Panzer Corps 10th Anniversary (11-07-2021) improvement ideas

PC : Turn based WW2 goodness in the mold of Panzer General. This promises to be a true classic!

Moderators: Slitherine Core, Panzer Corps Moderators, Panzer Corps Design

Japoivvb
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G

Re: Panzer Corps 10th Anniversary (11-07-2021)

Post by Japoivvb »

new idea/rule
- no surrenders on retreating if there are 3 friend units beside, free enemy ZOC, label game engine
similar surrender mechanic implemented in PzC2 I guess viewtopic.php?t=88191
goose_2
Tournament Organizer of the Year 2017

Post by goose_2 »

Japoivvb wrote: Tue Aug 18, 2020 6:41 am new idea/rule
- no surrenders on retreating if there are 3 friend units beside, free enemy ZOC, label game engine
NNNNNNOOOOOO!!!

Do not take away the 3 S's I so very much love

Suppress
Surround
Surrender

I love this trick and there are tactics to avoid it being implemented on you....learn to combat rather than take away my joy...please ;)
goose_2
Lutheran Multiplayer Tournament Organizer. :-)

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCRHQShaOv5PWoer6cP1syLQ
Buffalohump
Administrative Corporal - SdKfz 251/1
Administrative Corporal - SdKfz  251/1

Post by Buffalohump »

goose_2 wrote: Tue Aug 18, 2020 5:14 pm
NNNNNNOOOOOO!!!

Suppress
Surround
Surrender

I love this trick and there are tactics to avoid it being implemented on you....learn to combat rather than take away my joy...please ;)
Goose_2 if you are not already you need to play Panzer Corps 2. It was made for you.

Regards
goose_2

Post by goose_2 »

My computer did not like it when I played the beta...so I guess I need a better computer, that is just not in the budget at the present time. Too much to still do with PC1
goose_2

Buffalohump
Administrative Corporal - SdKfz 251/1
Administrative Corporal - SdKfz  251/1

Post by Buffalohump »

Understood.
Had I not been saving my lunch money for something else I wanted I would not have been able myself.

Regards
Japoivvb
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G

Post by Japoivvb »

Buffalohump wrote: Tue Aug 18, 2020 5:21 pm
goose_2 wrote: Tue Aug 18, 2020 5:14 pm
NNNNNNOOOOOO!!!

Suppress
Surround
Surrender

Goose_2 if you are not already you need to play Panzer Corps 2. It was made for you.

Regards
It would not mean remove surrender logic, it does not make sense an unit surrenders if it is surrounded by 5 friend units and only 1 enemy unit in its 6 adjacent hex, it would be possible in no favorable situations (enemy ZOC, out of fuel, impassable terrain)
PeteMitchell
Major-General - Tiger I
Major-General - Tiger I

Post by PeteMitchell »

It's been almost six weeks since we started collecting ideas but still no official signal/feedback... :(
Comprehensive Battlefield Europe AAR:
http://www.slitherine.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=145&t=86481
goose_2

Post by goose_2 »

PeteMitchell wrote: Wed Aug 19, 2020 8:27 am It's been almost six weeks since we started collecting ideas but still no official signal/feedback... :(
Unfortunately this does not surprise me as this is deadware in their eyes...not in ours :? :? :? :oops: :roll: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :evil:
goose_2

dalfrede
Colonel - Fallschirmjäger
Colonel - Fallschirmjäger

Post by dalfrede »

PeteMitchell wrote: Wed Aug 19, 2020 8:27 am It's been almost six weeks since we started collecting ideas but still no official signal/feedback... :(
PzC2 AO-39 gets early release for FM purchasers tomorrow.

They have not posted much in the PzC2 forum the last month either.
Kerensky has run the AO Betas and done most of the posting.
Modding [and multiplayer?] still need work, so until PzC2 has all advertised features up and running don't expect a response here.
There comes a time on every project when it is time to shoot the engineer and ship the damn thing.
guille1434
Major-General - Jagdtiger

Post by guille1434 »

Too bad we did not receive at present some answer from some of the members of the dev team... I still don´t lose hope...

Another idea I just had, which could be implemented by a new trait (could it be called "Defgun" or something like that?) is that strategic and some of the tac bomber units should not decrease their ammo count when firing their defensive guns when responding to an attack made by enemy fighter aircraft. This would be the same concept like the one present in the game now: tanks do not decrease their ammo when firing their AA machine guns in response to an enemy air unit attack.

I think this would be a good thing, specially for strategic bombers, which should have just one or at most two ammo units (in a mission, they just flew to a target and dropped all the bombs on it, and then went back to its base), and if on the way they are intercepted, making defensive fire will not deplete their bomb load.
PeteMitchell
Major-General - Tiger I
Major-General - Tiger I

Post by PeteMitchell »

guille1434 wrote: Tue Aug 25, 2020 5:10 pm Too bad we did not receive at present some answer from some of the members of the dev team... I still don´t lose hope...

