Bug Reports

A new story begins...
The sequel to a real classic: Panzer Corps is back!

Moderator: Panzer Corps 2 Moderators

Rudankort
FlashBack Games
FlashBack Games

Re: AO Prestige sink in Wlodawa not working

Post by Rudankort »

Magic1111 wrote: Fri Dec 04, 2020 9:21 am I had already written it here

Unfortunately no developer has yet reported whether the bug will be fixed.

I am also not sure whether a developer is still reading this thread, as there has been no feedback from the developers on bug reports for some time. :?
This issue has been fixed and the fix will be included in the upcoming update which will release together with Axis Operations 1940. A number of other issues reported in this topic are also addressed in this update.
Magic1111
Captain - Bf 110D
Captain - Bf 110D

Re: AO Prestige sink in Wlodawa not working

Post by Magic1111 »

Rudankort wrote: Tue Dec 08, 2020 11:16 am This issue has been fixed and the fix will be included in the upcoming update which will release together with Axis Operations 1940. A number of other issues reported in this topic are also addressed in this update.
Wonderful, thank you! :D
Tassadar
Major - Jagdpanther
Major - Jagdpanther

Re: Bug Reports

Post by Tassadar »

It looks like there is a bug, or rather an unintentional equipment file oversight in the AO 1940 DLC. Fornebu really calls for the use of paratroopers and later scenarios seem to be designed with this in mind as well (I just got to the training for now and I'm wondering between Eben Emael and Valkenburg). In almost any circumstances the player can get these paratroopers in hordes for the right prestige, but I tested something that occurred to me on a new campaign start - in Fornebu if Retrograde trait is on, the player cannot purchase paratroopers yet. :(

I have not tested this further so far going into next scenarios, but it might seriously impact the ability to get bonus objectives done if it's the same in the next few missions. Would it be possible to update the equipment file in the next patch/hotfix? Even if just Fornebu is affected by the unit availability start date I don't think Retrograde is meant to work like this, as it should just delay more powerful units, instead of preventing from getting mission critical forces.

EDIT1 - Confirmed, German paras have a service date in the Units.cvs file of 01.01.1940 - 01.01.1943. Hopefully this can be updated officially in the game itself, since Vaklenburg and Eben-Emael both start on 10th May, putting the actual availability date a little short of when it's actually needed. With Fornebu starting 9.04.1940, the start date should be changed to around 01.10.1939 if my math is right.

EDIT2 - one more small bug (or perhaps intentional change). In the deployment phase screen wounded units no longer have strength points displayed in red and thus might be possible to miss them before deployment (especially for infantry that's already double digits).
Scrapulous
Sergeant - 7.5 cm FK 16 nA
Sergeant - 7.5 cm FK 16 nA

Post by Scrapulous »

When using the general trait Bad Luck, predictions are often wrong.

For instance, take a look at this battle, specifically the retaliation of the Battle at the bottom:

(31st Bf 109E) attacks (87th Battle Mk.II)

Main Stage

Combat range: 0

Attacker's Initiative:
Base Initiative: 5
Friendly units with 'Leadership' trait nearby: +1
Attacker's Effective Initiative: 6

Defender's Initiative:
Base Initiative: 1
Mass Attack: -3
Defender's Effective Initiative: -2

Initiative Difference: 6 - -2 = +8
Attacker shoots first. 100% of damage will be applied before defender can shoot back.

(31st Bf 109E) strikes:

Base Number of Shots (unsuppressed strength): 10
Effective Number of Shots: 10

Base Accuracy: 50
Bonus from experience: +10
Penalty from enemy unit's experience: -4
Friendly units with 'Aiming Assistance' trait nearby: +10
Proximity to base bonus: +24
Weather modifier: 0.50x
Effective Accuracy: 45%

Base Attack rating: 10
Effective Attack: 10

Base Defense rating: 2
Effective Defense: 2

Deflect/Suppress/Kill chances: 0% / 20% / 80%

Rolls (first roll determines Hit or Miss, second roll determines Deflect, Suppress or Kill):
90(Hit) -> 75(Kill)
81(Hit) -> 62(Kill)
51(Miss)
22(Miss)
46(Miss)
64(Hit) -> 33(Kill)
55(Miss)
94(Hit) -> 30(Kill)
46(Miss)
64(Hit) -> 100(Kill)
Real result: 5 killed, 0 suppressed

Prediction: 3.600000 killed, 0.703782 suppressed

Randomness: 50%
Final result will be 50% real result and 50% prediction
Final result: 4 killed, 0 suppressed

(87th Battle Mk.II) strikes:

