Anybody notice this?

A new story begins...
The sequel to a real classic: Panzer Corps is back!

Moderator: Panzer Corps 2 Moderators

BaronVonKrieg
Sergeant - Panzer IIC
Sergeant - Panzer IIC

Anybody notice this?

Post by BaronVonKrieg »

i dont know was this available in the base game, butr when playing with industrial connections ive got panther (p)- prototype version, mby something from upcoming dlc hmmmm :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:
GUNDOBALDO08
Sergeant Major - Armoured Train
Sergeant Major - Armoured Train

Re: Anybody notice this?

Post by GUNDOBALDO08 »

BaronVonKrieg wrote: Tue Jul 13, 2021 12:34 pm i dont know was this available in the base game, butr when playing with industrial connections ive got panther (p)- prototype version, mby something from upcoming dlc hmmmm :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:
Wow! I’ll try soon 😀
BaronVonKrieg
Sergeant - Panzer IIC
Sergeant - Panzer IIC

Post by BaronVonKrieg »

GUNDOBALDO08 wrote: Tue Jul 13, 2021 12:45 pm
BaronVonKrieg wrote: Tue Jul 13, 2021 12:34 pm i dont know was this available in the base game, butr when playing with industrial connections ive got panther (p)- prototype version, mby something from upcoming dlc hmmmm :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:
Wow! I’ll try soon 😀
VirgilInTheSKY
Captain - Heavy Cruiser
Captain - Heavy Cruiser

Post by VirgilInTheSKY »

I noticed this Panter(P) when checking the unit csv, it was added in this update.
BaronVonKrieg
Sergeant - Panzer IIC
Sergeant - Panzer IIC

Post by BaronVonKrieg »

VirgilInTheSKY wrote: Tue Jul 13, 2021 12:59 pm I noticed this Panter(P) when checking the unit csv, it was added in this update.
also judging by the in game model it is VK30.01(D) why call it panther (p) usually p is for porche, but here mby it stands for prototype ?
FunPolice749
Senior Corporal - Destroyer
Senior Corporal - Destroyer

Post by FunPolice749 »

Both that Panther P and a Panther IVH are in the game set to become available on August 1943. Although the IVH is super weird as it has a whopping 4 soft attack and is otherwise like a regular panther. I'm thinking these are either units for the next AO or there may be a secret we haven't found yet.
PaxusZero
Sergeant - 7.5 cm FK 16 nA
Sergeant - 7.5 cm FK 16 nA

Post by PaxusZero »

I also picked some up with industry connections. Sadly, like the Tiger (P), it has lower defenses than its counterpart. Still a good tank though.
BaronVonKrieg
Sergeant - Panzer IIC
Sergeant - Panzer IIC

Post by BaronVonKrieg »

FunPolice749 wrote: Tue Jul 13, 2021 3:52 pm Both that Panther P and a Panther IVH are in the game set to become available on August 1943. Although the IVH is super weird as it has a whopping 4 soft attack and is otherwise like a regular panther. I'm thinking these are either units for the next AO or there may be a secret we haven't found yet.
ive read about panther IVH, it was command vehicle, gun didnt work they took out the breach for more room, so it makes sense that it doesnt have that much attack
Patrick Ward
Slitherine
Slitherine

Post by Patrick Ward »

BaronVonKrieg wrote: Tue Jul 13, 2021 1:06 pm
VirgilInTheSKY wrote: Tue Jul 13, 2021 12:59 pm I noticed this Panter(P) when checking the unit csv, it was added in this update.
also judging by the in game model it is VK30.01(D) why call it panther (p) usually p is for porche, but here mby it stands for prototype ?
VK = German abreviation for prototype
30 = 30 ton
.01 = first variation
D = Daimler-Benz

Panther (P) in game simply because the designer wanted to emphasise it was 'a' prototype of the Panther. ie. the Panther series didn't really start until the MAN version went into production.
FunPolice749 wrote: Tue Jul 13, 2021 3:52 pm Both that Panther P and a Panther IVH are in the game set to become available on August 1943. Although the IVH is super weird as it has a whopping 4 soft attack and is otherwise like a regular panther. I'm thinking these are either units for the next AO or there may be a secret we haven't found yet.
Yes. The Panther IVH is a command vehicle that was made from spare Panther A chassis ( or Bergepanther ) with a Panzer IVH turret welded in place with its main guns workings removed. So its only armament is its hull mounted mg.

