Free Upgrade! PC Commander Europe at War Gold!

PSP/DS/PC/MAC : WWII turn based grand strategy game

Moderators: firepowerjohan, rkr1958, Happycat, Slitherine Core

IainMcNeil
Site Admin
Site Admin

Free Upgrade! PC Commander Europe at War Gold!

Post by IainMcNeil »

This is a special gift to all our loyal fans who already have the original CEAW, not the Military History CEAW version.

We are giving away all the upgrades for MH CEAW to you for free! We never intended to cash in with MHCEAW and sell it to you twice so just to make sure nobody goes out and buys it we're giving it to you Having said that - you really should try it on DS and PSP - it's really cool! And if you do like it - please tell your friends as this type of game will only continue to exist on PSP and DS if we can get people to support by buying it from their local stores!

This update includes all bug fixes, data changes, and most importantly the 6 new fast play campaigns! This will allow also you to play against MHCEAW gold owners in multiplayer.

To ensure this update works with all PC versions of CEAW from any retailer, digital download, CD in any language we have created it as a zip file, not an installer. This makes it a little less user friendly but does mean everyone can use it.

Download the zip from http://www.slitherine.com/files/ceaw/pa ... h_1.12.zip

Once it has downloaded open the zip file. Choose to extract the zip file to the folder that you installed the game to. The default would be something like Program Files\Slitherine\Commander Europe at War.

Then run the game. You'll know it is working if you see a new pop up at the start asking if you want to play the Fast Play maps or not. You should also see a new version number 1.12 on the main menu. Bear in mind this will not allow you to load any saves from a previous version, so please complete any games before applying the upgrade.
Last edited by IainMcNeil on Thu May 26, 2011 8:51 am, edited 2 times in total.
firepowerjohan
Brigadier-General - 8.8 cm Pak 43/41

Post by firepowerjohan »

We at Firepower Entertainment are very proud to be part of this Good Will act. It is very rare that this kind of content is added for free without expansion packs. The scenarios and gameplay changes I did for the DS/PSP can now be played on your PC, plus in multiplayer mode (something that the console versions do not have).

Cheers from Johan :)
Johan Persson - Firepower Entertainment
Lead Developer of CEAW, CNAW and World Empires Live (http://www.worldempireslive.com)
KingHunter3059
Sergeant First Class - Elite Panzer IIIL

Post by KingHunter3059 »

Outstanding! I can use this with 1.07 Beta right? 8)
firepowerjohan

Post by firepowerjohan »

KingHunter wrote:Outstanding! I can use this with 1.07 Beta right? 8)
Yes, just upgrade :)
Lead Developer of CEAW, CNAW and World Empires Live (http://www.worldempireslive.com)
cidic
Private First Class - Opel Blitz
Private First Class - Opel Blitz

Post by cidic »

will there be a version available for mac?
IainMcNeil
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by IainMcNeil »

As mentioned in the other thread - there is no deal in place for this yet so not in the immediate future.
joe98
Sergeant - 7.5 cm FK 16 nA

Post by joe98 »

I have now updated and the version on the splash screen is 1.12

How do I start any of the 6 new campaigns ????

All I see is a list of the original campaigns

-
firepowerjohan

Post by firepowerjohan »

You run the game in "Fast Play" mode to get the new map, choose a 1939 scenario just and you will now see it looks totally different.
joe98

Post by joe98 »

firepowerjohan wrote: You run the game in "Fast Play" mode to get the new map, choose a 1939 scenario just and you will now see it looks totally different.
Now I see. In the original map, it is 10 hexes from Berlin to Warsaw. In the fast play it is 6.

You're comment: "choose a 1939 scenario" implies there is more than one 1939 scenario as I have seen similair phrases in other posts. I presume a grammatical errror?
-
julyderek
Administrative Corporal - SdKfz 251/1
Administrative Corporal - SdKfz  251/1

Post by julyderek »

I think it is a great gesture in giving the upgrade free to your existing customers. Even though I have not benefited from that....Thank you !
IainMcNeil
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by IainMcNeil »

Johan's first language is not English so the wording may not always be perfect but its a lot better than my Swedish!
KingHunter3059

Outstanding Thanks!

Post by KingHunter3059 »

It's Great! :D :D :D
scarfacetarraff
Staff Sergeant - Kavallerie

Post by scarfacetarraff »

Is there a specific order I should do this?

1.07 beta

Also, I want to use the BJR mod. Where should it fall between the three items?
"Hasta la victoria siempre!"
Legion (Mac/iPad), Spartan (Mac), GoT (Mac), Legion Arena (Mac), CEaW (Mac/DS), CNaW (Mac), HGE: Rome (DS), Egypt: EaE (iPad), FoG (Mac), Battle Academy (Mac/iPad), Unity of Command (Mac), CTGW (iPad)
IainMcNeil
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by IainMcNeil »

Just apply 1.12 to whatever you have and it will bring you up to date.
scarfacetarraff

Post by scarfacetarraff »

iainmcneil wrote:Just apply 1.12 to whatever you have and it will bring you up to date.
Done. Thanks, looks great. Have you guys down a source drop to Freeverse for the MHCEaW Gold enhancements? We should try and get the BJR mod source to them as well.
"Hasta la victoria siempre!"
Legion (Mac/iPad), Spartan (Mac), GoT (Mac), Legion Arena (Mac), CEaW (Mac/DS), CNaW (Mac), HGE: Rome (DS), Egypt: EaE (iPad), FoG (Mac), Battle Academy (Mac/iPad), Unity of Command (Mac), CTGW (iPad)
IainMcNeil
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by IainMcNeil »

Its not as simple as that for MAC, but we are talking to them about it so hopefully we can sort something out.
leridano
Captain - Bf 110D
Captain - Bf 110D

Post by leridano »

I´ve played against AI and there isn´t notable improvements on this, but thanks anyway!!
fiskog
Lance Corporal - SdKfz 222
Lance Corporal - SdKfz 222

Shore Bombardment

Post by fiskog »

The fast play is a lot of fun. BTW, is there a reason that shore bombardment by naval units is no longer capable of knocking off a strength point. It would be nice if I could shore bomb my own units as building up experience in the target is the only lasting effect.
efthimios

Re: Shore Bombardment

Post by efthimios »

fiskog wrote:The fast play is a lot of fun. BTW, is there a reason that shore bombardment by naval units is no longer capable of knocking off a strength point. It would be nice if I could shore bomb my own units as building up experience in the target is the only lasting effect.

your people must love you.
Plato was right.
Slitherine for 4X in space!
bendamaster
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38

Post by bendamaster »

I've downloaded this and copied it into game directory, but the only difference I've found is the option to play 'fast play'. I've seen no changes to the GUI or even the new starting movie. Have I done something wrong?

Return to “MILITARY HISTORY™ Commander - Europe at War : General Discussion”