Auto Saves

A new story begins...
The sequel to a real classic: Panzer Corps is back!

Moderator: Panzer Corps 2 Moderators

Duck Doc
Lance Corporal - Panzer IA
Lance Corporal - Panzer IA

Auto Saves

Post by Duck Doc »

Is there a way to disable auto saves? Would like to do my own saves. It is tedious to delete the number of auto saves for each scenario.
Resolute
Master Sergeant - Bf 109E

Re: Auto Saves

Post by Resolute »

Well you can always hide them under the save options. (show/hide autosaves) or play ironman which only gives you access to just one save.
Retributarr
Lieutenant Colonel - Panther D

Post by Retributarr »

Resolute wrote: Thu Mar 26, 2020 11:36 pm Well you can always hide them under the save options. (show/hide autosaves) or play ironman which only gives you access to just one save.
The problem/issue with "Ironman" is that it still saves those 'Autosaves' on your Hard Drive, next thing you know... you will have several hundred megabytes of useless "AutoSaves" accumulating on and gobbling up storage room on your computer.

I personally would rather prefer to just have the option to turn this 'Insidious-Beast' "OFF" permanently!.
Resolute

Post by Resolute »

Retributarr wrote: Fri Mar 27, 2020 1:19 pm
Resolute wrote: Thu Mar 26, 2020 11:36 pm Well you can always hide them under the save options. (show/hide autosaves) or play ironman which only gives you access to just one save.
The problem/issue with "Ironman" is that it still saves those 'Autosaves' on your Hard Drive, next thing you know... you will have several hundred megabytes of useless "AutoSaves" accumulating on and gobbling up storage room on your computer.

I personally would rather prefer to just have the option to turn this 'Insidious-Beast' "OFF" permanently!.
Ironman will only create one save, not multiple.
Rudankort
FlashBack Games
FlashBack Games

Post by Rudankort »

Duck Doc wrote: Thu Mar 26, 2020 10:59 pm Is there a way to disable auto saves? Would like to do my own saves. It is tedious to delete the number of auto saves for each scenario.
First patch adds options for autosave.
Retributarr

Post by Retributarr »

Is there yet a 'Fix-In'... for the action to completely put a halt to any further 'AutoSave' activity?:

I'm not interested in merely 'Hiding' "autosaves". as this action alone does not prevent them from mass-accumulating on the Hard-Drive storage space, i very much want to stop them completely... dead in their tracks. Ironman only saves the main game save, it has nothing to do with stopping or preventing autosaves from accumulating.

Is there yet any way to do this yet?... if so... how exactly!.
Rudankort
FlashBack Games
FlashBack Games

Post by Rudankort »

Retributarr wrote: Fri Mar 27, 2020 10:41 pm Is there yet a 'Fix-In'... for the action to completely put a halt to any further 'AutoSave' activity?:

I'm not interested in merely 'Hiding' "autosaves". as this action alone does not prevent them from mass-accumulating on the Hard-Drive storage space, i very much want to stop them completely... dead in their tracks. Ironman only saves the main game save, it has nothing to do with stopping or preventing autosaves from accumulating.

If you installed today's patch, just go to Options -> Other, and uncheck box autosave checkboxes. This should disable all autosaves.
Retributarr

Post by Retributarr »

Rudankort wrote: Fri Mar 27, 2020 10:50 pm
Retributarr wrote: Fri Mar 27, 2020 10:41 pm Is there yet a 'Fix-In'... for the action to completely put a halt to any further 'AutoSave' activity?:

I'm not interested in merely 'Hiding' "autosaves".
If you installed today's patch, just go to Options -> Other, and uncheck box autosave checkboxes. This should disable all autosaves.
Thank-You so much for your quick response Rudankort , I and some others as well... are going to appreciate your efforts to calm our frustrations.
jchastain
Lance Corporal - SdKfz 222
Lance Corporal - SdKfz 222

Post by jchastain »

Ideally there would be one more option...

Number of autosaves to retain? Options: None (turns off completely) / 1 / 2 / 3 / 6 / All

Then delete old autosave files beyond the number specified to maintain.

Thanks.
Retributarr

Post by Retributarr »

jchastain wrote: Sat Mar 28, 2020 2:27 am Ideally there would be one more option...

Number of autosaves to retain? Options: None (turns off completely) / 1 / 2 / 3 / 6 / All

Then delete old autosave files beyond the number specified to maintain.

