Why do you still stick with the OG Panzer Corps?

PC : Turn based WW2 goodness in the mold of Panzer General. This promises to be a true classic!

Moderators: Slitherine Core, Panzer Corps Moderators, Panzer Corps Design

goose_2
Tournament Organizer of the Year 2017

Re: Why do you still stick with the OG Panzer Corps?

Post by goose_2 »

Ultimate is for the seriously insane. Fighting through the Kursk maps has proven that.
goose_2
Lutheran Multiplayer Tournament Organizer. :-)

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCRHQShaOv5PWoer6cP1syLQ
faos333
Colonel - Fallschirmjäger

Post by faos333 »

nikivdd wrote: Sun Mar 28, 2021 6:46 pm I was dreaming of Panzer Corps 1.5, a bit more polished 2D graphics, more units (also minor countries), some of the PzC 2 ideas (commendation points, heroes, more options to chose from to start a campaign) and a lot more (unofficial) content (with steam workshop support). Instead we got PzC 2. I recently started to play the Spanish civil war DLC and perhaps, just perhaps, i can blame it on my age: i grew up with 2D, the five star series and the kinda top down view. I am really really trying but i have a hard time getting used to the whole 3D thing. Graphics aside, i am truly frustrated with the endless spawns of enemy units (lua stuff most likely). I am not saying that i am going to put the sequal into stasis but i do not feel the exhilaration, the adrenaline and the devil whispering in my ear to play just one more turn (and we all know how that turns out). Nonetheless, i will support the devs and purchase new content but i cannot promise that i will ever have a second playthrough. My steam version of PzC 1(gold version) has 1996 hours, not included the days, weeks and months creating more campaigns and the countless hours with the non-steam version before the gold edition.
100% agree, lets hope for new and improved PzC 1 edition, once the PzC 2 is finished :D
Battlefield Europe get the most from Panzer Corps 8)
Download the new 2.4 Mod here http://www.slitherine.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=147&t=47985
kop101
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G

Post by kop101 »

faos333 wrote: Wed Mar 31, 2021 1:55 pm 100% agree, lets hope for new and improved PzC 1 edition, once the PzC 2 is finished :D
Game rules:

Classic (1.14)
New (1.20)
PzC2 (2.0)
McGuba
Colonel - Ju 88A
Colonel - Ju 88A

Post by McGuba »

faos333 wrote: Wed Mar 31, 2021 1:55 pm
nikivdd wrote: Sun Mar 28, 2021 6:46 pm I was dreaming of Panzer Corps 1.5, a bit more polished 2D graphics, more units (also minor countries), some of the PzC 2 ideas (commendation points, heroes, more options to chose from to start a campaign) and a lot more (unofficial) content (with steam workshop support). Instead we got PzC 2. I recently started to play the Spanish civil war DLC and perhaps, just perhaps, i can blame it on my age: i grew up with 2D, the five star series and the kinda top down view. I am really really trying but i have a hard time getting used to the whole 3D thing. Graphics aside, i am truly frustrated with the endless spawns of enemy units (lua stuff most likely). I am not saying that i am going to put the sequal into stasis but i do not feel the exhilaration, the adrenaline and the devil whispering in my ear to play just one more turn (and we all know how that turns out). Nonetheless, i will support the devs and purchase new content but i cannot promise that i will ever have a second playthrough. My steam version of PzC 1(gold version) has 1996 hours, not included the days, weeks and months creating more campaigns and the countless hours with the non-steam version before the gold edition.
100% agree, lets hope for new and improved PzC 1 edition, once the PzC 2 is finished :D
Well said. I want to believe there is still hope for a PzC 1 update some day. There are many things which should be fixed or improved.
ImageImage
slitherine.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=147&t=47985
slitherine.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=147&t=36969
PeteMitchell
Major-General - Tiger I
Major-General - Tiger I

Post by PeteMitchell »

McGuba wrote: Wed Mar 31, 2021 4:23 pm
faos333 wrote: Wed Mar 31, 2021 1:55 pm
Well said. I want to believe there is still hope for a PzC 1 update some day. There are many things which should be fixed or improved.
There is a long list: viewtopic.php?f=121&t=100067
Comprehensive Battlefield Europe AAR:
http://www.slitherine.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=145&t=86481
proline
2nd Lieutenant - Panzer IVF/2
2nd Lieutenant - Panzer IVF/2

Post by proline »

I bought PzC2 but never played it once. It doesn't work on my Mac. I knew that going in, but paid anyways because I want to see Panzer General live on.

