New Projekt: Phcas & AKRebels "PAK"-Mod - RELEASE v2.70

A forum to discuss custom scenarios, campaigns and modding in general.

Moderators: Slitherine Core, Panzer Corps Moderators, Panzer Corps Design

AKRebel
Sergeant Major - Armoured Train

Re: New Projekt: Phcas & AKRebels Mod "PAK" - RELEASE v0.037

Post by AKRebel »

:D Thanks to everyone, that's exactly what motivates us to continue. :wink: :wink: :wink:
Ljungen81
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38

Post by Ljungen81 »

Yes, Im eagerly waiting for BIG Soviet Map. Will be EPIC! 😂
guuzidi
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38

Post by guuzidi »

Hi, one question regarding some technical issue that appeared after updating the mod to ver. 0.037. Please, see below picture:

flags.jpg
flags.jpg (423.48 KiB) Viewed 3855 times
As you see, the flags seems 'oversize', which causes some troubles with recognizing the victory hexes (gold frames are covered by flags). Any tips? Thank you in advance!
AKRebel

Post by AKRebel »

Hello guuzidi,

yes that's right with AKRebel Style the flags are big with PHCAS Style the flags are small. The problem is that you use both elements, it doesn't work!

See screenshot with AKRebel Style, so everything is visible.
If you like the big flags, you have to instead of this ImageVictoryHex Imageuse this.

If you like the small flags better, you have to change the flags.Image
guuzidi
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38

Post by guuzidi »

AKRebel wrote: Sun Feb 02, 2020 12:57 pm Hello guuzidi,

yes that's right with AKRebel Style the flags are big with PHCAS Style the flags are small. The problem is that you use both elements, it doesn't work!

See screenshot with AKRebel Style, so everything is visible.
If you like the big flags, you have to instead of this ImageVictoryHex Imageuse this.

If you like the small flags better, you have to change the flags.Image
I thought so, that I mixed up both styles.

Thank you for your kind clarification!
TonyAfan
Senior Corporal - Destroyer
Senior Corporal - Destroyer

Post by TonyAfan »

Hi
Is anybody playing multiplayer scenarios using the mod? Currently playing Kursk scenario the reworked graphics look great also better gameplay with the increased unit options and switchable units.
guille1434
Major-General - Jagdtiger
Major-General - Jagdtiger

Post by guille1434 »

Hello guys:

I write you here to tell/suggest/ask for a couple of things :D

1) Congratulations again for a new full update of this wonderful mod!

2) I wanto to share an idea that I had about very heavy artillery and their sea transports, mey be you find it interesting enough to implememt it sometime in the future:
May be you can implement a "heavy" version of the sea transport unit, designated in the equipment file to be a new transport class required to be used to move very heavy units over the sea (very heavy artillery, railroad guns, may be some heavy armored train units, and units as such). This heavy sea transport would be able to move only on deep sea and port hexes... This way, providing that the maps are made with "shallow sea" hexes adjacent to the coasts, exept for some hexes situated next to deep sea ports, would make only possible to disembark very heavy units in port hexes only ond not directly on any beach, and I think this is something "realistic" because such heavy pieces of equipment can´t be, in general, unloaded from ships without the cranes that are present on ports, but not available on any beach suitable for disembarking lighter units. May be you find this idea useful... 8) :idea:

3) In the last full update made available (v0.037) it looks like there is a duplicated folder: In the option folder, we can find the "Campaing Scenarios Big" and " Campaign Scenarios Small", but also a "Campaing Scenario (in singular, without a "S" letter) Big" which seem to contain outdated versions of the files for the Sea Lion and France scenarios.

4) Aaaand now, the unavoidable request: would you be so kind, when you find it possible, to upload "un-crewed" variants of the icons for the 35,5 cm and 42 cm howitzers?

Thanks for all and congratulations again! 8)
uzbek2012
Brigadier-General - 15 cm Nblwf 41
Brigadier-General - 15 cm Nblwf 41

Post by uzbek2012 »

Exotic will be in your mod !? :)

"Bayonet attacks with the cry " Banzai!"under the banner of the United States – not fiction, but the truth! While millions of warriors fought for the interests of Japan, thousands of their brethren fought on the other side. And fought bravely"
Source: http://union.4bb.ru/viewtopic.php?id=634&p=12#p111567
AKRebel

Post by AKRebel »

guille1434 wrote: Mon Feb 03, 2020 11:10 am Hello guys:

I write you here to tell/suggest/ask for a couple of things :D

1) Congratulations again for a new full update of this wonderful mod!
That's our pleasure... :D

2) I wanto to share an idea that I had about very heavy artillery and their sea transports, mey be you find it interesting enough to implememt it sometime in the future:
May be you can implement a "heavy" version of the sea transport unit, designated in the equipment file to be a new transport class required to be used to move very heavy units over the sea (very heavy artillery, railroad guns, may be some heavy armored train units, and units as such). This heavy sea transport would be able to move only on deep sea and port hexes... This way, providing that the maps are made with "shallow sea" hexes adjacent to the coasts, exept for some hexes situated next to deep sea ports, would make only possible to disembark very heavy units in port hexes only ond not directly on any beach, and I think this is something "realistic" because such heavy pieces of equipment can´t be, in general, unloaded from ships without the cranes that are present on ports, but not available on any beach suitable for disembarking lighter units. May be you find this idea useful... 8) :idea:
I find the idea very interesting, maybe we can implement it later.

