Panzer Corps Gold - A new chapter for a historic saga...

Get all the latest news on Slitherine.

Moderator: Slitherine Core

Daniele
Slitherine
Slitherine

Panzer Corps Gold - A new chapter for a historic saga...

Post by Daniele »

Starting on February 6th we will be retiring Panzer Corps Wehrmacht and its individual DLCs from sale. It won’t be possible to buy each individual expansion anymore after that date.

After February 6th it will only be possible to buy Panzer Corps Gold, containing Panzer Corps Wehrmacht (base game) and all its DLCs in a single package. Panzer Corps Gold is also getting a steep permanent price reduction.

If you own Panzer Corps Wehrmacht or any of its DLCs, you will still own them and be able to download the installers and updates from the Members Area and play them.

Furthermore, we are discounting Panzer Corps Wehrmacht and all its DLCs for one week, so if you are missing some DLCs, this is your last chance to complete your collection, after which you will need to buy Panzer Corps Gold in order to have the full collection.

Don't miss the discounts, and check them out here

We've also prepared a list of FAQ to better explain what will happen to the Panzer Corps 1 saga on February 6th, so if you have any question please refer to the FAQ below.

6th February will be a big day for all Panzer Corps fans, as it is also the day when we will start the pre-orders for Panzer Corps 2, and we will give you all the details on pre-order bonuses. Are you ready?

Panzer Corps Gold FAQ

1) What does Panzer Corps Gold include?
Answer: Panzer Corps Gold includes the original Panzer Corps Wehrmacht and all of its DLCs, including the standalone expansions Allied Corps, Soviet Corps, Afrika Korps.

2) Where can I find more information on Panzer Corps Gold?
Answer: You can find more info at its product page on Slitherine here <inserire link>. The product page on Steam will go live on February 6th 2020.

3) Will I be able to buy individual Panzer Corps DLCs after February 6th 2020?
Answer: No, it will only possible to acquire them as part of Panzer Corps Gold, and won’t be purchasable individually.

4) What about the standalones, Allied Corps, Soviet Corps, Afrika Korps? Are those going to be still available individually?
Answer: No, they are not going to be sold individually. Like the other DLCs, they will be part of Panzer Corps Gold.

5) I bought Panzer Corps or one of its DLCs on Matrix, do I get a discount?
Answer: No, you don’t get a discount by owning Panzer Corps or one of its DLCs. Instead, Panzer Corps Wehrmacht and all DLCs are discounted for everyone until February 6th 2020, so if you’d like to complete your collection you a few days to do it.

6) Will I be able to play the Panzer Corps game and DLCs I own after February 6th 2020?
Answer: Of course! They will still be in your library, you will still have access to your serials in your My Page section on the Slitherine / Matrix website, and you will be able to download all the installers and updates. If you own them on Steam, you will retain them in your Steam library, and you can still download, install and play them.
If you already own all of Panzer Corps DLCs, you don't miss anything from not owning Panzer Corps Gold.

7) Is Panzer Corps Gold available with a physical edition?
Answer: Yes. You can buy the physical edition of Panzer Corps Gold and you will receive it in a boxed edition and a single cd-dvd.

8) Why are you doing this?
Answer: Panzer Corps Wehrmacht has a lot of expansions. Seeing so many expansions might be quite intimidating and complex for a new player. By combining all the expansions in a single package we feel it will be much more simple for new players to enjoy Panzer Corps. Furthermore, the original price of Panzer Corps Gold reflected the huge amount of content included originally, but now after 9 years we feel that $79,99 might be a big barrier for any new potential player, so we wanted to offer a permanent price reduction.
gunny
Sergeant First Class - Elite Panzer IIIL

Re: Panzer Corps Gold - A new chapter for a historic saga...

Post by gunny »

Today is February 3rd it I buy Panzer Corps Gold today it cost $29.60 is it going to be reduced lower than this price on February 6th ?? .... Also Panzer Corps Gold has Every single thing ever made, right, that pertains to Panzer Corps. ???? All Us corps, Afrika Corps, Allied Corps, Soviet Corps, Operation Sea Lion, every single grand campaign and finally Panzer Corps Wehrmacht ... right ... ??
Erasermarek
Sergeant - Panzer IIC
Sergeant - Panzer IIC

Post by Erasermarek »

gunny wrote: Mon Feb 03, 2020 5:12 am Today is February 3rd it I buy Panzer Corps Gold today it cost $29.60 is it going to be reduced lower than this price on February 6th ?? .... Also Panzer Corps Gold has Every single thing ever made, right, that pertains to Panzer Corps. ???? All Us corps, Afrika Corps, Allied Corps, Soviet Corps, Operation Sea Lion, every single grand campaign and finally Panzer Corps Wehrmacht ... right ... ??
I can confirm (bcz i buy it in 2017) that PzC Gold include all DLC, addons, etc.
PeteMitchell
Major-General - Tiger I
Major-General - Tiger I

Post by PeteMitchell »

This could be relevant for people buying Panzer Corps Gold, just fyi:

viewtopic.php?f=146&p=827031
Comprehensive Battlefield Europe AAR:
http://www.slitherine.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=145&t=86481
lynkriger
Lance Corporal - Panzer IA

Post by lynkriger »

I dont suppose there is any possiblity of recieving a steamkey for panzerkorps gold if you already own the game and own all DLC's?
hugh2711
Sergeant Major - SdKfz 234/2 8Rad

Post by hugh2711 »

Steam related questions:
1) I have the origional and every DLC hence have never got the gold edition. I have only ever activated dlc gc39 on steam. Will I be able to redeem/activate and play the other dlc's I already have on steam after this cut off date to gold edition which I do not have.
2) Will the newer gold edition be redeemable/activatable/playable on steam after the cut off date?.
Thanks for info
Erasermarek
Sergeant - Panzer IIC
Sergeant - Panzer IIC

Post by Erasermarek »

lynkriger wrote: Mon Feb 03, 2020 9:51 am I dont suppose there is any possiblity of recieving a steamkey for panzerkorps gold if you already own the game and own all DLC's?
What you mean own? If you own all DLC and game on Slitherine page ( https://www.slitherine.com/member/mypage ) you can get your steam key from this page. If you buy game on gog well im not sure about that but why you than need steam key for gold version? Sell ​​to someone?

