: :shock: :?: :lol:
[/quote]

Yeah lol its just a pic of a guy in a German uniform given a name I made up so that I can give the player a "reason" to be able to buy any type of available units they want to complete the mission which then will be part of their corp. "Disclaimer: The Scenario maps are not historically accurate ..." plus I wanted to add some hopefully humor to the campaign....

Thanks for the turn start suggestion
gunny

Post by gunny »

ColonelY wrote: Tue Jan 28, 2020 2:26 pm Scen. 2: But if we send the available ATs and art (which are slow to move) directly forward to help for the defensive stand in the woods, one is anyway moving units... including the firsts recon task and the small polish counterattack to take care around the same woods, we have units moving more or less all the time anyway. :wink: So this shouldn't be a "real" problem...

Yeah I do a lot of assumptions - All the stuff at the HQ in the second scenario is eye candy I probably need to make most of those units unable to move I think at one time I had them that way then I allowed them to move this can be confusing This scenario actually was made over a year or so ago using the older editor I think or something but it was made a long time ago then finally recently within the last 2 months or so I made all the other scenarios. I intentionally did not give any unit transport because I did not want the player to be able to use those units for anything for various reasons one being I would then have to figure out more play balance - but then I eventually gave the Bautruppe (spelling) unit transport as it is neat having that tiny unit in ones corp in case a player has 1 helment (landcp) left etc. so I gave the Buatruppe transport. If a unit is not moved (only from turns 1-20) various pop ups will not work and even I think the other primary objective will never show up - I assumed people would only be moving the units out in the field - it is great to hear what some players are actually doing. You may have used auto movement each turn by giving a unit a long move order I completely forgot about that ..
gunny

Post by gunny »

ColonelY wrote: Tue Jan 28, 2020 1:32 pm :D Thanks, a lot of fun!

For a long time in the second scenario I was wondering: "Where the hell is this guy, the Gruden or something..." :lol:

In Lebensraum-scenario, maybe simply change this text a little: "Stand by for reinforcements. New primary objectives." -> Actually, these new primary objectives appear at the beginning of the next turn, so what about something like "[...] reinforcements. New primary objectives coming soon." :wink:

Ok I changed the text - hope I got it right ... I uploaded the "fix" to scenario 1 and so there is a new .zip file having the same exact name but in it the scenario 1 is fixed. I choose at MediaFire to Replace the other file that was uploaded so I hope this will not glitch anything - it should not glitch anything at all.

scenario1.png
scenario1.png (441.59 KiB) Viewed 3763 times
Actually that pic when ya convert it to 512 x 415 which is required it actually is not exactly to scale I should probably fix that - the only way I know how is to make a 512 x 415 blank slate then put this pic in that slate to scale which will then probably make the pic smaller AND there will be a white border in areas around the pic which takes away from the overall ambiance ... lol so forgetaboutit.
Navman2854
Sergeant - 7.5 cm FK 16 nA
Sergeant - 7.5 cm FK 16 nA

Post by Navman2854 »

gunny, d/l'd campaign and currently just starting the Warsaw scen. Interesting game play, fun yes, some different concepts which is cool. A few comments: 1) Love the maps! 2) The briefings are a little long at times, a tad confusing. Suggestion - shorter may be a little better. To use an acronym = TMI. Also, a few misspellings (minor point). 3) Don't know if this is a game glitch but if an upgrade is attempted during deployment phase, a blank upgrade console appears and can't be closed. Fortunately, Esc key will pull up Options menu, can exit to menu and then get back to scen again. 4) Not sure about the airfields being "open". Great for my air units but personally prefer the possession be one side or the other. I love capturing airfields :D

All in all though, very good job. If you continue designing/creating, I think you'll get better and better. I like the little bit of thinking outside the box.
terminator
Field Marshal - Elefant
Field Marshal - Elefant

Post by terminator »

gunny wrote: Tue Jan 28, 2020 6:35 pm Actually that pic when ya convert it to 512 x 415 which is required it actually is not exactly to scale I should probably fix that - the only way I know how is to make a 512 x 415 blank slate then put this pic in that slate to scale which will then probably make the pic smaller AND there will be a white border in areas around the pic which takes away from the overall ambiance ... lol so forgetaboutit.
1-armored-car-sdkfz222-dmitry-laudin.png
1-armored-car-sdkfz222-dmitry-laudin.png (241.22 KiB) Viewed 3722 times

