Slitherine & Matrix Games get new Websites!

Get all the latest news on Slitherine.

Moderator: Slitherine Core

DEB
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38

Re: Slitherine & Matrix Games get new Websites!

Post by DEB »

Answer : No ( my Vista O/S only has one that still works ( Google Chrome - Version 49.0.2623.112 m ) ).

[ NB : I have no intention of attempting to download any new one, because I believe it almost certainly may not work on my Vista O/S anyway. ]

Now you please answer my question : "Why is it that I can now access the Slitherine Forums Webpage, but not any other Slitherine Webpage or any Matrix Games Webpage ( since the Websites were "updated" )" ? Remember, initially, I could not access any Slitherine Webpage or any Matrix Games Webpage at all...
VPaulus
Slitherine
Slitherine

Post by VPaulus »

Regarding your question, the forum is a separate infrastructure, a different site, build in a different language.

I can offer a final suggestion reset your Chrome settings:
https://support.google.com/chrome/answer/3296214?hl=en

If this doesn't work, I'm sorry, but there's nothing else we can suggest regarding your local issue.
DEB
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38

Post by DEB »

VPaulus wrote: Thu Feb 20, 2020 12:27 am Regarding your question, the forum is a separate infrastructure, a different site, build in a different language.
So why not establish what is different about it re connectivity and adjust the other sites accordingly ?
DEB
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38

Post by DEB »

VPaulus wrote: Thu Feb 20, 2020 12:27 am I can offer a final suggestion reset your Chrome settings:
https://support.google.com/chrome/answer/3296214?hl=en
From what I can determine here, this is not relevant to my issue ; and I am not prepared to accept the apparent risks noted for the sake of one website / webpage.
your local issue
From my viewpoint this is just a guess ! As stated before, I can still access all 50-60 Websites that I had access to when I could still access the Matrix Games one.
If it was a browser issue at my end, why is this so ? Surely I would have had other connection failures ?
DEB
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38

Post by DEB »

FYI :

When I connect to Slitherine Forums my "input" reads http://www.slitherine.com/forum/
However, If I do a google search for Slitherine and click on the link there the input is noted as https://www.slitherine.com/
This latter link fails in the same manner as my Matrix Games connection attempts, which uses https://www.matrixgames.com/forums/
There's that extra "s" again ! Cause ?
DEB
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38

Post by DEB »

FYI :

Strangely, I do not have any problems with other https sites...

Go figure !!!
VPaulus
Slitherine
Slitherine

Post by VPaulus »

Resetting the Chrome to the default settings can be relevant to your issue, believe it or not.

As you don't even want to try any of our suggestions and just keeping insisting that the issue is in our side, when we don't have any other complaints that I'm aware about, I'm sorry but we will not be able to help you further.

One day that you you'll have for any reason to reinstall your Windows Vista or better replacing your old system, which is no longer supported by Microsoft and most of other software companies (including most Internet browsers), the Matrix/Slitherine sites will function again for you.
DEB
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38

Post by DEB »

VPaulus wrote: Thu Feb 20, 2020 9:11 am One day that you you'll have for any reason to reinstall your Windows Vista or better replacing your old system, which is no longer supported by Microsoft and most of other software companies (including most Internet browsers), the Matrix/Slitherine sites will function again for you.
One day, in the not too distant future, I will be testing that theory on my Windows 7 O/S Laptop... I will let you know the outcome shortly thereafter.

NB : Any observations re my last two ( FYI ) posts ?
DEB
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38

Post by DEB »

VPaulus wrote: Thu Feb 20, 2020 9:11 am As you don't even want to try any of our suggestions and just keeping insisting that the issue is in our side, when we don't have any other complaints that I'm aware about, I'm sorry but we will not be able to help you further.
To be honest, I had several suggestions as to an answer from a Google search of the error ; some of which I did try, but each to no avail. Some of the answers suggested this was a Browser fault, and / or a Google fault, and in general a fault with Windows 7 / 8/ 10. Thus I do not hold out too much hope for my newer Windows 7 O/S ( with a Google Chrome Browser ) solving the issue.

NB : Apparently, from my search source/s, I should probably be getting this error with lots of my sites rather than just the two, both of which are "linked" - just a coincidence.... ?
DEB
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38

Post by DEB »

New FYI :

From : https://www.ionos.com/digitalguide/host ... ion-reset/ :

[ Note in particular the part I have highlighted in Bold and Italics... ]

"Solution 1: website and browser/system check

We recommend that you check the functionality of the website you want to access before you attempt anything with the browser and system setup to rectify the “ERR_CONNECTION_RESET” problem. The first thing to do is to try and access any other website and if this doesn’t result in a 101 error, this is a clear sign that the problem lies just with the website in question. However, to ensure that the browser and system are not solely responsible for the connection problem, you should also try using a different browser."

[ Note that that this is Solution 1 for a quoted reason ; also that I am unable to do the last part of this as both of my O/S's use Google Chrome. ]
VPaulus
Slitherine
Slitherine

Post by VPaulus »

I've nothing further to say in this thread regarding your issue besides that if there's a problem with the site we would have a lot of people complaining...
We don't.
I'm sorry.
DEB
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38

Post by DEB »

People can however still access the Slitherine Forums Webpage and this may well be enough for them here.

As to the Matrix Games Website, will people be aware Slitherine now "owns" Matrix Games and could post here or will they just give up completely...

{ Note that most sites proposing answers to the actual issue here, do NOT list the Solution I previously traced and posted / listed above and would also give up ! ]

Slitherine and Matrix games will just have to lose customers I guess...
DEB
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38

Post by DEB »

DEB wrote: Thu Feb 20, 2020 2:21 pm One day, in the not too distant future, I will be testing that theory on my Windows 7 O/S Laptop... I will let you know the outcome shortly thereafter.
I do not hold out too much hope for my newer Windows 7 O/S ( with a Google Chrome Browser ) solving the issue.
Strangely the issue WAS solved !!! I can access Matrix Games and all at Slitherine.

[O/S : Windows 7 with Google Chrome Version 73.0.3683.86 (Official Build) (64-bit) ]

Return to “News & Announcements”