Panzer Corps 10th Anniversary (11-07-2021) improvement ideas

PC : Turn based WW2 goodness in the mold of Panzer General. This promises to be a true classic!

Moderators: Slitherine Core, Panzer Corps Moderators, Panzer Corps Design

Japoivvb
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G

Re: Panzer Corps 10th Anniversary (11-07-2021)

Post by Japoivvb »

And new one too, show hero increments/decrements in info panel(f7) e.g. if hero +1 movement see there in movement field row the normal + hero values ie. 3+1

75 cards in wishlist
Yrfin
1st Lieutenant - 15 cm sFH 18
1st Lieutenant - 15 cm sFH 18

Post by Yrfin »

My wishes:
- use switch forward and backward
- use Beng trait on Lake/Shallow water
- fly to the Moon

Hey, Rudanko :)
When im died - I must be a killed.
faos333
Colonel - Fallschirmjäger
Colonel - Fallschirmjäger

Post by faos333 »

guille1434 wrote: Tue Jul 21, 2020 1:27 am Hello guys... This thread is a wonderful idea, and in fact I was thinking since some time ago about proposing such an initiative here in the forum, but I was a bit lazy about writing down the ton of ideas I have to make improvements to PzCops 1, in order to turn it into a PzCorps Classic, PzCorps Forever, PzCorps Platinum, etc... you got the idea, I suppose. After reading this thread, I will put my notes and ideas into some order and write them down to share them with everybody here.

But there is also another aspect of this idea... Remember that what is for most of us a very enjoyable hobby/passtime (that is playing and/or modding PzCorps), for Alex and the other members of the dev team this is no more, no less, a means to earn their keeping (that would be, of course, a work). So, very important questions would also be:

- How much are we willing to pay for a "dream patch" for PzCorps?
- And importantly also, how many of us will be willing to take the wallet out of the pocket and give our hard earned money to get our dream became a reality?

I, for example would happily pay u$s 50.- for such a patch (for comparison a new copy of PzC2 is worth $40.-) Hey, I would gladly pay $100.- for a patch that includes all or nearly all of what I have in mind, because this would mean that PzCorps "Ultimate" would be the only game I would play since that patch is released till I leave this world.

So, why not make some kind of poll telling the dev team members how many of us and how much will be willing to pay for their work?

May be, If they do the math, and conclude that the reward is worth the effort, we all will get what we are asking for here...

What do you pals think about this?

Thanks and greetings to all!

PS: Here in Argentina, the 20th July is the "Friendship Day", so my salute to all forum members, that in some way, I consider them to be friends! :-)
Totally 100% agree on the above :D
Battlefield Europe get the most from Panzer Corps 8)
Download the new 2.4 Mod here http://www.slitherine.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=147&t=47985
PeteMitchell
Major-General - Tiger I
Major-General - Tiger I

Post by PeteMitchell »

I think there should be some sort of setting that restricts the maximum number of available units per unit type to N (with N = 1, 2, 3, 4, 5), i.e. to allow for/enforce a more historic core force composition...

(sure this can be done by self-restriction as well)
Comprehensive Battlefield Europe AAR:
http://www.slitherine.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=145&t=86481
goose_2
Tournament Organizer of the Year 2017

Post by goose_2 »

PeteMitchell wrote: Sat Aug 01, 2020 8:22 pm I think there should be some sort of setting that restricts the maximum number of available units per unit type to N (with N = 1, 2, 3, 4, 5), i.e. to allow for/enforce a more historic core force composition...

I would be upset if the game restricted the ability to purchase the equipment you want. I like putting my own restrictions on rather than having it dictated to me. Does that make sense?
goose_2
Lutheran Multiplayer Tournament Organizer. :-)

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCRHQShaOv5PWoer6cP1syLQ
PeteMitchell
Major-General - Tiger I
Major-General - Tiger I

Post by PeteMitchell »

goose_2 wrote: Mon Aug 03, 2020 2:11 pm
PeteMitchell wrote: Sat Aug 01, 2020 8:22 pm I think there should be some sort of setting that restricts the maximum number of available units per unit type to N (with N = 1, 2, 3, 4, 5), i.e. to allow for/enforce a more historic core force composition...

I would be upset if the game restricted the ability to purchase the equipment you want. I like putting my own restrictions on rather than having it dictated to me. Does that make sense?
I was thinking of some sort of setting/switch, e.g. under Advanced Settings where you could select this setting, i.e. in the same way as weather on or off and then select the number of max units per unit type, e.g. only 2 of one type (e.g. on the level of Panzer III or even down to the level of Panzer III Ausf. F)
goose_2

Post by goose_2 »

I guess...I just think that gets tricky as I apply certain parameters on different campaigns. And some campaigns start you off with more than 2 of a specific unit. IE Sealion GC starts you off with like 4 BF-109e's. So...
goose_2
Lutheran Multiplayer Tournament Organizer. :-)

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCRHQShaOv5PWoer6cP1syLQ
PeteMitchell
Major-General - Tiger I
Major-General - Tiger I

Post by PeteMitchell »

Sure... details to be figured out later as with any other suggestion here... for now it's just a list IMHO...

