Panzer Corps 2 - v1.02.00 Update

A new story begins...
The sequel to a real classic: Panzer Corps is back!

Moderator: Panzer Corps 2 Moderators

AlbertoC
Slitherine
Slitherine

Panzer Corps 2 - v1.02.00 Update

Post by AlbertoC »

Hi everyone, we are releasing a new update for Panzer Corps 2. It is the accompanying update to 1942, which will be released soon.

You can find the changelow below. Please let us know what your opinions on the changes are.

v1.02.00 Changelog:

Bug fixes:
Fixed Multiplayer login in GOG version
Fixed slot calculations related to "Zero Slots" and "Reduced Slots" heroes
Fixed high ground effect incorrectly removed from a unit when it is split
Fixed players above 1 getting rewards for capturing flags many times
David vs. Goliath challenge no longer increases strength of allied AI units
Various other small fixes

Content:
Added Axis Operations 1942 DLC and its supporting assets (units, terrain etc.)

Gameplay:
Added a new player trait:
"Old Guard". At the end of each mission all dead units are reformed with 1 point of strength and halved experience.
Added two new special challenges:
"Limited Stock". Units which are usually available for purchase in unlimited numbers, have a limited stock instead (increased at the beginning of every scenario).
"Mortal Heroes". Heroes attached to a unit have a certain chance to die in combat every time their unit takes damage.

Rules changes:
Heroes can no longer be assigned to units with "No Management" trait
Steamroller trait now only works with units which also have Overrun trait
Air transports can no longer disembark outside airfields if they have already spent their movement action this turn
Also, air transports now have "Vulnerable Target" trait, which means that they are attacked with higher accuracy and take more casualties than before
Players with "Trophies of War" trait will no longer be given Scavenger heroes

Terrain:
Added Industrial terrain which is similar to City and can be used for additional visual variety
Added damaged cities, towns and villages (Damage is set in "Configure Hexes" editor mode, Damage parameter)

UI:
Added hotkeys for Switch (\ by default) and Forced March (= by default)
Added an option "apply to all units of the same class" for camouflages in Unit Details. When used, it works not only for existing units, but also for all future units which you purchase.
Added an option to add camouflage to Favorites. Favorite camouflages are shown at the top of the list, and so are easier to access.

Editor:
User scenarios can now change any of the game's data files with their own custom files. These custom files are configured in Edit->Scenario Params, Custom Files tab. The path to custom file is relative to scenario file. Custom files do not fully replace the standard files, but get merged with them, which allows to modify certain parameters and leave everything else unchanged.

Mirror Downloads:
http://ftp.eu.matrixgames.com/pub/Panze ... .02.00.zip
http://ftp.us.matrixgames.com/pub/Panze ... .02.00.zip
scott_mathieson
Sergeant - 7.5 cm FK 16 nA

Re: Panzer Corps 2 - v1.02.00 Update

Post by scott_mathieson »

got excited there thinking 1942 was ready to go

hadn't really noticed those bugs but good that they are fixed.

not sure if the new positive trait will be used much.

Am i right in thinking steam roller only allowed on tanks from now on? seems to let you keep it on units already in your core. This will annoy some people lol, i think it should still be allowed on recon though, any idea how this works with the overrun hero? is it now defunct? i have used in it current play through on both azul units which are now berserker units.

limited replacements sounds like an awesome idea, collector took it to far really, i hope the level of supply turns out to be challenging cant wait to try it. I suspect some will want to control it a bit like hero chance.

heroes dying also sounds cool, intrigued at how it will work in practice and how often it happens, wont hurt the combinations where you are really overpowered but will make you think so love the idea, really nice way of potentially limiting the heroes.

changes to terrain and air transport also sound cool.

looking forward to doing rerun with limited stock and disposable heroes (renaming this in honour of my favourite metallica song)
VirgilInTheSKY
Captain - Heavy Cruiser
Captain - Heavy Cruiser

Post by VirgilInTheSKY »

scott_mathieson wrote: Thu Jul 08, 2021 4:31 pm
Am i right in thinking steam roller only allowed on tanks from now on? seems to let you keep it on units already in your core. This will annoy some people lol, i think it should still be allowed on recon though, any idea how this works with the overrun hero? is it now defunct? i have used in it current play through on both azul units which are now berserker units.
Only works for unit with Overrun, I guess. So now only tanks with natural Overrun or units with Overrun hero can trigger Steamroller.
Bee1976
Sergeant Major - Armoured Train
Sergeant Major - Armoured Train

Post by Bee1976 »

I have some questions:

1. What is a "no Management" Unit ? Oo

2. No scavenger hero for trophies player is good, buuuut what happens if some1 switch traits ? do scevenger heros transform ? or will they stay ?