Base Number of Shots (unsuppressed strength): 6
Effective Number of Shots: 6

Base Accuracy: 50
Bonus from experience: +10
Penalty from enemy unit's experience: -4
Proximity to base bonus: +28
Weather modifier: 0.50x
Effective Accuracy: 42%

Base Attack rating: 2
Effective Attack: 2

Base Defense rating: 6
Effective Defense: 6

Deflect/Suppress/Kill chances: 60% / 20% / 20%

Rolls (first roll determines Hit or Miss, second roll determines Deflect, Suppress or Kill):
56(Miss)
39(Miss)
40(Miss)
73(Hit) -> 7(Deflect)
5(Miss)
69(Hit) -> 15(Deflect)
Real result: 0 killed, 0 suppressed

Prediction: 0.504000 killed, 0.492123 suppressed

Randomness: 50%
Final result will be 50% real result and 50% prediction
Final result: 1 killed, 0 suppressed

That final result: 1 killed, with Bad Luck, is guaranteed. But here's the prediction for the battle:
pc2 bug 2.jpg
pc2 bug 2.jpg (178.76 KiB) Viewed 2771 times
And indeed, if I play it out multiple times, I never receive 0 casualties.
dalfrede
Colonel - Fallschirmjäger

Post by dalfrede »

ModsBug.jpg
ModsBug.jpg (106.17 KiB) Viewed 2703 times
Mods do show up but no text/description does.
One is your EarlyParas mod but not sure which one
There comes a time on every project when it is time to shoot the engineer and ship the damn thing.
WalterTFD
Administrative Corporal - SdKfz 251/1
Administrative Corporal - SdKfz  251/1

Post by WalterTFD »

Kerensky was the one who told me about this, so I figure devs probably already know, but if you end Fornescu early the special hero doesn't show up in the training mission on time.

Also, in the battle at Sedan I noticed something weird with bridgemen, dunno if it is all bridges or just this situation. You can drive their transport form into a major river...but it doesn't bridge. They only bridge when they are dismounted. I don't *think* they are supposed to be able to drive in on their transports.
dalfrede

Post by dalfrede »

WalterTFD wrote: Thu Dec 17, 2020 1:19 am Also, in the battle at Sedan I noticed something weird with bridgemen, dunno if it is all bridges or just this situation. You can drive their transport form into a major river...but it doesn't bridge. They only bridge when they are dismounted. I don't *think* they are supposed to be able to drive in on their transports.
There was a problem in the Beta where Brucs couldn't span some rivers with their transport. This is probably related to that fix.

They may not have enough movement left to unmount. Do they act like bridges the next turn?
There are Tank bridge units that don't have this issue. They arrive in '42 or '43.
There comes a time on every project when it is time to shoot the engineer and ship the damn thing.
Rudankort
FlashBack Games
FlashBack Games

Post by Rudankort »

dalfrede wrote: Thu Dec 17, 2020 12:16 am Mods do show up but no text/description does.
One is your EarlyParas mod but not sure which one
This is definitely not what I'm seeing here. Could you please send to me your whole Mods folder (three mods which you have in there)? I'll see if with this set of mods I can repro the same issue on my end.
WalterTFD

Post by WalterTFD »

dalfrede wrote: Thu Dec 17, 2020 1:52 am
WalterTFD wrote: Thu Dec 17, 2020 1:19 am Also, in the battle at Sedan I noticed something weird with bridgemen, dunno if it is all bridges or just this situation. You can drive their transport form into a major river...but it doesn't bridge. They only bridge when they are dismounted. I don't *think* they are supposed to be able to drive in on their transports.
There was a problem in the Beta where Brucs couldn't span some rivers with their transport. This is probably related to that fix.

They may not have enough movement left to unmount. Do they act like bridges the next turn?
There are Tank bridge units that don't have this issue. They arrive in '42 or '43.
Yeah, they acted like a bridge the next turn. I dunno what the behavior they want is, just flagging 'bridge soldiers with transports and major rivers' as something for the devs to scrutinize a bit.
dalfrede

Post by dalfrede »

Mods121620202.zip
(889.47 KiB) Downloaded 102 times
Now 4 with BigRedOne
Rudankort
FlashBack Games
FlashBack Games

Post by Rudankort »

dalfrede wrote: Thu Dec 17, 2020 4:48 am Mods121620202.zip
Now 4 with BigRedOne
I don't see the problem which you see (missing names of the mods), but one of the mods (Dragtstb) is incorrect - same problem with quotes as before. I wonder if it will work any better if you remove this mod from the folder?
WalterTFD

Post by WalterTFD »

You can press the 'chat transcript' button in the upper left, when you are playing a single player game, to see a transcript of what the briefing was. While the name you entered is used in the briefing animation that plays at the beginning, in the transcript it is something like %player_generalname%. I expect this would be a one line fix, probably just a find/replace needs to get called before you store the briefing in the chat transcript.
dalfrede

Post by dalfrede »

Have not fixed the Mod Text Visibility problem yet, but found another issue.

