Should I get Panzer Corps Gold with all DLCs or OOB?

A new story begins...
The sequel to a real classic: Panzer Corps is back!

Moderator: Panzer Corps 2 Moderators

qilpesen9
Private First Class - Opel Blitz

Should I get Panzer Corps Gold with all DLCs or OOB?

Post by qilpesen9 »

I just bought PCG but now I found OOB which is on sale at the moment. I like PCG but I'm not sure if OOB is the better choice. I have a little bit under 2 hours in PCG so I could refund it and buy OOB. I downloaded the free version of OOB and played it a little. I like the graphics and it looks like it's a little deeper than PCG.

What are the pros and cons of these two games and which one would you recommend? How is the campaign part of OOB? Is the pacific theatre worth it? Should I get all the DLCs for OOB?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.omegle xender
Last edited by qilpesen9 on Sun Sep 27, 2020 9:22 am, edited 1 time in total.
terminator
Field Marshal - Elefant
Field Marshal - Elefant

Re: Should I get Panzer Corps Gold with all DLCs or OOB?

Post by terminator »

You can test OOB for FREE :idea:
adiekmann
Lieutenant Colonel - Elite Panther D
Lieutenant Colonel - Elite Panther D

Post by adiekmann »

PC is now much cheaper to get all of it. But it depends on what your preferences are. Personally, I never could get that into OOB because it found it too complex, especially the supply and naval rules. They drove me crazy coming from PG and PC. However, some people crave that extra complexity, so it might not be a minus but rather a plus for you. PC is a simpler game by far in terms of getting into it. The graphics are better in OOB of course since it's a newer game, though not as good as PC2.

Ask more specific questions about aspects of the game if you have them. That would be easier to address whatever specific concerns or wonderings that you may have. Otherwise, it is too broad of a topic.
richfed
Administrative Corporal - SdKfz 232 8Rad
Administrative Corporal - SdKfz 232 8Rad

Post by richfed »

Order of Battle will cost you a tidy sum buying all the DLCs together, but, I feel it is much better than Panzer Corps.
Mojko
Sergeant Major - Armoured Train
Sergeant Major - Armoured Train

Post by Mojko »

This topic is quite broad but fortunately, it was discussed before. Check out OOB vs Panzer Corps and Tips and tricks. I personally, recommend buying both :D .
Author and maintainer of Unit Navigator Tool for Order Of Battle (http://mfendek.byethost16.com/)
monkspider
Lieutenant Colonel - Panther D

Post by monkspider »

Get Panzer Corps 2 with the Axis Ops DLCs my man!
Kerensky
Content Designer
Content Designer

Post by Kerensky »

qilpesen9 wrote: Sat Sep 26, 2020 3:09 pm I just bought PCG but now I found OOB which is on sale at the moment. I like PCG but I'm not sure if OOB is the better choice. I have a little bit under 2 hours in PCG so I could refund it and buy OOB. I downloaded the free version of OOB and played it a little. I like the graphics and it looks like it's a little deeper than PCG.

What are the pros and cons of these two games and which one would you recommend? How is the campaign part of OOB? Is the pacific theatre worth it? Should I get all the DLCs for OOB?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
Classic gameplay, you can't beat original Panzer Corps. So much content for so cheap is just icing on the cake.

Alternative gameplay that is very different and a lot slower, OOB. It's not for everyone, but some people really like it.

Classic gameplay with huge new mechanics and a graphical upgrade that is great to look at on powerful gaming PCs? Panzer Corps 2.

All have their own merits, just a little different flavor to each.
Retributarr

Post by Retributarr »

Panzer Corps-1 is a good place to get started or introduced into this category of 'Game-Playing!'

Once you have mastered it reasonably-well... then I would go for the more rigorous 'Unforgiving OoB' Game-Play' series.
Springroll

Post by Springroll »

qilpesen9 wrote: Sat Sep 26, 2020 3:09 pm I just bought PCG but now I found OOB which is on sale at the moment. I like PCG but I'm not sure if OOB is the better choice. I have a little bit under 2 hours in PCG so I could refund it and buy OOB. I downloaded the free version of OOB and played it a little. I like the graphics and it looks like it's a little deeper than PCG.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.omegle xender
Get them both :D
But seriously, they are both great games. OOB will be the more expensive choice if you want it all but the Campaign and Scenario editor provides endless possibilities (although the same could be said about PC1). PC1 is the older game with less graphical whistles but with the many scenarios and excellent gameplay it's still very much worth getting. Either way you can't go wrong.
Vorskl
1st Lieutenant - Grenadier
1st Lieutenant - Grenadier

Post by Vorskl »

The games are VERY different - watch Youtube walkthroughs to check which one you like more. I bought several OOB DLC but cannot 'get' the game - it feels and plays weird in comparison to PG

Return to “Panzer Corps 2”