SHOUT OUT!!

A new story begins...
The sequel to a real classic: Panzer Corps is back!

Moderator: Panzer Corps 2 Moderators

scorehouse
1st Lieutenant - Grenadier

SHOUT OUT!!

Post by scorehouse »

TO THE 1939! I love the new Heroes with multiple features and attributes. curious if, as you advance thru the campaign, are their any of these heroes for the Luftwaffe? i would love to see one for all 3 different types of plane categories as well as a Luftwaffe General advanced option like the Infantry and Panzer General!!! please :D
nexusno2000
Sr. Colonel - Battleship
Sr. Colonel - Battleship

Re: SHOUT OUT!!

Post by nexusno2000 »

scorehouse wrote: Fri Aug 28, 2020 12:57 pm TO THE 1939! I love the new Heroes with multiple features and attributes. curious if, as you advance thru the campaign, are their any of these heroes for the Luftwaffe? i would love to see one for all 3 different types of plane categories as well as a Luftwaffe General advanced option like the Infantry and Panzer General!!! please :D
You have Galland at the start of the Ebro scenario in SCW.
Green Knight
https://www.youtube.com/c/GreenKnight2001
scorehouse

Post by scorehouse »

i'm at Braza River?
nexusno2000
Sr. Colonel - Battleship
Sr. Colonel - Battleship

Post by nexusno2000 »

scorehouse wrote: Fri Aug 28, 2020 3:16 pm i'm at Braza River?
Wrong dlc.

Galland is in Spain.
Green Knight
https://www.youtube.com/c/GreenKnight2001
Rhaeg
Senior Corporal - Destroyer
Senior Corporal - Destroyer

Post by Rhaeg »

scorehouse wrote: Fri Aug 28, 2020 12:57 pm TO THE 1939! I love the new Heroes with multiple features and attributes. curious if, as you advance thru the campaign, are their any of these heroes for the Luftwaffe? i would love to see one for all 3 different types of plane categories as well as a Luftwaffe General advanced option like the Infantry and Panzer General!!! please :D
If you play through all of the 1939 DLC you should get a hint about a future Luftwaffe hero, so we will definitely get more of those. And if we get to North Africa again, what would it be without "the Star of Africa" himself?
adiekmann
Lieutenant Colonel - Elite Panther D
Lieutenant Colonel - Elite Panther D

Post by adiekmann »

Also, the Galland hero can be used on a tactical bomber too, not just a fighter. That's because he flew mainly ground support planes/missions in Spain, not air superiority missions.
Tassadar
Major - Jagdpanther
Major - Jagdpanther

Post by Tassadar »

scorehouse wrote: Fri Aug 28, 2020 12:57 pm i would love to see one for all 3 different types of plane categories
That's actually an interesting point. PzC 1 as I recall only had tank, infantry, fighter and tactical bomber unique heroes. But there are also strategic bombers, recons, AA and AT - might be way more difficult to find heroes purely fit for them (maybe easier as the already existing tank/AT hero), but would be an interesting addition to have these options. This might not necessarily fit AO due to German focus, but I can imagine for US or British campaigns there could be some more variance in the strategic bomber and recon fields.
Retributarr
Lieutenant Colonel - Panther D

Post by Retributarr »

Western European Allied Commanders of World War II:
***I'm posting a small-fraction of the Commanders-Listed... just to give an idea of what is offered here!.*** Note: Most Pictures will not display here... so... I will find alternate sources... this will be fixed.
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Command ... rld_War_II

Alan Brooke Field Marshal
Commanded the II corps of the British Expeditionary Force at the Battle of France [Operation Ariel]. Later served as the Chief of the Imperial General Staff.

Bernard Montgomery Field Marshal
Took command of II Corps during the evacuation at Dunkirk. After several Corps appointments was placed in command of South-Eastern Command before being dispatched to Egypt to take command of the Eighth Army.

Harold Alexander Field Marshal
The last British soldier to evacuate Dunkirk, replaced Auchinleck from command at North Africa, and turned the tide in the Allies' favour. Defeated the Germans in North Africa. Staged a successful invasion of Italy, and as Commander-in-Chief of Allied Forces liberated it in 1944 before becoming Supreme Commander of the Allied Forces Headquarters, responsible for all military operations in the Mediterranean Theatre.

Archibald Wavell Field Marshal
Commander-in-Chief of British Forces in the Middle East 1939–1941. Commander-in-Chief in India 1941–1942.
Hugh Dowding Field Marshal
Leader in World War I of an RFC Squadron. Commander of the Battle of Britain. Deservedly credited with saving Britain from defeat.

Charles de Gaulle Général de Brigade
Army general (French: Général d'armée) is the highest active military rank of the French Army and the National Gendarmerie.
Charles de Gaulle-Defied Vichy France by vowing to continue fighting after the French surrender. He headed with de Tassigny the Free French Forces, who assisted the Allies in the liberation of France in 1944.

Maurice Gamelin Général d'Armée
Commander-in-Chief of French army during Battle of France, was replaced on 20 May 1940.

George S. Patton, Jr. General
An aggressive general whose ferocious military thrusts earned him admiration and respect from all participants in the war (and at times endangered his military career). Successfully used the German tactic of armored blitzkrieg against the Germans.
scorehouse

Post by scorehouse »

don't see where these allied Commanders fit int to my requests?
Retributarr

Post by Retributarr »

scorehouse wrote: Sat Aug 29, 2020 3:15 am don't see where these allied Commanders fit int to my requests?
Well!... lets see here. ***Patton... was a great Armoured Commander... somewhat like Rommel... you could put him into one of your 'Tank-Divisions'.***
***Maurice Gamelin Général d'Armée just might? be used in the 'Battle for France'... as an 'Infantry Division Commander'.***
***Hugh Dowding Field Marshal in the 'Battle of Britain' may be possibly used as a Regional/District Fighter-Group Commander who might be able to boost the efficiency and effectiveness of the local 'Fighter-Groups'.***
***Bernard Montgomery Field Marshal Could be used as an efficiency/effectiveness boost to the Western Desert force in North-Africa.***

These individuals may or may not be used in any capacity?... it depends on what the Game Designer and Developers decide to do with these assets. They are just listed here for possible usage in the Game. It's not my decision as to whether they are meaningful enough or not for anything.
Kerensky
Content Designer
Content Designer

Post by Kerensky »

More are absolutely planned. We just have to be very careful when distributing them out, to make sure CORE power creep doesn't explode out of control. We're only finished with 1939... there is a lot of war still left to get through. :wink:

Return to “Panzer Corps 2”