I also explained to Slitherine clearly during the beta that the units aren't going to be identifiable when seen from above and covered in shadow, but they just kept saying 3D! 3D! 3D!.

It's dreadful that a turn based board game requires as much graphics power as playing Fortnite- your PC should be idle 99.9% of the time you are playing it yet instead it's burning energy. The sheer hostility shown towards not only Apple but Apple's users also sucks. They went out of their way to support the Apple ecosystem as poorly as possible. Refusing to support any iPad screen resolutions bigger than 1024x768, refusing to fix any of the Mac bugs, and refusing to release the iPad version for the M1 Macs.
okiemcguire
Master Sergeant - Bf 109E

Post by okiemcguire »

I have played PzC on my PC for years. Even participated in several beta tests. It is my favorite. I have attempted PzC2, bought all the extras but I still go back to the original. I purchased an IPAD about a year ago and was excited to know I could get the original and all the DLC. In fact, recently I have been playing the US Corps DLC again. I watched Goose2 videos and enjoyed his replays. Of course I miss the Deducter changes, I can not figure out how to apply those type of changes to the IPad version. I agree with nikivdd on his comments.
goose_2

Post by goose_2 »

okiemcguire wrote: Tue Apr 06, 2021 3:31 pm I have played PzC on my PC for years. Even participated in several beta tests. It is my favorite. I have attempted PzC2, bought all the extras but I still go back to the original. I purchased an IPAD about a year ago and was excited to know I could get the original and all the DLC. In fact, recently I have been playing the US Corps DLC again. I watched Goose2 videos and enjoyed his replays. Of course I miss the Deducter changes, I can not figure out how to apply those type of changes to the IPad version. I agree with nikivdd on his comments.
Hey thanks for the shout out. The US Campaign was my first campaign playthrough on my channel. I really enjoyed it until the very end where I totally derailed. I will need to try that again someday.
goose_2

Ursulet
Staff Sergeant - Kavallerie

Post by Ursulet »

goose_2 wrote: Tue Apr 06, 2021 5:43 pm
okiemcguire wrote: Tue Apr 06, 2021 3:31 pm I have played PzC on my PC for years. Even participated in several beta tests. It is my favorite. I have attempted PzC2, bought all the extras but I still go back to the original. I purchased an IPAD about a year ago and was excited to know I could get the original and all the DLC. In fact, recently I have been playing the US Corps DLC again. I watched Goose2 videos and enjoyed his replays. Of course I miss the Deducter changes, I can not figure out how to apply those type of changes to the IPad version. I agree with nikivdd on his comments.
Hey thanks for the shout out. The US Campaign was my first campaign playthrough on my channel. I really enjoyed it until the very end where I totally derailed. I will need to try that again someday.
My son told me about the us corps! I had never played it, started it yesterday. I watched your vidéos, first encounter with the germans and loved the idea if having the 75 arty turned into a wolverine once it has 2 stars.
nikivdd
Panzer Corps Map Designer
Panzer Corps Map Designer

Post by nikivdd »

Goose, don't tell me that i managed to derail you *grin*
If you can send me a link to your youtube channel, i'd gladly watch some of the US campaign scenarios you played.
If you're feeling bored or something, perhaps you can give the first part of the US 50 State Tour campaign a try.
https://www.facebook.com/NikivddPanzerCorps
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCk2lyeEuH_hoA1s7tnTAEJQ
goose_2

Post by goose_2 »

nikivdd wrote: Tue Apr 06, 2021 6:00 pm
Goose, don't tell me that i managed to derail you *grin*
If you can send me a link to your youtube channel, i'd gladly watch some of the US campaign scenarios you played.
If you're feeling bored or something, perhaps you can give the first part of the US 50 State Tour campaign a try.

Here is my channel. https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCRHQSh ... er6cP1syLQ
I am looking forward to trying out more and more mods. as of right now I have too much on my plate. I am sure it will get on my list sometime...

