Battlefield: Europe MOD v2.4

A forum to discuss custom scenarios, campaigns and modding in general.

Moderators: Slitherine Core, Panzer Corps Moderators, Panzer Corps Design

Uhu
Colonel - Fallschirmjäger

Re: Battlefield: Europe MOD v2.0

Post by Uhu »

Did you encounter the strange thing, that many times, after the computer calculates the fight results, it moves you out from the game in to another open task? It do not quit, so you can come back, but it is really annoying. I encounter this since Win 7, but with 10 happens the same and it happens on every computer, what I used. I use it on full screen, with /nocache. Any thoughts about it?
PeteMitchell
Major-General - Tiger I
Major-General - Tiger I

Post by PeteMitchell »

Uhu wrote: Thu May 07, 2020 4:10 pm Did you encounter the strange thing, that many times, after the computer calculates the fight results, it moves you out from the game in to another open task? It do not quit, so you can come back, but it is really annoying. I encounter this since Win 7, but with 10 happens the same and it happens on every computer, what I used. I use it on full screen, with /nocache. Any thoughts about it?
Yes, I have encountered it as well with BE. Is it only BE or PzC?
Comprehensive Battlefield Europe AAR:
http://www.slitherine.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=145&t=86481
slowgtp
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G

Post by slowgtp »

Anybody down for a match?
PeteMitchell
Major-General - Tiger I
Major-General - Tiger I

Post by PeteMitchell »

slowgtp wrote: Fri May 08, 2020 6:41 pm Anybody down for a match?
I am available... :)
slowgtp
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G

Post by slowgtp »

PeteMitchell and I just started a PBEM game, but I have a challenge issued in the multiplayer area if anyone is interested! :)
PeteMitchell
Major-General - Tiger I
Major-General - Tiger I

Post by PeteMitchell »

The open challenge on the server is based on version 2.0, just fyi...
slowgtp
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G

Post by slowgtp »

McGuba, a few more suggestions for future versions:

Would you consider the R.2005 or the Italian carrier Aquila?
PeteMitchell
Major-General - Tiger I
Major-General - Tiger I

Post by PeteMitchell »

I want to share the screenshots on how to set up a BE multiplayer game with hotseat and dice chess...

Just in case anyone else gets too annoyed as well by the standard Normal combat mode in PBEM MP :)

1st, select Scenario tab, there click on Multiplayer.jpg
1st, select Scenario tab, there click on Multiplayer.jpg (178.83 KiB) Viewed 2763 times
2nd, on Basic tab take Hotseat.jpg
2nd, on Basic tab take Hotseat.jpg (158.69 KiB) Viewed 2763 times
3rd, on Advanced tab, there pick Custom Difficulty on top AND Limited (Dice Chess).jpg
3rd, on Advanced tab, there pick Custom Difficulty on top AND Limited (Dice Chess).jpg (154 KiB) Viewed 2763 times
slowgtp
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G

Post by slowgtp »

Thanks! I fixed it :) New file incoming
slowgtp
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G

Post by slowgtp »

Interesting battle between me and PeteMitchell so far :)
Uhu

Post by Uhu »

slowgtp wrote: Mon May 11, 2020 10:13 pm Interesting battle between me and PeteMitchell so far :)
Do you play paired game?
How long have you played single game with BE?
PeteMitchell
Major-General - Tiger I
Major-General - Tiger I

Post by PeteMitchell »

slowgtp wrote: Mon May 11, 2020 10:13 pm Interesting battle between me and PeteMitchell so far :)
Indeed, especially since I also made my usual mistakes in the beginning (I am playing Allies)... :mrgreen:
For me, it is very interesting to see the various different approaches by different players! :shock: 8)
alexfilip
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38

Post by alexfilip »

agreed. it was fun for me to see how Uhu and Pete have different approaches (albeit both better than mine, or at least less mistake-ey).
I look forward to seeing other players as well once my games there are over.
It's a pity the mod can't start in something like 39 or 40 and give the player more freedom in what to do strategically. on the large map in MP that is. like barbarossa 40 or a different army composition. That is one area that games like Strategic command or Commander Europe at War have better than PzC. I dusted off my old copy of CEAW today to have a go at WW2 grand strategy again. Unfortunately it feels shallow compared to BE. It does not help that I can't find my game license number so I can't update that to newer versions.
Uhu

