Soviet Union

A new story begins...
The sequel to a real classic: Panzer Corps is back!

Moderator: Panzer Corps 2 Moderators

Broid
Private First Class - Opel Blitz

Soviet Union

Post by Broid » Mon Feb 10, 2020 7:10 pm

Any chances to see a Soviet campaign and allies? Dont wanna play for nazis. Thank you.

dalfrede
Major - 8.8 cm FlaK 36
Major - 8.8 cm FlaK 36

Re: Soviet Union

Post by dalfrede » Mon Feb 10, 2020 9:04 pm

Broid wrote:
Mon Feb 10, 2020 7:10 pm
Any chances to see a Soviet campaign and allies? Dont wanna play for nazis. Thank you.
If the game is successful they will add campaigns for the Allies.
But don't hold your breath, it will be 6 months to a year for that to happen.

Unless you create the content first. :mrgreen:
There comes a time on every project when it is time to shoot the engineer and ship the damn thing.

Broid

Post by Broid » Mon Feb 10, 2020 9:16 pm

Yeah too bad =( I just got one game the developers say that they will make different campaigns but 2 years after there is only germans =(

Mirek69
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G

Post by Mirek69 » Tue Feb 11, 2020 8:07 am

Broid wrote:
Mon Feb 10, 2020 7:10 pm

There are scenarios for the Soviets.
My channel : www.youtube.com/user/Uszatek444/feed

GUNDOBALDO08
Sergeant First Class - Panzer IIIL
Sergeant First Class - Panzer IIIL

Post by GUNDOBALDO08 » Wed Feb 12, 2020 4:53 pm

FM owners have 2 free dlc that will be released in 2020 ... so we can hope they will be Soviet and Allied campaigns...

Erasermarek
Administrative Corporal - SdKfz 232 8Rad

Post by Erasermarek » Thu Feb 13, 2020 9:16 am

GUNDOBALDO08 wrote:
Wed Feb 12, 2020 4:53 pm
FM owners have 2 free dlc that will be released in 2020 ... so we can hope they will be Soviet and Allied campaigns...
In fact Soviet Corps is least popular in Panzer Corps 1.

funat
Corporal - Strongpoint
Corporal - Strongpoint

Post by funat » Thu Feb 13, 2020 2:35 pm

You have some numbers on that? I personally played SC the most out of all campaigns in PC1.

prestidigitation
Sergeant - 7.5 cm FK 16 nA

Post by prestidigitation » Sat Feb 15, 2020 1:11 am

Erasermarek wrote:
Thu Feb 13, 2020 9:16 am
GUNDOBALDO08 wrote:
I wouldn't be shocked given how badly designed it is and how deeply offensive and frankly racist the mission briefings are. I also would like to see a Soviet campaign in PzC2, but I had no interest in finishing the PzC1 Soviet campaign past Prokhorovka (a fantasy scenario in a campaign full of them). While I could endure the awful briefings and fought my way through the fun but very challenging 41-42 scenarios (well except for Stalingrad which was a snooze), I had no interest in replacing my entire army with ISU-122 to fight an army composed entirely of Panthers on a map smaller than my closet.

Meanwhile the OOB Soviet campaign is popular and well regarded despite being much tougher than the German campaign (at least until that one hits 42).

Erasermarek

Post by Erasermarek » Sat Feb 15, 2020 9:12 am

prestidigitation wrote:
Sat Feb 15, 2020 1:11 am
Erasermarek wrote:
GUNDOBALDO08 wrote:
I wouldn't be shocked given how badly designed it is and how deeply offensive and frankly racist the mission briefings are. I also would like to see a Soviet campaign in PzC2, but I had no interest in finishing the PzC1 Soviet campaign past Prokhorovka (a fantasy scenario in a campaign full of them). While I could endure the awful briefings and fought my way through the fun but very challenging 41-42 scenarios (well except for Stalingrad which was a snooze), I had no interest in replacing my entire army with ISU-122 to fight an army composed entirely of Panthers on a map smaller than my closet.

Meanwhile the OOB Soviet campaign is popular and well regarded despite being much tougher than the German campaign (at least until that one hits 42).

It is true that its weaker popularity may also be due to poor design. Not even the start in to the US Corps is much better. No wonder GC is played most often.
In each game (including RTS) I start in sequence: Germany, Soviet Union and finally the Allies. Why? Because for Germans the beginning is easy, the end is difficult (at least in that order it should be). For the Soviets, the longer you fight, the easier it is for you to breathe. But the Allies rely heavily on air superiority, as their tank units are much weaker. But here the Soviets and the Allies do not enjoy me. I've also tried the US Corps and it's boring so far ...

But you say - ...and frankly racist the mission briefings are.. What you mean by that?

Hemi
Senior Corporal - Destroyer
Senior Corporal - Destroyer

Post by Hemi » Sat Feb 15, 2020 10:02 pm

Erasermarek wrote:
Sat Feb 15, 2020 9:12 am
prestidigitation wrote:
Sat Feb 15, 2020 1:11 am
Erasermarek wrote:

It is true that its weaker popularity may also be due to poor design. Not even the start in to the US Corps is much better. No wonder GC is played most often.
In each game (including RTS) I start in sequence: Germany, Soviet Union and finally the Allies. Why? Because for Germans the beginning is easy, the end is difficult (at least in that order it should be). For the Soviets, the longer you fight, the easier it is for you to breathe. But the Allies rely heavily on air superiority, as their tank units are much weaker. But here the Soviets and the Allies do not enjoy me. I've also tried the US Corps and it's boring so far ...

But you say - ...and frankly racist the mission briefings are.. What you mean by that?
I think a lot of it is that the GC is the longest. You get to grow your corps and develop them. With some of the other campaigns you feel like it's over just as you hit your stride. That and like you say the challenges are progressive.

The games never show the strengths of Allied tanks, which is that they're reliable and survivable. US tanker casualties were about a fifth of the other nations, not tanks mind you, the crew. It was more common to bail from a tank, go back to the depot and grab a new tank, and be back in the field in the afternoon than lose a crew. I believe they only lost 1200 tankers in Shermans in the war.

prestidigitation

Post by prestidigitation » Mon Feb 17, 2020 2:03 am

Play through Soviet Corps and you'll understand what I mean. The only reason this game didn't get the reaction COH2 did when it launched a similarly offensive Soviet campaign is not nearly so many people play it. Shades of Enemy at the Gates yet again.

US Corps is quite long, well designed and a lot of fun tbh.

Also, the US tanks are only "bad" if you don't know how to play. They're quite effective despite being given fantasy stats that make them weaker than a mid war Pz4. At least the 76mm version gets good stats thankfully. Good vet, artillery support (the real US powerhouse, and one that never gets represented : https://armyhistory.org/u-s-and-german- ... omparison/ ) and heavy use of Rangers as your sole infantry type enabled me to cruise through the German armor concentrations.

BTW, the M4 did just fine against Panthers thank you very much, and against every other kind of German tank. Most of them were lost to the PaK36, PaK40 and the Stug III and IV in ambush positions. When they got to fight in the open, man, they tore the enemy up just fine thanks to better crews and far far far superior tactical leadership.
panthervsherman.png
panthervsherman.png (64.5 KiB) Viewed 775 times

Return to “Panzer Corps 2”