Field of Glory II Update version 1.5.30 – “Warband Update”

Field of Glory II is a turn-based tactical game set during the Rise of Rome from 280 BC to 25 BC.
Daniele
Slitherine
Slitherine

Field of Glory II Update version 1.5.30 – “Warband Update”

Post by Daniele »

Version 1.5.30 – “Warband Update”

Field of Glory II has been updated to version 1.5.30.

You can download the update from here

Version 1.5.30 – “Warband Update”Changelog
• Gameplay:
◦ Non-light troops will no longer turn to face light troops in close combat if the enemy would then be able to flank/rear charge them with a non-light unit on his next turn.
• Units:
◦ Our grateful thanks go to Paul Adaway, author of TT Mod, for permission to use units from TT mod in the main game, and Stephen Hales of Little Big Men Studios for permission to use his shield pattern designs in TT Mod units. https://www.littlebigmenstudios.com/
◦ Added Euzonoi from TT Mod: Light Foot, Protected, Javelins, Light Spear, 50% Swordsmen. 33 points.
◦ Added 3 early German warbands, 2 Dacian warbands and 1 later German warband from TT Mod.
◦ Added new eastern-style Armoured Noble Lancers and Noble Lancers from TT Mod.
◦ Added Germanic-style TT Mod textures to existing Armoured Noble Lancers and Noble Lancers.
◦ Greek and Thracian peltasts and Velites become Light Foot, Lightly Protected, Javelins, Light Spear, 50% Swordsmen. Point cost remains 30.
◦ Sub-Roman Foot units increased to 720 men (12 models) and cost to 41 points.
• Army Lists:
◦ Greek Peltasts replaced by Euzonoi in Greek and Spartan lists from 280 BC.
◦ Replaced existing warbands with early German Warbands in German Foot Tribes 105 BC - 259 AD list.
◦ Replaced existing warbands with Dacian Warbands in Dacian lists 50 BC - 380 AD.
◦ Replaced existing average warbands with later Germanic Warbands in Germanic Foot Tribes 260-599 AD, Germanic Horse Tribes 260-492 AD, Hunnic (Western) and (Sabir) lists 250-558 AD, Roman lists 379-492 AD, Romano-British 407-599 AD, Kingdom of Soissons 461-486 AD, Visigothic 419-621 AD, Frankish lists 260-499 AD, Gepid 493-567 AD , Lombard lists 493-569 AD, Anglo-Saxon 449-599 AD.
◦ Replaced Armoured Noble Lancers and Noble Lancers with eastern-style version in appropriate lists.
◦ Unit numbers adjusted in Romano-British 407-599 list. Roman allies removed – their existence was highly speculative, and unbalancing in tournament games.
◦ Kingdom of Soissons list changed to use Sub-Roman Foot instead of Limitanei.
◦ Added thureophoroi to Pyrrhic 274-272 list.
• Epic Battles:
◦ The following Epic Battle scenarios have been updated to use the new units: Adamclisi, Argentoratum, Adrianople, Frigidus, Chalons, Nedao, Volturnus, Raith.
• Editor:
◦ Deprecated tiles removed from the tiles lists in the Editor.
• Modding:
◦ The new version of the engine changes the way in which scripts are loaded, in order to improve the reliability of mods using the modded version of the script at all times and not sometimes using the vanilla script if a copy of $DEFAULT.BSF is not included in the mod.
◦ By request, here is a list of scripts and other major files changed since v1.5.28:
▪ system.txt
▪ Squads.csv
▪ Squads.xlsx
▪ MultiBattleCampaign.BSF
▪ AITools.BSF
▪ CombatTools.BSF
▪ MoreCampaignTools.BSF
▪ MultiPartSkirmishTools.BSF
▪ LiaisonTools.BSF
Athos1660
Major-General - Elite Tiger I
Major-General - Elite Tiger I

Re: Field of Glory II Update version 1.5.30 – “Warband Update”

Post by Athos1660 »

Great update !
kronenblatt
General - Elite King Tiger
General - Elite King Tiger

Post by kronenblatt »

Many thanks!
kronenblatt's campaign and tournament thread hub:

https://www.slitherine.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=108643
Sh1mbo
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38

Post by Sh1mbo »

nice, thanks for keep updating the game =)
SimonLancaster
1st Lieutenant - 15 cm sFH 18

Post by SimonLancaster »

Yes, good show. We all appreciate it very much!
YouTube channel for Field of Glory 2: Ancients and Medieval.

