Panzer Corps 10th Anniversary (11-07-2021) improvement ideas

PC : Turn based WW2 goodness in the mold of Panzer General. This promises to be a true classic!

Moderators: Slitherine Core, Panzer Corps Moderators, Panzer Corps Design

Japoivvb
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G

Re: Panzer Corps 10th Anniversary (11-07-2021)

Post by Japoivvb »

I updated trello board with latest ideas from latro and guille1434( you had a very long wishlist in your head :shock: )

With them, we have reached almost 50 requirements/ideas, as trello system voting requires an account and to handle/filter them easily when we have in 100 items I will close this first requirements pool and I will launch a big poll with all of them to set as must, nice or rejected. This would help to dev team showing where to be focus and what is most wished.
Ursulet
Staff Sergeant - Kavallerie

Post by Ursulet »

I would love to have more switchable units like in the mods we get.
glaude1955
Sergeant First Class - Elite Panzer IIIL
Sergeant First Class - Elite Panzer IIIL

Post by glaude1955 »

Ursulet wrote: Thu Jul 23, 2020 6:17 am I would love to have more switchable units like in the mods we get.
Yes, but on condition that the AI knows how to use them correctly!
Ursulet

Post by Ursulet »

glaude1955 wrote: Thu Jul 23, 2020 7:34 am
Ursulet wrote: Thu Jul 23, 2020 6:17 am I would love to have more switchable units like in the mods we get.
Yes, but on condition that the AI knows how to use them correctly!
I have been playing with the pak mod and it wure knows when to switch and bugger me with its AA +2 move in at mode against my trucks :lol:
Panzerpimp

Post by Panzerpimp »

Great topic.
10 years already and I'm still playing this wonderful game. Unbelievable.
I would gladly pay any money just to continue the improvement of this game.
We have excellent mods, but the official support is also needed.
New DLC's, patches - it doesn't matter.
I understand it's complicated, especially with the release of the new game - part 2, but I believe it is still possible.
I want to believe. :)
Make love, not war.
PeteMitchell
Major-General - Tiger I
Major-General - Tiger I

Post by PeteMitchell »

17 responses in the survey so far... I wish we could read some official Slitherine/developer point of view, too :)
Comprehensive Battlefield Europe AAR:
http://www.slitherine.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=145&t=86481
asuser
Sergeant Major - SdKfz 234/2 8Rad
Sergeant Major - SdKfz 234/2 8Rad

Post by asuser »

My wishes for the patch

-Hero management
Successful battles generate points with that you can independently assign heroes with appropriate traits to land/air/marine units

-Encirclement function like in OOB and PC2
Encircling units have excessive strength, encircled units have high losses

-Reward for achieved medals
Allow the purchase of bonus units or the formation of special troops

-New / extended Traits (+update missing abilities)
-> Alpini
Previous "Alpini" function is probably not working. Mountain troops should have greater range of movement and sight in the mountains.

-> Torpedo
Ships, submarines and planes that can fire torpedoes should be able to fire from a safe distance without being engaged by enemy flak

-Increase limit for transport units from 32 to 64

-Introduce supply function (fuel, ammo) with nearby supply vehicles, with that we need new trait for the supply unit "supply"?
goose_2
Tournament Organizer of the Year 2017

Post by goose_2 »

My ultimate improvement is a mp fix that saves the game after every move the player makes, so they would not be able to shut down the game and reload to "savescum" the game for better results...it is very frustrating aspect that happens in the game
goose_2
Lutheran Multiplayer Tournament Organizer. :-)

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCRHQShaOv5PWoer6cP1syLQ
jeffoot77
Master Sergeant - Bf 109E
Master Sergeant - Bf 109E

Post by jeffoot77 »

I think PC1 could be the perfect ultimate game with 5 easy modifications :

- 1 : Anti-tank support like in PC2 and OOB

- 2 : Hero management like in PC2

- 3 : Encirclement like in OOB and PC2

-4 : Military ranks for the player improving after completing campaigns . ( medals , new units , rewards if succeding in hard difficulty)

-5 : "Space" key option like in PC2 to make the IA play all units at the same time.