Thanks.
I had also thought to mention that after I accessed "Options" to turn OFF the AutoSaves... but couldn't see a definite OFF-Selection selector???. ThankYou!... "jchastain" for bringing this to our attention... as I was lax myself in doing so!.
Retributarr

Post by Retributarr »

Regular End of Turn Saves:

Other Games have the feature of "High-Lighting" or making the last recorded 'Save'... brighter or even 'White' so that the player knows for certain what and where his last 'Save' was/or is. PzCr2 does not do this???... all the 'Saves' instead... are in a bleached darkened monotone black colorization!.

When I'm playing under these circumstances where all of the 'Saves' are looking exactly the same, then sometimes I cannot be sure what my last 'Save' was?. Now!. if it was 'High-Lighted' instead, there would no-longer be any issue with this situation.
Rudankort
FlashBack Games
FlashBack Games

Post by Rudankort »

Retributarr wrote: Mon Apr 06, 2020 11:48 pm Other Games have the feature of "High-Lighting" or making the last recorded 'Save'... brighter or even 'White' so that the player knows for certain what and where his last 'Save' was/or is. PzCr2 does not do this???... all the 'Saves' instead... are in a bleached darkened monotone black colorization!.
The game sorts saves by time of creation, so the most recent one if at the top of the list.
Retributarr

Post by Retributarr »

Rudankort wrote: Tue Apr 07, 2020 12:04 am
Retributarr wrote: Mon Apr 06, 2020 11:48 pm Other Games have the feature of "High-Lighting" or making the last recorded 'Save'... brighter or even 'White' so that the player knows for certain what and where his last 'Save' was/or is. PzCr2 does not do this???... all the 'Saves' instead... are in a bleached darkened monotone black colorization!.
The game sorts saves by time of creation, so the most recent one if at the top of the list.
I am aware that 'Saves' are sorted by time of creation. Even though it seems redundant and illogical (Non-Sequitur)... but i still have a preference for seeing my last save highlighted... so that it stands out... like the head-lamp of an oncoming train.

What I should probably have asked for instead is a convenient means of categorizing and highlighting saves such as in the instance of the main save where it is now giving the option to branching off to either... Go To "Russia" and/or as well... Go To "Afrika"... without involving 'Auto-Saves' in the process.

Also on the other hand... as a for instance, what if I wanted to try a very risky 'Gambit'... that would take several turns before I would find out if it would work out or not. Highlighting that specific save... say in Orange or Red would identify it as a 'Decision Point' from where I could then reload that specific save... and then take the option to pass up the 'Risk-Effort' and instead just go the alternate way.

Maybe at this split juncture point (Russia or Afrika)... I could apply a 'High Lighted' color to the identified 'main branching save'...so that it can be easily spotted later on when I need to find it... after having been crushed in my efforts in the theatre that I first chose , this way... I could go back to that 'Main Branching Save' and then try the alternative route.

I don't know if this is making any sense at all, perhaps someone else has a clearer picture than I do?.
dalfrede
Colonel - Fallschirmjäger
Colonel - Fallschirmjäger

Post by dalfrede »

Retributarr wrote: Tue Apr 07, 2020 5:05 am I don't know if this is making any sense at all, perhaps someone else has a clearer picture than I do?.
The solution is to manually save while adding info to title
ie 'BanningPass(Turn 10) PreParaAttack'
There comes a time on every project when it is time to shoot the engineer and ship the damn thing.
Patrick Ward
Slitherine
Slitherine

Post by Patrick Ward »

dalfrede wrote: Tue Apr 07, 2020 4:22 pm
Retributarr wrote: Tue Apr 07, 2020 5:05 am I don't know if this is making any sense at all, perhaps someone else has a clearer picture than I do?.
The solution is to manually save while adding info to title
ie 'BanningPass(Turn 10) PreParaAttack'
Theres also a large information box that you can type and save any manner of description into.

P

Pat a Pixel Pusher

Retributarr

Post by Retributarr »

The 'Fog' of confusion with last save?:

Maybe??? a possible solution might be to rotate the 'Saves'... so that the same 'Save' is Not Always at The Very Top of the 'Save' bin turn after turn?... sometimes adversely creating confusion (Previous or Present Save situation) in certain situations.

This way... you would always have a 'Fresh' save spot in front of you, yet... your previous or now rotated 'Save' would also have a highlighted/brightened coloration to in effect let you know just where your very last actual 'Save' is!.

Return to “Panzer Corps 2”