https://www.youtube.com/@simonlancaster1815
vakarr

Post by vakarr »

So peltasts will have a better chance of beating light javelinmen in melee, that's terrific, might make it worthwhile having them. How does the POA work out if you have the new style peltasts vs half sword medium infantry in difficult terrain? Then they wouldn't be disordered but they would have less armour plus fewer men in the unit.
rbodleyscott
Field of Glory 2
Field of Glory 2

Post by rbodleyscott »

vakarr wrote: Wed Jun 17, 2020 7:35 am So peltasts will have a better chance of beating light javelinmen in melee, that's terrific, might make it worthwhile having them. How does the POA work out if you have the new style peltasts vs half sword medium infantry in difficult terrain? Then they wouldn't be disordered but they would have less armour plus fewer men in the unit.
I would expect the LF to lose, mainly because there are twice as many men in the MF unit. That will give the MF 50% Combat Strength advantage, whereas Disorder will only give then 22% (or is it 26%) disadvantage,
Richard Bodley Scott

amenofi64
Administrative Corporal - SdKfz 251/1
Administrative Corporal - SdKfz  251/1

Post by amenofi64 »

Hi, does beta also run on Steam?
rbodleyscott
Field of Glory 2
Field of Glory 2

Post by rbodleyscott »

amenofi64 wrote: Wed Jun 17, 2020 2:27 pm Hi, does beta also run on Steam?
This is a released Update not a beta. It is already on STEAM.

However, when we do the open beta for the next update it will also run on STEAM.
Richard Bodley Scott

kevinstelescope
Private First Class - Opel Blitz

Post by kevinstelescope »

ok i downloaded the update but when i run it it doesnt find the game. i have it on GOG. any solution?
rbodleyscott
Field of Glory 2
Field of Glory 2

Post by rbodleyscott »

kevinstelescope wrote: Thu Jun 18, 2020 8:49 pm ok i downloaded the update but when i run it it doesnt find the game. i have it on GOG. any solution?
I am guessing this is a GOG issue, which I do not have the knowledge to help you with. Please email support@slitherine.co.uk and they should be able to help you sort it out.
Richard Bodley Scott

painless42

Post by painless42 »

Wonderful Update! Is there any DLC in the pipeline with Empires done?
Gaznak
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G

Post by Gaznak »

Great update! Late antiquity is one of my favourite periods so this really adds flavour to the rome vs goths grudge matches.
kokkorhekkus
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G

Post by kokkorhekkus »

kevinstelescope wrote: Thu Jun 18, 2020 8:49 pm ok i downloaded the update but when i run it it doesnt find the game. i have it on GOG. any solution?
same problem and for the first time, no problem with 1.5.28 patch...i don't know what is GOG
Sh1mbo
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38

Post by Sh1mbo »

hi i aslo have the gog version, but in my case the game runs smoothly, in cases like that what i do is to download one of the backup installers that gog gives you in your game gallery, but i recently check the installers and doesnt have been updated, they are still in the 1.5.28 version, you can wait untill gog update those installers to the 1.5.30 o reinstall to the 1.5.28 =/, maybe the game will try to update himself again
rbodleyscott
Field of Glory 2
Field of Glory 2

Post by rbodleyscott »

painless42 wrote: Fri Jun 19, 2020 5:39 pm Wonderful Update! Is there any DLC in the pipeline with Empires done?
Empires is made by an entirely different development team. We are working on the next thing for FOG2, yes.
Richard Bodley Scott

rbodleyscott
Field of Glory 2
Field of Glory 2

Post by rbodleyscott »

kokkorhekkus wrote: Fri Jun 19, 2020 10:07 pm
same problem and for the first time, no problem with 1.5.28 patch...i don't know what is GOG
Please email support@slitherine.co.uk
Richard Bodley Scott

Karvon
Sr. Colonel - Battleship
Sr. Colonel - Battleship

Post by Karvon »

If you're running games from GOG, I'd recommend you download and install their Galaxy UI which is a combo installer/launcher/updater. Using that, you can check for and update the game more easily.

Karvon
XOPT13
Corporal - Strongpoint
Corporal - Strongpoint

Post by XOPT13 »

rbodleyscott wrote: Sat Jun 20, 2020 1:52 pm We are working on the next thing for FOG2, yes.
If I understand correctly, you are currently working on the next DLC for FOG 2? I hope it's about the middle ages. :D

Return to “Field of Glory II”