Red Steel Update?

Order of Battle is a series of operational WW2 games starting with the Pacific War and then on to Europe!

Moderators: Order of Battle Moderators, The Artistocrats

LandMarine47
Major-General - Tiger I
Major-General - Tiger I

Red Steel Update?

Post by LandMarine47 »

Since it's been a while since we last heard about the next DLC, what's the news for DLC? Are we set for a summer release now?
Mojko
Sergeant Major - Armoured Train
Sergeant Major - Armoured Train

Re: Red Steel Update?

Post by Mojko »

My guess is that they postponed the release because Panzer Corps 2 release is coming up. It's a common practice - when it comes to releases. Smaller companies / products make way for the bigger as they don't want to compete directly.
Author and maintainer of Unit Navigator Tool for Order Of Battle (http://mfendek.byethost16.com/)
bebro
Slitherine
Slitherine

Post by bebro »

The new campaign is in a good shape overall, but the game has undergone a number of tech changes that are important in the long run, but needed extra work now.

I don't have a precise ETA at this point, release dates are not my decision, so I hope for the best :)
bru888
Order of Battle Moderator

Post by bru888 »

So my guess someplace else was valid: Red Steel and the UI upgrade will go hand-in-hand. Please hold onto Red Steel until the tech changes are all de-bugged and finished.
- Bru
LandMarine47
Major-General - Tiger I
Major-General - Tiger I

Post by LandMarine47 »

Sounds very interesting! Can we get a hint on what kind of UI changes are inbound?
bebro
Slitherine
Slitherine

Post by bebro »

Visually it is not changing the GUI hugely. It's mainly about improving how it works internally and modernizing it. More info on this will surely come when it's ready for release :)
Spotlight22
Corporal - Strongpoint
Corporal - Strongpoint

Post by Spotlight22 »

It has certainly been in Beta a while, I am quite looking forward to it's release as well.
Andy2012

Post by Andy2012 »

Spotlight22 wrote: Wed Mar 04, 2020 4:03 am It has certainly been in Beta a while, I am quite looking forward to it's release as well.
I have played almost the whole campaign in beta and I can assure you that it is very good. bebro has done a stellar job, as usual. :D
cutydt02
Sergeant - 7.5 cm FK 16 nA
Sergeant - 7.5 cm FK 16 nA

Post by cutydt02 »

but, if its already too good in beta, why slitherine hasnt released it ?
bru888

Post by bru888 »

cutydt02 wrote: Fri Mar 20, 2020 4:25 am but, if its already too good in beta, why slitherine hasnt released it ?
viewtopic.php?f=264&t=95300#p836399
- Bru
bebro
Slitherine
Slitherine

Post by bebro »

To shorten the waiting time, we may quick-release a Sitzkrieg DLC on April 1st.

This is a campaign where you win by not doing anything :)

Naaah. Red Steel is next. Until then (and beyond) everyone stay healthy.
morge4
Brigadier-General - Elite Grenadier
Brigadier-General - Elite Grenadier

Post by morge4 »

bebro wrote: Sun Mar 22, 2020 5:07 pm To shorten the waiting time, we may quick-release a Sitzkrieg DLC on April 1st.

:lol:
bru888

Post by bru888 »

bcnkor wrote: Mon Mar 30, 2020 4:12 pm [Moved - This was originally posted in the general forum. This may or may not be a player with access to beta but it appears related to issues above. It came from the "Red Steel Update?" thread - I left a placeholder post. If you need to ask him a question, he may be able to see it only if posted there.]
bebro wrote: Sun Mar 22, 2020 5:07 pm

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Bebro-The Artistocrats: I add several things that should be improved for everyone:

1-BUG found: https://subefotos.com/ver/?d24228e7c67f ... e9813o.png

RED COLOR: Failures: planes (Fighter bomber, torpedo) are not inside the aircraft carrier (the graphic 3D of the aircraft is NOT on top of the planes landing strip).

Affected aircraft carriers:
Carrier English ark royal, Illustrious, Impacable

German aircraft carriersr: Graf Zeppelin, jade.
German Hidro carrier: Greif, Bussard.

In the other carriers, Yes you see the 3D graphic of the plane, above the landing strip of the carrier.

2-YELLOW COLOR: The graphical UI icons are present, but cannot be changed, in order to improve the Graphical UI ICons for people who modify the games.

3-It is also necessary to add the Italian aircraft carrier "Aquila" to be able to make scenarios in the Mediterranean for the people who make new scenarios.

Thanks for everything.
bcnkor, as you see above, I moved your post to the Red Steel Beta thread so that bebro would notice it more readily and because I am not sure if you have access to that thread, I mentioned to him that he may wish to follow up with you here as necessary.
- Bru
bcnkor
Senior Corporal - Destroyer

Post by bcnkor »

bru888 wrote: Mon Mar 30, 2020 8:11 pm
bcnkor wrote: Mon Mar 30, 2020 4:12 pm [Moved - This was originally posted in the general forum. This may or may not be a player with access to beta but it appears related to issues above. It came from the "Red Steel Update?" thread - I left a placeholder post. If you need to ask him a question, he may be able to see it only if posted there.]
bebro wrote: Sun Mar 22, 2020 5:07 pm

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Bebro-The Artistocrats: I add several things that should be improved for everyone:

1-BUG found: https://subefotos.com/ver/?d24228e7c67f ... e9813o.png

RED COLOR: Failures: planes (Fighter bomber, torpedo) are not inside the aircraft carrier (the graphic 3D of the aircraft is NOT on top of the planes landing strip).