PC2 could have been the ultimate game but PC2 will never offer the huge maps of PC1 and will never offer to play dozen of units in the same scenario ... cauz of limiting 3D ...
my custom mini-campaign in order of battle :
http://www.slitherine.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=374&t=79333&p=676302#p676302

Panzer corps mods archive : http://jeffoot.freeboxos.fr:41226/share/KmCyju7JFZX6dD2B/
PeteMitchell
Major-General - Tiger I
Major-General - Tiger I

Post by PeteMitchell »

While I agree on the value of new PzC2 developments, we may need to be careful to not distract ourselves from some essential fixes (required) for PzC1... IMHO
McGuba
Colonel - Ju 88A
Colonel - Ju 88A

Post by McGuba »

goose_2 wrote: Mon Jul 27, 2020 1:31 pm My ultimate improvement is a mp fix that saves the game after every move the player makes, so they would not be able to shut down the game and reload to "savescum" the game for better results...it is very frustrating aspect that happens in the game
Yes, it would be very important to stop or at least reduce cheating in multiplayer. It is of course very unfair if one of the players is cheating while the other does not and it can spoil the game and reduce the number of players in the long run.

However, it is not so easy to do so. Believe it or not, some time ago I had exactly the same idea like you and I had the chance to suggest it to Rudankort as back then I had some form of contact with him (it was well before the release of PzC2). But he explained to me that even if the game saved each and every action / unit movement, nothing could stop some "smart" players to locate this file, even if it was hidden, and then archive it at the beginning of the turn and then just use this archived copy of the file and overwrite the new one with it after a unit action negating its intended effect as in that case he can again make unlimited attempts until he gets better results. And I have to say that Rudankort was right about that. If somebody really wants to cheat he can and will go the extra mile to make it happen even if there is such an extra layer of protection. Unfortunately.

But I did continue to think about that and I had the idea that maybe the server could count how many times a player downloads his turn without uploading anything and then this information could be sent to his opponent in every turn. For example if I learned that my opponent downloaded the previous turn from the server like six times and only uploaded it once I could ask him what happened and then I could decide if I intend to continue playing against him. Especially if it happens frequently. It may happen occasionally though, because of a game crash or a server or internet connection issue, but if it happens regularly it may indicate a savescum or reload cheating as you described. I may be wrong, but I think it could be relatively easy to program it if the server counts the number of game downloads, and I think it does. The game should only show a short message at the beginning of a turn if the player's opponent downloaded his turn more than once, maybe even telling the exact number.
ImageImage
slitherine.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=147&t=47985
slitherine.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=147&t=36969
goose_2

Post by goose_2 »

McGuba wrote: Mon Jul 27, 2020 9:06 pm
goose_2 wrote: Mon Jul 27, 2020 1:31 pm My ultimate improvement is a mp fix that saves the game after every move the player makes, so they would not be able to shut down the game and reload to "savescum" the game for better results...it is very frustrating aspect that happens in the game
Yes, it would be very important to stop or at least reduce cheating in multiplayer. It is of course very unfair if one of the players is cheating while the other does not and it can spoil the game and reduce the number of players in the long run.

However, it is not so easy to do so. Believe it or not, some time ago I had exactly the same idea like you and I had the chance to suggest it to Rudankort as back then I had some form of contact with him (it was well before the release of PzC2). But he explained to me that even if the game saved each and every action / unit movement, nothing could stop some "smart" players to locate this file, even if it was hidden, and then archive it at the beginning of the turn and then just use this archived copy of the file and overwrite the new one with it after a unit action negating its intended effect as in that case he can again make unlimited attempts until he gets better results. And I have to say that Rudankort was right about that. If somebody really wants to cheat he can and will go the extra mile to make it happen even if there is such an extra layer of protection. Unfortunately.

But I did continue to think about that and I had the idea that maybe the server could count how many times a player downloads his turn without uploading anything and then this information could be sent to his opponent in every turn. For example if I learned that my opponent downloaded the previous turn from the server like six times and only uploaded it once I could ask him what happened and then I could decide if I intend to continue playing against him. Especially if it happens frequently. It may happen occasionally though, because of a game crash or a server or internet connection issue, but if it happens regularly it may indicate a savescum or reload cheating as you described. I may be wrong, but I think it could be relatively easy to program it if the server counts the number of game downloads, and I think it does. The game should only show a short message at the beginning of a turn if the player's opponent downloaded his turn more than once, maybe even telling the exact number.
Oh that would be so beautiful especially if it was included in the information that is sent to you in the email...like the very first number included in the information sent. This would be great, because the crashing reupload thing happens to me, especially when playing these massive scenarios and I get click happy because I know the video graphics are minimal in pc1 but they still exist and they do not like it when you interrupt them as has been displayed in some of my videos.

