Slitherine Major Updates

Get all the latest news on Slitherine.

Moderator: Slitherine Core

Daniele
Slitherine
Slitherine

Slitherine Major Updates

Post by Daniele »

In the last few days, we released a lot of new content that is going to keep you busy for a while, generals! Two new DLCs, one classic strategy game and a lot of updates have landed on Slitherine and Matrix stores. Check out the full list:

Battlestar Galactica Deadlock: Ghost Fleet Offensive is out now!

Ghost Fleet Offensive, the latest DLC for Battlestar Galactica Deadlock, is now out on PC!

With a new campaign, new ships, and munition types, the Ghost Fleet Offensive DLC continues Battlestar Galactica Deadlock's Season 2.

Ghost Fleet Offensive is accompanied by a major free update to Battlestar Galactica Deadlock, called the Fleet Admiral Update. 

We’re celebrating the arrival of the Ghost Fleet with a huge one-week sale on our store

Warhammer 40,000 Gladius: T’au is out now!

After the Chaos Space Marines and Tyranids DLCs, a new faction joins the fight for the domination of Gladius Prime. Driven by a constant ambition to expand and spread the word of the Greater Good across the Galaxy, they will seek to assimilate or eliminate all the other opposition races on the planet.

With 31 new units, the T’au can deploy an impressive and lethal army. Between swarms of drones and powerful battlesuits, the T’au player will never have a shortage of tactical options. 

Master of Magic enters the Slitherine catalogue!

Master of Magic is a classic, one of the most popular strategy games of the 90s, and it is now available on the Slitherine store

It is a 4X fantasy strategy game that allows you to play as an extremely powerful wizard, leading your troops and overcoming your magical opponents. After over 25 years, the game now receives the first official update with a significantly improved AI and more than 200 spells at your disposal. Dive back into time, relive this epic adventure and conquer Arcanus and Myrror once and for all!

This special release is accompanied by the Community Update, a free optional patch developed by fans for fans and greatly increasing the polish of Master of Magic with countless fixes.

Furthermore, Master of Magic is released alongside its first DLC, Caster of Magic. Caster of Magic started out as a mod, championed by Seravy and building on top of the already popular community patch. Caster of Magic has been a fan favorite of the Master of Magic community and we are pleased to be able to work with Seravy to officially integrate Caster of Magic, giving him the recognition he deserves.

Fantasy General II

A new free playable scenario is released!

Lead a plethora of flying units in the new Return of the King scenario and fight against hordes of undead. 

Return of the King will be playable for one month, starting today until March 25th.

Field of Glory II

Version 1.5.25 - Iberia Update is out

This update impacts many elements of the game, adding new units, enhancing the gameplay, improving several army lists, and more.

FULL CHANGELOG here

Field of Glory: Empires

Diplomacy Update is officially released

This update brings the newly enhanced Diplomacy system on the table. It is a massive update, improving and impacting many game mechanics and features.

FULL CHANGELOG
DeathMutant
Administrative Corporal - SdKfz 232 8Rad

Re: Slitherine Major Updates

Post by DeathMutant »

A new DLC for "Master of Magic?!" Wow, I must check that out.
bjgrt

Post by bjgrt »

DeathMutant wrote: Tue Feb 25, 2020 5:14 pm A new DLC for "Master of Magic?!" Wow, I must check that out.
I doubt there is anything really new there. They are just charging $3 for a free mod that has been around for a very long while.
DeathMutant

Post by DeathMutant »

bjgrt wrote: Tue Feb 25, 2020 6:02 pm
DeathMutant wrote: Tue Feb 25, 2020 5:14 pm A new DLC for "Master of Magic?!" Wow, I must check that out.
I doubt there is anything really new there. They are just charging $3 for a free mod that has been around for a very long while.
I was mainly surprised by the re-introduction of MoM for Windows on Steam. It was available on GOG for a decade(?) now but MoM has finally made its way to Steam. I am curious if Slitherine has improved the game since the GOG release. . .
bjgrt

Post by bjgrt »

DeathMutant wrote: Tue Feb 25, 2020 6:19 pm I am curious if Slitherine has improved the game since the GOG release. . .
I don't believe so. The same old MoM running inside a DOSBox.
BTW, wasn't is $3 on GOG all together before the Slitherine had stepped in?
AlbertoC
Slitherine
Slitherine

Post by AlbertoC »

bjgrt wrote: Wed Feb 26, 2020 5:54 pm
DeathMutant wrote: Tue Feb 25, 2020 6:19 pm I am curious if Slitherine has improved the game since the GOG release. . .
I don't believe so. The same old MoM running inside a DOSBox.
BTW, wasn't is $3 on GOG all together before the Slitherine had stepped in?
The price on GoG has not changed, we just adopted the same price on our store.
CustodianV131
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38

Post by CustodianV131 »

Some many great items. You guys are on a roll with everything coming out, getting updates / DLC or is the pipeline. SWEET!

Still I've to highlight your Master of Magic effort here. Really nice to see Seravy, a long time modder, rewarded like this. Picked the DLC up on GOG. The launcher is well done and I really appreciate the ease of picking the version I want to play now. I had 3 different installed versions before and now I don't have to keep those around anymore.
poesel71
Sergeant - 7.5 cm FK 16 nA
Sergeant - 7.5 cm FK 16 nA

Post by poesel71 »

All links are dead in the first post (except YT)
Daniele
Slitherine
Slitherine

Post by Daniele »

Hi guys, sorry for the inconvenience.
The links are now working.

Return to “News & Announcements”