Another idea I just had, which could be implemented by a new trait (could it be called "Defgun" or something like that?) is that strategic and some of the tac bomber units should not decrease their ammo count when firing their defensive guns when responding to an attack made by enemy fighter aircraft. This would be the same concept like the one present in the game now: tanks do not decrease their ammo when firing their AA machine guns in response to an enemy air unit attack.

I think this would be a good thing, specially for strategic bombers, which should have just one or at most two ammo units (in a mission, they just flew to a target and dropped all the bombs on it, and then went back to its base), and if on the way they are intercepted, making defensive fire will not deplete their bomb load.
This used to be machine gun fire, wasnt it?
goose_2

Post by goose_2 »

guille1434 wrote: Tue Aug 25, 2020 5:10 pm Too bad we did not receive at present some answer from some of the members of the dev team... I still don´t lose hope...

Tanks and Infantry do not have their ammo depleted when they defend against Tac Bombers and fighters....Strat Bombers always drain everything they attack. Well at least if they drop any bombs.
goose_2

guille1434

Post by guille1434 »

I was refering just to the ammo count of bomber aircraft not depleting when firing defensive guns against an air unit attack, not to the "carpet bombing" depleting effect on ammo and fuel suffered by land units when attacked by strategic bombers. This would be the same as it happens to a tank when attacked by a tac bomber and fires its AA guns: its ammo is not reduced (because it is supposed that the tank does not use the ammunition of the main gun to defend against aircraft, just machine gun ammo). So, a bomber (tactical or strategic) should not use its main weapon ammo (the bombload) when defending against interceptor aircraft. This should have nothing to do with depleting (or not) the ammo of their target units when they are making an attack on surface units.
goose_2

Post by goose_2 »

oh that makes more sense and yes I agree...but what about Fighter Bombers like the Bf-110G's and ME-410's???
goose_2

Japoivvb
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G

Post by Japoivvb »

I like your idea, it really make sense if ammo value represent main gun ammo, added as new trait label
guille1434

Post by guille1434 »

goose_2 wrote: Tue Aug 25, 2020 9:50 pm oh that makes more sense and yes I agree...but what about Fighter Bombers like the Bf-110G's and ME-410's???
Hello Goose: I already though about fighter-bombers which can make attack using their heavy guns and or bombload... Because of that, is that I think this effect should not be "hard coded" by unit class, but controlled by a trait. And of course, it should be made to work only when the bomber is firing in self defense only when attacked by enemy aircraft (just like tanks do at present when attacked by aircraft) and not when the unit is making itself an attack on an enemy surface o air unit.

As always, thanks Japoivvb for your continuing support to "the cause"!! :D
Kawaleria
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38

Post by Kawaleria »

hello

I think there should be 2 changes to level up difficulty.... but as an OPTION.

1. SE units should be counted into prestige total regarding soft cap ! because late war years are too easy, you can field 7 super 15 str tiger II units and this is unrealistic. Now it seems Bagration scenarios are not a destruction army group center but slaughter for Red Army. Imagine playing still Panzer 3s in 1944 due to draining prestige sum already in 1943

2. there should be something like production level for a specific unit. For example tiger I - only 4 slots in a game means you can have only 4 such units, Tiger II - 2 slots etc
This would trigger us to field more diverse army and historicly correct

What do you think?
PeteMitchell
Major-General - Tiger I
Major-General - Tiger I

Post by PeteMitchell »

I absolutely agree to number two
Japoivvb
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G

Post by Japoivvb »

Kawaleria wrote: Sun Aug 30, 2020 5:57 pm hello

I think there should be 2 changes to level up difficulty.... but as an OPTION.

1. SE units should be counted into prestige total regarding soft cap ! because late war years are too easy, you can field 7 super 15 str tiger II units and this is unrealistic. Now it seems Bagration scenarios are not a destruction army group center but slaughter for Red Army. Imagine playing still Panzer 3s in 1944 due to draining prestige sum already in 1943

2. there should be something like production level for a specific unit. For example tiger I - only 4 slots in a game means you can have only 4 such units, Tiger II - 2 slots etc
This would trigger us to field more diverse army and historicly correct

What do you think?
1. added as label game engine

2. it was already in board https://trello.com/c/oIUNNhBD
glaude1955
Sergeant First Class - Elite Panzer IIIL
Sergeant First Class - Elite Panzer IIIL

Post by glaude1955 »

Has anyone from slitherine come forward?

Return to “Panzer Corps”