2-armored-car-sdkfz222-dmitry-laudin.png
2-armored-car-sdkfz222-dmitry-laudin.png (253.33 KiB) Viewed 3722 times

armored-car-sdkfz222-dmitry-laudin.png
armored-car-sdkfz222-dmitry-laudin.png (271.14 KiB) Viewed 3722 times

PS: I used the software paint.net(freeware) to make the retouches(Resize...Canvas Size...Flip Horizontal) and add a thin black border with a layer :idea:
You can directly save the images and use them if you want (maybe the last one would be best?) :wink:
GabeKnight

Post by GabeKnight »

gunny wrote: Tue Jan 28, 2020 6:02 pm
GabeKnight wrote: Tue Jan 28, 2020 4:42 pm Gruden
Yeah lol its just a pic of a guy in a German uniform given a name I made up so that I can give the player a "reason" to be able to buy any type of available units they want to complete the mission which then will be part of their corp. "Disclaimer: The Scenario maps are not historically accurate ..." plus I wanted to add some hopefully humor to the campaign....
Okay, thanks. Actually it was kind of funny because the whole thing made no sense to me up until he shot himself. But I loved the name: Gruden. Sounds cool. Gruden. Gruuuuuden. :lol:

The explanation inside the scen was somewhat "sketchy", as I was expecting some reinforcements to appear - at the very least some AI controlled new units. But nothing happened for some turns. That was strange.

Good idea with the "surrender" scen. Unconventional, but cool. I didn't believe you and actually DID MOVE my units.... :lol:
Other than that it was like 94 command points for me against 5 Soviet units...sorry to the scen designer, but I was getting bored and started to massacre the defenseless Poles...yeah, yeah, I know, typical Germans... :lol:
gunny

Post by gunny »

Navman2854 wrote: Wed Jan 29, 2020 4:58 am gunny, d/l'd campaign and currently just starting the Warsaw scen. Interesting game play, fun yes, some different concepts which is cool. A few comments: 1) Love the maps! 2) The briefings are a little long at times, a tad confusing. Suggestion - shorter may be a little better. To use an acronym = TMI. Also, a few misspellings (minor point). 3) Don't know if this is a game glitch but if an upgrade is attempted during deployment phase, a blank upgrade console appears and can't be closed. Fortunately, Esc key will pull up Options menu, can exit to menu and then get back to scen again. 4) Not sure about the airfields being "open". Great for my air units but personally prefer the possession be one side or the other. I love capturing airfields :D

All in all though, very good job. If you continue designing/creating, I think you'll get better and better. I like the little bit of thinking outside the box.
Thanks for the comments the briefings are long in case the person playing it was a noobie but perhaps they should be shorter as most anyone playing it will not need all the lingo. I hate misspelled words especially in something that is going to be read potentially by many so I hate that happened. I am worn out now by designing cause it took me I think longer than the average person to figure stuff out but I should figure out where the misspellings are and fix them. I will play test the upgrade thing. ... I probably did not check the ability to buy units prior to the scenario start or something I even found glitches where some triggers will not work if certain trigger events are not certain things but some triggers seem to work with any event but NOT with capture or move event EVEN THOUGH A CAPTURE OR MOVE EVENT OCCURS and it takes a lot of play testing to figure this out anyway, The SS units are designed to be as is - as acquired and not upgraded and if the player looses one its gone forever the main thing I wanted to do was think outside of the box so am glad you experienced that.
gunny

Post by gunny »

terminator wrote: Wed Jan 29, 2020 6:09 am

PS: I used the software paint.net(freeware) to make the retouches(Resize...Canvas Size...Flip Horizontal) and add a thin black border with a layer :idea:
You can directly save the images and use them if you want (maybe the last one would be best?) :wink:
This is embarrassing I actually have the free paint.net already on my computer I downloaded it a long time ago but got to lazy to try and figure it out. This is the program to use thanks for the tips.

Regarding the pics though the campaign has some sillyness to it - I prefer this pic to be more dramatic seems the last pic with the two guys they are having to much fun being in enemy territory so perhaps I will just steal the middle pic ... Thanks
gunny

Post by gunny »

[/quote]
Okay, thanks. Actually it was kind of funny because the whole thing made no sense to me up until he shot himself. But I loved the name: Gruden. Sounds cool. Gruden. Gruuuuuden. :lol:

The explanation inside the scen was somewhat "sketchy", as I was expecting some reinforcements to appear - at the very least some AI controlled new units. But nothing happened for some turns. That was strange.

