Panzer Corps 2 - Axis Operations DLCs announced

Get all the latest news on Slitherine.

Moderator: Slitherine Core

Waffenamt
Corporal - Strongpoint
Corporal - Strongpoint

Re: Panzer Corps 2 - Axis Operations DLCs announced

Post by Waffenamt »

Thanks for validating that I made the correct decision when I chose the FM edition when I had the opportunity, but I need to ask - is there anything stopping you from buying a PzC2 DLC when it becomes available?
Schneides42
Sergeant - Panzer IIC
Sergeant - Panzer IIC

Post by Schneides42 »

Waffenamt wrote: Thu Jun 18, 2020 2:56 pm Thanks for validating that I made the correct decision when I chose the FM edition when I had the opportunity, but I need to ask - is there anything stopping you from buying a PzC2 DLC when it becomes available?
Yes people can purchase the DLCs, it is the early access that they are unhappy about. I am happy as I purchased the FM edition. However, while I know I was pre-purchasing the first 2 DLCs, I don't recall any mention of getting early access as well so I can see why those who did not purchase FM being unhappy. Allowing people to now pre-purchase the DLCs does not seem an unreasonable ask.

Cheers

Schneides
Waffenamt
Corporal - Strongpoint
Corporal - Strongpoint

Post by Waffenamt »

I just look at it as a "thank you" - acknowledging that those who paid in advance for the 2 DLCs to be developed via the FM package actually helped out in some way. I could be wrong, but that works for me. It's evident in these forums that you just can't please everyone, but it's also important for people to reasonably voice their displeasure if they somehow feel slighted.

Regards
SineMora
Sergeant Major - SdKfz 234/2 8Rad
Sergeant Major - SdKfz 234/2 8Rad

Post by SineMora »

Kerensky wrote: Tue Jun 16, 2020 12:00 am Overpowered heroes are here to stay as far as I'm concerned.

If we nerf heroes, people who like them will be forced to work with a weaker system, they have no choice.
By leaving them as is, anyone who likes OP heroes can freely enjoy them. Anyone who doesn't, or finds certain combos to be utterly game breaking, can simply opt out or place personal restrictions on themselves. They can play with the 'no hero' setting. Or they can limit themselves to 1 hero per unit. Or they can adjust as they see fit.

And there are tools to fight against the most broken of combos. Something I'm considering for AI units with heroes is attaching a 'no surrender' hero. So if such a unit is hit with a combo Envelopment/Overwhelming attack, they will just shrug it off.
Other than simply opting out of using them it's not much you can do, though, and it's one of the better features on paper.

There's also the problem then that the average player will end with dozens of Rapid FIre 2X, Zero Slots, Double attack, No Retaliation, Vigilant etc in a single campaign spanning over 150 scenarios. I don't see how this will be balanced either way, but I'm hoping it will at least be playable w/o resorting to these.
Mildly pretentious Swede. Goes by Path on most platforms, including Steam.
http://www.slitherine.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=596&t=98034 -- Generalissimus AAR (no Trophies / Heroes)
Kerensky
Content Designer
Content Designer

Post by Kerensky »

SineMora wrote: Wed Jun 24, 2020 1:14 am Other than simply opting out of using them it's not much you can do, though, and it's one of the better features on paper.

There's also the problem then that the average player will end with dozens of Rapid FIre 2X, Zero Slots, Double attack, No Retaliation, Vigilant etc in a single campaign spanning over 150 scenarios. I don't see how this will be balanced either way, but I'm hoping it will at least be playable w/o resorting to these.
If the Axis Operations grows to that size, I would be honored to have such a problem. Some restrictions might be necessary, for example blocking more than 2 of the 'best' hero types perhaps, but for now it seems to be not a serious issue.

At the end of the Spanish Civil War internal test I have...

Learns from Mistakes
Artillery Support
Tank Killer
Adolf Galland special
Thorough Preparation
Flag Killer
No Retaliation
Ignores ZoC
Learns from Mistakes
Double Support
Unyielding
Lethal Attack
Exterminator

I also disbanded a few heroes for 1k prestige injections, I think 2 or so I tossed out.

All in all, that's not a crazy powerful roster of heroes. I think you can make maybe 1 uber unit out of... Ignore ZoC No retaliation tank killer? But even that isn't much of a combo.
adiekmann
Lieutenant Colonel - Elite Panther D

Post by adiekmann »

Kerensky wrote: Wed Jun 24, 2020 1:38 am
SineMora wrote: Wed Jun 24, 2020 1:14 am Other than simply opting out of using them it's not much you can do, though, and it's one of the better features on paper.

If the Axis Operations grows to that size, I would be honored to have such a problem. Some restrictions might be necessary, for example blocking more than 2 of the 'best' hero types perhaps, but for now it seems to be not a serious issue.

