Will there be an Order of Battle 2

Order of Battle is a series of operational WW2 games starting with the Pacific War and then on to Europe!

Moderators: Order of Battle Moderators, The Artistocrats

matthew2582
Senior Corporal - Destroyer

Will there be an Order of Battle 2

Post by matthew2582 »

So just as Panzer Corps 1 got a big face lift with PzC2 - will there be a next gen OoB?
Regards
Matthew
bebro
Slitherine
Slitherine

Re: Will there be an Order of Battle 2

Post by bebro »

Overall, near future plans are still about DLCs for OOB (1). What happens later is something that has yet to be determined.
gunny
Sergeant First Class - Elite Panzer IIIL

Post by gunny »

I thought Panzer Corps was the ultimate but then OOB became the ultimate simply because for me the following: the way units can cut off the supply of another unit, a unit can MOVE and THEN AFTER they move they can replenish their strength, a VP can be taken by moving THROUGH IT one does not have to end up in the hex, its hard to destroy a unit this is aggravating but is welcomed overall, then there are probably 100 more things I cannot think of - OH making a scenario or campaign with OOB I think is 10x better. The great thing about Panzer Corps 2 coming out is there may be different maps and campaigns etc and then maybe someone will for a lack of better words "clone" them into downloadable content for OOB lmao .. whoo hooo !!!

Regarding the DLC for OOB I have a fetish for them because everything about them works the Primary Objectives, Secondary, AND more importantly I think the difficulty levels are more realistic I can win if I do things right on medium level whereas with Campaigns created by the community on medium level I have to invoke cheats whilst on medium level (because basically I'm a moron, clueless tactically, and could not win a pillow fight with a sleeping cat) and then in addition with community downloads at times after completing the Objectives it still shows I have not won etc.
matthew2582

Post by matthew2582 »

bebro wrote: Fri Feb 14, 2020 12:02 pm Overall, near future plans are still about DLCs for OOB (1). What happens later is something that has yet to be determined.
Ok thanks for your comments
Regards
Matthew
Igor1941
Master Sergeant - U-boat
Master Sergeant - U-boat

Post by Igor1941 »

bebro wrote: Fri Feb 14, 2020 12:02 pm Overall, near future plans are still about DLCs for OOB (1). What happens later is something that has yet to be determined.
Exactly one for the USSR. Three for the Allies. Maybe three for the Axis
gunny

Post by gunny »

I already have Red Star and then the other is coming out STEEL
better to be dead than red.png
better to be dead than red.png (521.63 KiB) Viewed 4222 times
What I really am waiting on which will not be until NEXT year and maybe after that is when Campaign Series WW2 is finally upgraded to the 21st Century
What I mean is the Campaign Series middle east is in existence having the upgrade then instead of upgrading WW2 they came out with Vietnam but supposedly they are going to upgrade ... I am talking about upgrading the graphics so that I can play it ... they are supposedly going to upgrade it at some point (Camp Series WW2)
Spotlight22
Corporal - Strongpoint
Corporal - Strongpoint

Post by Spotlight22 »

Igor1941 wrote: Fri Feb 14, 2020 6:21 pm
I wouldn't rule out anything, OOB has had some great DLC.
bru888
Order of Battle Moderator

Post by bru888 »

Frankly, I'd be fine if they never did an OOB 2 and, instead, "finished" WW2 and expanded into other historical eras.
- Bru
Spotlight22
Corporal - Strongpoint
Corporal - Strongpoint

Post by Spotlight22 »

bru888 wrote: Sun Feb 16, 2020 2:44 am Frankly, I'd be fine if they never did an OOB 2 and, instead, "finished" WW2 and expanded into other historical eras.
Hmm with their current model they could update the engine fully and have the DLC all back compatible.
bru888

Post by bru888 »

Spotlight22 wrote: Sun Feb 16, 2020 1:40 pm Hmm with their current model they could update the engine fully and have the DLC all back compatible.
Not to mention custom work. All the more reason to be careful what we wish for.
- Bru
wargamend
Private First Class - Wehrmacht Inf
Private First Class - Wehrmacht Inf

Post by wargamend »

i would like to see OOB:world war 3 game.there are very rare turn based games in modern era. :D
prestidigitation
Sergeant First Class - Panzer IIIL
Sergeant First Class - Panzer IIIL

Post by prestidigitation »

Igor1941 wrote: Fri Feb 14, 2020 6:21 pm
Six for Axis. Morning Sun, Rising Sun, Winter War, Nazi x3.

Also USSR was in the Allies, as was China. Still waiting on a China campaign. I know it'll be infantry focused and low tech, so was the Finland campaign and I liked that.
Zekedia222
Staff Sergeant - StuG IIIF

Post by Zekedia222 »

The issue with China is that equipment was so mismatched, that some divisions had completely incompatible equipment. This is why you see ‘35 and ‘37 Infantry in a 1939 scenario. Honestly, I’d think it better to not.
Klinger, you're dumber than you look, and THAT boggles the MIND.
- Charles Emerson Winchester III
ctskelly
Corporal - Strongpoint
Corporal - Strongpoint

Post by ctskelly »

bru888 wrote: Sun Feb 16, 2020 2:44 am Frankly, I'd be fine if they never did an OOB 2 and, instead, "finished" WW2 and expanded into other historical eras.
I've always thought this game could be modified into a US Civil War game. But Damn I love it as it is.
bru888

Post by bru888 »

ctskelly wrote: Sun Mar 22, 2020 10:34 am
I've always thought this game could be modified into a US Civil War game. But Damn I love it as it is.
That's the thing that I have been stressing periodically throughout my four years here. I'm no expert, but I do know a bit about computer games and therefore I am certain that this game's engine could be applied to ANY theater of war in ANY century. The work would be in creating new units and modifying their characteristics to suit the times. The basic functions of click, move, hover, and battle would be the same.
- Bru
Mascarenhas

Post by Mascarenhas »

Do you think that helicopter units would work on this game´s engine?
Erik2

Post by Erik2 »

Mascarenhas wrote: Sun Mar 22, 2020 1:02 pm Do you think that helicopter units would work on this game´s engine?
Moving and attacking should be easy. Shorter range than regular air units.
Maybe add recon move where the unit may change direction 1-2 times simulating maneuverability (sp?).
Transporting units should also be doable. Something like the paras but not needing an airfield, only clear terrain.

This is just guess-work, of course. I have no programming skills.
My BASIC, Fortran and Machine Code knowledge from the early 80s is not very useful these days :D
Zekedia222

Post by Zekedia222 »

From what I’ve seen, aircraft in general are hard to get work, and helicopters even more so. It seems very difficult to even get them to begin to work.
Klinger, you're dumber than you look, and THAT boggles the MIND.
- Charles Emerson Winchester III
Erik2

Post by Erik2 »

Zekedia222 wrote: Sun Mar 22, 2020 8:35 pm From what I’ve seen, aircraft in general are hard to get work, and helicopters even more so. It seems very difficult to even get them to begin to work.
Just to be clear. I was guessing about an official enhancement, not a mod.
Mascarenhas

Post by Mascarenhas »

I see. So there´s a good chance of creating more recent campaigns, as Korea 1950 or some in the Middle East. It would be very interesting.

Return to “Order of Battle Series”