3. the new steamroll rule is fine, but how will this rulechange affect the overrun hero ?
scott_mathieson

I think no management units are the like the huge artillary units you get in core game during barborosa , i assume they make be making an appearance in the DLC.

I imagine if you already have a scavenger hero before you switch trophies you will keep the hero
VirgilInTheSKY
Captain - Heavy Cruiser
Captain - Heavy Cruiser

Post by VirgilInTheSKY »

Bee1976 wrote: Thu Jul 08, 2021 4:56 pm I have some questions:

1. What is a "no Management" Unit ? Oo

2. No scavenger hero for trophies player is good, buuuut what happens if some1 switch traits ? do scevenger heros transform ? or will they stay ?

3. the new steamroll rule is fine, but how will this rulechange affect the overrun hero ?
1. Mine, bunker, fort, transports etc, usually those you cannot purchase/reinforce normally if you are given such units. A few special units will be given as Prototypes, i.e. 80cm railway artillery, Karl-Geraet, Goliath. No Unit Management units cannot be reinforced, or upgraded to other units.
2. They stay as they are, you just won't get more if you choose Trophies of War.
3. No effect on Overrun hero, they still works in the same way. It is Steamroller that was changed to requiring a Overrun trait to trigger overrun, which it didn't before this update.
terminator
Field Marshal - Elefant
Field Marshal - Elefant

Post by terminator »

Damaged Industrial Complex

Capture d’écran (86).jpg
Capture d’écran (86).jpg (690.51 KiB) Viewed 4427 times
Stormchaser
Staff Sergeant - StuG IIIF
Staff Sergeant - StuG IIIF

Post by Stormchaser »

Is the Panther IVH supposed to only have 4 Hard Attack?
I can't find any information on it, but it looks like it's just a Panther chassis with the Turret of a Panzer IVH, and the IVH has much higher Hard Attack.
dalfrede
Colonel - Fallschirmjäger
Colonel - Fallschirmjäger

Post by dalfrede »

Stormchaser wrote: Fri Jul 09, 2021 12:49 am Is the Panther IVH supposed to only have 4 Hard Attack?
I can't find any information on it, but it looks like it's just a Panther chassis with the Turret of a Panzer IVH, and the IVH has much higher Hard Attack.
I believe it is a command vehicle, so combat stats are not so good.
There comes a time on every project when it is time to shoot the engineer and ship the damn thing.
Patrick Ward
Slitherine
Slitherine

Post by Patrick Ward »

Stormchaser wrote: Fri Jul 09, 2021 12:49 am Is the Panther IVH supposed to only have 4 Hard Attack?
It was a spare early Panther chassis with a spare Panzer IV turret welded on, its gun being removed. Its only armament is an mg.
p4.jpg
p4.jpg (24.23 KiB) Viewed 4376 times
Bergepanther mit Pz IV turm 0095.jpg
Bergepanther mit Pz IV turm 0095.jpg (131.2 KiB) Viewed 4376 times
Pat

Pat a Pixel Pusher

adiekmann
Lieutenant Colonel - Elite Panther D

Post by adiekmann »

Are you sure? I just checked the one in my core and it shows a HA of 25. (I took a screenshot but I can't/don't know how to attach it to this post!)
terminator
Field Marshal - Elefant
Field Marshal - Elefant

Post by terminator »

adiekmann wrote: Fri Jul 09, 2021 4:49 am
Are you sure? I just checked the one in my core and it shows a HA of 25. (I took a screenshot but I can't/don't know how to attach it to this post!)
In Units.csv, stats.attack.hard.rating = 4.
scott_mathieson

the update removes all steam roller from infantry , can only be got on ifantry using the hero so why remove it, the game still thinks it has it so cant get redo it with hero.
ErissN6
1st Lieutenant - Grenadier
1st Lieutenant - Grenadier

Post by ErissN6 »

I didn't reinstall the game since long, but I guess the game is still to be played in 3D view, no upgrade was done on the "strategical" map so we can better played with instead of 3D.
R2G2
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G

Post by R2G2 »

Were the air transport changes made to balance MP and Random Scenario combat?
adiekmann

Post by adiekmann »

terminator wrote: Fri Jul 09, 2021 6:59 am
adiekmann wrote: Fri Jul 09, 2021 4:49 am
In Units.csv, stats.attack.hard.rating = 4.
Mine is from the beta. I see it now. It must have been updated in the latest patch. If it only has a machine gun, then why does the model show its main gun?
R2G2
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G

Post by R2G2 »

"... If it only has a machine gun, then why does the model show its main gun?"