3) In the last full update made available (v0.037) it looks like there is a duplicated folder: In the option folder, we can find the "Campaing Scenarios Big" and " Campaign Scenarios Small", but also a "Campaing Scenario (in singular, without a "S" letter) Big" which seem to contain outdated versions of the files for the Sea Lion and France scenarios.
You're right, we'll fix that with the next full download. Thanks for the hint

4) Aaaand now, the unavoidable request: would you be so kind, when you find it possible, to upload "un-crewed" variants of the icons for the 35,5 cm and 42 cm howitzers?
Nothing easier than that, here is the original version. The 35er does have a crew of guns, but they are so small that it probably won't hold much weight for you, but the 42er is completely without crew.
ImageImage

Thanks for all and congratulations again! 8)
AKRebel

Post by AKRebel »

uzbek2012 wrote: Mon Feb 03, 2020 2:48 pm Image

"Bayonet attacks with the cry " Banzai!"under the banner of the United States – not fiction, but the truth! While millions of warriors fought for the interests of Japan, thousands of their brethren fought on the other side. And fought bravely"
Hello uzbek2012,
unfortunately the page shows only photos, do you also have references with more background information, then we could possibly integrate that?
Radoye
Administrative Corporal - SdKfz 251/1
Administrative Corporal - SdKfz  251/1

Post by Radoye »

He's talking about this:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Japanese- ... rld_War_II

(although they would not be doing any "Banzai" because that would mean pledging allegiance to the Emperor of Japan, whom they were fighting against)
Farre
Administrative Corporal - SdKfz 232 8Rad
Administrative Corporal - SdKfz 232 8Rad

Post by Farre »

I have downloaded it, it is big 1,5 tb, is it just now open the file and play`

How many scenarios it include and what kind of campaigns?
Stormbringer
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38

Post by Stormbringer »

Hello,
Big thank to Phcas and Akrebels for this marvelous mod.
I have probleme, before the 0.37, all SE units go to SS state. But i'm playin grand campain, LoV Mod, etc with your mods and the ss states not exist !
The cheat code "all eqp" don't work for SE units except the air planes
Sorry for my poor english
"Seul celui qui sait comment mourir sait comment vivre"
AKRebel

Post by AKRebel »

uzbek2012 wrote: Mon Feb 03, 2020 2:48 pm Image

Hello everybody,

here is my first draft, we will integrate this unit into the mod.
USA_Inf_Japanese-American
AKRebel

Post by AKRebel »

Farre wrote: Tue Feb 04, 2020 10:25 am I have downloaded it, it is big 1,5 tb, is it just now open the file and play`

How many scenarios it include and what kind of campaigns?
Hello Farre, yes the mod is big, it will be a little bigger in the future. ;-)

We don't have our own campaign in this mod. We stick much more to the original campaign and rework the maps by making them many times larger and adding new units, features, etc. Let yourself be surprised...

Gruß AKRebel
AKRebel

Post by AKRebel »

Stormbringer wrote: Tue Feb 04, 2020 6:01 pm Hello,
Big thank to Phcas and Akrebels for this marvelous mod.
I have probleme, before the 0.37, all SE units go to SS state. But i'm playin grand campain, LoV Mod, etc with your mods and the ss states not exist !
The cheat code "all eqp" don't work for SE units except the air planes
Sorry for my poor english
Hello Stormbringer, I do not understand your question. Can you please describe the problem in more detail? Thank you
Stormbringer
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38

Post by Stormbringer »

When you play normal game for example grand campain 39-45, if you use cheat code "all eqp" you can see and buy all units of your nation (normal and se units).
With version 0.36, I can buy ss and se units. after 0.37 ss an se units have disappeared. In normal game we don't have acces to "ss nation".
"Seul celui qui sait comment mourir sait comment vivre"
Ljungen81
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38

Post by Ljungen81 »

I didnt understand how to use the ”rubber-boat unit”. They should travel fast on the rivers no? Mine had 1 movement on rivers.
AKRebel

Post by AKRebel »

Stormbringer wrote: Tue Feb 04, 2020 8:38 pm When you play normal game for example grand campain 39-45, if you use cheat code "all eqp" you can see and buy all units of your nation (normal and se units).
With version 0.36, I can buy ss and se units. after 0.37 ss an se units have disappeared. In normal game we don't have acces to "ss nation".
ok understand, i think i found the problem we will change that with the next update.
phcas
Lieutenant-General - Do 217E
Lieutenant-General - Do 217E

Post by phcas »

Ljungen81 wrote: Wed Feb 05, 2020 6:51 am I didnt understand how to use the ”rubber-boat unit”. They should travel fast on the rivers no? Mine had 1 movement on rivers.
Hi Ljungen81,

The rubber-boats are intended in the mod to cross a river to the other side not to travel over a river in long distance. In the future more "river" traveling boats will come

Return to “Panzer Corps : Scenario Design”