Post by Uhu »

As I always was an Axis fan of playing (what if is always a motivation plus crushing Stalin's mad terror regime with a force without Hitler and the nazis).
But since I tried first the Allied side while playing myself (for multi training) and later playing with Alex and McGuba I have now the motivation also strong with the Allied. The new challenge is how to build a longer lasting defense with the Soviets. It is almost as hard and so as challenging as making strategies for the Axis to not let loose the war.
slowgtp
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G

Post by slowgtp »

Uhu wrote: Tue May 12, 2020 7:50 am Do you play paired game?
How long have you played single game with BE?
Since 1.5 or so. Not too keen on PBEM but it works! :)
PeteMitchell wrote: Tue May 12, 2020 9:16 am
Indeed, especially since I also made my usual mistakes in the beginning (I am playing Allies)... :mrgreen:
For me, it is very interesting to see the various different approaches by different players! :shock: 8)
What was your strategy at Rovno? That got ugly fast! And I like the furious air battles around Odessa!
Uhu wrote: Tue May 12, 2020 10:37 am As I always was an Axis fan of playing (what if is always a motivation plus crushing Stalin's mad terror regime with a force without Hitler and the nazis).
But since I tried first the Allied side while playing myself (for multi training) and later playing with Alex and McGuba I have now the motivation also strong with the Allied. The new challenge is how to build a longer lasting defense with the Soviets. It is almost as hard and so as challenging as making strategies for the Axis to not let loose the war.
I'd like to challenge you next!
Last edited by slowgtp on Tue May 12, 2020 3:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Uhu

Post by Uhu »

I'm glad to hear it! I will just first finish my paired matches with McGuba and Alex (or at least one), than we can start a war.
slowgtp wrote: Tue May 12, 2020 3:35 pm
Uhu wrote: Tue May 12, 2020 10:37 am As I always was an Axis fan of playing (what if is always a motivation plus crushing Stalin's mad terror regime with a force without Hitler and the nazis).
I'd like to challenge you next!
PeteMitchell
Major-General - Tiger I
Major-General - Tiger I

Post by PeteMitchell »

slowgtp wrote: Tue May 12, 2020 3:35 pm
PeteMitchell wrote: Tue May 12, 2020 9:16 am
What was your strategy at Rovno? That got ugly fast! And I like the furious air battles around Odessa!
Frankly, no real strategy at Rowno this time (for me)... if done correctly these SU tanks are doomed and/or bypassed/encircled very quickly... I just tried to hold out for a bit and/or damage some Axis units close by, plus these tanks are not too relevant for me. Others may have better approaches at this place and I would be happy to get to know them!

Regarding Odessa, well there is a requirement to deploy a certain number of air units close to the border posts (during turns 1-4) and that is the easiest in the south (IMHO).

@McGuba: unfortunately, the Black Sea hexes off the coast of Constanța/Danube Delta don't seem to count to your "3 hex away from border post" rule?
alexfilip
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38

Post by alexfilip »

If were talking tactics... do you guys try to rush for Moscow and reach its hexes within the first 10 turns (as in, to get in with something like a recon), or do you go slow and steady to make sure that any unit you bring up there has higher chances to survive?
the one time i managed to take moscow (out of my 3 MP matches), it was not even one of my main objectives, and I moved towards it in a more cautious way with units I was prepare to use and lose in a long drawn out grind, slowly inching closer and closer (while the spearhead of my attack pointed south).
but i'm wondering how the pros do it.
PeteMitchell
Major-General - Tiger I
Major-General - Tiger I

Post by PeteMitchell »

I wouldn't call myself a pro in PzC or BE... that's Uhu for example ;)

However, all I can say, I think for me it depends on the overall situation along the entire front line... personally, I think it is very hard to hold the Kiev pocket/Donbass area further south, Moscow and Leningrad all at the same time... in the same way it is very hard to successfully attack all three of them simultaneously.

If you can capture and hold Moscow, it has some payoff (i.e. less reinforcements for SU early on) but by doing so you also unfreeze some other units all over the place... on the other side, if you can't close the Kiev pocket in time... you will have your hands full in the south for some time in 1942...

While time is against you in any way...
slowgtp
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G

Post by slowgtp »

One thing I noticed is that prestige is certainly at a premium. Jeez.

Return to “Panzer Corps : Scenario Design”