Battlefield: Europe MOD v2.4

A forum to discuss custom scenarios, campaigns and modding in general.

Moderators: Slitherine Core, Panzer Corps Moderators, Panzer Corps Design

Maths
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G

Re: Battlefield: Europe MOD v2.0

Post by Maths »

PeteMitchell wrote: Thu May 14, 2020 2:01 pm
Maths wrote: Wed May 13, 2020 8:15 pm Hello everybody,
Something must be wrong with my installation but some Graphics/Units icons are missing. I've fixed some but it happens stangely often espacially as the concerned units are "basic".
Dowloaded the 2.14 version from this topic's first post.
Afaik here is the list of missing icons : pak36 (eu), pak38 (eu), somua 35, 15cm Nebelwerfer, 232 8rad(eu), panhard recon, karl gerat 040.
Tell me if those are known issues with 2.14 because I never had this problem with earlier versions.
Greetings
When you say "wrong"... what is happening? When graphics are missing, PzC usually crashes...
The installation is OK : no window stating that something is missing. I thought the problem might be with the installation as anybody else seem to have this issue.
When I started a new game in SP I read the first in-game messages, I started to move units and then I saw that the icons I've listed above were missing (Big Unit pictures are working though). That is only the unit ON-MAP icon which is missing (png file in Graphics\Units) because these png pictures were simply absent in the Graphics\Units
Was that clear ? My english is kinda rough :mrgreen:
Greetings
PeteMitchell
Major-General - Tiger I
Major-General - Tiger I

Post by PeteMitchell »

Sorry if this is a kind of obvious question but did you try to reinstall it?
Comprehensive Battlefield Europe AAR:
http://www.slitherine.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=145&t=86481
Maths
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G

Post by Maths »

I've browsed again a just downloaded archive from the (first post) of BE 2.14 and the 3.7_cm_Pak_36 is missing. I didn't look for the other I've listed earlier.
PeteMitchell
Major-General - Tiger I
Major-General - Tiger I

Post by PeteMitchell »

Then this might be a question / topic for McGuba directly, don't know...
Maths
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G

Post by Maths »

I'm trying to reinstall the game, hang on
Uhu
Colonel - Fallschirmjäger

Post by Uhu »

I think, the easiest (and laziest ;) ) way is to:
1., Instal PzC (the 1.0 and than upgrade, or already the 1.30 exe)
2., Make a copy of the PzC folder and put it somewhere.
3., Copy + overwrite the other PzC folder with the BE files.

PeteMitchell wrote: Fri May 15, 2020 9:35 am Sorry if this is a kind of obvious question but did you try to reinstall it?
Maths
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G

Post by Maths »

I've just finished reinstall the whole game and BE 2.14 with GME and it worked : the missing icons are back. Didn't even understand what happened but...it worked :lol:
Thank you very much guys !
Maths
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G

Post by Maths »

Btw, I would be happy to try multi (though I will be stormed quickly). Anybody interested ?
Uhu

Post by Uhu »

Maths wrote: Fri May 15, 2020 10:06 am Btw, I would be happy to try multi (though I will be stormed quickly). Anybody interested ?
This is the way. ;)
I was kicked three times in a row (2x Keen, 1x Pete) on the Axis side to defeat after I played several hundred hours of single BE. But I learned a lot of from it! Now, there is a chance that I can make some victories also with the Axis.

I recommend through to to play with both sides. It is also useful to see what reinforcements the Allied side gets. Also playing with Dice Chess benefits the Axis side - plus both sides get less frustration...

We can start but only when I finished my games with McGuba und Alex.

...and with beta5 because there will be again many developments! :)
Maths
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G

Post by Maths »

Ok thank you ! I understand, feel free to contact me when you're ready
Greetings
PeteMitchell
Major-General - Tiger I
Major-General - Tiger I

Post by PeteMitchell »

Maths wrote: Fri May 15, 2020 10:06 am Btw, I would be happy to try multi (though I will be stormed quickly). Anybody interested ?
Hi Maths... I am also available but only when I will have finished my game with Alex... as I have to admit that I get lost when I play too many games in parallel (plus from different sides and at different stages/years).