By the way... did anyone get any feedback from the developers yet :)
Japoivvb
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G

Post by Japoivvb »

added as label game option to be on/off as suggested by PeteMitchell
asuser
Sergeant Major - SdKfz 234/2 8Rad
Sergeant Major - SdKfz 234/2 8Rad

Post by asuser »

PeteMitchell wrote: Mon Aug 03, 2020 5:19 pm
By the way... did anyone get any feedback from the developers yet :)
I think Mr. Rudankort could something say to this hot topic. Anybody here with the right connections to him?
Japoivvb
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G

Post by Japoivvb »

today I woke up with some more ideas, added to board

draw lines label UI
able to draw lines to mark graphic notes e.g. where to defense, where to attack, where to move next turns, important key cities or airports
similar feature as it works in civilization IV

pacific corps DLC label campaign
official pacific DLC with corresponding new tiles, new nations, new maps/scenarios...

see map without units label UI
as previous PG/AG there should be a way to see all map without units, it would help to see all victory hexes not hidden after unit icons

specific airfield icon in strategy map label UI
use a different icon for airfields to distinguish cities from airfields easily
captainjack
Brigadier-General - 15 cm Nblwf 41
Brigadier-General - 15 cm Nblwf 41

Post by captainjack »

Good ideas on airfield markers on the strategic map view. It would also be really useful to have planes with low fuel shown in a different colour on the strategic map.. I'm pretty near certain you can show map with no units already - try pressing space bar in the strategic view.
Japoivvb
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G

Post by Japoivvb »

I did not know space bar action, but confirmed in other thread you are right,
"Spacebar toggles between showing the strategic map with or without units, the latter is easy to eg. see your victory points or deployment zones better. TAB circles through ground/ air units."
so card has been removed, thanks captainjack.
Does anybody know how to do it(space bar) this in ipad platform?

In the other hand a new card has been added with your idea about planes with low fuel highlighted in strategic map
Japoivvb
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G

Post by Japoivvb »

Yrfin wrote: Thu Jul 30, 2020 3:51 pm My wishes:
- use switch forward and backward
- use Beng trait on Lake/Shallow water
- fly to the Moon

Hey, Rudanko :)
Could you explain a little more 1 and 3 wishes please? it would help to understand how they would work.
Erasermarek
Sergeant - Panzer IIC
Sergeant - Panzer IIC

Post by Erasermarek »

On 10th Anniversary - HD rework. Still in 2D but with more detail and with zoom. More effects... Just a dream...
Japoivvb
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G

Post by Japoivvb »

@Erasermarek, added your requirement https://trello.com/c/B0krjz5q

85 cards in total
Buffalohump
Administrative Corporal - SdKfz 251/1
Administrative Corporal - SdKfz  251/1

Post by Buffalohump »

As much as I would like this project to take off I don’t think it will happen. I used my boot money this past weekend to purchase my first gaming computer and eagerly purchased Panzer Corp 2. I am still learning and am only a couple of scenarios into the main campaign. They seemed to have incorporated most of the ideas we are presenting here and the requests made during development into the game and appear to be busy working on dlcs. I will still gladly pay for any upgrade or expansion to the original I just don’t think it will happen.
PeteMitchell
Major-General - Tiger I
Major-General - Tiger I

Post by PeteMitchell »

Well, I believe the chances are low that anything will happen but I think there are around 10-15 must have fixes out of the 85 ideas... the rest seems nice to have for me... IMHO
Japoivvb
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G

Post by Japoivvb »

I do not think new developments PzC2 and new enhancements PzC are incompatible, in fact this would be a good reason to extend development team and share knowledge with new developers, if many of enhancements are in PzC2 easier to move/migrate to PzC too. Let's see if it this brainstorming worth.

anyway 3 new ideas
- show heroes values doing mouse over on unit, label UI
show same info panel as it is working in deployment stage when mouse over on unit in reserve list but working in tactical map too

- gain prestige for destroying units, label game option
not only for surrenders but for destroying all unit too as in PG original, it would give value to clean enemy units from map, it could be on/off as other game rules

- loss prestige for losing units, label game option
if you loss a unit your prestige should be less, it would give value to keep alive auxiliary units used now as cannon fodder sadly ,it could be on/off as other game rules
glaude1955
Sergeant First Class - Elite Panzer IIIL
Sergeant First Class - Elite Panzer IIIL

Post by glaude1955 »

I would like to but, unfortunately, I do not think that the developers will make a patch when the game already has its successor.
Potentially, it is more profitable to bet on the future than on the past.

Return to “Panzer Corps”