Good idea with the "surrender" scen. Unconventional, but cool. I didn't believe you and actually DID MOVE my units.... :lol:
Other than that it was like 94 command points for me against 5 Soviet units...sorry to the scen designer, but I was getting bored and started to massacre the defenseless Poles...yeah, yeah, I know, typical Germans... :lol:
[/quote]

There is some down time in the campaign where the player clicks through the turns ok what now .. moments ... how about when the stupid planes show up and just continue to pound the feeble recon unit. Everyone is getting pounded by the planes for a few turns right ?? Then the pop up happens I think thats hilarious so untypical OOB type scenario. Also many scenarios have probably to many turns but I hope this allows the player without using a cheat to accomplish the mission in a different manner such as repairing a bridge or going way around or something. The surrender scenario I just wanted to see if I could actually have the units move off the map and "surrender" then I added the trigger to what if someone moves a unit ... knowing I would do the same thing ... then I though ok what now this is a stupid scenario who wants to watch a bunch of units move off the map ... so then I brought back the Russian Babe ... maybe I should put in a bunch more Russian units or give less corps units or both but one does have to find all the Rooskies to win without the thing telling the player how many are left ... I think thats how it works but then its easy to find them.
gunny

Post by gunny »

SS UPGRADE Blank screen fix = Click on the units screen shown on the left side of play window
Navman2854 wrote: Wed Jan 29, 2020 4:58 am gunny, d/l'd campaign and currently just starting the Warsaw scen. Interesting game play, fun yes, some different concepts which is cool. A few comments: 1) Love the maps! 2) The briefings are a little long at times, a tad confusing. Suggestion - shorter may be a little better. To use an acronym = TMI. Also, a few misspellings (minor point). 3) Don't know if this is a game glitch but if an upgrade is attempted during deployment phase, a blank upgrade console appears and can't be closed. Fortunately, Esc key will pull up Options menu, can exit to menu and then get back to scen again. 4) Not sure about the airfields being "open". Great for my air units but personally prefer the possession be one side or the other. I love capturing airfields :D

Ok I play tested it again using the igotnukes cheat seems the upgrade of a unit attempted during the deployment phase ONLY occurs with the SS units I wanted to simulate the SS units coming into the corp as is and that they got thrown out of the SS ect. and had no access to upgrades I did notice that ESC only works but stumbled today on if one clicks on the units screen on the left when this blank screen comes up (this screen is the SS upgrade screen which is blank... ) ok so if one clicks on the units screen on the left which is listing some units then it clicks back into the game.

Regarding the airfields I spent hours trying to figure out how to get enemy AI planes to work but was to dense to figure it out I got them to spawn in, to attack, but could not get them to go back and refuel they would simply keep flying around until out of gas even tried different aggression levels but it is something simple I must do but who knows so it wore me out. Fortunately when one does shoot down the bombers in whatever scenario that is they can be shot down before they run out of gas. It peeves me that an enemy AI infantry unit will automatically give itself resources if its weak but a plane it seems will fly around and auger in rather than returning to land and refuel and auto reinforce itself I can't get them to do it .. its something simple but who knows. I actually should not be making scenarios wherein I give the player planes then they do not even shoot down planes and take airfields and stuff woo hoo
GabeKnight

Post by GabeKnight »

gunny wrote: Wed Jan 29, 2020 8:05 pm SS UPGRADE Blank screen fix = Click on the units screen shown on the left side of play window

ok so if one clicks on the units screen on the left which is listing some units then it clicks back into the game.
Or use the "P" hotkey to remove the purchase screen.
("F" for the force tab)
gunny

Post by gunny »

GabeKnight wrote: Wed Jan 29, 2020 8:15 pm
gunny wrote: Wed Jan 29, 2020 8:05 pm SS UPGRADE Blank screen fix = Click on the units screen shown on the left side of play window

ok so if one clicks on the units screen on the left which is listing some units then it clicks back into the game.
Or use the "P" hotkey to remove the purchase screen.
("F" for the force tab)
Thanks GabeKnight I mean your as good as Captain Obvious ... That is an easy fix P key and F key
captob.png
captob.png (47.26 KiB) Viewed 3654 times
gunny

Post by gunny »

terminator wrote: Wed Jan 29, 2020 6:09 am
(a thread about the pics scenario 1)
I put in scenario 1 the correct scaled pic you provided thanks ...
robertahyuk

Post by robertahyuk »

Hey gunny! Dood job on your first campaign. I played it through and enjoyed it.
Had some trouble finding the prisoners and had to nuke that scenario but I'll figure it out.
Wish there were more scenarios but it's a fun and enjoyable campaign.
Thanks for sharing! :)

Return to “Order of Battle : World War II - Scenario Design”