Furthermore, Alex was then looking for new opponents as well (as I understood from one of his posts above/a few days ago)
Maths
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G

Post by Maths »

PeteMitchell wrote: Fri May 15, 2020 1:23 pm
Hi Maths... I am also available but only when I will have finished my game with Alex... as I have to admit that I get lost when I play too many games in parallel (plus from different sides and at different stages/years).

Furthermore, Alex was then looking for new opponents as well (as I understood from one of his posts above/a few days ago)
Ok no problem. Same as Uhu : I understand well and feel free to contact me when you're are ready.
Thank you !
Greetings
alexfilip
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38

Post by alexfilip »

Hi maths,
let me tell you something about these guys on here... they are good. it's nothing like playing the AI. I bested the AI once, and figure 'aight, i can do it' and walked in the saloon of the slitherine forum announcing that there is a new sheriff in town. before i could finish the last word, i had 4 bullet holes in me, all bullseyes. Nobody even blinked. Hell, not even the pianoman stopped playing to turn around and look at me.
I played two paired matches , vs Uhu and Pete, so that makes 4 (well 5, but my first axis game vs Uhu went downhill so fast that he was a gentleman and agreed to give me another go) in total. the result? becasue of me, Pete became the first guy to ever win a game in MP as the Axis (someone here keeps a table), he should send me a pack of cigars, the other three games are also going poorly (one may end in a draw)... what I am trying to say is... if you've never played MP, i may be your level. I still have to finish the games against Uhu and Pete, which make one or two more weeks, but if you could also hold a slot for me open, I would appreciate it, and it might make the most balanced experience for both of us. Unless you are also a ninja like these guys, in which case i'm gonna walk out of that game feeling like some character out of Kick Ass. ^^
Uhu

Post by Uhu »

This was also my though, that you shall play also a match against eachother. While it is also useful to learn from more experimenced players (it was also a hard kick@ss course for me with with Keen), but it is also good when we collect success too.
alexfilip wrote: Sat May 16, 2020 7:17 am Hi maths,
let me tell you something about these guys on here... they are good. it's nothing like playing the AI. I bested the AI once, and figure 'aight, i can do it' and walked in the saloon of the slitherine forum announcing that there is a new sheriff in town. before i could finish the last word, i had 4 bullet holes in me, all bullseyes. Nobody even blinked. Hell, not even the pianoman stopped playing to turn around and look at me.
I played two paired matches , vs Uhu and Pete, so that makes 4 (well 5, but my first axis game vs Uhu went downhill so fast that he was a gentleman and agreed to give me another go) in total. the result? becasue of me, Pete became the first guy to ever win a game in MP as the Axis (someone here keeps a table), he should send me a pack of cigars, the other three games are also going poorly (one may end in a draw)... what I am trying to say is... if you've never played MP, i may be your level. I still have to finish the games against Uhu and Pete, which make one or two more weeks, but if you could also hold a slot for me open, I would appreciate it, and it might make the most balanced experience for both of us. Unless you are also a ninja like these guys, in which case i'm gonna walk out of that game feeling like some character out of Kick Ass. ^^
Maths
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G

Post by Maths »

Hello alexfilip,
I know that Uhu and Pete are skilled players but I wasn't aware that you were seeking an opponent too. So I asked them while thinking: I'm dead ! ^^
Indeed it could be great to play with you.
I'm interested but if I understand correctly you would prefer finish your current games before starting another ?
Technically speaking, how is a multiplayer match set up ? Do I need to register somewhere ?
Greetings
Uhu

Post by Uhu »

I would recommend the PBEM mode:
- You can choose than Dice Chess (Normal/Random Dice is a big disadvantage for the Axis plus a big frustration factor for both sides).
- You can study the progress / state of the game still after you sent your turn.
- Therefore no mass of screenshots needed to be taken.
- You are not dependant on working Slitherine servers.
- ...But honesty is needed.