It was a field modified Bergepanther commander's tank. The commander wanted fully enclosed protection, so they basically welded a scrapped Panzer IVH turret on top of the Bergepanther. The turret could not rotate. They kept the barrel installed, but the breach mechanism was removed from the inside to allow more storage. They probably kept the barrel just to scare off enemies. The below link is the only one I've seen so far. Credit goes to Davidson for providing the link.

http://axisafvs.blogspot.com/2017/01/be ... -turm.html
adiekmann

Post by adiekmann »

R2G2 wrote: Fri Jul 09, 2021 4:24 pm "... If it only has a machine gun, then why does the model show its main gun?"

It was a field modified Bergepanther commander's tank. The commander wanted fully enclosed protection, so they basically welded a scrapped Panzer IVH turret on top of the Bergepanther. The turret could not rotate. They kept the barrel installed, but the breach mechanism was removed from the inside to allow more storage. They probably kept the barrel just to scare off enemies. The below link is the only one I've seen so far. Credit goes to Davidson for providing the link.

http://axisafvs.blogspot.com/2017/01/be ... -turm.html
Thanks for that, I see now. Not worth it then for its slot allotment. if it's a command tank, should it have some other beneficial stats to represent that? Like increased initiative, or maybe a Leadership hero or something? Otherwise, what's the point gamewise?
R2G2
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G

Post by R2G2 »

adiekmann wrote: Fri Jul 09, 2021 4:42 pm Thanks for that, I see now. Not worth it then for its slot allotment. if it's a command tank, should it have some other beneficial stats to represent that? Like increased initiative, or maybe a Leadership hero or something? Otherwise, what's the point gamewise?
There were hundreds of dedicated command panther tanks built as opposed to this one Bergepanther field mod, so they must have another purpose for it. Maybe Kerenksy has something planned for it in the storyline. I'm also surprised by the core slot cost and the fact it doesn't have the NoPurchase trait. Was this tank able to be purchased in the Beta?
Scrapulous

Post by Scrapulous »

AlbertoC wrote: Thu Jul 08, 2021 2:06 pm v1.02.00 Changelog:

Bug fixes:
Fixed slot calculations related to "Zero Slots" and "Reduced Slots" heroes
Thanks very much!
AlbertoC wrote: Thu Jul 08, 2021 2:06 pm Gameplay:
Added a new player trait:
"Old Guard". At the end of each mission all dead units are reformed with 1 point of strength and halved experience.
That's a neat idea. I'll have to think about how I might use it, but I like the variety it introduces.
AlbertoC wrote: Thu Jul 08, 2021 2:06 pm Added two new special challenges:
"Limited Stock". Units which are usually available for purchase in unlimited numbers, have a limited stock instead (increased at the beginning of every scenario).
Thank you so much! I love this. I'm hoping the amount of the increase will be moddable on a per-equipment basis, but even if not, this addition is huge for me. Thanks again.
AlbertoC wrote: Thu Jul 08, 2021 2:06 pm Rules changes:
Steamroller trait now only works with units which also have Overrun trait
I suppose this was overdue :)
AlbertoC wrote: Thu Jul 08, 2021 2:06 pm Air transports can no longer disembark outside airfields if they have already spent their movement action this turn
Also, air transports now have "Vulnerable Target" trait, which means that they are attacked with higher accuracy and take more casualties than before
Yeah, paras felt too safe and too versatile. It'll be interesting to see how this plays with the existing DLC airborne scenarios.
AlbertoC wrote: Thu Jul 08, 2021 2:06 pm UI:
Added hotkeys for Switch (\ by default) and Forced March (= by default)
Added an option "apply to all units of the same class" for camouflages in Unit Details. When used, it works not only for existing units, but also for all future units which you purchase.
Added an option to add camouflage to Favorites. Favorite camouflages are shown at the top of the list, and so are easier to access.
Thanks for all of these things, hotkeys especially. I'm looking forward to playing the new patch and DLC.

Return to “Panzer Corps 2”