I bought this game Panzer Corps Gold on Slitherine page. But i dont get one key, but whole package of code to register on steam. If you register all your key on steam (you have all DLC and addons) it will switch your game to gold version automatically.
gunny

Post by gunny »

Steam may be sexy but personally I think it is an extreme blessing to own a game that does not require steam at all ... Steam you have to connect to to play a game or take the time to configure it to run offline but anyway steam runs in the background which I think hinders stuff and messes stuff up including refresh rates and stuff ...
gunny

Post by gunny »

Erasermarek wrote: Mon Feb 03, 2020 6:45 am
gunny wrote: Mon Feb 03, 2020 5:12 am Today is February 3rd it I buy Panzer Corps Gold today it cost $29.60 is it going to be reduced lower than this price on February 6th ?? .... Also Panzer Corps Gold has Every single thing ever made, right, that pertains to Panzer Corps. ???? All Us corps, Afrika Corps, Allied Corps, Soviet Corps, Operation Sea Lion, every single grand campaign and finally Panzer Corps Wehrmacht ... right ... ??
I can confirm (bcz i buy it in 2017) that PzC Gold include all DLC, addons, etc.

Ok thanks but also I wonder if it is going to cost less than the price it is right now which is 29.60 well, that was yesterday let me check ... ok its still 29.60 they mention "Panzer Corps Gold is also getting a steep permanent price reduction." this seems to indicate is getting not that it has .. so is it getting a price reduction less than it is now or is it going to get a price reduction but actually is going to be more than the current sale price its base price is actually 79.99 so are they going to permanently discount it to what ..... $ 40.00 if that is the case then I need to consider buying it now or are they going to permanently lower it to $ 25.00 if so I wait ... ????
Erasermarek
Sergeant - Panzer IIC
Sergeant - Panzer IIC

Post by Erasermarek »

gunny wrote: Mon Feb 03, 2020 10:50 pm
Erasermarek wrote: Mon Feb 03, 2020 6:45 am

Ok thanks but also I wonder if it is going to cost less than the price it is right now which is 29.60 well, that was yesterday let me check ... ok its still 29.60 they mention "Panzer Corps Gold is also getting a steep permanent price reduction." this seems to indicate is getting not that it has .. so is it getting a price reduction less than it is now or is it going to get a price reduction but actually is going to be more than the current sale price its base price is actually 79.99 so are they going to permanently discount it to what ..... $ 40.00 if that is the case then I need to consider buying it now or are they going to permanently lower it to $ 25.00 if so I wait ... ????
Well to be honest 29,6 € is still too much for game from 2011. I expect price of PzC Gold Edition 29,90€ after february 6th but remember next discount will be from this price... so in fact you can buy it for example in Easter sale for a half price (14,49€). This day discount is good for players who have 4-5 DLC and dont have whole collection. They still can buy some stuff to have all pieces (after this date it will not be possible). New players should wait...
lynkriger

Post by lynkriger »

Erasermarek wrote: Mon Feb 03, 2020 11:41 am
lynkriger wrote: Mon Feb 03, 2020 9:51 am I dont suppose there is any possiblity of recieving a steamkey for panzerkorps gold if you already own the game and own all DLC's?
If you register all your key on steam (you have all DLC and addons) it will switch your game to gold version automatically.
Thats what I was asking basically! Sounds good.
hugh2711

Post by hugh2711 »

I asked the below question earlier in this thread but nobody answered it (apart from a non-relevant 'reply') but in practice have now found out the answer so for anyone who wants to know:

1a) You cant activate (and subsequently play) individual DLC's on steam now as they dont sell the individual DLC's hence they dont appear on thier list hence you cant activate them. I expect (but have not tried) you could still play individual dlc's if they are previously activiated/registered. Would someone like to confirm this in practice?
2a) Steam still sell the gold edition so I presume it is still ok/activateable. Would someone like to confirm this in practice?
hugh2711 wrote: Mon Feb 03, 2020 11:39 am
Steam related questions:
1) I have the origional and every DLC hence have never got the gold edition. I have only ever activated dlc gc39 on steam. Will I be able to redeem/activate and play the other dlc's I already have on steam after this cut off date to gold edition which I do not have.
2) Will the newer gold edition be redeemable/activatable/playable on steam after the cut off date?.
Thanks for info
HjalfnarFeuerwolf
Lance Corporal - SdKfz 222
Lance Corporal - SdKfz 222

Post by HjalfnarFeuerwolf »

gunny wrote: Mon Feb 03, 2020 10:44 pm Steam may be sexy but personally I think it is an extreme blessing to own a game that does not require steam at all ... Steam you have to connect to to play a game or take the time to configure it to run offline but anyway steam runs in the background which I think hinders stuff and messes stuff up including refresh rates and stuff ...
You literally only have to click on "offline" to play without internet connection, and in the settings of steam you can turn off the overlay, takes you literally three clicks and around 5 seconds. And it never messed with anything on my end, and I am running highly taxing operations on my system.

Return to “News & Announcements”