1.,You load the Be multi scenario, from scenarios menu
2., Set the dice chess at advanced option
3., Choose the hot seat mode
4., Make your turn, than save it
5., Send it (compressed or raw) to your game partner
6., He clicks on next turn or even better on Alt+ E, without looking your turn
7., He plays his turn, save it
8., Than send this - and if paired game, the other side's turn too) - back.

Maybe it sounds complicated, but it is easy to be done and as I wrote, there are many benefits.
Maths wrote: Sat May 16, 2020 10:39 am Hello alexfilip,
I know that Uhu and Pete are skilled players but I wasn't aware that you were seeking an opponent too. So I asked them while thinking: I'm dead ! ^^
I'm interested but if I understand correctly you would prefer finish your current games before starting another ?
Technically speaking, how is a multiplayer match set up ? Do I need to register somewhere ?
Greetings
PeteMitchell
Major-General - Tiger I
Major-General - Tiger I

Post by PeteMitchell »

Uhu wrote: Sat May 16, 2020 11:07 am I would recommend the PBEM mode:
- You can choose than Dice Chess (Normal/Random Dice is a big disadvantage for the Axis plus a big frustration factor for both sides).
- You can study the progress / state of the game still after you sent your turn.
- Therefore no mass of screenshots needed to be taken.
- You are not dependant on working Slitherine servers.
- ...But honesty is needed.

1.,You load the Be multi scenario, from scenarios menu
2., Set the dice chess at advanced option
3., Choose the hot seat mode
4., Make your turn, than save it
5., Send it (compressed or raw) to your game partner
6., He clicks on next turn or even better on Alt+ E, without looking your turn
7., He plays his turn, save it
8., Than send this - and if paired game, the other side's turn too) - back.

Maybe it sounds complicated, but it is easy to be done and as I wrote, there are many benefits.
Maths wrote: Sat May 16, 2020 10:39 am Hello alexfilip,
Greetings
Screenshots for points 1 to 3 above:
viewtopic.php?f=147&t=47985&start=2680#p850364

It's important to use the same version of Battlefield Europe, i.e. both players should have full and stable copies of e.g. version 2.14

Alternative to the above is playing via the Slitherine server as any other MP game. Then you should turn off "show opponents moves", otherwise PzC may crash
PeteMitchell
Major-General - Tiger I
Major-General - Tiger I

Post by PeteMitchell »

alexfilip wrote: Sat May 16, 2020 7:17 am Hi maths,
Thanks for your words Alex... nonetheless, we all can lose very quickly on such a big map like BE... there are no guarantees :wink:

It's also worth noting that the singleplayer vs. multiplayer configurations / setups are a bit different from each other and that there are advantages of knowing the map, also having information about when and what reinforcements come or what triggers there are (at certain points/times) is helpful...

GeneralWerner once mentioned the following about BE: “Time is often the critical point. That is why I like this mod so much. If you are doing the right things at the right time everything is good. If you are doing the wrong things you are punished immediately. And if you are doing the right things at the wrong time (or taking too long) you will be punished some rounds later”
Maths
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G

Post by Maths »

Thank you guys !
I've already tried PBEM and never suffered from crashes but that's so frustrating then Hotseat seems good. Will take a closer look now.
Greetings
PeteMitchell
Major-General - Tiger I
Major-General - Tiger I

Post by PeteMitchell »

Maths wrote: Sat May 16, 2020 11:53 am Thank you guys !
I've already tried PBEM and never suffered from crashes but that's so frustrating then Hotseat seems good. Will take a closer look now.
Greetings
The thing with turning off "show opponents moves" is specific to BE apparently, i.e. IIRC BE is either too big and/or too complex for the PzC server, the game may not crash but may cause some issue with prestige and triggers and so on... McGuba and Intenso82 described it when they tested BE MP and had also flagged it to the developers but the problems are still there as far as I know...

Return to “Panzer Corps : Scenario Design”