(P)at

Pat a Pixel Pusher

BaronVonKrieg
Sergeant - Panzer IIC
Sergeant - Panzer IIC

Post by BaronVonKrieg »

Patrick Ward wrote: Tue Jul 13, 2021 7:01 pm
BaronVonKrieg wrote: Tue Jul 13, 2021 1:06 pm
VK = German abreviation for prototype
30 = 30 ton
.01 = first variation
D = Daimler-Benz

Panther (P) in game simply because the designer wanted to emphasise it was 'a' prototype of the Panther. ie. the Panther series didn't really start until the MAN version went into production.
Yes. The Panther IVH is a command vehicle that was made from spare Panther A chassis ( or Bergepanther ) with a Panzer IVH turret welded in place with its main guns workings removed. So its only armament is its hull mounted mg.

(P)at
yes yes im acquainted with that, thanks for joining in on the discussion !
terminator
Field Marshal - Elefant
Field Marshal - Elefant

Post by terminator »

What’s the point of the Panther IVH ? I feel like I have wasted my prestige points with this unit ? I find no use for this unit...
VirgilInTheSKY
Captain - Heavy Cruiser
Captain - Heavy Cruiser

Post by VirgilInTheSKY »

terminator wrote: Thu Oct 14, 2021 4:32 am What’s the point of the Panther IVH ? I feel like I have wasted my prestige points with this unit ? I find no use for this unit...
I think you are not supposed to get it in your forces. Much more like a unit made for a specific scenario.
terminator
Field Marshal - Elefant
Field Marshal - Elefant

Post by terminator »

VirgilInTheSKY wrote: Thu Oct 14, 2021 5:03 am
terminator wrote: Thu Oct 14, 2021 4:32 am What’s the point of the Panther IVH ? I feel like I have wasted my prestige points with this unit ? I find no use for this unit...
I think you are not supposed to get it in your forces. Much more like a unit made for a specific scenario.
But I can purchase the Panther IVH in the Salerno scenario...

Salerno.jpg
Salerno.jpg (435.4 KiB) Viewed 1973 times
VirgilInTheSKY
Captain - Heavy Cruiser
Captain - Heavy Cruiser

Post by VirgilInTheSKY »

terminator wrote: Thu Oct 14, 2021 6:00 am
VirgilInTheSKY wrote: Thu Oct 14, 2021 5:03 am
But I can purchase the Panther IVH in the Salerno scenario...

Salerno.jpg
Looks like a miss when writing unit files for me. TigerP, PantherP and PantherIV were added together with AO 42 update, and since the first two are obviously prototype units when you consider their historical production, it could be that they forgot to add NoPurchase for these units. Another unit added the same time, SU-76i, also simply copied available year and Open Top trait from the existing SU-76, while this unit was actually enclosed.
scorehouse
1st Lieutenant - Grenadier
1st Lieutenant - Grenadier

Post by scorehouse »

above it says in the base game then "upcoming DLC" and update also. so is there a base game update for these units or DLC update or both? :?
dalfrede
Colonel - Fallschirmjäger
Colonel - Fallschirmjäger

Post by dalfrede »

scorehouse wrote: Thu Oct 14, 2021 6:27 pm above it says in the base game then "upcoming DLC" and update also. so is there a base game update for these units or DLC update or both? :?
Most unit updates are for the DLCs that use them.

All unit updates apply to the base game.
This is the standard practice for the PzC series.
The DLCs 'pay' for the updates, then modders and others can use the new units as desired.
There comes a time on every project when it is time to shoot the engineer and ship the damn thing.
jeannot le lapin
1st Lieutenant - 15 cm sFH 18
1st Lieutenant - 15 cm sFH 18

Post by jeannot le lapin »

scorehouse wrote: Thu Oct 14, 2021 6:27 pm above it says in the base game then "upcoming DLC" and update also. so is there a base game update for these units or DLC update or both? :?
With updates and new dlcs, changes may affect the main campaign or previous dlcs. It is then necessary to make adaptations of the previous scenarios...

Return to “Panzer Corps 2”