Why would anyone ever play another game? ;)
goose_2

Ursulet

Post by Ursulet »

Steel panther was also a great game in the early 2000s.
okiemcguire

Post by okiemcguire »

Btw.. if anybody knows how to apply mods to the IPad versions, I would greatly appreciate it.
Ursulet

Post by Ursulet »

You cant.
guille1434
Major-General - Jagdtiger
Major-General - Jagdtiger

Post by guille1434 »

Those would have been my exact words, also. I would gladly pay the same (or some more) amount of money for a PzCorps v1.5 instead of buying any other different, new game...

Also, it was too bad that no one from the developers team bothered to drop at least a comment in the very interesting thread about what would be desirable for such a version of the game, compiled by various forum members and full mostly of very good ideas...
PeteMitchell
Major-General - Tiger I
Major-General - Tiger I

Post by PeteMitchell »

We had even done a survey regarding what amount of money people would be willing to pay for an updated version... I think it was on average around 50 USD.
Comprehensive Battlefield Europe AAR:
http://www.slitherine.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=145&t=86481
TSPC37730
Sergeant First Class - Elite Panzer IIIL
Sergeant First Class - Elite Panzer IIIL

Post by TSPC37730 »

PeteMitchell wrote: Tue Apr 06, 2021 10:49 pm We had even done a survey regarding what amount of money people would be willing to pay for an updated version... I think it was on average around 50 USD.
And I'm still willing to pay. So there's that.
Enry1977
Lance Corporal - Panzer IA
Lance Corporal - Panzer IA

Post by Enry1977 »

Where can i put my money for v 1.5? :D
Uhu

Post by Uhu »

My two cents, why I do not bought PzC 2:
- Graphics is bad and totally outdated. Realtime "strategy" games had already better visuals 10 years ago. It is like a PG 2, but that time that graphics was great, this one is not. Order of Battle has much better visuals, I would prefer that one for future games.
- There are some new and nice features with the command skills, but that's all. I think, PzC 2 fall between the two chairs trying to be good for casual as for professional gamers. This strategy cannot succeed. I really wanted to have a much better logistical system, which IMHO is the biggest weakness in PzC and as new and new historical evidence turns out (for example look TIK's channel on YT), it shows that logistics, supply and oil were the three main factors of winning the war. Again OOB modells it a little deeper - but it could be even more modelled.
- Since I play the Battlefront Europe mod (500-1000 playing hours...), it brought such a complexity and realism, that I cannot and want not lower that quality bar for myself. I played the basic PzC campaign two times (2nd with Rommel difficulty) and many times the "loosing path". It was great that time. Than I bought the GC-s, but they were a huge disappointment for me: no new units, standard, grindig battles without real creativity and missions... I modded it already, when I played it, changing to more historical way (for example no Italians at Stalingrad...), but I stopped playing in 1944. It was not great. Than I started playing Nikivdd's nice Italian campaign, than I started to create with the help from him an extended Italian campaign. Also created a modified Hungarian campaign, using McGuba's one as base. But again: since BE smaller campaigns give not that complexity and challenge and realism as the one. I can still imagine a new game, with BE, with deeper logistics, smarter AI, extra features and an OOB graphics. Actually I would create it, I'm just not a programmer.
captainjack
Brigadier-General - 15 cm Nblwf 41
Brigadier-General - 15 cm Nblwf 41

Post by captainjack »

Nikkivdd's updates make the Soviet scenarios a bit more historic (eg Romanians at Stalingrad) and add a bit more unit variety on the Soviet side. The equipment mods also correct a few anomalies like Valentiones with worse armour than Matilda 1, when it was same thickness and had better layout (eg track protectio very quiet, low profile).
For me, I don't think there's a need for a huge overhaul few tweaks to the AI to remove really dumb moves (0 ammo gun jumps in truck and heads for enemy lines instead of reloading), and some way to set movement speed in scripts (so units maintain some form of cohesion when advancing or retreating) would be a good improvement, along with a bit more user control (select softcap on/off), and maybe softcap scales with difficulty (or prestige percent level) access to make present but fairer on easier settings.
And a few alternates for useless heroes such as initiative on bombers with no active attack, spotting on (most) guns. Etc.I'm probably repeating previous posts so will stop here.

Return to “Panzer Corps”