If I copy Units.csv into BigRedOne's Data folder and activate the Mod.
1) The BRO Campaign no longer appears in the Campaign list.
2) All switchable units lose the ability to switch.

The second part only applies to units in BRO Data/units file.
If I use a short units file, the other switchable units work fine.
I checked this starting NA41 and looked purchase window for AA.
ErissN6
1st Lieutenant - Grenadier
1st Lieutenant - Grenadier

Post by ErissN6 »

Checoslovakia
The senario tells we have to buy some other infantry and artillery, but I can't put them on the map.
There are the yellow area, but when I click on them to place a bought unit it does nothing.

Sigh, I had decided to give this game another chance, with last patch.

EDIT: Despite the game tells the units will only enter in next battle, I ended the turn to try to make the units enter near the town. And it works. So I reloaded Turn 0, tried to put the purchased units, and it worked. I don't know what had happened. Problem with my mouse, or rare game bug? or I was tired?
Templer_12
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38

Double camouflage skins

Post by Templer_12 »

Double camouflage skins

Version 1.1.15
German language

You find double camouflage skins.:
PC2 1.1.15 double camouflage skins.jpg
PC2 1.1.15 double camouflage skins.jpg (214.03 KiB) Viewed 2526 times

There are a few more duplicates...
I've spent extra money on the General Edition. What am I wondering for. :x
SineMora
Sergeant Major - SdKfz 234/2 8Rad

Post by SineMora »

If I load a save and then exit to the menu, the campaign selector no longer works; it looks like this:

How to trigger:
  • Load a save
  • Exit to the menu
  • Try to launch a new campaign
NB: For debugging purposes, I have my own Immortal Vega mod active through the Steam workshop.
Mildly pretentious Swede. Goes by Path on most platforms, including Steam.
http://www.slitherine.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=596&t=98034 -- Generalissimus AAR (no Trophies / Heroes)
SineMora

Post by SineMora »

The GUI does not display bonuses for enemies due to the Uphill Battle trait; presumably this is a bug because it makes it impossible to gauge how strong a unit is w/o relying on the combat log post combat.
Mildly pretentious Swede. Goes by Path on most platforms, including Steam.
http://www.slitherine.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=596&t=98034 -- Generalissimus AAR (no Trophies / Heroes)
Patrick Ward
Slitherine
Slitherine

Re: Double camouflage skins

Post by Patrick Ward »

Templer_12 wrote: Mon Dec 21, 2020 1:03 pm Double camouflage skins

Version 1.1.15
German language

You find double camouflage skins.:

There are a few more duplicates...
I've spent extra money on the General Edition. What am I wondering for. :x
Sorry, that was my fault.
The second ones were only added because I wanted the opportunity to display their proper historical names rather than the required, if historically meaningless, name of the infantry model they were assigned to. I'll fix that for the next update. Its somewhat inconsistent anyway. The Splittermuster was only added to the 1943 Infantry because there wasn't enough visual difference between 1939 grey/green field-grey and the cheaper 1943 grey field-grey.

I'm sorry if you feel the extra camo supplied in the GE is not worth the money you spent. If you're unsure what camo is actually included in the General Edition can I suggest you look here http://www.slitherine.com/forum/viewto ... 64&t=97517
Frankly we're starting to think there are too many now and it appears the novelty has worn off leading us to wonder if its really worth adding any more beyond what DLC requires. More variations of yellow, brown and green could be added but most provide too little variance for our needs. Plus we need to leave something for modders to enjoy creating.

Cheers,

Pat

Pat a Pixel Pusher

Rudankort
FlashBack Games
FlashBack Games

Post by Rudankort »

SineMora wrote: Mon Dec 21, 2020 1:41 pm If I load a save and then exit to the menu, the campaign selector no longer works; it looks like this:

NB: For debugging purposes, I have my own Immortal Vega mod active through the Steam workshop.
This is a serious problem for sure. So, did you try to remove your mod and see if the problem will still happen?
Templer_12
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38

Re: Double camouflage skins

Post by Templer_12 »

Patrick Ward wrote: Mon Dec 21, 2020 2:47 pm...

I'm sorry if you feel the extra camo supplied in the GE is not worth the money you spent...

Cheers,

Pat
Well, that's a minor complaint. The lousy sound effects are much worse to me. And the lack of the nice library (PC1) pains me too.
It's annoying when you spend money on the General Edition and then, in the case of the camouflage skins, you've paid for duplicates.

The bottom line, however, is that I really enjoy the game with the General Edition and the three DLCs. :|

Return to “Panzer Corps 2”