Affected aircraft carriers:
Carrier English ark royal, Illustrious, Impacable

German aircraft carriersr: Graf Zeppelin, jade.
German Hidro carrier: Greif, Bussard.

In the other carriers, Yes you see the 3D graphic of the plane, above the landing strip of the carrier.

2-YELLOW COLOR: The graphical UI icons are present, but cannot be changed, in order to improve the Graphical UI ICons for people who modify the games.

3-It is also necessary to add the Italian aircraft carrier "Aquila" to be able to make scenarios in the Mediterranean for the people who make new scenarios.

Thanks for everything.
bcnkor, as you see above, I moved your post to the Red Steel Beta thread so that bebro would notice it more readily and because I am not sure if you have access to that thread, I mentioned to him that he may wish to follow up with you here as necessary.

bru888: Thanks for the answer, I do not have access to the forum (Red Steel Beta thread), but if you have already seen it, then you have already fulfilled your mission to inform, and that everyone can enjoy those improvements, anything that responds in this forum, thanks for everything.

RED COLOR: (the graphic 3D of the aircraft is NOT on top of the planes landing strip):
Image with more detail: https://fotos.subefotos.com/3737295ee6b ... 55de1o.png
bru888

Post by bru888 »

Thanks on behalf of all of us for providing this feedback.
- Bru
GabeKnight
Lieutenant-General - Karl-Gerat 040
Lieutenant-General - Karl-Gerat 040

Post by GabeKnight »

bcnkor wrote: Tue Mar 31, 2020 5:09 pm RED COLOR: (the graphic 3D of the aircraft is NOT on top of the planes landing strip):
Oh yeah, thanks for the reminder, I might fix this in my mod. This issue's been reported in the v6.1.8 thread already, BTW. Please also read the following post by the Admiral in that thread. The problem's not with the carriers, but the plane miniatures. Can be adjusted (to a degree) in the units file.
bcnkor

Post by bcnkor »

GabeKnight wrote: Tue Mar 31, 2020 10:33 pm
bcnkor wrote: Tue Mar 31, 2020 5:09 pm RED COLOR: (the graphic 3D of the aircraft is NOT on top of the planes landing strip):
Oh yeah, thanks for the reminder, I might fix this in my mod. This issue's been reported in the v6.1.8 thread already, BTW. Please also read the following post by the Admiral in that thread. The problem's not with the carriers, but the plane miniatures. Can be adjusted (to a degree) in the units file.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Regarding: The problem is not with the carriers, but with the miniatures of the planes. It can be adjusted.

1-Yes GabeKnight, exactly that is the problem. Carriers were created, but these carriers were not assigned their Miniature of their airplane (which unfortunately look very small, and and it is important to detect them for the strategy, just as it happens on the runways with ground planes.) in the units file. You can put another airplane thumbnail to the aircraft carrier, but there are no authentic "created" miniatures of their aircraft to those aircraft carriers.

2-And in the other problem are the 2d graphics of the UI, which are some but are not affected by the changes, because they are hidden in update compressed files, and you can only change a part of the UI graphics. If you look at a part of the UI graphics this is changed in the photo, but those that are marked with YELLOW cannot (those 2d UI graphics).

The PNGs that are there but do not work when changing them:
resourcesBar1280.png
stats_land_1280.png
stats_naval_1280

button_cargo_1280
button_cargo_disabled_1080
button_cargo_high_1280

button_field_0
button_field_1.png

unitTitleBar1280

Path:
\Content\Graphics\UI\Large
or
\Content\Graphics\UI\Stats

3-And another interesting thing for everyone, since there are new good computers that allow it, to be able to zoom more, and even a free zoom with the central button of the mouse to move 360% (which would also be valid for the new Panzer Corps 2).

4- And for this Great Mod these two solutions: Put the numbers in yellow.
viewtopic.php?f=374&t=85746

In order to see the numbers in all the photos (many of them cannot be seen in white). When you can't buy the number it turns red and that looks good.

https://subefotos.com/ver/?2c5370b481bc ... pg#codigos

And it is very important that the text is seen halfway: https://subefotos.com/ver/?2c27051b1864 ... ng#codigos
Layered images do not position well between their layers. When you see stat_land_1280 or stats_naval_1280, not letting the text be seen in the middle, I think these files are as seen in the image:
Path:
\ Order of Battle - WW2_64_Data \ Content \ Graphics \ UI \ Large
unitBox_high_1280
unitBox1280
unitTitleBar1280

5- And this is very important: Release the folder for everyone ((make it visible folder And you can add more units for the moders in a load unit, new image 2D to units.csvto ) ) where the "miniature" of the units.csv are, so you can add any unit to the carrier or other loading unit. But every time you add a missing load unit, it will never appear. Missing and would improve the game for all players and Moders.

6-The unit_2106 = Flammpanzer units.csvto https://i.ytimg.com/vi/Id6TCzFoihc/maxresdefault.jpg It is not the correct 3d graphic on the battlefield, it is this: https://es.wikipedia.org/wiki/Flammpanzer_III

7-Another very necessary thing is to be able to put the Camouflage Skin in the editor.

This will greatly improve the game for everyone
Thanks for everything.
Last edited by bcnkor on Tue Apr 21, 2020 7:47 am, edited 20 times in total.
bru888

Post by bru888 »

bcnkor, I moved your last couple of posts to the Red Steel Beta forum so that bebro would see them sooner as we are getting down to the wire with Red Steel.
- Bru

Return to “Order of Battle Series”