Learns from Mistakes
Artillery Support
Tank Killer
Adolf Galland special
Thorough Preparation
Flag Killer
No Retaliation
Ignores ZoC
Learns from Mistakes
Double Support
Unyielding
Lethal Attack
Exterminator

I also disbanded a few heroes for 1k prestige injections, I think 2 or so I tossed out.

All in all, that's not a crazy powerful roster of heroes. I think you can make maybe 1 uber unit out of... Ignore ZoC No retaliation tank killer? But even that isn't much of a combo.
That was after how many scenarios played? And did you have Killer Team? (Yes, a shameless attempt to find out how many missions are in the campaign. :D )
dalfrede
Colonel - Fallschirmjäger

Post by dalfrede »

adiekmann wrote: Wed Jun 24, 2020 3:34 am That was after how many scenarios played? And did you have Killer Team? (Yes, a shameless attempt to find out how many missions are in the campaign. :D )
PzC1 typically had 12 scenarios per DLC, so 13 heroes from 14 scenarios makes sense.

Or 11 heroes from 12 scenarios + Killer Team, iff you think he would take Killer Team,
not likely.
There comes a time on every project when it is time to shoot the engineer and ship the damn thing.
AlbertoC
Slitherine
Slitherine

Post by AlbertoC »

We are looking for willing testers for the upcoming DLC of Panzer Corps 2, Spanish Civil War.

If you are willing to give it a try and give us your honest opinion, you can apply here.
faos333

Post by faos333 »

Spanish Civil War great news, well done !!!!!!!!
Battlefield Europe get the most from Panzer Corps 8)
Download the new 2.4 Mod here http://www.slitherine.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=147&t=47985
Ingaric
Private First Class - Wehrmacht Inf
Private First Class - Wehrmacht Inf

Post by Ingaric »

adiekmann wrote: Wed Jun 24, 2020 3:34 am

Learns from Mistakes
Artillery Support
Tank Killer
Adolf Galland special
Thorough Preparation
Flag Killer
No Retaliation
Ignores ZoC
Learns from Mistakes
Double Support
Unyielding
Lethal Attack
Exterminator

That was after how many scenarios played? And did you have Killer Team? (Yes, a shameless attempt to find out how many missions are in the campaign. :D )
Unless he started with the trait that gives 3 heroes in first scenario, he would get 1 new hero at the beginning of each scenario.
when you begin the campaign it says there are 14/16 scenario's, so it looks like he started without the 3 hero trait and played 16 scenario's and tossed out 3.

Unfortunately I lost track of the number of scenarios I did myself. I started with 'Liberator' trait, because I always end up with too few prestige (especially with Spanish infantry being a prestige drain and I always needed to buy a load of auxiliary troops).
Battle of the Ebro is a killer scenario. had to replay it and I only won it barely.

my killer tank was:
Verdeja 2 with:
Envelopment
Overwhelming Attack
First Strike

so basically: suppress unit, attack it with my killer tank and the unit will surrender, giving me precious prestige.

my killer fighter plane was Bf109b overstrength to 15 with:
Zero Slots
Double Attack
Hit and Run
adiekmann

Post by adiekmann »

Ingaric wrote: Tue Aug 04, 2020 7:49 am
adiekmann wrote: Wed Jun 24, 2020 3:34 am

Learns from Mistakes
Artillery Support
Tank Killer
Adolf Galland special
Thorough Preparation
Flag Killer
No Retaliation
Ignores ZoC
Learns from Mistakes
Double Support
Unyielding
Lethal Attack
Exterminator

Unless he started with the trait that gives 3 heroes in first scenario, he would get 1 new hero at the beginning of each scenario.
when you begin the campaign it says there are 14/16 scenario's, so it looks like he started without the 3 hero trait and played 16 scenario's and tossed out 3.

Unfortunately I lost track of the number of scenarios I did myself. I started with 'Liberator' trait, because I always end up with too few prestige (especially with Spanish infantry being a prestige drain and I always needed to buy a load of auxiliary troops).
Battle of the Ebro is a killer scenario. had to replay it and I only won it barely.

my killer tank was:
Verdeja 2 with:
Envelopment
Overwhelming Attack
First Strike

so basically: suppress unit, attack it with my killer tank and the unit will surrender, giving me precious prestige.

my killer fighter plane was Bf109b overstrength to 15 with:
Zero Slots
Double Attack
Hit and Run
Try switching "First strike" and "double attack" between your fighter and Verdeja tank. That's what I would do. Just makes sure that while your tank is steamrolling over every full strength enemy unit earning you a ton of captured material and prestige that you either leave it with some ammo left to defend itself or that it doesn't end its turn where it is vulnerable to enemy counterattack without any ammo.
TigerTiger007
Corporal - Strongpoint
Corporal - Strongpoint

Post by TigerTiger007 »

I bought the Field Marshal Edition on rlease day and I thought DLC's were included but the cart want's me to pay for Spain and Axis Ops... how do I get them free?
"It's a wasted trip baby. Nobody said nothing about locking horns with no Tigers."

Return to “News & Announcements”