Man I hope they listen
goose_2
Lutheran Multiplayer Tournament Organizer. :-)

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCRHQShaOv5PWoer6cP1syLQ
Japoivvb
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G

Post by Japoivvb »

@asuser, goose_2, jeffoot77, McGuba
I registered all your requests in board, some of them were included in other ones with same goal, none was missing. We have reached 67 cards/wishes.
captainjack
Brigadier-General - 15 cm Nblwf 41
Brigadier-General - 15 cm Nblwf 41

Post by captainjack »

Mountain move provides combat bonus in mountains (+2 or 3 defence) and higher initiative cap.
Ski troops retain full spotting in snow, and have higher initiative cap.
Initiative hero is added after bad weather and other limits are applied rather than before.
Japoivvb
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G

Post by Japoivvb »

@captainjack, added all 3.

first one under already card about Alpini trait
https://trello.com/c/DbYAJeMX
the other ones as new 2 cards at end of the list.
Buffalohump
Administrative Corporal - SdKfz 251/1
Administrative Corporal - SdKfz  251/1

Post by Buffalohump »

Greetings,
I have enjoyed reading this thread. I would gladly add my support to this effort and would like to add my wish list.
I have stated in a previous thread my desire for the artillery class to gain rate of fire with experience, an experienced crew would be able to handle their piece faster.
I think this has been covered but some form of hero management system would be nice. It would be nice to move heroes to support green units or to a unit that his abilities made better sense.
Finally, I would love to see a 46 west dlc to follow up a successful conclusion to Sealion 45. I would gladly pay for these expansions or refinements.
I agree with goose_2 about some sort of patch to prevent cheating in multiplayer. I played three or four matches and had fun but felt like in at least two occasions I was the victim of cheating and got frustrated and quit. I am no Field Marshal, but when every sneaking unit I have is found out and destroyed something is rotten in the state of Denmark.
Also, I recently finished the 45 East campaign on field marshal. My apologies to those I have argued with in the past, I was ignorant. The first three or four missions I always found tedious and would quit playing, but starting with Budapest 45 to Berlin was great fun.
Japoivvb
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G

Post by Japoivvb »

@buffalohump, added.

Could you explain a little better the first one?
https://trello.com/c/2Nv7nh8l

how does it impact the rate of fire in combat? more ammo, more attack values?
PeteMitchell
Major-General - Tiger I
Major-General - Tiger I

Post by PeteMitchell »

Japoivvb wrote: Thu Jul 30, 2020 5:55 am @buffalohump, added.

Could you explain a little better the first one?
https://trello.com/c/2Nv7nh8l

how does it impact the rate of fire in combat? more ammo, more attack values?
I think he means that units should have more dice rolls as they gain experience, i.e. higher rate of fire = higher chance to hit something, maybe compare here:
viewtopic.php?t=26663
guille1434
Major-General - Jagdtiger
Major-General - Jagdtiger

Post by guille1434 »

I agree with BuffaloHump: A full DLC'46 campaign (in West and East) would be another nice addition to the game I would pay for. I was thinking about some kind of Axis invasion on Greenland and then on Canada and/or United States continental territory. On the East side, something in the lines of German Heer´46 with all their wunderwaffen against the mighty Soviet steamroller...

Also, an idea I would very much like to see implemented is an Ammo/Fuel point system, to be managed just like Prestige Points. That would add an interesting depth layer to the logistics aspect of the game. So, if you refuel or resupply ammo to your units, you will be consumig points from your Fuel/Ammo pool, so if you are short of fuel/ammo points you should be very careful about what units support with ammo or fuel, and which ones put on a diet (this would be strictly historical, at least for the Axis side). Of course, just like it happens with Prestige Points, you will obtain/capture Fuel/Ammo points when taking Victory hexes, capturing enemy units, taking on-map supply dumps, etc... Also, Ammo/Fuel points (could also be called just Supply Points) can be awarded/penalized at the beginning of each scenario, or by means of scripts executed in mid-game (of course, just like Prestige Points). My idea is that this would work just like a parallel "currency" system equal to the current Prestige Points system.
Japoivvb
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G

Post by Japoivvb »

I did not know about that stat ROF, thanks for thread it made me a new way to see arty units. Updated in board

Added fuel/ammo pool, this is more realistic than have infinite resources or at least it could be linked to prestige 1 ammo/fuel = 1 prestige point.

Playing the game in IPad I realized there are gradual zoom in/out levels instead only 2 in Windows/Mac(I guess), so I added it too in wish list

Return to “Panzer Corps”